Default Leaderboard Glitch! ~Please assist

I posted this on xbox forums and people told me to post it here to maybe find answers on what I should do, or who I should talk to. With that said:

Good evening. I have an issue, and wish to get some insight on what to do, or how to help get the problem fixed.

Saturday night, I played Gears Of War 2. While playing on Horde, something happened, which I will not mention so that no one else exploits this, but after dying, I ended up as #1 on the Horde Leaderboards for the Day One map. At that time, I didn't notice it, and as it was 4 am, I simply logged off and turned off my Xbox.

Yesterday, I logged on for a quick Horde match and notice that I had 17 new messages; all containing either "hate mail" of how I'm a noob and I suck for cheating, OR friend requests along with text asking "how did you do that?" I had no idea what these messages were about until I finally read one of the first messages that was sent to me, mentioning leaderboards. I checked my standings and questioned it myself. Though I don't know EXACTLY how this happened, I have an idea, and do not wish to either attempt to recreate the results.

Before I continue, I would like to say this:

This was in NO way an intentional result. Apparently there was a glitch, a pretty cool glitch, but a glitch that I did NOT know about NOR intentionally cause. Please do not ask me how to do this as I am not trying to exploit the game for personal gain, and will NOT help ANYONE else do the same.

As stated above, I have an idea what happened, but I don't want to attempt to recreate the glitch unless asked by Epic (if they need proof, etc). I don't like to exploit games.

Maybe it was just a fluke or freak accident, but the results are starting to deter people from playing with me. Please advise. Thank you, and happy gaming.

Super Moderator

PM the repro steps so I can get our QA group to look into it.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZP Xai Xo

Hmm, something akin to this happened to me and a few friends, however in our case we ended up with negative points (a ridiculous amount, too). Not sure why, or how it happened. I didn't check the leaderboards afterwards though.

Good luck sorting it.
    www.ZombiePimps.net - The home of the UK-based Xbox LIVE clan!
    ZombiePimps YouTube - Featuring Gears of War 3, Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3!
    All Flaming weapons | All Chrome weapons | All Gold weapons | All IO weapons | All Liquid Metal weapons
    Anthony Carmine | Savage Theron

Quote Originally Posted by XaiXo View Post
    Hmm, something akin to this happened to me and a few friends, however in our case we ended up with negative points (a ridiculous amount, too). Not sure why, or how it happened. I didn't check the leaderboards afterwards though.

Good luck sorting it.
    That's what happened to me too! But when I logged in the next day, the minus sign was gone. Those "negative" points were now positive.

Also, I check the leaderboards again and found another person that achieved the same results; only 4 points off from my score and on a different map.

Me: 2,147,483,647 points on Horde/Day One
    Him: 2,147,483,643 points on Horde/Mansion

As XaiXo stated above, something weird happened to him too, and it happens to be how my score got the way it is.

....it starts.
    Last edited by The Strength; 12-15-2008 at 10:50 PM.