Default Saves gone 3 times in one week

Ok this is annoying, I decided to play gears as I have had it for windows for a good few months, I installed it downloaded all the updates for the game and live.

I played the game got most cogs and was almost finished chapter 3, when I tried to reload game data save didnt exist. Annoyed a frustrated I decided to try again and do the game and again near the same place when i reloaded no save game data.
    So i looked around on the web and could only find how to reload from the level you started at but you would not have any cogs and i wouldnt be able to unlock insane unless a redone all the levels again.

Well after a cooling off period I decided to try again. I started the game from scratch on hardcore and within two day I managed to actually finish it and star insane. I completed the first act waited for the checkpoint to popup and save and I closed the game down. I came back few hours later to continue my progress and to my disbalief again save data was not present.

Iam highly annoyed as I have attempted to do the game several times and alot of hours on the game and I do not wish to do hardcore or normal mode to unlock insane.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get my saves back or unlock insane mode without doing the entire game again ?

I have noticed in this folder===> C:\Users\David\Documents\My Games\Gears of War for Windows\WarGame\Logs

in this folder their is a few files named launch and launch-backup-(date) and one of those is about 4mb whic has a date and time of when i saved my game last.

Can this be recovered to bring back my game progress ?

any help would be appreciated.

Iron Guard

I doubt logs will help.

I've tried to backup files locally to prevent lost saves but its futile.

I WAS able to restore my progress only ONE time by backing up and restoring the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\XLive\Content

But all subsequent attempts to restore this way failed so I gave up.

It has more to do with G4WL. When G4WL is down or is undergoing changes (like recently) the chances are very high that you will lose your progress.

Thats all I know... This problem should have been fixed ages ago.

yes this is highly annoying and it should be fixed, However i would be happy if there was a way for me to unlock insane without having to complete the game again.

They like to take our money for the game but dont seem to do much to actually make the game work the way it should.

Hello Dave,

I also lost my savegames today. I was only in the first chapter. I quit the game, and fater restarting it after about an hour, all my progress was gone.

I just saw the thread "Fixed Gameplay Issues in Title Update Version 1.2", here:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=606288

There, tanya wrote about the issue, that someone could lose his progress, but by installed the 1.2 patch, this problem should be gone.

Did you try this? I did not, because I just can't find where to download the patch 1.2. Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot

Iron Guard

There, tanya wrote about the issue, that someone could lose his progress, but by installed the 1.2 patch, this problem should be gone.
    Thats old news and it did not fix the problem.

Did you try this? I did not, because I just can't find where to download the patch 1.2. Do you have any idea?
    If you installed the game and you connected to Live (you have to anyway) then you should already have it because it would start updating as soon as you connected.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: max256

I wrote a few times before on this. The only time my save games weren't deleted after restart is when I played OFFLINE. That means, no internet connection. Firewalling doesn't help.

yea all updates have been applied.

I think epic and microsoft should pull the finger they have up there **** and do something.

I think as a minimum they should allow insane to be unlocked at all times and every level & chapter to be selected at any time.

My Game has not been updated. I think because I just use a Windows Live OFFLINE Account - GoW told me that I can play and save my progress even with such a OFFLINE account.

I'll try to stay offline the next times I play the game, perhaps that is really a workaround.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: max256

I've updated gears with the last v1.2 patch downloaded from gamershell, updated last xlive redist and offline playing works for me. I've been playing gears for 10 months now with offline account and not sighning onto live. And save games were always there. Tried playing a few times while online and save games were deleted after restart.