Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Imploding Whale

Default Gears action figures price questions.

How come when I look for Gears of War action figures, the prices can have very wide differences on each website you find one? Like at necaclub.com, the Headshot Drone costs fifty dollars while on amazon.com it's only twenty dollars. On amazon.com there's and Anthony Carmine for $250.00, yet on necaclub.com it's only twenty dollars and on ebay.com I see some Anthony Carmines ranging from $50-$150. So my last question is, where can I get Gears action figures (Especially Carmine) for reasonable prices?
    Last edited by Imploding Whale; 12-30-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    Selling the following items:
    Marcus Batsu Figure , Dom Batsu Figure.
    PM me, if you're interested in purchasing. Payments will be done through paypal, and I'll only ship to continental US!

Iron Guard

You'll never get Carmine at a reasonable price unless you find someone who's selling it and doesn't know what they have. He was exclusive to SDCC '08, which means he was produced in a very small quantity, offered for a very limited time to a very small amount of people which means collectors can set the price to whatever they want. No website is offering it at a reasonable price. The best price for an actual, in-stock Carmine I've seen has never been less than $80.
    Best bet is to check just listed items on ebay very often and find one with a relatively low buy it now price.
    Personally, unless you're a HUGE Carmine fan or have a lot of money to blow, I'd skip it entirely. I've spent almost a grand on my various Gears merch since August and I still have no REAL desire for such an overpriced figure.

The Headshot Drone is an Amazon.com exclusive. Buying it from there is the best, cheapest bet. All the other retailers have to buy it from Amazon at retail price ($19.99) then mark it up to make a profit, which is why everyone else sells it for $25 and up.

The Wave 1 Box Set originally retailed at around $45. It has since sold out just about everywhere and caused a lot of people to turn greedy and try to jack up the price. One guy on these forums was so "disgusted" with Gears 2 multiplayer he was selling all of his Gears merch. He wouldn't part with his wave 1 box set for less than $100.
    If you pay more than $55, you're getting jacked.

As a general rule, you can find all of Delta for less than (or right at) $20 after shipping, with Carmine and Wave 2 Marcus as the exceptions (I've seen wave 2 Marcus go for $10 after shipping online, since the figure is defective). Ebay and Amazon seem to be the best bet, unfortunately, as most online toy stores have sold out of just about everything thanks to X-Mas.

The Locusts are often much more expensive. It would be tough to find any of them for less than $25 or more each. My theory is people purchased multiples of the Locusts to build an army, which has caused a shortage and prices to spike.

Try to look at local Toys R Us, FYE, Suncoast, Sam Goody, Spencers Gifts, Hot Topic, Tower and local comic shops. Waves 1 and 2 Box Sets were offered through Diamond Comics Distributors to comic shops this year, and they may still be available for order/re-order.

Best places to look are Amazon, with free supersaver shipping or an ebay user who combines shipping. If I stumble across a site with reasonable prices, I'll post it.
    Last edited by Toki; 12-30-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Thank you very much for your response.

I still find it hard to believe that Necaclub.com was selling Carmine for twenty dollars but it says it's out of stock so I'm wondering if Carmine will get restocked or if it's sold out for good because a twenty dollar Carmine is the best deal I'll maybe ever find.

EDIT: In case no one believes me, here's a link.

http://www.necaclub.com/geofwarsdexc.html
    Last edited by Imploding Whale; 12-30-2008 at 03:41 PM.
    PM me, if you're interested in purchasing. Payments will be done through paypal, and I'll only ship to continental US!

Quote Originally Posted by Imploding Whale View Post
    Thank you very much for your response.

I still find it hard to believe that Necaclub.com was selling Carmine for twenty dollars but it says it's out of stock so I'm wondering if Carmine will get restocked or if it's sold out for good because a twenty dollar Carmine is the best deal I'll maybe ever find.

EDIT: In case no one believes me, here's a link.

http://www.necaclub.com/geofwarsdexc.html
    Sorry, but I honestly don't see the Carmine figure being re-stocked. I hate these dumb exclusives...

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBigBoss View Post
    Sorry, but I honestly don't see the Carmine figure being re-stocked. I hate these dumb exclusives...
    Yea, that's what I was thinking.

EDIT: But the other comic con exclusives from previous years are in stock according to the site that I posted but what do I know, I'm just some dude who's hunting for good Gears action figure deals.
    Last edited by Imploding Whale; 12-30-2008 at 04:34 PM.

^ Lol, hopefully there'll be a Benjamin Carmine figure available.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBigBoss View Post
    ^ Lol, hopefully there'll be a Benjamin Carmine figure available.
    That would be awesome.

Iron Guard

There is a generic "Cog Soldier" that looks just like Ben Carmine in the next wave.
    I really hope there's some kind of "headshot" Carmine in the near future. Or some kind of "Gears of War 1 COG Soldier" with his armor.

It's always possible they'll get more in stock at NecaClub. You can email them if you want. I haven't really seen a SDCC exclusive figure make such a splash before, though. The others may still be in stock due to low interest, but who knows?

Iron Guard

Also, check Figures.com from time to time. Mixed with their news, which updates constantly, they feature sales and specials from online toy stores (that are often from their sponsors). Gears comes up pretty often, and at the very least it's a resource for links to lots and lots of e-toystores.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ItsTheBranMan

http://www.action-figure.com/index.p...icle&sid=24161

Thats the ones I'M waiting for. I can't wait to add Kim to my Delta squad
    collection. That will make, Marcus, Baird, Dom, Kim, Anthony, and Cole.
    When the COG Gear makes it here, that will be Ben.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Toki View Post
    Wave 2 Marcus as the exceptions (I've seen wave 2 Marcus go for $10 after shipping online, since the figure is defective).
    Sorry, but would you mind explaining how exactly the series 2 Marcus is defective?
    I'm just curious as I have one right now.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBeaver View Post
    Sorry, but would you mind explaining how exactly the series 2 Marcus is defective?
    I'm just curious as I have one right now.
    Many, many people claim the joints are flimsy and break easily, especially the elbows (some claim it isn't even attached in the package) and others claim things like hands, arms and legs snap off while removing it from the packaging. I've seen numerous broken Marcus wave 2 figures on eBay, read lots of independent reviews about it and almost all Amazon.com reviews mention it.
    Last edited by Toki; 12-31-2008 at 06:46 PM.

In regards to the faulty Marcus Fenix series 2 figure, does anyone know how NECA is addressing this issue? In terms of compensation for the problems.
    I just realized that the Marcus I keep in the box (I have one in and out of the box) is broken on the trigger hand, his forearm is not connected to the rest of the arm .

If I were to tell NECA about this would they compensate me? Or do I have to buy another figure? Will they generously send me a new, functioning figure? Or do I just get a refund at the store I bought it at and buy a new one?-- that is, if I can find the damned receipt... The price value on a broken figure won't be high so I'd rather have a working one then a broken one.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EckotypeR

yeah i got a boxed set of series 2, i was to get 4 individual figures and jsut baird,dom, and both therons' but the idiot seller sent me the boxed set... i had a broken armed marcus in it... so i just pulled his head off,a dn used him as a dead cog for my display... sucked though :/ yeah carmine was an exclusive to sdcc, thats where i got mine... they were $15 at the show, and limit 2 per person per day... really cool figure.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i put a pin in my marcus 2.0 and he's currently a work in progress that um...will be finished one day, i promise...Bare Your Teeth Marcus (he's in my WIP folder on my pics page)

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I just got my locust head shot drone in the mail today and 100 comic sleeves for my Gears two comics.

The head shot drone was $20 while the 100 comic sleeves were $4 and bought them both from amazon and the head shot drone had free shipping.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bbjon1

its the same in england prices vary from £7.99 to £19.99 depending where you buy got most of mine for the lower price in the sales.the amazonEXCLUSIVE locust head shot was avalible in the shops for under a tenner

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by the smoking skunk View Post
    its the same in england prices vary from £7.99 to £19.99 depending where you buy got most of mine for the lower price in the sales.the amazonEXCLUSIVE locust head shot was avalible in the shops for under a tenner
    Amazon US is different from Amazon UK. The headshot Drone is Amazon US exclusive, and must be available through different retail outlets in the UK so you can actually get one.
    With the current exchange rate, at £10 the headshot locusts there are roughly the same (maybe 2 bucks less) as the us.

Iron Guard

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by servbot001 View Post
    i put a pin in my marcus 2.0 and he's currently a work in progress that um...will be finished one day, i promise...Bare Your Teeth Marcus (he's in my WIP folder on my pics page)
    My Marcus 2.0's left arm snapped when I was trying to make a Stop Motion video! The material used for the arm articulation is so cheap. Its held together by a thread like plastic piece!!

I have repaired his arm with screw and bolt! I have a much better Marcus now! The arm better articulated than before

Will do the same in case the other arm snaps s
    Last edited by SamRock; 02-05-2009 at 08:31 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: drewieboy

im trying to find a cheap Cole and Baird anyone got any sites?
    But Marcus, We got to find Maria!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

wow, I must've got lucky. Between me, my best friend, and my little cousin we own 4 Series 2 Marcus (2 Series 3 Marcus', in the Chainsaw'd 2 Pack) and none of mine broke. The only thing I've had issues with is the Torque Bow, skinny piece broke on me.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

Quote Originally Posted by Toki View Post
    You'll never get Carmine at a reasonable price unless you find someone who's selling it and doesn't know what they have. He was exclusive to SDCC '08, which means he was produced in a very small quantity, offered for a very limited time to a very small amount of people which means collectors can set the price to whatever they want. No website is offering it at a reasonable price. The best price for an actual, in-stock Carmine I've seen has never been less than $80.
    Best bet is to check just listed items on ebay very often and find one with a relatively low buy it now price.
    Personally, unless you're a HUGE Carmine fan or have a lot of money to blow, I'd skip it entirely. I've spent almost a grand on my various Gears merch since August and I still have no REAL desire for such an overpriced figure.

The Headshot Drone is an Amazon.com exclusive. Buying it from there is the best, cheapest bet. All the other retailers have to buy it from Amazon at retail price ($19.99) then mark it up to make a profit, which is why everyone else sells it for $25 and up.

The Wave 1 Box Set originally retailed at around $45. It has since sold out just about everywhere and caused a lot of people to turn greedy and try to jack up the price. One guy on these forums was so "disgusted" with Gears 2 multiplayer he was selling all of his Gears merch. He wouldn't part with his wave 1 box set for less than $100.
    If you pay more than $55, you're getting jacked.

As a general rule, you can find all of Delta for less than (or right at) $20 after shipping, with Carmine and Wave 2 Marcus as the exceptions (I've seen wave 2 Marcus go for $10 after shipping online, since the figure is defective). Ebay and Amazon seem to be the best bet, unfortunately, as most online toy stores have sold out of just about everything thanks to X-Mas.

The Locusts are often much more expensive. It would be tough to find any of them for less than $25 or more each. My theory is people purchased multiples of the Locusts to build an army, which has caused a shortage and prices to spike.

Try to look at local Toys R Us, FYE, Suncoast, Sam Goody, Spencers Gifts, Hot Topic, Tower and local comic shops. Waves 1 and 2 Box Sets were offered through Diamond Comics Distributors to comic shops this year, and they may still be available for order/re-order.

Best places to look are Amazon, with free supersaver shipping or an ebay user who combines shipping. If I stumble across a site with reasonable prices, I'll post it.
    Why is Marcus defective? Mine has no problems.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by c SPARTAN117 c View Post
    I guess you just got really lucky, or you've never played with your series two Marcus figure too much.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by c SPARTAN117 c View Post
    I (and others) have discused this multiple times in this thread.

Iron Guard

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MastaMikeX View Post
    wow, I must've got lucky. Between me, my best friend, and my little cousin we own 4 Series 2 Marcus (2 Series 3 Marcus', in the Chainsaw'd 2 Pack) and none of mine broke. The only thing I've had issues with is the Torque Bow, skinny piece broke on me.
    You should take it out of your showcase and try making a Stop motion movie like I did

Here they are:
    (Marcus vs Locust)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4qrrp68ypA
    (Baird in Trouble)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-WToKJUA1o

Quote Originally Posted by MastaMikeX View Post
    i must've gotten luckier. ive got 9 carmine figures. im laughing at myself for it but quite anxious to sell around 6 of them.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by pt87 View Post
    i must've gotten luckier. Ive got 9 carmine figures. Im laughing at myself for it but quite anxious to sell around 6 of them.
    what!?!?!?!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OMFG teh Champ

I think the reason they range so greatly is because the Carmine action figure came out at SDCC and it was only like $29.99 - $39.99 there so the places use it as a price holder. But since the value increased since there is a limited quantity and the demand for them increased and Gears became more popular the price increased accordingly.

That and people love NECA figures, Gears is becoming popular, and these figures aren't exactly every where or easy to find.