Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LegendaryOldSon

What can I say BW old son, but top quality.
    The first and second one's were good, then it gets even better.
    Sense of humour as well, splendid old son.
    Sorry to hear you were robbed, whoever it was, will be cursed forever by the Gears universe!

Just looked on Deviant art, love the Boomer with longshot old son.
    Last edited by oldson59; 10-28-2010 at 05:11 AM.
    "Horde me up old son"
    Bring Beast/Horde mode to Gears 4

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lonely Bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    Hahahaha, that's pretty neat, bro'!
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrenodyCreed View Post
    Hahaha great! You could make comics out of these if you had the time.

By the way it baffles me how you manage to make your figures sit, I can't for the life of me bend their legs and torso enough for them to stay upright. Is it the COG Soldier's articulation? It looks pretty good compared to other figures.
    It's actually something I've been thinking about doing. I've been getting some pretty positive feedback from things like this, and the Halo figures as well. I think I might start planning something out.

Yeah, the COG has actually amazing articulation compared to the others. The range of motion is amazing in the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldson59 View Post
    What can I say BW old son, but top quality.
    The first and second one's were good, then it gets even better.
    Sense of humour as well, splendid old son.
    Sorry to hear you were robbed, whoever it was, will be cursed forever by the Gears universe!

Just looked on Deviant art, love the Boomer with longshot old son.
    Thanks a lot man. Yeah, it was pretty lousy that what happened happened. Luckily however I am getting compensation from my landlord for letting someone onto my property without my consent. So I should be able to get more figures and then some. XD

LOL Actually the only reason I did that was cause of a conversation I had with a friend of mine. Kind of interesting what a Boomer would try to do with a Longshot.
    Huge Thanks To!
    Cher - for the Mechanic Baird, Savage Grenadier Elite & Alex Brand codes I Flak - for the SDCC 2012 Exclusive Theron Elite figure
    III Lycan III - for the Commando Dom code I NFI - for the Savage Kantus & Adam Fenix codes
    Cher & Flak - for the Season Pass code I KoalaBear - for help getting the Ivory Skin I Yosoypr - for the Jungle Tai code

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Some more random humor pics.

Welcome! (I plan on using this as my DevID)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I have a bad feeling about this.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

And a shot of a tweak I did to my Grappler Drone. Now he has an actual grappling hook which connects to his back belt.
    Huge Thanks To!
    Cher - for the Mechanic Baird, Savage Grenadier Elite & Alex Brand codes I Flak - for the SDCC 2012 Exclusive Theron Elite figure
    III Lycan III - for the Commando Dom code I NFI - for the Savage Kantus & Adam Fenix codes
    Cher & Flak - for the Season Pass code I KoalaBear - for help getting the Ivory Skin I Yosoypr - for the Jungle Tai code

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Woah, woah, woah..... I had to take a moment to just gaze at the first one.....

LOL!

Helmet and top-hat, what a combo!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Best combo there is. LOL
    Huge Thanks To!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThrenodyCreed PSN ID: ThrenodyCreed

Is that Professor Layton's hat perhaps? He never parts with his hat, so the soldier must have taken it from his cold dead hands, er, head...
    Missing my Gearheads.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dubbul ARD

the bolter is my favourite its a shame you can only get this in a box set.
    = MONDAY = TUESDAY = WEDNESDAY = THURSDAY = FRIDAY = SATURDAY = SUNDAY

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Hahaha I didn't even notice that. It does look like Layton's hat. Well at least it makes sense where he got it from.

The Bolter is my favorite drone they made too. I hate the idea of having to drop the $$$ to buy the set again just for the one head. But I gotta have a Bolter. I still need Raam as well. x.x At least there's time to snatch these up before the next ones come out.
    Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer

very cool deviantart gallery I'm a big fan of what NECA is doing with their figs as far as scale and detail. They have some pretty good licenses (Gears, Bioshock, Dead Space) COOL. Sorry to hear about the $&@(*& who stole your stuff. I'm glad you got most of it back.

Redeemer

I have a question...how did you make/get the sniper with the goggles on his forehead?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Thank you. They are doing amazing work. I love the step up in quality from some of their earlier work. Even more so now that they are implementing loads of articulation to the figures lately.

I made that one. Fortunately that head was in my fodder box so it didn't get stolen. Basically all I did was pry the goggles off a sniper and just put it on as is. It's a very simple swap but it does help to add variety to the horde.
    Huge Thanks To!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Found these while browsing my Photobucket. Thought I'd share them. These are actually not only the first Gears figure pics I ever took. But they are among the first figure pictures I've taken in general. I did take some pictures of my figures before, but I never really did to the degree I do now. Enjoy.

Those are actually what got me started on figure photography as a hobby. These were taken a few days later when I bought the standard Drone.

Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer

Nice! These pics look like they're from the artwork on Gears clashells!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Thanks Luck.
    Huge Thanks To!

