Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 841 to 874 of 874
  1. #841
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Uithoorn, Netherlands
    Posts
    213
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darkn3ss is QnL PSN ID: DEVIL_-eSs3nCe-

    Default

    Just started this last week, and will be an independent release tho.
    The map is themed as a dark mine setting with textures from Hourences. Might take another 3 days to complete (:



    More pictures and the "Work in Progress" thread here: http://unrealoldfriends.activeboard....lastPostAnchor
    Last edited by Darkn3ss is QnL; 05-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Unreal Old Friends Mapping Crew

    Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

    CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

    Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

    Blog
    My Blog

  2. #842
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Uithoorn, Netherlands
    Posts
    213
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darkn3ss is QnL PSN ID: DEVIL_-eSs3nCe-

    Default

    Above map is now released!

    Check here: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...8#post31447518
    Unreal Old Friends Mapping Crew

    Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

    CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

    Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

    Blog
    My Blog

  3. #843
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    CTF Despot

    Posted on July 16, 2013 by georgehulm

    Hey all! Time to unveil my latest project! Like any Level Designer, I have many started projects, but not very many have ever made it all the way to completion.

    Anyway, I was browsing through all of my old UT3 Level files, when I came upon one little gem of a layout; all of the basic brush-work was done, and most of the surfaces already had materials applied. It did not take much imagination to see where I could take it visually, and a few rounds with bots allowed me to discern that the layout was already quite fun.

    This gave me the idea, of revisiting old concepts and layouts that I never had the time to finish. I would only work on the most promising ones, and after an evening of comparing various BSP shells, I have settled on 2 or 3 that I think will provide the greatest reward for the least amount of time.

    In the interests of getting these levels finished in a timely manner, the rules are as follows:

    No Custom Meshes
    No Custom Materials
    No Major Changes To Existing Layouts
    What you see below, is the product of a mornings work on one of the most promising layouts that I found.

    Click here, or on any of the below images, to see more pictures, and jump straight to my site.








    I am calling the map Despot, which is short for “Despotism”. As you may already be able to tell, the map takes place in the slums area of a futuristic city. A futuristic city in which the gleaming homes of the privileged exist atop great skyscrapers, and look down upon those less fortunate than themselves with disgust.

    There are a set of contrasts that comprise the main visual themes of the map, which are:

    The contrast between Light and Dark
    The contrast between the shining spires up above, and the grotty slums below
    The contrast between warm natural light, which struggles to reach so far down, and cold, artificial lanterns that light up the alleyways.

    I also plan on having many dynamic elements, such as spaceships that fly between the skyscrapers, fans, hanging cables and wires, sparks, fog and smoke. These dynamic elements are what I believe will set this level apart from other Designs.

    I will try to keep everyone updated, Feedback is very welcome.

  4. #844
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    195
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: slik sh00ter

    Default

    Looks great! Hope it gets to the completion stage. I hope I can play it one day.
    "I'm sorry, did I blow your head apart?" - Best taunt from Unreal Tournament 1999

    Check out my Online Warfare Matches: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feat...LLPikiHReT1w0p

    New match every week!

    [BETA] WAR - Midnight Breeze - Check it out below!

    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ht-Breeze-BETA

  5. #845
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Cheers Glad you like it so far!

  6. #846
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Uithoorn, Netherlands
    Posts
    213
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darkn3ss is QnL PSN ID: DEVIL_-eSs3nCe-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuplacakes View Post
    CTF Despot

    Posted on July 16, 2013 by georgehulm

    Hey all! Time to unveil my latest project! Like any Level Designer, I have many started projects, but not very many have ever made it all the way to completion.

    Anyway, I was browsing through all of my old UT3 Level files, when I came upon one little gem of a layout; all of the basic brush-work was done, and most of the surfaces already had materials applied. It did not take much imagination to see where I could take it visually, and a few rounds with bots allowed me to discern that the layout was already quite fun.

    This gave me the idea, of revisiting old concepts and layouts that I never had the time to finish. I would only work on the most promising ones, and after an evening of comparing various BSP shells, I have settled on 2 or 3 that I think will provide the greatest reward for the least amount of time.

    In the interests of getting these levels finished in a timely manner, the rules are as follows:

    No Custom Meshes
    No Custom Materials
    No Major Changes To Existing Layouts
    What you see below, is the product of a mornings work on one of the most promising layouts that I found.

    Click here, or on any of the below images, to see more pictures, and jump straight to my site.








    I am calling the map Despot, which is short for “Despotism”. As you may already be able to tell, the map takes place in the slums area of a futuristic city. A futuristic city in which the gleaming homes of the privileged exist atop great skyscrapers, and look down upon those less fortunate than themselves with disgust.

    There are a set of contrasts that comprise the main visual themes of the map, which are:

    The contrast between Light and Dark
    The contrast between the shining spires up above, and the grotty slums below
    The contrast between warm natural light, which struggles to reach so far down, and cold, artificial lanterns that light up the alleyways.

    I also plan on having many dynamic elements, such as spaceships that fly between the skyscrapers, fans, hanging cables and wires, sparks, fog and smoke. These dynamic elements are what I believe will set this level apart from other Designs.

    I will try to keep everyone updated, Feedback is very welcome.
    Looks like a good start so far.

    Some things coming from the pictures:

    - I like the idea of the lightning. A lightbrownish with a more saturated bluegreen is always a good combo. Reminds me of DM-Faze from Cr4zyb4st4rd. Looks like a similiar color and lightning scheme.
    Although this needs more work. There are some almost black spots coming from your map saying more contrast is definitely needed. (Example: Jumpboots, Picture 4 from up to down)

    - Layout so far looks pretty good, although its hard to tell coming from the pictures. You might wanna show some pictures shown from above to give a better understanding of how your layout will be.

    - Are the current materials just stakeholders? The current materials on the walls dont seem very consistent and looks somewhat messy. Though, the materials used on the floor and serving as a door down low do seem to work.

    - The BSP seems as from what I can tell pretty flat and does not seem to be any form of dynamic. A suggestion therefore is to create some diagonal arches from where we can look up to accentuate the feeling of the BSP.
    If you are not familiar with conceptualizing BSP arching, you might wanna take a look at some of McLogenog and Stevelois there maps to get an understand of decorative BSP.
    DM-Monas from McLogenog and DM-Amyrade from Stevelois would be 2 great examples.

    - I read that you would like to implement spaceships and kismet based action in your map. Thats would be a great addition and a standout to map in comparison to others,
    Though, I can't really figure out what the purpose of this should be, since:
    1. This map (coming from the pictures ofcourse..) looks very "confined within", because of the high walls. And therefor, I'm not sure If I, or players would even bother looking up to wait for Spaceships to fly over.
    2. This might slow down performance on your map.

    This map looks like a good start and I'm really interested in how this evolves
    If you need any more feedback/help or you'd like me to test a beta, drop me a pm, and I'll gladly check it out.

    Cheers!
    Unreal Old Friends Mapping Crew

    Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

    CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

    Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

    Blog
    My Blog

  7. #847
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Wow, I had forgotten how much I love these forums...

    Firstly, thank you very much Silk_Shooter for the encouragement, it's fantastic to know that your work is being looked forward to, and yes, you will be able to play it.

    And Darkness, where to begin, the fact that you are already offering such extensive feedback is amazing, and I look forward to seeing how you judge the map further down the line. I will try to respond to all of your points below:

    - I'm glad you like the basic idea behind the lighting, I have definitely found blue-green and yellow-orange to be a winning combination in the past. At the moment there are definately far too many dark patches, as well as area that are too bright or without enough contrast. I will of course remedy that in future builds, but at the moment my priority is on meshing the whole level.

    - Here is a picture of the layout for your convenice, it is somewhat convoluted as there are several different levels.



    - The current materials are just placeholders, and will be changed to suit the theme better, as well as to offer a more visually stimulating scene. Though many of the surfaces currently visible will be obscured by meshes in the future.

    - The BSP work currently represents the foundations of the map, and nothing more. I understand what you are saying and agree wholeheartedly, however, meshes will be used to achieve the effects that you are looking for, not brushwork, as they are less performance intensive, and suit the style I am going for much better.

    (I am familiar with both Mclogenog and Stevelois work, and they are both fantastic mappers, and fantastic people)

    - Yes, this level will involve numerous dynamic elements, and don't worry, it will all serve a purpose, though that will be revealed in the future.
    1. The map is definitely meant to feel "confined" so I am glad that is already coming across. And as for looking up, I have several tricks up my sleeve there.
    2. Yes, dynamic elements are performance intensive, and of course, there is always a trade off between visuals and playability. I shall just have to run a train on that optimization.

    I am going away on holiday in 3 days, and I will send you an alpha version of the map for you to play around with while I am gone. It is likely that the majority of the map will still be comprised only of the basic brushwork, but you should be able to get a basic feel for the gameplay, and I would love to hear your feedback.

    Thank's a crapton for the feedback, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. And oh yeah. Here's an update!

    The pictures are links!






    Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Cuplacakes; 07-17-2013 at 05:56 PM.

  8. #848
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Uithoorn, Netherlands
    Posts
    213
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darkn3ss is QnL PSN ID: DEVIL_-eSs3nCe-

    Default

    Yeah sure, you can send me an Alpha to judge. I'll try to check what I can do if you send me an Alpha.
    Unreal Old Friends Mapping Crew

    Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

    CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

    Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

    Blog
    My Blog

  9. #849
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Hey all!

    Here is a quick update!





    I flew to Greece this morning and I am currently sitting on a veranda overlooking the Agean Sea! Unfortunately these screenshots represent the last work I will be able to do on Despos until august, so more updates relating to that will take a while.

    But more on that in a weeks time, meanwhile, I’m just going to enjoy my holiday!

    George, Signing out!

  10. #850

    Default

    2 weeks in counting the layout, just some visual ideas i've come up with to get the feel of the atmosphere :
    A bit of a Portal feel mixed with my favorite weapon manufacturer in Borderlands : Maliwan.
    Far from finished of course, and no lighting yet.
    Currently suited for TDM/BTA 2v2 up to 4v4 (kind of messy with 8 people though), a tad big for Duel but still enjoyable. Lots of Z-axis, expect trick jumps.

    modular platforms :


    Corporation brand on floor :


    Room with "block all but weapons" force fields :


    Another pattern room :


    Brand on wall :

  11. #851
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    0ld Sk00L,CA
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Hey PlayForGG, that is lookin' good! Like the textures. It actually looks nice brightly lit LOL! Looking forward to see how this plays out.

  12. #852

    Default

    I agree. . Now i know why he wants to create a font for the multi kill message to be shown at the walls.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-announcements

  13. #853
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    195
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: slik sh00ter

    Default

    Cuplacakes, look'n really nice! Lot more detail than in your previous post.

    PlayforGG, very impressive!! Absolutely love the textures! I'd love to play it when released.
    "I'm sorry, did I blow your head apart?" - Best taunt from Unreal Tournament 1999

    Check out my Online Warfare Matches: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feat...LLPikiHReT1w0p

    New match every week!

    [BETA] WAR - Midnight Breeze - Check it out below!

    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ht-Breeze-BETA

  14. #854
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Uithoorn, Netherlands
    Posts
    213
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Darkn3ss is QnL PSN ID: DEVIL_-eSs3nCe-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayForGG View Post
    2 weeks in counting the layout, just some visual ideas i've come up with to get the feel of the atmosphere :
    A bit of a Portal feel mixed with my favorite weapon manufacturer in Borderlands : Maliwan.
    Far from finished of course, and no lighting yet.
    Currently suited for TDM/BTA 2v2 up to 4v4 (kind of messy with 8 people though), a tad big for Duel but still enjoyable. Lots of Z-axis, expect trick jumps.

    modular platforms :


    Corporation brand on floor :


    Room with "block all but weapons" force fields :


    Another pattern room :


    Brand on wall :
    This looks really good man. I like the clean textures and the color palette. Reminds me of some COMP maps.
    I'm not quite sure about the modular platforms. The map looks too clean for such a meshed platform, but it might be to early to think about that.

    Your should start a seperate thread for this, cause I'm eager to see how this evolves.
    Unreal Old Friends Mapping Crew

    Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

    CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

    Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

    Blog
    My Blog

  15. #855

    Default

    Thanks all for your opinions

    It's inspired by the comp/low poly styles as i'm a big fan of the packs and a partisan of clean looking maps with solid rock gameplay over great looking maps with so much details it becomes hard to spot the opponents, whether the gameplay is great or not. I like to have no incertitude where i can walldodge or not and i hate being stuck in random doorways.

    For the modular platforms, they will seems like being out of the walls to give the feel the map could change from a game to the other, and some of the wall/ceiling pannels will be missing revealing the structure of the map. The current screenshots have close to no details on walls but there will be some to blend everything and give a slight feel of derelict.

    I plan to keep a bright lighting scheme, with mostly crude neon white with just some touches of color here and there to avoid the map being too uniform.

  16. #856

    Default

    After lots of work and tests on the layout i've finally come up with a map that feels balanced and fun.
    Mainly suited for competitive 2v2, works really good on duel and do well 3v3 even though it can be a bit dry in weapons at times. It's a total fragfest with anything more than 6 players
    Theme is still the same, i.e. modular sci-fi feel, mainly white with some blue and orange.

    I'll upload an open beta later this month after i've fixed some glaring visual issues because i've still some grumbling about the minigun room and i want some fresh look on it before doing all the detail work.

    Some wip screenshots :










  17. #857
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    0ld Sk00L,CA
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    This is really coming along nicely. Looking forward to the beta!

  18. #858

    Default

    Awesome look ! Really looking forward to it

    Quote Originally Posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    I agree. . Now i know why he wants to create a font for the multi kill message to be shown at the walls.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-announcements
    Will this be on the map ? would be amazing !!

  19. #859
    God King
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    French Canadian, Montreal
    Posts
    4,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayForGG View Post
    After lots of work and tests on the layout i've finally come up with a map that feels balanced and fun....
    It look awesome !!!

    Layout seem very diverse as long as BSP geometry, materials are fresh, clean & detailed

    Looking forward the beta release

  20. #860

    Default

    @BomBerWill : The announcements on walls will not be on the beta, but they will 100% be in the final. I currently have something working on a separate map file, it's just looking crap and needs refining. I didn't spent much time on it yet but it's the next "big" thing on my to-do list for DM-Maliwan.
    Last edited by PlayForGG; 01-17-2014 at 10:37 AM.

  21. #861

    Default

    Here is a WIP I am working on a VCTF called UltraDark. I plan on Beta release soon.

    It has working vehicle prohector headlights with emitters and dynamic lighting.
    There are floor tiles that light up when you walk on them (like Michael Jackson Billie Jean video).
    There is a effect like on standstorm. But instead of a sandstorm it is a sphere of darkness that grows. The darkness sphere is activated by a "pickup" that whoever grabs the pickup is not effected by the darkness.
    Lots mre goodies and fun stuff to explore.













    -tarnationsauce2-
    UT99 - UT3 - Player - Mapper

  22. #862
    The Sacrifice
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    P-Town, Oregon
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Nice Tarnation! looking foreboding!!!
    Heres some wip shots from my Vctf I am slowly working on
    shot3mt.jpg
    shot1ki.jpg
    shot8w.jpg
    shot13i.jpg

  23. #863

    Default

    Not enough vctf maps to play, the more the better
    and both maps looks very good from the screenshots.
    Keep on it.

    I've seen UltraDark has just been released, need to test it soon, the concept looks really intersting.

  24. #864
    The Sacrifice
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Na Pali
    Posts
    143
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Anubis202

    Default

    Interesting stuff guys! Looking forward to it!
    There is nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past so look ahead or risk being left behind. ~Claudia Black, Stargate SG1
    In love with the Unreal franchise since 1998 and gonna love it forever!

    Steam~GeForce~YouTube

  25. #865
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Starbase 41N, Stardate 21530.8
    Posts
    288
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: WedgeBob

    Default

    Paying homage to the 20th Anniversary of Doom 2, 15th Anniversary to Quake 3 Arena, and 10th Anniversary of Doom 3 all in one map (I know...not easy).
    Here's some screenshots of Unreal Editor progress with all the BSP, static meshes, and interp actors in place:




    Quote Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Brain.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

  26. #866

    Default

    A small side project i'm currently working on, it's quite schizophrenic to build as i aim to get a result as close to the feel of the original as i can, but can't let the map with its original flaws.

    The base architecture is done, as is the pickup layout.
    I'm working on the materials at the moment.


  27. #867
    God King
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    French Canadian, Montreal
    Posts
    4,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayForGG View Post
    A small side project i'm currently working on, it's quite schizophrenic to build as i aim to get a result as close to the feel of the original as i can, but can't let the map with its original flaws.

    The base architecture is done, as is the pickup layout.
    I'm working on the materials at the moment.

    Really nice

  28. #868
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    0ld Sk00L,CA
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayForGG View Post
    A small side project i'm currently working on, it's quite schizophrenic to build as i aim to get a result as close to the feel of the original as i can, but can't let the map with its original flaws.

    The base architecture is done, as is the pickup layout.
    I'm working on the materials at the moment.

    Looks like classic Viridian Tourney! Good to see this as I wasn't a fan of the one remake that was done. Always wanted to remake it myself but didn't have the time. Will be seriously waiting for this one!

  29. #869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    Looks like classic Viridian Tourney! Good to see this as I wasn't a fan of the one remake that was done. Always wanted to remake it myself but didn't have the time. Will be seriously waiting for this one!
    It is

    I tried to contact the author of the UT3 port to get autorisations to modify it but didn't had any reply so far so i just decided to go with a fresh start.
    I have a shell with the old textures and basic lightning done on which i'm playing/testing some times.

    There are just some small changes from the UT99 map to accomodate UT3 :
    - A small room added between Minigun and Shock to move the Mini there.
    - Chest armor instead of old thight pads and belt instead of old Chest armor. I may swap both or just go with the old Chest/Pads locations with or without a belt added somewhere.
    - And the Mini corridor is slightly modified to better fit the Health packs.

    I'm trying moving around some weapons to balance things a bit (mainly Snipe/Rox/Bio (which is in place of old ripper) to prevent Shock/Snipe/Rox easy lock)

    The map will stay dead simple in its flow. Would be something like entry-level non competitive Duel/Small DM.
    I may keep the annoying door frames to get some cover like the old-school maps.

    It will be Low-poly obviously, but i'll try to get a more complex bsp architecture than the original one, mainly by adapting volumes for the materials.
    I'll make the Revamped Liandri textures available depending on the size of the pack.


    Bottom right looks better with proper lighting.
    Last edited by PlayForGG; 04-04-2014 at 01:06 PM.

  30. #870
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    0ld Sk00L,CA
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayForGG View Post
    It is

    I tried to contact the author of the UT3 port to get autorisations to modify it but didn't had any reply so far so i just decided to go with a fresh start.
    I have a shell with the old textures and basic lightning done on which i'm playing/testing some times.

    There are just some small changes from the UT99 map to accomodate UT3 :
    - A small room added between Minigun and Shock to move the Mini there.
    - Chest armor instead of old thight pads and belt instead of old Chest armor. I may swap both or just go with the old Chest/Pads locations with or without a belt added somewhere.
    - And the Mini corridor is slightly modified to better fit the Health packs.

    I'm trying moving around some weapons to balance things a bit (mainly Snipe/Rox/Bio (which is in place of old ripper) to prevent Shock/Snipe/Rox easy lock)

    The map will stay dead simple in its flow. Would be something like entry-level non competitive Duel/Small DM.
    I may keep the annoying door frames to get some cover like the old-school maps.

    It will be Low-poly obviously, but i'll try to get a more complex bsp architecture than the original one, mainly by adapting volumes for the materials.
    I'll make the Revamped Liandri textures available depending on the size of the pack.


    Bottom right looks better with proper lighting.
    Very sweet! Great job updating the textures! I had to reinstall and just have the barebones UT installed without the bonus pack that Viridian was in. I can't remember what music was in it. Let me know if you need the music for it (whatever it is).

  31. #871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    Very sweet! Great job updating the textures! I had to reinstall and just have the barebones UT installed without the bonus pack that Viridian was in. I can't remember what music was in it. Let me know if you need the music for it (whatever it is).
    From memory, it's the one from Morpheus, i.e. Botmca9.umx. Not 100% sure though.
    I have the mp3s somewhere, i just need to find them.
    I'll let you know if i need some help with the map, thanks for the support.
    Last edited by PlayForGG; 04-08-2014 at 05:58 AM.

  32. #872
    God King
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,750

    Default

    For the textures, I strictly suggest to add a grungelayer as for the originals yet (check out that one that was used on the floor tiles in the LT_Floors(?) package), currently, they might look a tad bit too clean, but other than that, superb job!
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

    S l y .

  33. #873

    Default

    The above materials have absolutely no work in the editor. They are just the base textures i made attached to Diffuse/specular/normal. No fancy node.

    By grunge layer i suppose a sort of dirt mask to add depth/variation to the materials.
    Something like that ? Left is standard, right is a basic custom material via the editor.

    Last edited by PlayForGG; 04-08-2014 at 01:31 PM.

  34. #874
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Starbase 41N, Stardate 21530.8
    Posts
    288
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: WedgeBob

    Default

    Well, I usually use two different normal maps with an add (one normal for height map, and one for pattern texture). I'm wondering if that would help with making it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Brain.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.


 
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright ©2009-2011 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search vBulletin skin by CompletevB.com.