View Poll Results: HOW MUCH DO U LIKE GEARS OF WAR 2.

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I WILL RENT IT.

8 16.33%
  • TRADE IN AFTER I BEAT IT.

16 32.65%
  • WAITING FOR GS TO HAVE IT USED.

3 6.12%
  • WILL WAIT IN LINE AGAIN.

13 26.53%
  • KILL FOR A NEW COPY. 'after mine breaks'

19 38.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NSC BuGz

Angry People complain too much. Real gears fan

People complain about the shotgun not being too strong? People complain that the lancer is too strong in gears1? People complaing in gow2 about the matchmaking? Is there anything people dont complain about? Not every game is perfect thats y theres tittle updates and its only been a week since gow2 was realeased. I dont nkow about you guys but i have nothing bad too say about gears2 i think its great.

So this thread is for real gears fans like me that have possitive comments on the game!!

A real fan keeps cheering even when there team is losing!!

So how do you guys like the multiplayer?

Banned

sorry but u sound like an idiot. u paid good money to get a game that's ready to play out of the box. developers should finish the game before they release it, and not rely on patches to finish off what they should have during the beta testing.

the game shouldn't have been released with these issues... i don't remember the first gears of war with this many complaints.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Colossal Donkey

only fans would give a rats ass about the current state of MP..... so your theory is flawed

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Question NO

U SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT U HAVENT PLAYED GEARS1 HAVE U.GEARS1 WAS RIDDLED WITH GLITCHES ASK EVERYBODY WHO REALLY HAS PLAYED GEARS1 HOW BAD IT WAS!!!

all these complaints for gears1.

CRAB WALK-GOW1-->507,264 COMPLAINTS

HOST ADVANTAGE-GOW1-->432,645 COMPLAINTS

WEAPON SLIDE GLITCH -GOW1-GOW2

CHAINSAW GLITCH-GOW1

BACKFLIP GLITCH-GOW1

INFINATE GRANADE GLITCH-GOW1

INFINATE SMOKE GLITCH-GOW1

INVISIBLE GLITCH -GOW1

LANCER TOO STRONG -GOW1

SHOTGUN ONE HIT KILL -GOW1

LAG -GOW1-GOW2

GRANADE TAG TOO EASY -GOW1

I CAN KEEP GOING. I HAVE 40K KILLS IN GOW1 I NKOW HOW PEOPLE COMPLAIN. NOW EVERYTHING WAS FIXED IN GOW2 AND PEOPLE STILL COMPLAIN.SO U MY FRIEND ARE AN IDIOT.

GEARS2 HAS NO GLITCHES SO FAR BESIDES THE LAG AND WEAPON SLIDE!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Colossal Donkey

caps lock fail

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CS Shadow Fang

This is what i believe about the game. First off the story is much better than the first. They idea of bots is amazing, same way with horde mod. The graphics are overhauled as well.

O key the bad news...The lancer's chainsaw is a bit overpowered. Matchmaking is a rip off of Halo 3 (which sucks) and they should have kept it exactly like the first one, that would be amazing. Also the ranking system, wtf, did anyone even hear about this before the game came out. It is also a rip off of Halo 3. I think Gears shouldn't have ranks so people can focus more on fun than on ranking up.
    I personal like the new shotgun, I think it was overused in the 1st one and the only problem with it is that you can't blind fire it anymore. The new sniper though I hate...very...much. I like the no active downs, but it feels like a different gun. The zoom is changed, it now has a crappy recoil on it, you get disoriented if you take damage with it zoomed, and does anyone else notice the no-scopes are harder to pull off. I almost cried when they killed off my poor sniper (weep, weep) and replaced it with its ugly cousin.
    I believe Epic didn't test the game properly, and/or rushed to complete it on time.

I love Epic and Gears and believe they will fix most of these problems in time, but i don't see the matchmaking getting better, the lag yes that will work itself out, but the matchmaking in general is a big disappointment compared to its predecessor's.
    Last edited by CS Shadow Fang; 11-14-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Soldier Anubis

You forgot the absence of the missing 'mute' function.

*sarcasm*
    yeah, it's fun to hear some greifer spew homophobic garbage though out the entire match!!

Banned

yes your talking about glitches which should have been fixed anyway, just goes to show how much epic really care about their fans.

and i don't really give a damn about how strong a weapon is, i think the weapons are fine, its the matchmaking that needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by ob1; 11-14-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

One more thing i forgot to mention. Why did they take out weapon swaps in public games. The idea of changing a key weapon in the game to something different changes how that match is played. It had soooo much creativity and replay ability to maps that its almost impossible to be bored with them. *sad Face*

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by High Lord Anubis View Post
    You forgot the absence of the missing 'mute' function.

*sarcasm*
    yeah, it's fun to hear some greifer spew homophobic garbage though out the entire match!!
    You only here the other team if you die and they die. I never here them...I never die. jk no but seriously i really never die.

Banned

Real gears fan would complain wtf u talking about?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

EDIT:

Sorry for the double post. :P

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CS Shadow Fang View Post
    You only here the other team if you die and they die. I never here them...I never die. jk no but seriously i really never die.
    I'm not talking about the other team.

I'm talking about my team, I want at lest to be able to shut up my team mates when they start talking s**t.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ob1 View Post
    yes your talking about glitches which should have been fixed anyway, just goes to show how much epic really care about their fans.

and i don't really give a damn about how strong a weapon is, i think the weapons are fine, its the matchmaking that needs to be addressed.
    we can agree on the matchmaking but hey i rather have a the matchmaking system then spending 3-4 hours looking for my friends game and when they test the game is a system link is not online so most of the glitches neeed a little bit of lag so they cant catch em!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IIDAM4GEII

o my god who is paying you to say this i dnt even know you and i hate you all ready gears 2 is totally a mess!! and im such a big gears fan you could never believe, if you like gears 2 then you hated gears 1 which doese not make you a gears fan lol you a joke!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DevilsTestament

OB1 your just complainig about the game because you probably realized something when you played the multiplayer on Gears 2. And that's the fact that you could not get 15 kills or more. Like you would have if you were playing with the BS shotty from Gears 1. Maybe now you can really play the game the way it was meant to be. Learn to adapt and stop complainig this game was awesome straight out of the box and last time i checked all games need updates when they come out to fix some bug's. Developer's finished the game right if they didn't then people would not buy their products. Hope to see you online sometime so i can show you how effective the shotgun really is.
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    EVGA X58 3X SLI 760
    Intel i7 950 @ 3.8GHz
    Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
    Intel 80GB SSD OS
    WD 300GB Velociraptor HDD
    G-Skill Trident 6GHz
    NVIDIA GTX 480 x2
    Corsair HX1000w
    Corsair Obsidian 800D Case

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Tempus

I actually enjoy the game alot more than the first one. There are some issues, but you get that when the people you work for want the game out asap. Quantity over quality seems to be the major philosophy of corporate america these days. However I still love the game and am very pleased to own it.
    Whoops

Palace Guard

Campaign was a bit to simple, as apposed to Gears1.

Multiplayer, well i dont to start anything but yes its different.. totally different..

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LionOfWar

1. This game is now a chainsaw noob fest.
    *holding down "B" and getting a kill with no consequences is unbalanced.
    (they removed the stun, if no one has noticed.)
    2. The sniper is a HORRIBLE weapon. Not because of lack of 1 hit down, but due to the fact that with cyclical spawning it is completely inferior to torque and is often ignored.
    (next time, watch how many choke at the sniper when it spawns, ill bet maybe three.)
    3. The locust get screwed with cycling spawns.
    A la, map "Subway". where on COG side you have torque and frags that spawn and on Locust you receive a Grinder"coughcrapcough" machine gun. and gas grenade.
    4. What happened to stun?
    *When someone swings with a melee and they miss and get shot they can continue swinging or shoot you. same goes for the noobsaw.
    5. Connection problems are far worse, this of course could be due to that fact that its new.(I have too many for instances to even start.)

I love GOW1 but GOW2 is a huge Multiplayer letdown. Some complaints i don't agree with. (such as the balance of smoke grenades) But most are dead on. I will now return to GOW2 in hopes that a patch will soon "fix" the problems, but until then i will kill every NOOBSAW user i see.

Did you people play Unreal Tournament?
    Well i played UT, UT2003, UT2004 and a little UT3, just a little, because it realy sux hard... they removed double dodge jump which killed it for me, took all the speed out of the game, the GFX are too heavy for my PC too and i dont like the level design at all, the Options menu is a joke compared to UT2k4, not even an external server browser like Gamespy... i could sit in front of my UT3 retail box and whine for hours!

What i want to say is, i know EPIC longer than GoW1+2 and EPIC allways screws arround with the ballance of the weapons...
    there is allways a weapon that is weaker or stronger then before.
    Honestly i dont care about things like that anymore, its a NEW game so you just will have to learn to live with it or go back to Gears 1.

Matchmaking realy needs to be fixed though.
    And some more preferences should be there too, why even want to shuffle the modes?
    Also i dont see why nobody joins a running game if somebody Quits early!?
    In Horde you sit there for 30+ minutes... almost every 2nd match somebody has to quit, but nobody joins to fill the hole for the next 20 waves.
    Last edited by Z3R0B4NG; 11-20-2008 at 10:32 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gory Soldier

the first gow is to glithchy don't coplain about the shotgun is useless it not meant to be used as a long range wepon as in the first one

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shazam119

Quote Originally Posted by NSC BuGz View Post
    U SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT U HAVENT PLAYED GEARS1 HAVE U.GEARS1 WAS RIDDLED WITH GLITCHES ASK EVERYBODY WHO REALLY HAS PLAYED GEARS1 HOW BAD IT WAS!!!

CHAINSAW GLITCH-GOW1

BACKFLIP GLITCH-GOW1

INVISIBLE GLITCH -GOW1

LANCER TOO STRONG -GOW1

LAG -GOW1-GOW2

I CAN KEEP GOING. I HAVE 40K KILLS IN GOW1 I NKOW HOW PEOPLE COMPLAIN. NOW EVERYTHING WAS FIXED IN GOW2 AND PEOPLE STILL COMPLAIN.SO U MY FRIEND ARE AN IDIOT.

GEARS2 HAS NO GLITCHES SO FAR BESIDES THE LAG AND WEAPON SLIDE!!
    I checked your achievements,you don't even have seriously nice lie and caps lock makes you look stupid use some grammer.

Thumbs down Gears 1 FOREVER

I am sorry but gears 2 has wrecked my gears love. I do not like how everything has changed so much. It used to be about close combat or at least knowing where your enemy is. Now you don't even have to see or even know where your opponent is to get a kill (grenades & mortars). Cliffy B is a retard for changing the game to his liking instead of just going with the flow. Gamers loved the first Gears, there was no reason to overhaul every little detail. Shame on you Epic for ruining everything! I just wish everyone would go back to the old gears so there could be some fun competition rather than Halo 3 BS(yes, I just called Gears 2 Halo 3)

Although I agree with you somewhat Murder, there is a simple solution for you my friend, go back to gears 1, it is still the top 10 most played online game right now so you shouldn't have to many issues finding matches.

I truly like GOW2, and I actually have seriously and every other achievement in GOW1. It was my favorite game of all time and i think 2 was a great addition. If any of you remember gears 1 you would know that the amount of BS that was there when it first released was overwhelming but in time they fixed a lot of the necessary components, but people still whine about every detail. Epic cant win because the bottom line is people don't like things they aren't good at, and so instead of trying to better themselves they complain about things to the extreme and always pass the buck. Gears 1 was based on close combat which i personally loved, 19rds Raven down shotguns blazin, and now its changed completely. But i still play it for what it is, because its not gears 1, its gears 2, if it was supposed to be the same game they coulda saved the trouble of making a new one and put out more maps and new game modes for us to play on gears 1.

The match making system is weak and Im not sure if anyone of us likes it, i hate not being able to choose what game mode i want to play or what map i want to play it on in public, but i love the random host decision. I hate that blind-firing weapons is next to impossible because i became really good at it in GOW1 but it is, and i have to deal with it. I think it sucks that you need no skill at all to use the torque bow or the boom because now even if you straight up miss your target you can still kill him by hitting the floor or wall, i hate that the shotgun is so inconsistent and slow and fires unlike any true to life shotty but it does, and i most certainly hate homos nade tagging walls and sitting behind them waiting for people to run around so you can get a lucky kill or stun.

It was to my understanding that Cliff B and the guys from epic wanted people to have to work for there kills opposed to just running up and blowing them apart yet in gears 2 you don't even have to hit your target with a multiple of weapons to down em or kill em. There is actually no skill involved in any of the weapons aside of the sniper and shotgun, and lets face it, the chainsaw is unbeatable, if you want a lot of kills in gears 2, run around holding the b button and i assure you you will get a kill a round because it is next to impossible to take that thing down.

To me they just made the game NOOB friendly so they could get more people to buy it and play it and they have achieved there goal, and now instead of playing warzone or execution i play submission or guardian where the deaths don't matter as much as capturing the objective. Its a different breed of game than its predecessor, and ill get my achievements and ill swap back and forth between GOW 1 and 2 unless they fix some of the serious issues that are out there in 2. But they will never fix lag, thats all our fault. The people who are to cheap to pay for the good internet service into there house, the losers who leave all there computers running 24/7 in there house and play xbox live then have the audacity to bi$%h about lag, Epic cant fix our own stupidity and unfortunatly, we as gamers have to deal with it as it is. Gears2 is still fun as hell, and its just as aggrivating as the original.

Bottom-line .... Get over it, stop crying, start murdering, and enjoy cuz its still fun as hell.

the weapons in gears 1 were perfect.
    Gears 2 shutgun sucks, and the lancer is overpowered, and not fun...Gears 1 10x better right now....i couldn't get enough of gears 1, i'm already sickened and looking for a new game, screw gears 2...they gotta fix it.

All they had to do was fix the glitches, add maps, and fix the lag...then gears2 would be awesome...giant step backwards with gears 2..Epic Fail

Banned
    Gamer IDs

i got my account stolen along time ago so i started a new one look up oIB U G ZIo dumbass

They should have done a beta for the MP. It's been said before but that would have solved so many of the current issues. Which is the greater scheme of things are minor. I personally am loving GOW2 because overall it is fantastic fun and I know that the issues it has will be patched. However Epic need to get it done ASAP otherwise Gears 3 sales will suffer. Although, not that badly, haha. I'm off to play GOW2, you know why, cos its awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by timp311 View Post
    the weapons in gears 1 were perfect.
    Gears 2 shutgun sucks, and the lancer is overpowered, and not fun...Gears 1 10x better right now....i couldn't get enough of gears 1, i'm already sickened and looking for a new game, screw gears 2...they gotta fix it.

All they had to do was fix the glitches, add maps, and fix the lag...then gears2 would be awesome...giant step backwards with gears 2..Epic Fail
    Gears 2 is not the same game, Gears 1 multiplayer was not the game they wanted it to be. Personally I prefer being more tactical to running in circles shooting from the hip.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I MaIiCE I

People complain about the shotgun not being too strong? People complain that the lancer is too strong in gears1? People complaing in gow2 about the matchmaking? Is there anything people dont complain about? Not every game is perfect thats y theres tittle updates and its only been a week since gow2 was realeased. I dont nkow about you guys but i have nothing bad too say about gears2 i think its great.

So this thread is for real gears fans like me that have possitive comments on the game!!

If everyone is complaining about Multiplayer, how do you think we like it?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I MaIiCE I

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam119 View Post
    I checked your achievements,you don't even have seriously nice lie and caps lock makes you look stupid use some grammer.
    Too bad its grammar.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xWKSxV00D00x

it feels like they rushed the multiplayer

Listen, dude. You're metaphor is completely off base here. There is no human element to cheer for. You cheer your team while losing because you want to inspire them and show appreciation. I want to kick Cliffy B. in the mother ****ing nuts, not cheer him.

A better comparison is this: you buy a carton of milk with an expiration date of 12/25. You open it as soon as you get home on 12/15 and it's soured. Are you fine with this? I mean, it's still milk, right? It's still got a 12/25 expiration date right there on the carton. You're cool with this? Put it on your cereal? In your coffee? No, dumbass, you don't. What you do is complain at the grocery store that you want a new carton or your money back.

To be fair, the solo campaign was awesome. The mullti has potential, but it sucks right now. It's been 2 months now and it's still crap.

Lastly, Cliffy B. doesn't care about you, so don't sweat rooting for team EPIC when they just bent you over a desk.

Banned

Although Gears 1 had some flaws, they weren't destructive to the overall enjoyment of the game. Most online multiplayer games went smooth. With Gears 2 the multiplayer problems have increased. the whole True Skill ranking system has caused people to start cheating to get their rank which ruins the gameplay night after night. It bothers me when people complain about the little things. O, the chainsaw is too powerful...poor baby, it is a weapon in the game and if you dont like its power, pull out a boomshot and kill the guy trying to chainsaw you. THAT is not a real issue. True Skill in GOW 2? That is a real issue.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ultra Swede

Its called life. Doesn't go one way. Adapt, cause that's what the human species have been doing for 6,000 yrs.
    Gamer Tag: Ultra Swede

Ranked 123 in sweden's GOW charts in sniping (not that many swedish people have a 360).

....=*****-----------##............
    ...[....@___(...){_______/.........
    ...\ ..../__/{...}++...............Boltok Pistol
    .../..../......{_}..................
    ../..../....................
    {___/...........................................

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThE PeRf3cT OnE

In Response to
    NSC BUGz

"U SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT U HAVENT PLAYED GEARS1 HAVE U.GEARS1 WAS RIDDLED WITH GLITCHES ASK EVERYBODY WHO REALLY HAS PLAYED GEARS1 HOW BAD IT WAS!!!

CHAINSAW GLITCH-GOW1

BACKFLIP GLITCH-GOW1

INVISIBLE GLITCH -GOW1

LANCER TOO STRONG -GOW1

LAG -GOW1-GOW2

GEARS2 HAS NO GLITCHES SO FAR BESIDES THE LAG AND WEAPON SLIDE!! "

Most of those complaints were about a year after the game was out, so the people that complained about that were the ones who sucked at the game or joined a player match that was a glitching party or something

Well, to be honest with you, I love Gears 2. I'm sorry to say i'm not a real Gears fan, I just love the game. If I were to tell you that I was a gears fan I would be lying, because I would not die for it. Now seriously, I've been hearing a lot of stuff about matchmaking and weapon balance and blah blah blah. Well I'll tell you what will fix all this crap.

Wait for it...

LAG. Yep, simple (actually not). I'm pretty sure that if epic EVER decides to fix the lag, then most of these problems would go away. It's lags fault that shotguns don't do damage, it's lags fault that people got the staff sargeant rank (you know it's true), it's host's fault when the lobby suddenly becomes laggy (lag switch xD ohhh good times...). So yes, if you fix the lag, stopping power actually works, people can actually get headshots, you can actually get shotgun kills, YOU CAN ACTUALLY HAMMERBURST PEOPLE, and maybe lag switching can not be done anymore if Epic does it right (if they ever do it). Oh and yeah, fixing lag would also fix the invisible glitch if they do it right.

So I'm pretty sure we'd have less stuff to complain about if they fix the lag. Oh and message to the "real gears fan" (forgot his username), so yes remember what you posted here next time you get destroyed because your playing people in germany, remember what you posted next time you get lag switched, and remember what you posted when you get chainsawed. Just a little tip to keep your little fan spirit up, just pretend that this game is perfect and cheer epic on a fantastic job, and they couldn't have done it better! Yeah.... Wake up and smell the roses. Gears of War 2 is a great game, but it does have some SERIOUS issues that ruins it.
    Last edited by HoliestCow; 12-31-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: OCD sucks.

Banned

Default Nsc bugs get a clue

nsc bugs what are you talking about gears 2 has more glitches than gears 1 and whats worse is thier the same glitches as in one, i dont ask for much only that the glitches in one dont crop up in two, jesus thats the first thing you do to make a good sequel. no glithches never heard anything so funny NSC BUGS GET A CLUE!!!!

when i mean beat it i acctually mean the disc