Map - Deathmatch (PC) DM-TowersArena 2k9 - FINAL released 01/19/2009

Name: DM-TowersArena2k9
    Version: 1.0 - Final
    Compatibility: PC only, patch 1.3 or higher (tested with patch 2.0 too)
    Number of players : 8 to 32
    Description: A blood-sport tournament's arena between towers constructed inside a big caverne.

This map has obtained the score of 76/100 on it's review on UT Unlimited.
    The complete review by Firefly is here :
    http://utunlimited.beyondunreal.com/...e=1#comment-84

Screenshots:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Note :
    Visual oriented HOLP's style.
    I have past lot's of time to make all S-FX, with many kismet seq, hope you will enjoy its, especially UDamage, Invis and extra-life sequences

Custom Contents :
    Materials, static-meshes, sounds, Stingers, music and S-FX.

Credits:
    -Hourences, for his great tutorials.
    -Killbait!, Nawrot, ffejnosliw and Bazzwano for great help and debug me with some crazy stuffs, thx a lot guys !
    -All the community of the Epic's Forum for their help.

And for their Beta tests and constructives feedbacks :

-Odedge & Stevelois, you both take on your time to help others mappers to improve their work, it's really appreciate, many thx bros
    -Bl!tz and all beta testers from the {BFG} Clan, big thx to alls mates
    -Moonflyer, Djisilt, Arkam, Waagher, Staward, Dopemag, Kazimira, FragTastic, ShadeMistress...
    -Keo, for your crazy ideas and suggestions
    Sorry for those I may have forgoten...

download link 1: DOWNLOAD Filefront.com

download link 2: DOWNLOAD UnrealPlayground.com

download link 3: DOWNLOAD map-factory.org

download link 4: DOWNLOAD beyondunreal.com

download link 5: DOWNLOAD FPSBanana.com

download link 6: DOWNLOAD Game-Maps.net

download link 7: DOWNLOAD ut-files.com

God King

Hey Seb

Finally, you made it lol

I'm at work now so I can't play it but I'm curious to know if you include the DE weapon in the final ?

BTW, thx for the credits but it is not necessary. I didn't really help you out in this map & I don't feel confortable taking credits on something I don't deserve. Or at least, just put me at the botton of your credits list because my name as not beign as useful as Odedge in your map.

I'll try it out tonight & I'm sure the final is solid without any bugs

C'ya

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    I'm curious to know if you include the DE weapon in the final ?
    Not on this, but I need it for the next one

Boomshot

looks good my friend....D/L
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Ironically, the first time I saw pictures of the map, I didn't think much of it. But after playing it, I had to change my mind. The lower part of the map is simple and straight forward, while the upper part is very tricky to navigate. So you have a choice.

Add in the theme (rock concert meets The Matrix) and you have yourself a good time. My favorite aspect of the map is the whole Udamage sequence. It's very simple in theory, but very cool.

You also changed the background drastically and I like the change, nice job. There was one thing in particular you didn't change that I suggested, but that will be our secret.

It would be fun to do a map in this theme, but with a more traditional DM layout. If I have the time I will try and do my best to learn from your Kismet sequences!

Very good map!

Prisoner 849

Looks like an interesting map from the screenies!
    I prefer lots of colour in maps so expect a download from me!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

I want to know if it's now possible to cook the map for ps3 even if there are customs sounds, music and stingers in the map ?

Quote Originally Posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    I want to know if it's now possible to cook the map for ps3 even if there are customs sounds, music and stingers in the map ?
    I don't think you can have any custom sounds. I know you can't have custom music (as I replaced my "custom" music in DM-Tomac.

If that's the case, I think a PS3 build (when you have time time) is worth it, even with out the custom sounds. Though, you will have to tweak your Kismet sequences.

God King

Hey Seb

Just played your baby.

Damn, I played with 11 bots, much below the min your suggested and the action is, well, fast !

The exterior (outside the play area) is waaaaaaaay much better than the last beta. Since all the map is tighter, it feel even more like an arena and fit's much better

Your kismet sequence & adrenaline it provide is VERY well done. As the music & voice sample that are totally awesome !!!

Still, there are some things as the beta that don't fit with my kind of casual gaming but hey, it's a great map none the lest

Sincerely, it is the most fast action map I've seen to date for UT3. Pure carnage

Thx for this first comments guys
    Sincerely, it is the most fast action map I've seen to date for UT3. Pure carnage
    Cool, this map was effectively designed just for that

I hope have some other feedbacks, any kinds of course, to improve the next one

Boomshot

K.!.C.K. A.S.S .M.A.P !!!

muhahaha...just try it after station 12.....and now i need 24 hours to recover 100% in ma ears

though i m completly addict of yer sounds;crazy; powafull and nicely synchronized on the gameplay....and the gameplay still excellent even if i was too often " lucky" in my opinion....

the cave part fit to the map and ur lighting s pure kill

well if u dont like your neightbours put volume at maximum and play this map....they cant survive ...haha^^

bon boulot frerot;waiting the next
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Quote Originally Posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
    though i m completly addict of yer sounds...
    Lol, I have a friend who is totally became addict to that sounds too, He ask me everytime to make a mutator so he can play every maps with that stingers sounds instead of the originals, maybe I will make it...

Quote Originally Posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
    if u dont like your neightbours put volume at maximum and play this map....they cant survive ...haha^^
    My neightbours don't have survived during the development of this map

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Abyssal nova

This map looks great and plays great, I also love the usage of all the various sounds. Kudos to you for the map!

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssal Nova View Post
    ...Kudos to you for the map!
    Thx for your comment...oh and I love your pseudonym

Your map as been reviewed on "UT Unlimited!"
    PS: I don't agree which is score
    You are nice Steve, but think the score I have obtained is fair.

Just compare with the score of a map like DM-Thor (THE map for me) :

Gameplay:
    thor : 27/30, tower 26/30.
    Eye candy:
    thor : 22/25, tower 21/25.

It's no bad for me !
    Only the optimisation make me loose a lot of points, but it's ok for me
    I'm very glad of this score

I just update the D/L link on first post since filefront will be stop its activities...

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    It's here as well.
    Link added on the first post, thx Firefly

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey, I downloaded this a while ago and finally got around to trying it out last night. That's some nice Kismet-Fu, and I like the chance(?) of not falling to your death a lot. It has Every Powerup Known To Man(tm), and I'm not sure if that's good, it seems to fit the theme. I'd be scared to see someone play Titan on there.

I could see it being a lot more fun with humans, too. I played against bots on Diff 6, I think, which gives them enough inane-type skill that they're shock-rifling you out of their backside from three levels below as you're flying from a jump pad because they had LOS on you for .02 seconds. (Plus I rolled Akasha, heh.) That made it kinda less fun ^_^.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Weaver View Post
    Hey, I downloaded this a while ago and finally got around to trying it out last night. That's some nice Kismet-Fu...
    Thx for your comments

Iron Guard
    www.ut-files.com | The largest Unreal file hosting site.

Prisoner 849

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1502

Added to database. Objections if this map finds its way into a mappack?
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

Quote Originally Posted by zunnie View Post
    Objections if this map finds its way into a mappack?
    No prob until you keep the zip archive with readme file, it's ok for me.
    Thx to you and Skillz for the mirrors

Prisoner 849

You need to edit your post and include the link
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

Redeemer

Thumbs up fun map!

I like the low gravity, jumping like a jackrabbit as well as the abundant pickups, neon lights, spotlights and lighting/shadows; a lot of stuff going on here with the excellent music choice, ambient sounds, berzerk, udamage announcement and hat trick; the player recommendation is a bit high and I would think an ideal player load would better fall from 8-16 players; bots are a little easy in here and best played as TDM. Not sure how I missed this one.

EDIT: I figured I better post this in the Full Release section also since I found the old thread (plenty of DL links on the first page).

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    I like the low gravity, jumping like a jackrabbit as well as the abundant pickups, neon lights, spotlights and lighting/shadows; a lot of stuff going on here with the excellent music choice, ambient sounds, berzerk, udamage announcement and hat trick; the player recommendation is a bit high and I would think an ideal player load would better fall from 8-16 players; bots are a little easy in here and best played as TDM. Not sure how I missed this one.
    Yeah I must admit, the bots count was a bit exaggerate lol

THX for the review SkaarjMaster (I'm a bit late sorry)

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Smile I've seen better.

Brilliant atmosphere and visuals, burst with various color lights on the edge, spotlight, smokes, jumppads, relevant pickups, weapon/ammo/health placement, low gravity, crazy z-axis, and skybox. Funny how he made a starting and extra life announcements that's a fun part anyhow, and also a great use of kimset, fun sound effects and music choice as well. Great gameplay in adrenaline rush and the bots are seriously fun!

Download Link #4: BeyondUnreal is dead at the first post.
    Link of ut3.game-maps.net moved to the new link: http://www.game-maps.org/index.php?/...ebastien-nova/
    Additional mirror by UTzone.de: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=3005