Banned

Default petition for new matchmaking system

hey guys, to those of you who want another matchmaking system (or even go back to the old one) please sign this petition.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Soldier Anubis

I say no...

I hated the old system!

The new one is fine, it just needs a little fixing.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Roadkill1992

Quote Originally Posted by High Lord Anubis View Post
    I say no...

I hated the old system!

By "Fixing" you mean by adding a Local search preference? If not, then I'd take the old one anyday.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Animal Chubs

i have some ideas. like change public mach making into 'ranked match' and change private into 'public match'. Then leave the ranked mach the way it is, then change the public match to some thing like gears one where you could host or join peoples games through a lobby.
    i dont really like the current setup it makes the game feel really constricted, your not able to pick weapons, you only really have two options to gears of war 2 mutiplayer and that is play ranked or play private matchs with friends. Adding to that ranked matches make me feel like i always have to try my best
    on and if its hard to tell im voteing yes

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Malibu Twist

I think it's fine either way, they worked hard and did a great job... But just to start some names out there for some guys who do really want it to change, put my vote down as a yes.

sorry dude but for one thing there not goin to change the matchmaking system for a gd while they'll be working on all the glitch's and faults in the gameplay yeah everyone would love it all sorted out in one day but hey look how many ppl complained about gow1 about gettin stuck etc on that?

to be honest i think uve ask for to much for such a little thing all gd things cum to those who wait

Cool

sorry dude but for one thing there not goin to change the matchmaking system for a gd while they'll be working on all the glitch's and faults in the gameplay yeah everyone would love it all sorted out in one day but hey look how many ppl complained about gow1 about gettin stuck etc on that?

to be honest i think uve ask for to much for such a little thing all gd things cum to those who wait

Banned

the new match making system is fine if you have a full party but when ur just trying to find games by yourself it sucks

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IIDAM4GEII

Yes i agree the old was better at least you knew what room you are going in lol . The way its done now is that you have no control, over winning so your stats will not be consistent, now that's really bad so who likes the new 1 lol if you do then you are mad ..

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spish0

Signed. Old system please.

I hate the new match making. Couldn't they just copy some other developers system that seems to work quite well.(read COD4 COD:W@W)

I'm finding it so difficult to even get into a match that yes, I would gladly take the instant action of the old system with all it's supposed flaws against this new match making process any day.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hixxy22

Old system please!! Or at least SPEED up the match making!!

Quote Originally Posted by ob1 View Post
    (go back to the old one)
    yep, please go back to the old system. this new one really isn't working for me, and i'm sure lots of others. before you could just set your custom match settings, find a list of matches and join one all in a matter of seconds. now this new system makes us wait for teammates, there are no custom settings and finding a match and playing may take 5-10 min, usually. then after every match we have to go back to the lobby and start all over again. i don't mean to sound like a pain but just hear me out.
    - petition signed.

I've already quite playing gears 2 multiplayer. please fix the match making. I do not join parties, and shouldn't be penalized because I don't. I want to be able to chose my match type and rounds, y change that???? y no option to back out of a game? people will just exit to dashboard anyways. dock people experience if they quit. hope theres a patch soon, or that was a real waste of 60 bucks

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H0M1C1D3 S13

whoever thinks its fine is a few sticks short of a bundle if you know what i mean...

matchmaking needs a complete overhaul. im tired of playing with people from france. im from jersey...i dont speak french!

god they NEED to fix matchmaking, before gears 2 becomes private matches and co op campaign ONLY. it will be just like gears 1 where nobody played ranked because of all the bullsh!t
    "Death is what is in yo' house b!tch, you hear dat sh!t!? You crummy ass b!tches is goin' down, like way down, dead down, soon you b!tches aint gonna know which was is up! Your asses gonna be cryin' to your skank ass queen! Oh mommy dont let the bad men hurt us, f!ck you, we gonna whip your moddest ass! Wooooo!"

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: VV4DE

I'd pick GW1 online over GW2 online any day!

- Wade C.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hellscafe

Agreed, it is all private and co-op now for me and my buddies. We all really miss the player matches and custom map cycles and all that jazz from GOW 1.
    Yep, I'm the same Hellscafe that was wearing the pig mask and asked for Adam and Morgan's gamertag on X-play back when Gears 1 came out. They never gave them to me, but they aired my video and filled my friends list on XBL the next day with fellow Gears players. Still been playing with some of them ever since.

I am in for a new matchmaking system or it may go down to better/quicker servers that don't lag. If you want a reference point, play COD: World At War.

I am tired of waiting 15 minutes or more to join one game. All modes have the same issue.

Banned

Signed. Old system or speed up the new and add a lot more options

Banned

signed bring back the old one

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NYFO FAM

OLD SYSTEM! Let guests play in multiplayer-Public via some type of "unranked" system. Having to buy a seperate X-box live membership for every family member sux. NOT GONNA DO IT!

OLD SYSTEM OLD SYSTEM OLD SYSTEM OLD SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man i was so dissapointed when I got this game and went online I hate, I want to get into a game that I like when I want it by my choosing, not these combo game crap and matchmaking crap. If i want to play annex, I don't want to play submission along with it. Oh and while i'm at it screw the chainsaw

Banned

match making is fine ppl just need to quit ccanceling after the first 5 seconds

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: racmop

i like the new match making its slow but they will fix that soon i hope but i don't like voting on the game type that got old fast

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SLIDER jr2

Bring the old one back.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: chongo jim

I would love for them to put it back to the gears 1 matches but dont think they will because of how much time they put into this one but if they stuck a local only option in(meaning searching for games in country only) this may fix this, but I have friends that are going back to gears 1 because of matchmaking so hopefully they will do something soon or they will not have as many people playing gears 2.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kantham

Quote Originally Posted by High Lord Anubis View Post
    I say no...

I hated the old system!

You mean the old one was fine and the new one needs to leave the deck, period.

The first one was well thought out, people could jump in at any moment in-game in the map they wanted. Solution? Just keep the random host thing for each session, add the old MP game search system, and you're set. **** matchmaking it's so 95'.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ry8an25oliver93

This new system is ok, but I would much prefer the old system

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blest HR

you's guess don't no what your talking about so just shout it. the old system was a lot better. if i wanted to play a cheap arse gay game like halo i would of bought that game. the old system was better u knew what the host connection was like before u joined so you didn't have to worry about lag in less you were stupid and picked a bad connection. as for host advance who cared if u didn't like the host why don't u go and host a ****ing room. instead of complaining. at least i did lose matchs because some scrub can rape me because of lag. it piss me off.

Banned

signed - signed - signed