Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    God King

It reminds me a lot of UT2004 for some reason. I just hope you can solve the issue with the pathing
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    ____Cosmix________________________________________

MSgt. Shooter Person

Oh God! I'm so in love with your Art Direction!
    How soon will we try it?
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    [Knowlage is power] Sinéad, for the first time, life is gonna turn around...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Foufoune_Rose View Post
    Oh God! I'm so in love with your Art Direction!
    How soon will we try it?
    Thx Foufoune Rose!
    Have to tweak bot pathing and fix some problems with kismet. So actually 90% is done. A probably beta will be soon.
    ____Cosmix________________________________________

Iron Guard

It's been ages since I've last been to this forum, but I recently picked up an old project: CTF-MarketDistrict
    I know someone did a 1on1 conversion, but mine is much much more special, as I've added alternate routes.
    Still a WIP, but here are some screens of the changed places:

God King

Would be cool if these were crystalls
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

** Someone make a map that is not DM

* Not many ppl show dedication or cares with gameplay elements in their maps anymore... and this is extremely annoying.

- the truth is making a DM map with absolutely no consideration to game play is so easy. what you reckon. 16 hours max ?

- infact people might aswel release a map with no prefix.
    - alternatively make a map with vctf prefix then people can use all over DM mutator.
    - use the same base map and make it warfare. anything like that
    - seriously DM yawn..

all i see is DM
    - come on... when i see people like steve making maps i think; nice this map should be clean geometry, nice visuals and good gameplay.
    - but it is still DM.DMDMDMDMMDMDMDMDMDMDMDMMDMMDM]
    FFS
    this is why stuff like this :

just stays on my harddrive
    - if u recognize it you know it could look spectacular, but if the whole map can only be DM- it gets boring so easily to see this prefix.

please someone make varied prefixes.

Edit:

-i aim for alot less than 30 hours to make this, just to see if it is possible
    - MEdge map capable of DM/ CTF/ VCTF/ &Warfare
    - derelict and abandoned since the days of MEdge
    Last edited by TKBS; 09-14-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Does this map only contain these cube meshes? Nothing else? (except Pickups etc. ofc)

God King

Quote Originally Posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    Does this map only contain these cube meshes? Nothing else? (except Pickups etc. ofc)
    Yep, all geometry is cubic. The only meshes except pickus are made from converted BSP. I use only few textures to create this entire level My simplest level to date (few textures, almost no meshes with a overall light visuals).

I was thinking about something like this as well - but created dynamically.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    2300 brushes & it keep going up Do you like cubes ? I hope so...

Hey Steve, that's looking sweet! I'm a sucker for an old school low grav map . Looking forward to a beta.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    Hey Steve, that's looking sweet! I'm a sucker for an old school low grav map . Looking forward to a beta.
    He he

Well m8, there will be no beta for this map, it's gonna be straight to final. I have private testers.

I hope you will like it. It's my simplest work to date, not as good looking as your spacenoxx remake but will be unique after all

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Anubis202

2300 brushes & it keep going up Do you like cubes ? I hope so...

This kinda reminds me of the downloadable maps for Mirror's Edge, which I love like hell! Gonna keeping an eye on this one, because I like the progress!
    There is nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past so look ahead or risk being left behind. ~Claudia Black, Stargate SG1
    In love with the Unreal franchise since 1998 and gonna love it forever!

Steam~GeForce~YouTube

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis 'Shadowgod' View Post
    This kinda reminds me of the downloadable maps for Mirror's Edge, which I love like hell! Gonna keeping an eye on this one, because I like the progress!
    I never play that game but I ear very good comments about it. So it's good for me héhé I hope you will like it Let me know when time come

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

I never play that game but I ear very good comments about it. So it's good for me héhé I hope you will like it Let me know when time come
    Of course, I will!

As I said before, I like the progress so far, that's why I believe I'm gonna like the final map as well. Anyway, I just can recommend Mirror's Edge, because it is a beautiful game! Not only the gameplay is fun, also the visual quality is interesting. I personally love it!
    There is nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past so look ahead or risk being left behind. ~Claudia Black, Stargate SG1

Steam~GeForce~YouTube

@ Steve:
    *wow taht map has had some time spent on it... should be a good one.. nice nice
    * Would it not help reduce your brush count if you used the 'Extrude' within geometry editor?
    - and if so- would a reduced brush count be a benefit in anyway?- i have always wondered

- I like cubes.

- And @ shadowGod
    - i like Mirror's edge, you can have these maps if you want...- since no other mafka wants it

SolarFields is releasing a new album in like 7 days; and as i like both his music and ME i made this featuring his tunes....

- Also note the epic irony that it is DM lol
    Last edited by TKBS; 12-09-2011 at 01:52 PM.

God King

@TKBS

Mirror's Edge pics are nice

Good you like the look of Itarion It's quite a simple map, using only few textures with no visuals goodies, I've keep it as "light" as possible. Yep, I'm aware of the 'Extrude' function but since I had to added / delete geometry without knowing what I'll end up with, it was simpler just to add brushes. This project was only a side one to add something cool & different coming from me in the upcoming UOF DM Map Pack if time permit it.

Your out of luck because all my maps are DM ! I've just release a CTF-Citius for a DM change lol

MSgt. Shooter Person

hey that pic steve mmm why I recall to some university entrance with those windows great atmosphere!

PD: Yellowish sky or cloudy yellowish sky? Sexy! XD

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

@ TKBS & stevelois, keep working on your maps, because they look kinda promising and I can't wait for them!

Steam~GeForce~YouTube

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis 'Shadowgod' View Post
    @ TKBS & stevelois, keep working on your maps, because they look kinda promising and I can't wait for them!
    Yep

Well, you wanted to play with my wip maps last time. So now you have them since the DM pack is now available & let me know what you think about them in the final thread or at my homepage

quick sneak peak at some early work on a new level

Prisoner 849

An early screenie from my current WIP:

"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Skaarj

Steve!! Porksword!! Long time no see.. after I disappeared from uof After taking a couple years off and getting back in to it recently here's what I have going on. Anyone have any comments or critiques?

This is my new map "Asahito" - small deathmatch map.
    Motivation is tangible.

God King

Yo quaal, your still alive Been a while !

Since you ask for critiques, by looking at the pics :

- In pic 3, you have 2 powerups side by side. Not a good idea gameplay wise. You need to spread them.
    - In pic 3, you use a mesh material on the floor, it look out of place.
    - In all pic, lighting look rudimentary, like only a skylight actor is in there ?

Nice map name

Prisoner 849

Meshing is looking good M8!
    Just need to work on the lighting some more I reckon. Get more shadows in etc..
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Skaarj

I am still alive!! it's been a long time. The lighting is only working lighting right now. Those screenshots are just a room and a hallway - it's all I've meshed so far.
    Steve - I'll definitely move those powerups - I agree it's a little extreme haha. The mesh you are talking about is the walkway that's clipping the floor? If it is I am planning on digging out the bsp and adding more meshes to make it look good. That area and behind the camera I'm still doing a lot of work on.
    Pork - thanks a lot! Takes a long time laying those meshes down damn. Hopefully I'll get a little more complete version up on my site soon. Right now it's the bsp only version.

I'll post when I have an update. Thanks guys!
    Motivation is tangible.

Iron Guard

finally, my remake/conversion of CTF-MarketDistrict:
    More info, here!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Check out the BETA thread here!

Skaarj

Hey man. That looks really good. The dirt in a couple of those screenshots really needs to be broken up a little. It's way too repetitive how it is now. Could you throw another walkway through the middle or something? In the hallways indoors you could probably add in some trim on the floor and/or ceiling too to give it a little more detail
    Motivation is tangible.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by quaal View Post
    Hey man. That looks really good. The dirt in a couple of those screenshots really needs to be broken up a little. It's way too repetitive how it is now. Could you throw another walkway through the middle or something? In the hallways indoors you could probably add in some trim on the floor and/or ceiling too to give it a little more detail
    Hmm I like your ideas, and the idea of putting another walkway through the middle isnt a bad idea.
    The center area is something that still isn't optimized yet I think. It should be much more vulnerable and open, so people will use the side ways for better cover, instead of a easy main route. I'm open to ideas concerning that area

As for the dirt, how do you mean, repetitive? Could you explain that a bit more?

And the trim, how do you see that? Like edges on the stairs, or real railing on the stairs?

Attachment 6914

might finish this pack off, might not. not sure.
    Last edited by TKBS; 03-05-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Skaarj

Breaking up the ground will keep it just as vulnerable but it will be more aesthetically pleasing. Repetitive meaning the texture repeats and its fairly obvious looking (might not be so bad at street level though). If you used terrain, break it up with some grassy patches or something. Or use static meshes to add in something to cover up the textures on the ground a little. Just turn the collision of the grass off if it's on. I would recommend maybe putting in a small ramp or 3 stairs or something to keep it very open and vulnerable but to give it a little more interest.

As for trim, open up a package named trim like LT-Trim or something and just take a look. What trim is good for is to transition from the wall to the floor so it doesn't just drive into the floor. Look around your house and see if there is any "trim" on the floor. If your place is really old it will most likely have some along the roof also. Railings work fine but I'm referring to the floor itself. Cutting holes out of the wall and adding something in there helps break up the monotony of walls too. Or using "wall" static meshes.
    Motivation is tangible.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WedgeBob

Quote Originally Posted by TKBS View Post
    Attachment 6914

Looks too much like a Half-Life corridor to me. I'd look into finding a more interesting part of the level to take a screenshot from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Brain.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by TKBS View Post
    Attachment 6914

Actually I love the colour scheme. Really draws your attention. The texture on the floor is a little bland compared to the walls though.
    Motivation is tangible.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast