Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Quote Originally Posted by DicRoNero View Post
    DM-Zeemschloss. Mostly BSP-based old-school map, resembling DM-Sentinel and good old DM-Codex.

What's your opinion on textures/colour selection?
    The texturing and color choices are great. The map looks kinda professionally done...I mean it as a something that I would play so far. The lighting looks great. Feels old school DM vibe. Keep it up!

I'm new and learning in the UDK. This is the result of one week learning, I moved on to Unreal 4 but I kept using UDK frequently. Anyway here are the screenshots of my map in-progress.

This is mostly 'Search and Destroy' map. (bomb mission or eliminate whole team) I also considering to make it FFA DM as well.

Few more pictures in this album since I can't post them all.

Suggestions, Opinions, Criticisms, etc please. Thanks!

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: slik sh00ter

Quote Originally Posted by washtimes View Post
    I'm new and learning in the UDK. This is the result of one week learning, I moved on to Unreal 4 but I kept using UDK frequently. Anyway here are the screenshots of my map in-progress.

This is mostly 'Search and Destroy' map. (bomb mission or eliminate whole team) I also considering to make it FFA DM as well.

Few more pictures in this album since I can't post them all.

Suggestions, Opinions, Criticisms, etc please. Thanks!
    Looks great, but try to add more StaticMeshes to make the map more interesting. However, this is the "work in progress" thread after all! Excellent idea; however I think it would be difficult to make a UT3 Search and Destroy map unless you're planning on making the gametype yourself. Great work so far. Keep it up.
    "I'm sorry, did I blow your head apart?" - Best taunt from Unreal Tournament 1999

Check out my Online Warfare Matches: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feat...LLPikiHReT1w0p

New match every week!

[BETA] WAR - Midnight Breeze - Check it out below!

NEW UPDATE RELEASED: June 2014!

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post31850111

Quote Originally Posted by washtimes View Post
    The texturing and color choices are great. The map looks kinda professionally done...I mean it as a something that I would play so far. The lighting looks great. Feels old school DM vibe. Keep it up!
    Thanks, mate. It actually plays much better than it looks at the moment, but that's kind of intended. I think I'll release a public beta in some 2 weeks, gotta finish some RL stuff first.

As for your map, tip #1 is avoid long flat surfaces as much as possible, break them apart by any means. Add/susbtract some extra cubes in between even for no apparent reason. To be more specific, that's a sample from my old map, I was a newbie back then, too: http://i.imgur.com/GdKocYN.jpg It's DM-Innuendo][ for UT2004. The street is pretty much linear, but I made it more vivid by introducing some stuff, such as a crate pile, then a gate, and finally a small extra house.
    There are surely much better examples, it's just that showing something on your own experience is usually more intelligible.

Skaarj

Making port from CSS.
    DM-LEGO
    shots:

The Sacrifice

The kind of shape I always wanted in a game:

Quote Originally Posted by SkullHead View Post
    Making port from CSS.
    DM-LEGO
    Your lego map could look much better with more colored lights (I used the same texture as you in one of my jailbreak map)

The Sacrifice

All this blue theme with cables/tubes everywhere reminds of this

The Sacrifice

warfare map I am working on, W.I.P. shots

Bah_Mee R.I.P. Mr. Spock

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Bah_Mee View Post
    warfare map I am working on, W.I.P. shots
    Nice but why yours montains looks darker than your terrain ?
    (for an invasion theme isn't it better to darker the terrain instead)

The Sacrifice

Oh, they are more like rock formations jutting out of the earth, its hard to see but I will post more images. I am going for the necris chemicals are causing the spiky rocks to come out of the ground kind of idea. More to come!

The Sacrifice

Heres an in editor shot of some of the rock formations coming out of the earth

Nice looking map Bah_mee, are people still playing UT3 and interested in new maps? the reason I ask is that I am getting back into mapping after many years. Looking here and not seeing much activity I decided to learn UE4 and try mapping for the upcoming UT4. I'm finding it hard to get my head around additive rather than subtractive mapping.

P.S. can you rotate some of those peaks a bit to stop the repetition? just saying.

cheers

Browndog
    Last edited by Browndog; 03-02-2015 at 02:30 AM.

The Sacrifice

thank you Browndog. There are people who play, I am making a warfare map since there seems to be a weekend warfare surge on epic warfare number 3. I love the ut3 editor although the UDK and U4 editors have more content and ways to do things. They are still pretty similar so what you know carries over. Yeah I think it would be wise to swap some meshes, I will keep posting images as I get on with this. Input is excellent thank you!

Bah_Mee

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Anubis202

Necris inspired warfare map? Sounds good! I love vehicular madness in UT. Despite that, the current version of your map looks interesting and I'm looking forward to your next progress. Since this is gonna be a Necris map, you could add a lot of nanoblack to this map, so that the whole map looks very poisoned and kinda destroyed and don't make the map too dark. Anyway, keep it up!
    There is nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past so look ahead or risk being left behind. ~Claudia Black, Stargate SG1
    Unreal gamer till eternity and beyond!

Steam~GeForce~YouTube~Mapping by Feuersturm

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223