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Woah, really like the sniper shots. The lighting and set up really bring out the picture and create a certain vibe.
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Thank you.
    Huge Thanks To!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Thanks much man.
    Huge Thanks To!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Unfortunately I don't have a Baird figure. I would still be happy to give it a shot with some of my other COGs if you're interested.

I have
    -Hoffman
    -Marcus
    -Cole
    -Anthony
    -COG Soldier V.2
    Huge Thanks To!

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkRedScorpion

nah, thanks anyway. baird is my character of choice for the cog. i notice you dont have dom either, have trouble finding the two, or is there some kind of hidden grudge between the 3 of you?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Alright, cool cool. Hahaha nah it's just that at the time when they first came out my money was tied up in other things. And for some reason I just never got around to picking them up.
    Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer

I have a Baird figure...he looks wierd.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

He did look a bit off. I'm hoping that the next Baird won't look quite so... weird.
    Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Big Water View Post
    He did look a bit off. I'm hoping that the next Baird won't look quite so... weird.
    yeah have you seen the Gears 3 Baird? VERY VERY cool.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Luck V3 View Post
    yeah have you seen the Gears 3 Baird? VERY VERY cool.
    Yes I did. And I am sold! Can't wait to add him to my COG army. So far the locust are outnumbering them 3 to 1. xD
    Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CyberWalX

op, nice shots m8, very proffesional
    My KD sucks but i just luv plyin
    Gnasher vet #32
    Gcon nights = Fun nights

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lxDEATHTRAPxl

I vote YES!!!
    You will be assimilated.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Thank so much for the nice comments guys.
    Huge Thanks To!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThrenodyCreed PSN ID: ThrenodyCreed

This thread is the one deserving of a sticky and not mine.
    Missing my Gearheads.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Really? Thank you. That means a lot considering your pictures are amazing!
    Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: K5 stifmeister

Howd you get robbed if you dont mind asking and why you out of all people?
    Hello there check out my
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/civil238
    Corpser sculpture - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2#post29520842
    Amazing Gears cake - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post29520831
    Please comment and share your thoughts\

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MEXICAN HOS7

Awesome thread needs new pictures

Redeemer

Yeah where are the new pics?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

It's been a long time since I have updated this. Too long if you ask me. I might have to bust out the chest paddles and breathe some fresh life into this thread. Though I might not have been able to get my hands on new figures in a bit, that shouldn't stop me from sharing nifty new pictures. With the Theron Elite on the way I'm going to toss a few new pics in when I can until he arrives and has his own photo session.

It's going to be hard not having a decent camera but I'm going to try to keep them coming. I got to play around with Instagram on an iPhone just a little while ago and was actually pleased with how the pictures came out. The filters were fun to play around with too. Here are four pictures I took while I had my chance.

I cropped out the borders that it puts on pics because I wasn't too fond of them myself. Overall I think they came out pretty good though. It's a nice little substitute until I can get the money for a proper camera again.

Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

After months never got my question answered, howd you get robbed And why
    Hello there check out my

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MiniPistolTroika View Post
    After months never got my question answered, howd you get robbed And why
    You know, I did not even notice that question. It's not really a pleasant story and is not to easy to tell, but I will give a short run down.

The landlord allowed people into my house without my consent. By the time I got back my place was almost completely cleaned out... of anything valuable that is. As it turned out this was something that the landlord had been doing to several tenants at the her residences she was renting out. I got a lawyer the same day all of this went down, when he heard everything he jumped on the case even offering to do it for free since he saw some serious money in it. As it turned out from what he was able to dig up, it was more sinister than anyone could have imagined. She was getting fake documents claiming to be evicting the tenants (in this case me) from a corrupt Chicago judge who was getting money on the side from these transactions. The federal government stepped in after my lawyer made all this clear to them through proper channels. After all that happened, it wasn't just a robbery, it went much deeper. Those involved in everything got sentencing and are now in federal prison under multi-million dollar bail with the shortest sentence 35 years since this had been going on for so long. The list of charges they had against them were serious too; tax evasion, money laundering, embezzling... so on and so forth. Unfortunately since the government came in and seized all their assets, the reparations I was promised by my lawyer were virtually unobtainable. He put in a order to have the cost of everything that was stolen in total replaced $35,000..... yes they got away with that much in electronics, tools, jewelry, some of my figure collection, and various other items. I'm still waiting on getting what's owed to me and trying to rebuild after all this happened. It might sound crazy like something from a bad movie... but it's all true. I have documents, court dates, and all that.... but I still have yet to get what's owed to me after all this time. That's the how. As for the why, I can't really say. Perhaps it was their greed, they were so hell bent on making money they didn't care if they ruined people's lives in the process. The lawyer had the inclination that she was doing this to people she thought were illegal immigrants. I'm Mexican and it shows in my last name, perhaps she and by extension everyone else involved assumed the same of me. It doesn't matter now though. In the end though their greed got the best of them, they have plenty of time to reflect on their actions in prison.

It's still kind of upsetting talking about this. I got completely screwed for nothing. I never missed a single rent payment nor did I do anything wrong to deserve what happened. But that doesn't change anything though, what happened happened. I just have to move on. It was an ongoing legal matter at the time too, even if I did see your question I would not have been able to answer it. I bet you weren't expecting something like that though.
    Last edited by Big Water; 08-13-2012 at 12:24 AM.
    Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

My curiousity...

Wow thats crazy and im sorry that happen. At least they didnt get away with it, thats really good. There not nice people.

Would you think that is a good thing that happened tho? Because from my point of view you just got a bunch of money at once to pay for everything. Back new and then some or am I wrong.
    Hello there check out my

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rijolt PSN ID: Rijolt

I had to turn off my music and re-read what you posted. You poor thing. That is the most bonkers thing... Oh dear. I am sorry for you, sweetling, but I'm glad you're getting through it. I hope ya get that payment soon, so you can snag some of your items back. I'd send you stuff, if I had stuff to give. >-< Sadly, my friend has basically cleaned out my bank account after a few months of saving. (That makes my blood boil sooooo hard. Idiot.)

Er, wait, you said it happened to other people, as well? Why wasn't this caught sooner? o-O'

Ah, Troika, they may have taken some junk Water may not have fully cared for, and some things that held a personal attachment- you can't put a price on anything you cared for.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...I-be-warkin-on Tell me what you think of the 'I-will-eat-you' and the Rifter!~

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MiniPistolTroika View Post
    My curiousity...

Wow thats crazy and im sorry that happen. At least they didnt get away with it, thats really good. There not nice people.

Would you think that is a good thing that happened tho? Because from my point of view you just got a bunch of money at once to pay for everything. Back new and then some or am I wrong.
    It's alright. It feels kind of good to get it out in the air. I haven't talked about it much since it happened.

Thank you, it took a while but I was able to put that past me. That day when my lawyer got in contact with me and told me their respective sentencing was a happy day for me. I felt a sense of peace knowing that justice was served and closure in a sense knowing that horrible people like that weren't allowed to walk free.

It was actually a good thing in a way. While I'm still waiting on something good to happen, me getting reparations for the whole thing. My lawyer still updates me from time to time letting me know if he's an closer to getting what's owed. Everything I lost was material and could be replaced, I looked at the whole experience as a sort of chance. A chance to move forward with my life, leaving behind everything I didn't like about myself and holding onto everything I did. I've since moved for personal reasons, I just didn't feel comfortable in that house anymore, there were too many bad memories. I was a the bottom for a while there, I know that since then things can only go up from here. They have been too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijolt View Post
    I had to turn off my music and re-read what you posted. You poor thing. That is the most bonkers thing... Oh dear. I am sorry for you, sweetling, but I'm glad you're getting through it. I hope ya get that payment soon, so you can snag some of your items back. I'd send you stuff, if I had stuff to give. >-< Sadly, my friend has basically cleaned out my bank account after a few months of saving. (That makes my blood boil sooooo hard. Idiot.)

Er, wait, you said it happened to other people, as well? Why wasn't this caught sooner? o-O'

Ah, Troika, they may have taken some junk Water may not have fully cared for, and some things that held a personal attachment- you can't put a price on anything you cared for.
    Thank you. Like I said in my comment to Troika, it feels good to kind of clear the air, to tell my story. The entire thing made me appreciate what I had and more importantly, who was there to help pick me up. All in all it was a learning experience and helped me grow as a person. That is very kind of you to offer, I couldn't ask that of you though. It's enough that you took the time to read what I had to say. I'm sorry to hear that your friend cleaned out your bank account. I can understand how that would be upsetting for you.

That's the biggest concern I've had with the whole thing. As I had stated, the lawyer said that records showed she was renting almost exclusively to Mexican families. From what he could gather everyone assumed that I and for that matter everyone else were illegal citizens. If that were the case many people in that position would spare a major incident since they themselves were breaking the law by being here. The judge who sentenced them even personally thanked my family afterwards. He told us that because we put our foot down and did not got silent after it happened they were finally able to put an end to this cycle. He also stated how he wished any of the other 10+ families this happened to would have stepped forward since this was a serious case of corruption.

Through it all I realized more and more that my family is the most important thing. I never took my family for granted before but the whole incident brought us even closer together.
    Last edited by Big Water; 08-13-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    Huge Thanks To!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rijolt PSN ID: Rijolt

Even though I don't know you well or at all, I'd have your back. <3
    Oh, his bank account was under, and his computer died, so he transferred more money than he meant to from my account. Not good, but I'll have to deal.

I hope not many of them WERE illegal, but I'm not sure if that can be helped...

I'm glad they're supporting you through this, I can't imagine going through that without any support.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...I-be-warkin-on Tell me what you think of the 'I-will-eat-you' and the Rifter!~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast