View Poll Results: would you pay for GOW1 additions?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will glady PAY MONEY for additional content for GOW1

44 39.29%
  • Forget it. GOW1 is gone. Gears 2 rules with it's golden saw.

36 32.14%
  • I've already payed enough.

32 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default This will make everyone happy!

EPIC, PLEASE LISTEN!!!
    I will glady PAY MONEY for extra content for GOW1.
    A couple new maps and game types is all I need. Maybe an update to add crawling. That's It! Do not touch the physics. That way all the GOW2 guys can hold hands around a campfire praising the new game and us die-hard GOW1 guys can invent new ways of blowing each others heads off. Who's with me?!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jschmidt85

lol. not gonna happen

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LogicX7

Unless 3 million people are willing to pay 60 dollars for that extra content, don't expect it any time soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LogicX7 View Post
    Unless 3 million people are willing to pay 60 dollars for that extra content, don't expect it any time soon.
    I'd say 5 million.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by GoW2 > GoW1 View Post
    They won't. THEY hated how it was played in MP. So, basicaly, go suck a dick. GoW 2 > Shotguns for Whores.
    Gow1>cliffy's excuse 2 cater to newbs/chainsaws for whores

I'm all for that!! Screw Gears two MP

Banned

They won't. THEY hated how it was played in MP. So, basicaly, go suck a dick. GoW 2 > Shotguns for Whores.
    I'll beat you with nothing more than a pistol in GOW1 in a 10 round match over your shotgun. People used the shotgun because it was the most fun, not because it was always the most effective. The lancer was probably the most effective weapon to a team that was well organized. Play a MLG tournament match against a good team and you'll then know what you're talking about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LogicX7 View Post
    if 1 million pay $5 for 2 new maps, that would be plenty more than the cost of development and Cliffy could get another Ferrari.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DEFastator View Post
    Play a MLG tournament match against a good team and you'll then know what you're talking about.
    Ahh yes, resorting to "Play MLG". MLG is for ***gots, dumbasses, and noobs.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Insane melon

You are seriously an absolutely moron. You make a new account just to flame people who don't like gears 2, but what you don't seem to realise is that the majority of the people on these forums are unhappy with gears 2. I'm not saying they prefer gears 1. I'm saying they think there needs to be a patch to fix the lag and chainsawing.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Insane melon View Post
    You make a new account just to flame people who don't like gears 2, but what you don't seem to realise is that the majority of the people on these forums are unhappy with gears 2.
    He's probably Cliffy's alt.
    The Truth
    Skorge Tutorial

~M~A~U~L~G~R~Y~V~E~

MSgt. Shooter Person

Unfortunately there wont be any new maps since Gears of War was made with older model of Unreal Editor.
    I would gladly pay if it was possible.

Please avoid those kind of posters who make accounts just to be immature.
    Use Report post feature and eventually they are banned again.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XI Apathy IX

I wouldn't spend a cent more for anything on GoW1. I wont spend anymore on GoW2 either.
    I would have voted for the second option, but it gets stupid at the end, so I didn't vote.
    ||Antec 900||GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3P||i5-2500K 4.1GHZ(OC'd)||G.Skill 12800 (16GB)||MSI 460 GTX Cyclone||Onboard Sound||Win 7 Ult. 64 bit||
    Yes, I still love PC gaming!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: a m0rningstar

EPIC, PLEASE LISTEN!!!
    A couple new maps and game types is all I need. Maybe an update to add crawling. That's It! Do not touch the physics. That way all the GOW2 guys can hold hands around a campfire praising the new game and us die-hard GOW1 guys can invent new ways of blowing each others heads off. Who's with me?!
    lol 'die-hard'. OK
    Gushy, squishy, Gnasher gibbing fun

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LogicX7

if 1 million pay $5 for 2 new maps, that would be plenty more than the cost of development and Cliffy could get another Ferrari.
    Yes, and far less than what they're making off Gears 2, regardless of whether or not you like it. They'll keep working on what makes the most money, not what they can make some money off of.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Please avoid those kind of posters who make accounts just to be immature.
    Use Report post feature and eventually they are banned again.
    I get a strange kind of enjoyment out of making him look like an idiot. More fun than GOW2, ya know. <---I said that just to get his goose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    I wouldn't spend a cent more for anything on GoW1. I wont spend anymore on GoW2 either.
    I would have voted for the second option, but it gets stupid at the end, so I didn't vote.
    I'm simply reffering to the games glorified poster weapon. I wasn't trying to insult the people who like GOW2.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: a m0rningstar

You kids don't really understand, but its okay I won't hold it against you.

When Gears of War first came out there were plenty of problems with the chainsaw, the frag tagging, host advantage, lag etc etc etc. It was so bad that many people complained, much like what is happening now. Clearly, none of you were around to see that version of GOW. You probably played the GOW that had about 4 patches applied to it.
    Gushy, squishy, Gnasher gibbing fun

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalnow View Post

When Gears of War first came out there were plenty of problems with the chainsaw, the frag tagging, host advantage, lag etc etc etc. It was so bad that many people complained, much like what is happening now. Clearly, none of you were around to see that version of GOW. You probably played the GOW that had about 4 patches applied to it.
    The problem is this - They knew about the problems in GOW1. They patched them. Now we are seeing the same problems in GOW2 plus a multitude more of them.
    The Truth
    Skorge Tutorial

~M~A~U~L~G~R~Y~V~E~

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was there on Emergene Day..
    It's just the style of consumer these days, they want it all now.
    It's also the style of world today.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'll beat you with nothing more than a pistol in GOW1 in a 10 round match over your shotgun. People used the shotgun because it was the most fun, not because it was always the most effective. The lancer was probably the most effective weapon to a team that was well organized. Play a MLG tournament match against a good team and you'll then know what you're talking about.
    thats true... if u tried 2 shotty someone in clan match by your self in gow1 ur retarted. lancers were actually used in clan matches more than shotty's. the area were shotty's dominated were public matches were must hav gotten extremely pwnd Gow1>Gow2.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I'm simply reffering to the games glorified poster weapon. I wasn't trying to insult the people who like GOW2.
    I will glady PAY MONEY for additional content for GOW1
    That should be "I will glady PAY MONEY for additional content for GOW1, with the shotgun of doom!"
    ||Antec 900||GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3P||i5-2500K 4.1GHZ(OC'd)||G.Skill 12800 (16GB)||MSI 460 GTX Cyclone||Onboard Sound||Win 7 Ult. 64 bit||

Banned

People who want to pay money for content on GoW 1, make a second account, Donate $10 to Epic, and then DL the maps.

Banned

People who want to pay money for content on GoW 1, make a second account, Donate $10 to Epic, and then DL the maps.
    GOW1 > Smoke/chainsaw of whores.

I completely agree with the original poster and I've always wanted additional DLC for Gears 1.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KillEv3ryOn3

I agree x 100,000,000

MSgt. Shooter Person

wow the person's comment u just quoted completely contradicts your own quote.

Banned

I bought it the day it came out. I remember all of the patches. None were as dramatic as the problems with GOW2. Except the grenade tag distance. That's besides the point though, they actually screwed things up that were once fine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    I will glady PAY MONEY for additional content for GOW1
    That should be "I will glady PAY MONEY for additional content for GOW1, with the shotgun of doom!"
    The "shotgun of doom" only worked at nearly face to face distance.GOW2 has the shotgun of Toys 'r' us, unless you aim down the sites and fire it across the map like a rifle. In GOW1 it's a sawed off, pistol grip shotgun. In GOW2 it's a sawed off, pistol grip, single shot assault rifle. They should let you zoom with it.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SACRED SK1LLZ

Epic, make a god damn statement already, stop making us wait to find out whether we are gonna keep the game

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I BLACK JACK I

yeah because i love host advantage and chainsaw vacuum.
    Matchmaking and pre-chosen playlists are ruining online gaming!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oblivion1990

Quote Originally Posted by gow2 > gow1 View Post
    ahh yes, resorting to "play mlg". Mlg is for ***gots, dumbasses, and noobs.
    epic win!!!!!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tails 8566

EPIC, PLEASE LISTEN!!!
    This is a dumbass idea, i stfu and play Gears 2

Epic will take a few steps backwars for a washed out game

Not trying to be mean, but come on these threads have gotten rediculous

Also in a month or 2 when everything gets patched, someone should keep a list of all the people who hated GOW 2, who then suddenly love it (that way we can rub it in their faces)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o T00N o

/signed for new gow1 content

Most of the gow2 defenders simply highlight the fact that they are casual gamers (hence the aversion to mlg references). If not for the hardcore gamers of gow1, gow2 would probably not have been created (the casual gamers simply move on quickly to the next game). They continue to not understand that the shotgun was no better than any other weapon except for the boltok (and other weapons in limited situations). Due to their casual approach they are inherently bad at the competitive aspects (ie, MP) but just don't understand what exactly was making them bad. Like most of the observant gow1 community keeps reiterating, the shotgun was the most used weapon simply because it was the most enjoyable weapon to use (that, and not everyone could gain access to a power weapon during a round).

If one weapon is used more than others because it was more fun, why not increase the enjoyment of using the other weapons instead of reducing the enjoyment of the overused weapon? Raise the average utility of the weapons, don't lower it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I hate how you kids these days toss around "hardcore" and "casual." Back in my day, we had only casual. That was the people who played Goldeneye with our friends, proximity mines only, 1 hit kill on the maze map. We played games FOR FUN. Believe it or not, we'd play videogames for fun! I know right? A weird principle, considering everyone these days are just out for their K/D ratios, making death threats "DUDE I KAN PWN U WIT MAH SNUB WUTS UR GT LETS 1v1." Seriously. Little immature brats "LOL I KAN USE SHOTGUN I R HARDCOAR"
    I rolled around with my shotgun as much as the next guy, but playing Gears 1 and getting a couple kills a game with a shotgun doesn't make you more hardcore than the next guy.

Epic won't make new content for Gears 1 because they despised Gears 1 multiplayer. Say how much more skill it took or whatever argument you guys will throw out, its not the game they invisioned. They wanted lancer battles. They want people to stay behind cover.
    Whatever, hate me, but I'm just as hardcore as you because I played Gears 1 multiplayer as much as all of you, yet I enjoy Gears 2 more. I don't get killed by the chainsaw. I can shotgun chainsawers.

Support the Pendulum Wars DLC! Click Here!

You called down the thunder?

Palace Guard

Unfortunately there wont be any new maps since Gears of War was made with older model of Unreal Editor.

Well that is where you are wrong, at the time gears1 pc was launched. someone at epic informed us that MS/Epic could pick the best user generated maps, and
    might sell them over live where the creator got some money.

that was a great idea, and should be picked up again.
    I dont have clue whut i just said, so try too pardon me.
    had an blast with shotgun wretches on horde.
    breach.. ftw

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TaoTang View Post
    Also in a month or 2 when everything gets patched, someone should keep a list of all the people who hated GOW 2, who then suddenly love it (that way we can rub it in their faces)
    Yeah, keep a list that way you can thank us for showing epic that their original design was retarded just like we all did for GOW1. Patches get made because the serious players find imbalance within the game not because the people that are complacent with the garbage mechanics wanted them.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah, keep a list that way you can thank us for showing epic that their original design was retarded just like we all did for GOW1. Patches get made because the serious players find imbalance within the game not because the people that are complacent with the garbage mechanics wanted them.
    agreed//////////

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Specter33 View Post
    I hate how you kids these days toss around "hardcore" and "casual." Back in my day, we had only casual. That was the people who played Goldeneye with our friends, proximity mines only, 1 hit kill on the maze map. We played games FOR FUN. Believe it or not, we'd play videogames for fun! I know right? A weird principle, considering everyone these days are just out for their K/D ratios, making death threats "DUDE I KAN PWN U WIT MAH SNUB WUTS UR GT LETS 1v1." Seriously. Little immature brats "LOL I KAN USE SHOTGUN I R HARDCOAR"
    I rolled around with my shotgun as much as the next guy, but playing Gears 1 and getting a couple kills a game with a shotgun doesn't make you more hardcore than the next guy.

Epic won't make new content for Gears 1 because they despised Gears 1 multiplayer. Say how much more skill it took or whatever argument you guys will throw out, its not the game they invisioned. They wanted lancer battles. They want people to stay behind cover.
    Whatever, hate me, but I'm just as hardcore as you because I played Gears 1 multiplayer as much as all of you, yet I enjoy Gears 2 more. I don't get killed by the chainsaw. I can shotgun chainsawers.
    I agree with some of what you say. You played Goldeneye because it was fun. It didn't matter what the game options were. The problem is that GOW2 is not as fun as GOW1 for alot of the people that made up the longterm community. Just as you probably think that Perfect Dark for N64 (the true sequel to goldeneye), although fun, was not as fun as Goldeneye. Then it downward spiralled into what we now know as the garbage version of Perfect Dark for the 360, which is little to no fun at all. If you are truly from the old school like I am, then you'd know about the same mediocrity that eventually plagued these franchises as well: ToeJam & Earl, Final Fantasy, Super Mario Kart, Stryder, Killer Instinct, Tekken, Mortal Kombat. The list goes on and on. Developers trade solid mechanics in favor of hype and gimmicks. I'm simply trying to do my part to keep the same from happening to this game. Epic needs to get some tips from developers like capcom (street fighter, resident evil), Sega Am2 (Virtua Fighter), Etc. Truely long lasting franchises keep the core mechanics that made the game fun and polish them and only add stuff if it doesn't interupt depth and fun factor.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Patches get made to fix bugs, not to shut foul mouthed children up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast