• No

433 14.24%
Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Simburgur PSN ID: Simburgur

Lightbulb DLC Idea: GoW: Chronicles - IT'S OVER FOUR THOUSAND!!!1!11

^ Rate the thread 5 stars! ^
    Everything in this thread is based on playing the game before TU3.
    (I'm too busy playing to update it )

Last Update:
    29/01/2009
    23:40 GMT
    17:40 CST (GMT -6)

[!] - Notices - [!]

Please read these before and after you have read the rest of the post, thanks.

[!] - If you like the ideas, please do the following:
    1) Vote yes
    2) Rate the thread 5 stars
    3) Keep the thread active (Keep Posting!)
    4) Look below to see what else I need help with
    5) Join This Forum Group to show your support (or click here to join quickly)
    6) Post links to this thread on other gaming websites
    7) Send links to this thread to your friends
    8) Refer people on Xbox Live to: GearsPendulum.com, it will take them to this thread
    9) Add www.GearsPendulum.com to your Xbox LIVE bio/motto.
    10) Add this to your signature:
    [url="http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=632395"][b]Support the Chronicles DLC! Click Here![/b][/url]
    It turns into this:
    Support the Chronicles DLC! Click Here!

(Click here to edit your signature)

[!] - Currently I need help with:
    #Getting EPIC to read this
    #Perfecting the new weapons

[!] - Special Thanks to:
    12 E A IP E R, Holy Sock, Specter33, xaelith, The Real BriBear, Mongoose 001, PwnStar, \ InFaMoUs /, Code Guru, Tuscuttar, Zieu, GamerTank28, XG597M, slayer470, TherMetro, Logik, BombrMan, GDC3s, USRangerJohn, Ken Adams NSA, Rekoj, GridlockShock, XeroDanger, F8L Fool, chaosanchez, Hurr0, Tino4488.

[!] - Recently Updated:
    #There's a quote from Rod that can be found here.
    #Everything has been moved around and reformatted, with a few small bits added.
    #We have a Domain Name now, thanks to Hurr0!, GearsPendulum.com
    #The beginning of chronicle 1 has been addded.
    #Added The 'Moderator' Flak Cannon.
    #Added The Juicer (Imulsion gun).

[!] - Please post ideas in the thread:
    Because:
    #My PM box gets filled up to quickly (Stupid 75 message limit)
    #I want to keep all discussions public, so anyone can chip in ideas
    #It keeps the thread active

[!] - FAQ
    Please Read the FAQ Before Posting.

Thanks!
    [!] - End - [!]
    Gears of war: Chronicles
    It "could kill halo 3 [ODST] like a meteor hitting a midget at 12000 mph" - jjag20

Split into 5 main sections:
    (1) Balance/QoL Patch

(2) Multiplayer Modes/Maps
    (3) Chronicle Campaigns
    (4) New Weapons
    (5) Achievements

Intro

Hey there, thanks for taking an interest in my thread, here I am going to give you a basic rundown of contents of the thread.

The first section is basically what I think Epic should do to improve the multiplayer/general experience of the game, it lists various balance changes, QoL improvements and some reformatting of the multiplayer menu system.

Next up are my suggestions for some additions to the multiplayer, these are in my opinion the best part of the thread

Next there is the actual Chronicle campaigns (these are currently completely unwritten - they will be expanded soon), these are intended to be released as 7 seperate parts of stand alone DLC. Each Chronicle will contain a 1-2 hour campaign along with 2-3 MP maps relating to that campaign.

Next I list the my ideas for some new weapons, some of these are intended to be used as additional starter weapons, and others for the new maps/campaigns.

The next section is all the achievements relating to the DLC, I have also modified a few old achievements to unlock some charecter skins.

(Post has been split up due to 20,000 charecter limit per post)

Scroll down to post #3 for the next section!
    Last edited by Simburgur; 03-28-2009 at 04:44 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice thread dude.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Stop Scrolling!

Balance/QoL Patch

Weapon Changes
    Smoke Grenades:
    #Stun removed completely, this is a SMOKE grenade, not a stun grenade
    #Old Gears 1 smoke effect added.
    #Smoke lasts for 20 seconds
    #Radius is 10'
    #Smoke will follow the grenade around if it is stuck to a player

Shotgun:

Active Reload: increase fire speed by 15%.

Lancer:
    #Increase damage per bullet from 38 to 45. Once the chainsaw has been balanced, the lancer will be UP compared to the HB, so this minor damage increase should balance it out.
    #Chainsaw Duel: Currently when the duel is interrupted, its a bit of an antilclimax. The duel comes to a halt and one guy gets chainsawed. Instead, i think it should trigger a small sound FX (Like when your wingman dies, or a teammate is downed), and also trigger a double chainsaw, as it doesn’t make sense for the original duelist to just stop when the duel interrupted by a member of his team.
    #Chainsaw Revving: Currently, revving the chainsaw is pretty much unstoppable. In Gears 1 however it was stupid that a single bullet stunned you. So, i suggest that whilst revving the chainsaw, you take an additional 25% damage and have a chance of being stunned for every bullet that hits the front of you.
    Lancer/Pendulum Lancer/Snub pistol/Gorgon Pistol = 15% stun chance per shot
    Boltok/Shotgun = 35% stun chance per shot
    Everything else = 50% stun chance per shot
    The stun chance will stack for 3 seconds, so if you shoot 3 snub pistol shots at 1 shot per second, the first shot will have a 15% chance to stun, the second will have a 30% chance to stun, and the third will have a 45% chance to stun. however, if you shoot another bullet 3 seconds later, it will only have a 15% chance to stun. Also, a single bullet to the head from any gun or a melee will automatically stun you.

Torque Bow:

#Reduce splash damage, you should NOT be able to kill someone without actually sticking them, even if it is active.
    #Decrease wind up speed by 20%, currently it winds up a little too fast.

Boomshot:

#Reduce ammo to 2 shells.
    #Reduce active splash.
    #Reduce speed at which shells travel through the air.
    #Allow shells to be shot out of the air, causing mid-air detonation.

Boomshield:

#Can get into chainsaw duels, but cannot kill the enemy. if the Shield player wins the duel, the Chainsaw player is knocked to the ground (but not as severe as the smoke grenade knockback) and the Shield player is stunned for a second. If the Chainsaw player wins, the Shield is knocked away, and the Shield player is stunned, leaving them open to be chainsawed.

Wall Tags:

#Reduce health so that a single direct lancer shot can destroy them
    #Each bullet within 1.5' of the grenade will have a 25% chance of setting off the proximity device, and therefore setting off the grenade
    #Add an additional .5 seconds after the beep before detonation to allow players more time to excape
    #Every 3 seconds a tagged grenade should beep. The beep is slightly louder than the beep you hear when the grenade is triggered, and uses the same sound beep that the tagged grenade uses when it is triggered.

Gameplay Changes

Execution:

#Lower bleedout time to 5 or 10 seconds, it's just not execution how it is at the moment.

Wingman:
    #Increase the public party size to 4.
    #Having 3 players in the party could lead to cheating, and any more than 4 could also lead to cheating (So public parties can have 1, 2, or 4 players).
    #Allow players to pair up within the party so they can stick with their wingman.
    #Teams in the same party will be spawned as far away from each other to minmize cheating.
    #The character a pair plays as should be based on their preferred character models. I want to play as Dizzy damnit
    #Delayed Weapon spawns: Power weapons will now spawn 45 seconds after the round begins, this is to stop people that spawn near power weapons having an advantage.

Weapon Cycling:

#Remove weapon cycling in Hail and Subway. Due to the uneveness of these maps, one team will always spawn with an advantage.

Respawns:

#This will affect any multiplayer gametype with respawns
    #When a player respawns, they are invulnerable for 5 seconds
    #If the player presses RT or B (therefore being able to cause damage), this affect is canceled

Menu/UI/QoL/Backend Changes

Main Menu:

#Instead of 'Multiplayer', there will now be 'Ranked Multiplayer' and 'Custom Multiplayer'.
    #Custom multiplayer will lead to: 'Host Custom Match' and 'Search for Public Custom Matches'
    #Ranked multiplayer will lead to the current matchmaking system (This has been revised below)

Ranked Matchmaking:
    #The matchmaking speed needs to optimized, i have no idea how, but currently it takes far too long. (Click for a detailed explanation)
    #The netcode also needs to be optimized (Click - Same link as above)
    #Host Migration needs to be added (Click - Same link as above)
    #Decent Host Selection: In the Pre-Game lobby, the game should ping all other players, then get an average response time. Then the player with the lowest average response time is chosen as the host, nice and simple.
    #Voice comm is muted during loading screens, i don't know if you are able to work around this or it was accidental, but its VERY annoying.
    #Guests: Allow guests in public matches. if you can invite people to your party why not allow guests as well?
    #Matchmaking Language: the matchmaking lists need to be separated, i hate it when I’m teamed with people that i can't talk to.
    #Ping Filter: the ability to filter out public matches that have a Xms or higher ping to you. (this could possibly be on my default)
    #Region Filter: the ability to filter out public matches that are not in X/Y/Z region. (this could possibly be on my default)

Private Matches:
    #Renamed to 'Custom Matches'
    #3 Levels of publicity:
    1) Public (Listed publicly, Open to anyone)
    2) Hidden (Hidden, Open to anyone)
    3) Private (Hidden, Invite only)
    #Public matches will be like Player matches from Gears 1, and will be listed publicly in a new menu section (Click Here to see that alot of people want player matches)
    #Hidden matches will be like Private matches from Gears 2, and can only be joined through someone gamerprofile or from an invite
    #Private matches will be like Private matches from Gears 1, and can only be joined from an invite
    #Hosts will be able to kick people mid game
    #Hosts can set up a queue of maps when starting the game (And put them on repeat if they want), so you can play continuosuly without having to return to the lobby.
    #In the pre-game lobby players will be able to press <an unused button> to notify the host that they are ready (like in gears 1, this will not be mandatoryto start the game.)

Playlists:
    #Party leaders can opt to select more than one gametype to search for in cluster one (Warzone-Scavenger), and the same for culster two (Hardcore Execution - Hardcore Pendulum), this should reduce the wait for a match.
    #Gamemodes will be seperated, so the public matchmaking selection would look like this:
    (Max amount of players allowed - Gamemode name)
    Code:
    5 - Warzone
    5 - Execution
    5 - Annex
    5 - King of the kill
    5 - Guardian
    5 - Submission
    5 - Assassination
    5 - Pendulum
    5 - Onslaught
    5 - Hunter
    5 - Scavenger
    5 - Draft
    5 - Bounty
    ---
    4 - Hardcore Execution
    4 - Hardcore King Of The Hill
    4 - Hardcore Onslaught
    4 - Hardcore Pendulum
    ---
    5 - Players Choice
    5 - Flashback Players Choice
    5 - Commbustible Players Choice
    ---
    4 - Wingman
    1 - Duel
    3 - Anarchy
    ---
    5 - Classic Horde
    10 - Never Ending Horde
    #Custom match gametype selection would look like this:
    Code:
    10 - Warzone
    10 - Execution
    10 - Annex
    10 - King of the kill
    10 - Guardian
    10 - Submission
    10 - Assassination
    10 - Pendulum
    10 - Onslaught
    10 - Hunter
    10 - Scavenger
    10 - Draft
    10 - Bounty
    ---
    8 - Hardcore Execution
    8 - Hardcore King Of The Hill
    8 - Hardcore Onslaught
    8 - Hardcore Pendulum
    ---
    10 - Wingman
    2 - Duel
    10 - Anarchy
    10 - The Man With the Golden Shotgun
    ---
    10 - Freeform
    ---
    5 - Classic Horde
    10 - Never Ending Horde
    End of game lobby:
    #There needs to be a 'quit' button, and you should not be autokicked, some people want to talk about the mach they just played before leaving, and some people don't want to wait 20 seconds before returning to the menu. Mark Rein (Vice President at EPIC) says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    I really like this idea myself. I played an amazing game of Horde last night with a really cool group of guys. We had a great time and chatted (and sometime screamed at the oncome onslaught ) all the way through. It would have been good to have a cooling off period where we could have formed a party and played some more but the game went back to the menu right away. I felt a little let down. Luckily Xbox has a way to go back and see folks you recently played with but I agree with this suggestion. Also I'm not saying this is the only thing I agree with but this one caught my fancy enough to reply
    #Stick Together/Rematch: Give people a choice at the end of every match to stick together for the next match by pressing a button at the endgame lobby. ths will cause a marker to appear next to their name in the ingame lobby so that everyone else knows who they will be if they choose to stick together. This way, if people have a fun and balanced game, they are able to be automatically pitched with anyone else that chooses this option at the end of the game and hopefully have another fun match. People will remain on the same teams for fairness/balance.

Quitters:
    #When a player drops from the match, they should automatically get a loss.
    #When a player drops they should be replaced by a bot. the bot difficulty is dependant on the average skill of all players in the match.
    #If a player drops, and his team then looses, all team members who where not in the quitters party will be exempt from the loss, so their stats do not go down.

Options:
    #Customisable control options (Click)

Ranking:

A Players rank should be based on:
    #K/D Ratio
    #Amount of objectives completed vs amount of objective based matches played (example: Hill captures vs KotH matches played)
    #Amount of matches played in the last month (So a new player can't come along and get 1 kill and 1 KotH capture and hop straight to the top of the table, they will need to play well for a month before they get to the top, and older payers will need to keep playing to maintain their rank)

With some mathematical magic, every player will then be given a number (the lower your number the better), this number represents their place in the universal rank table. This number will be displayed to the right of the players name in the lobby & ingame (In white, so players don't confuse it with their name) and their rank badge will seperate their rank number and name. Players will then be assigned a rank badge based on their position in the table:
    #the top 10% of players will be given the rank 5 symbol
    #the next 20% of players will be given the rank 4 symbol
    #the next 20% of players will be given the rank 3 symbol
    #the next 20% of players will be given the rank 2 symbol
    #the next 20% of players will be given the rank 1 symbol
    #the bottom 10% of players will be given the rank 0 symbol

So, say there where 1000 people who played gears of war 2 online, and i was in position 847, and i was playing as COG, my name would look like this: El Bishi ^ 847

Clan Tag:

Allow players to add a clan tag to the beginning of their name, like COD4 did. If i was in the clan LOL, my name would now look like this: [LOL]El Bishi ^ 847

'Connection Error' message:
    This needs to come back for 2 big reasons;
    #To stop 'Standbying'
    #To allow people to leave laggy matches

Photos:

Add a 'Delete all photos' option to the photo album.

Quickmute:

A quickmute is needed. in between rounds/whilst holding the back button, you should be able to navigate the scoreboard with the D-pad, and highlight a player and quickmute him.

Execution/Melee/Headshot kill images:
    #Each execution should have its own unique image, as currently they all use the curbstomp image
    #The easy way to do this would be adding the weapon image before the execution image, like so:
    <killers name> <weapon picture> <excecute/sniper/melee picture> <dead players name>

Dizzy:*
    Due to Dizzy's overwhelming awesomeness, he should gain the following in MP:
    #Increase health by 300%
    #Any enemy that gets within 5 feet of Dizzy will automatically be Roundhouse Kicked. This causes the foe to fly off the map and subsequently die.
    #Spawns with Golden Shotgun: It's the same as a normal shotgun, but it's damage and fire rate are increased by 500%, and it has a 1000 foot range.
    #If his hat is knocked off, he will go into an angry rage, causing all foes on the map to run away in fear, therefore causing dizzy to automatically win the match.

*Just FYI, the Dizzy stuff is a joke (Yes, some people actually believed that it was serious.....)

Scroll down to post #5 for the next section!
    Last edited by Simburgur; 01-29-2009 at 06:46 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SicK xHaVoKx

i really like this idea sounds awesome!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Stop Scrolling!

New Multiplayer Features

New Game Modes:

Duel:
    #1v1
    #Execution rules
    #10s bleedout
    #First to 5 kills wins in a public match
    #Score limit/Time limit customizable for private matches

Assassination:

#Not exactly new, but they should bring it back, it's not the same as Guardian, i'm not sure why it was removed.

Hardcore Gametypes:
    #Click for a detailed explanation

Onslaught:
    #5v5
    #Warzone Rules
    #Respawns every 5 seconds
    #15s bleedout
    #weapon respawns sped up by 300%
    #first team to 100 kills or team with the highest number of kills after 10 minutes wins
    #Only 1 round per public match
    #My thought process for this was: 'I like horde, but i also like killing players'

Anarchy:
    #All v All (1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1)
    #Max public party size is 3, any more would encourage cheaters too much
    #Players in the same party will spawn as close to each other as possible to minimize cheating
    #Execution rules
    #10s bleedout
    #1 point per kill, 3 points for being the last man standing, 1 point each if there are multiple people alive at the end of the round
    #First person to 25 points in public matches wins

Hunter:
    #5(COG) v 5(UIR) v Horde(Locust)
    #(Players) Execution rules, 15s bleedout
    #(Horde) Warzone rules, 30s bleedout
    #Respawns every 20 seconds
    #Players must fight over killing locust for points, whilst fighting off the other team
    #1 point per locust killed, no points for killing players
    #5 Points for killing the Boss - the boss could be a toned down version of Skorge or RAAM
    #-3 points for being killed by the locust, no penalty for being killed by a player
    #There will be 15 locust on the map at any one time, they get replaced as they die
    #First team to 30 points in public matches wins the round
    #Boss spawns after 10 locust deaths
    #Best of 3 rounds in public matches

Scavenger:
    #5v5
    #Execution Rules
    #15s bleedout
    #Respawns every 20 seconds
    #Teams must hunt for Cog Tags to score points
    #Players will have a pointer smilar to the one used in Guardian/Wingman/Annex/etc to guide them to the tag
    #Each Cog Tag is worth 1 point
    #Only 1 Cog Tag on the map at any one time
    #A Cog will spawn when the previous one is found, or a minute has passed since the last Cog spawned.
    #No points for killing players
    #First to 5 points to win the round in public matches

The Man With The Golden Shotgun (Private rooms only):
    #Homage to 'Goldeneye' on the N64
    #All v All (1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1)
    #You respawn 10 seconds after you die (So people don't spawn on top of each other)
    #Warzone rules
    #One player is randomly chosen to be the 'Man with the golden shotgun' (TMWTGS)
    #This player will have 300% of a normal players health, and is immune to all 1-shot kills (headshot/chainsaw/fragtag etc), can be downed infinite times, has a 10s bleedout and must be executed in order to die
    #This player will do 300% damage
    #All other players have normal stats
    #The player that executes TMWTGS will explode, then respawn as TMWTGS
    #This is a continuous gametype for fun only, and it has no real end, therefore is only for private rooms

Never Ending Horde:
    #A new version of horde that goes on forever, and has no rounds.
    #Allows 10 players to team up against the horde (This may seem like alot - but it will be needed)
    #An Algorithm could continuously cause the horde to get harder and harder
    #Palace Guards & Nemacytes (Gearsopedia link - contains campaign spoilers) should be added for some variety
    #Nemacyst could also be thrown in, but i'm not sure how practical this is.
    #Players Respawn every 2 minutes
    #There are checkpoints every 5 minutes, you can start the game at any checkpoint you have already unlocked, and you will respawn at these checkpoints if you die.
    #There is a points penalty if you die (-1000*number of deaths)
    #Ammo boxes spwn every 6-amount of players minutes (So if there is 5 players, you'll get an ammo box every minute)
    #Weapons swap every 5 minutes
    #There is a day/night cycle, each day lasts 10 minutes, then it's night for 10 minutes.
    #RAAM will spawn after 30 minutes, then every 40 minutes after that. He will be very similar to RAAM in Gears 1.

Pendulum:

#5v5
    #Infinite respawns (timing below)
    #Warzone Rules
    #15s Bleedout

the map is split into 10 sections, before I go any further I’ll do a diagram to explain, for this example, the map is a large rectangle. sorry for the horrible diagram:
    Code:
          |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | Spawn  |
          |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |        |
    --------------------------------------------------------
    I have also done an example of what Gridlock could be like:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

#The aim of the game is to capture every zone, capturing is done the same was as annex/king of the kill.
    #Base Respawn time is 25 seconds, and 1 second is taken off for every zone under enemy control.
    #You cannot capture a zone unless you have captured an adjacent zone, for example; on the girdlock map above, you cannot capture zone 5 without owning zone 4 OR zone 6.
    #The base capture time is 25 seconds, but for every zone that you own that is adjacent to the one you are currently capturing, 5 seconds is taken off, down to a minimun of 10 seconds.
    #The game is won by holding all 10 zones for 20 seconds.
    #If the round goes on for more than 10 minutes, the team with the most zones wins. if the number of zones is equal, the first team to capture a zone wins.

Alternative Pendulum:
    After looking around the maps some more, not every map would support the 1-10 linear zone layout, so I think it should be changed to the map being split into 10, non linear zones.
    And here is a comparison of gridlock with the old and new system:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    However, I think this would detract from the feeling of pushing forward, and driving the enemy out, so the new system could only be applied to certain maps. instead of needing to own the previous zone to capture the next one, it could be changed to needing to control an adjacent zone in order to capture a zone, and the speed could be doubled for every adjacent zone that you own.

Unfinished Gamemode Ideas:

Bounty:

Similar to this.

Draft:
    Similar to this.

New Maps:

War Machine & Fuel Depot:
    Set BEFORE E-day, so War Machine will not be in ruins, and Fuel Depot could seem a bit less deserted.

Trial:
    #A Large, Round map based on the court room at the House of Soverence.
    #Has a large upper ring, and with 4 staircases leading down to the lower central area.
    #Initial Design: Click
    #Final Design:
    Interactive Powerpoint Diagram: Download
    #The darker the colour of the floor, the lower down it is
    #The arrows on the stairs are pointing towards the top of the stairs.
    #The bit on the left is the tunnel that leads from the top left to the centre.
    #Power weapons are at top left/centre/bottom right. spawns at bottom left/top right.

Reaction:

#An imulsion research facility.
    #(unfinished) Design:
    #The green background on the left is imulsion, the brown background on the right is a rocky island.
    #The big green tanks (there will be a third, on the second floor) are test tanks, and players will be able to move imulsion from the pool to the top tank, to the right hand tank, then to the left tank, then back into the pool using switches. The imulsion will drown any players trapped in the tank .
    #Light blue = windows
    #Dark blue = bullet proof windows
    #Red = doors. They open automatically as you approach, but while imulsion is moving all doors are locked.
    #Black = wall/pillars
    #Grey = normal indoor room
    #Dark Grey = cover
    #Brown = outdoor bridge
    #Gradients = stairs, arrow points to the top
    #The darker the colour of the floor, the lower down it is
    #Spawns: not decided yet
    #Power weapons: not decided yet

Unfinished Map Ideas:

Salvage:

Scrapyard turned UIR manufacturing faciliy. Features moving cover.

Aspho:
    Aspho Fields.

Landown:
    Cemetary in the middle of Landown. Features Grindlifts.

Innards:
    Inside of the Riftworm. Features all the moving/interactive stuff that's in the campaign.

Hollow:
    In the hollow, featuring Rockworms as Cover and Red fruits to move them.

Armageddon/Apocalypse/Inferno:
    In a city being sunk by the Riftworm.

Industry:
    Set in a arms manufacturing facility, there are various interactive buttons that can spawn weapons/ammo/live grenades/other nasties or nices.

Sleeping Beauty:
    Something along the lines of this.

Last edited by Simburgur; 01-23-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Chronicle Campaigns

Chronicle 1: The Desire for Power
    (covers the beginning of the Pendulum Wars, played as a UIR soldier)

Charecters
    Charecter names are PLACEHOLDER, i just used developer names as a joke until the characters are fleshed out properly

Pvt. Rod Fergusson (main character)
    He's young, rebellious, and hates authority. he's been thrown into the middle of the war against his will.
    Pvt. Joe Graf (co-op character)
    No idea yet. Suposedly a bit like Dom.
    Pvt. Mark Rein (3rd squad member)
    He's like Chap, old & pissed off at everything.
    Sgt. Cliff Bleszinski (squad leader)
    He's a nice guy, looks after his squad, he likes to refer to the COG soldiers as 'Douchenozzles'.

Chapter 1: Discovery

>
    Opening Cutscene:
    Story starts when Rod is watching TV in his teenage years. It starts of as a cartoon (Either this or this), but then he changes the channel over to a news broadcast talking about the discovery of imulsion, what it would do for the economy, etc. He's standing there, staring at the TV, then sprints over and flops on the couch. As soon as he hits, we dramatically switch to him hitting the ground, dusty, and in his armour (similar to COG armour currently. No fancy lights, different logo, painted black instead of blue) He's obviously dazed, then Sgt. Cliff runs up to him and crouches over him.
    >Sgt. Cliff - "On your feet Son! That grenade wasn't too bad. Come on! *tosses you a Pendulum Lancer (P-Lancer from here on out)* Get some cover!"
    >The area around you is a desolate wasteland, only being funnelled in by the rivers of flowing imulsion and giant drilling machines.
    >You would then be asked whether or not to go through the tutorial ("You know how to take cover, right?" LT - Yes/RT - No). The tutorial would cover the basics, no need to go into detail here.
    >Regardless of whether you did the tutorial or not, you would then be introduced to the P-Lancer.
    >Sgt. Cliff - "Alright. Those COG Bas****s got us pinned down. We have been ordered to flank them. We can proceed East along the imulsion trenches until we get behind that emplaced gun!"
    >This is when the game would actually start, you go and flank the gun positions, and use the turrets to take out some enemy forces.
    >You would then get orders in to go attack an enemy supply depot (Fuel Depot! ). You would hijack a COG Tank to sneak yourselves in.
    >Once inside, a cutscene plays. you get out of the tank (Inside the large hangar at one of the MP Spawn points - the one with the APCs people always hide behind). Your squad would then proceed to try and exit the hanger, but are spotted. The squad takes cover.
    >Sgt. Cliff - "S**t! Plan B! kill ‘em all!" (Or something along those lines, someone else needs to refine the dialogue)
    >End of cutscene
    >You would then proceed to defend your position inside the hanger. there are some conveniently places longshot rifles behind you.
    >Sgt. Cliff - "Rod! Get one of those Snipers and try shooting the fuel drums!"
    >Boom etc. COG Soldiers die.
    >When the coast is clear, you move out and enter the main building from the left hand entrance (The other way will be blocked with debris)
    >More fighting
    >As you go to exit the central building, there can be an explosion, the camera is the main characters eyes, he is thrown to the ground and blacks out.
    >Flashbacks of the main characters childhood are shown, including some news broadcasts of the discovery of imulsion, and two scientists on a live TV Debate "This stuff is worthless! I have examined it myself, this substance is useless and toxic." - "Oh really? My tests have shown otherwise-" <white flash>

Chapter 2: Bastion

>
    Rundown of chaper 2 (Will be expanded later):

>You've been in a coma for 10 years. The faint sounds of a life support machine can be heard, your vision slowly unblurs to reveal you are in a hospital.
    >The city you are in is then attacked by a COG assault force, you regroup with your old squad to help defend the city.
    >You will come to an area that is very similar to 'War Machine' from Gears 1, you will start off at the bottom where the Longshot spawns, and will have to fight your way up to the top, and then use the gun emplacements to defend yourselves for a few minutes.
    >The act ends with you being separated from your squad, and ambushed by some COG Soldiers. They have Chainsaw Lancers. You are thrown into a duel with a young unhelmetted COG Soldier. The duel will go slow-mo, and will last a while (30-60 seconds depending on how quick you can press B. This whole cutscne is an epic Slow-mo, camera going round the characters, close ups of both of their faces. another flashback: 'life flashing before your eyes' type thing. You will need to win this duel to continue (will be no harder than the Skorge Duels).
    >To Be Continued...

These will be expanded soon:

Chronicle 2: <No Name Yet>

(covers the end of the Pendulum Wars, played as a COG soldier)

Chronicle 3: Origins
    (Tells the story of how the Locust came to be, played as a locust, ends on E-day)

Chronicle 4: Family Ties
    (Covers the time between E-day and the beginning of Gears 1, probably played as Marcus Fenix)

Chronicle 5: Outcasts
    (Follows the story of a group of stranded survivors after E-day, played as a stranded)

Chronicle 6: Alpha
    (Follows the story of Cole and Baird between E-day and the beginning of Gears 1 - Based on this campaign by USRangerJohn)

Chronicle 7: Captives
    (This one will be focused on the locust again, and will shed some light on what happened to Maria and Tai after they where captured)
    Last edited by Simburgur; 01-29-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

[Placeholder for campaign storylines]

Scroll down to post #9 for the next section!
    Last edited by Simburgur; 01-23-2009 at 08:01 AM.

Wow this is awesome, really cool post dude.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Stop Scrolling!

New Weapons

The Pendulum lancer, Hawk Pistol, Shredder Shotgun, Stasis Grenade and Flare grenade are free to all players for balance reasons, the rest are only used in the campaign and new MP maps, or weapon swapped in private rooms.

The Pendulum Wars Lancer:
    #P-Lancer for short
    #This is selecatble at the start along with the standard lancer and hammerburst
    #Uses the model of the P-Lancer from the art book (with the knife on the end)
    #Damage per shot: 55 (Lancer has 38, 45 if they take my suggestion)
    #Fire Rate: 0.2 seconds (slightly faster than base HB speed)
    #Other notes:
    -#Can get into chainsaw duels, but cannot kill the enemy. if the P-Lancer player wins the duel, the Chainsaw player is knocked to the ground (but not as severe as the smoke grenade knockback) and the P-Lancer player is stunned for a second. If the Chainsaw player wins, they kill the P-lancer player.
    -#Is slightly more accurate than the Hammerburst/Lancer.
    #Special Features: Melee attack will have a very small cone of effect compared to other weapons, but does far more damage than a normal melee attack.
    #Execution: Opponent is flipped onto their knees, the knife beyonet is thrusted into their abdomen, then pushed upwards until it exits through the skull.
    #Headshot: 150% damage (Lancer has 150%)
    #Rounds per clip: 45 (Lancer has 50)
    #Pickup/Sarting Ammo: 270
    #Max Ammo: 540
    #Perfect Active Reload Time: 1.25s
    #Active Reload Time: 1.75s
    #Normal Reload Time: 2.5s
    #Jam Reload: 3.5s
    #Perfect Active Reload Benefits: Damage increased to 63.25 (+15%).
    #Render from the Gears 2 LE Art Book:

Stasis Grenade:

#This is selectable along with the smoke & flare grenades at the start of the match.
    #On Detonation it causes a standup stun in a 7.5' radius similar to what a frag blast in Gears 1 did
    #After: releases a green gas that lasts for 10 seconds in a 5' radius
    #The gas causes you to move 50% slower whilst inside the gas and 33% slower for 3 seconds after you leave
    #The gas is semi-transparent, so it will occlude your vision slightly

Flare Grenade:

#This is selectable along with the smoke & stasis grenades at the start of the match.
    #On detonation, causes a knockdown effect similar to the current smoke grenade.
    #This is not a ragdoll effect, as that is too unpredictable.
    #The knockdown effect lasts for 5 seconds, but mashing A can reduce it to a minimun of 2.5 seconds.
    #While knocked down, your teammates can pick you up, just liked reviving downed teammates.
    #The knockdown radius is 5' (half the size of the current smoke)
    #Causes a blurry screen for 3.75 seconds like the gas from 'Garden' in gears 1, but it is tinted white instead of green.

Nitro Grenade:

#On detonation, causes a 10' blast that causes 25% of the damage of a frag grenade blast & a standup stun like the frag grenade from Gears 1
    #Anyone caught within that radius will be set alight for 5-15 seconds, dependong on how close to the detonation they where.
    #Total damage will be 80-180% of a frag grenades damage, but will seem alot lower due to health regeneration.
    Final Concept by Thermetro:

Pendulum Frag & Poison Grenades:

#Reskins of the current frag & ink grenades for campaign only

Shrapnel Pistol:

#Merge of the Shotgun and Torque bow.
    #The player will charge up the shot by holding the trigger down
    #This will slowly (1 bullet every 0.5 seconds) allow bullets to move from the clip into the firing chamber of the gun
    #If the player holds the trigger down for more than 5 seconds, the pistol can become unstable, and may backfire causing the player to be standup stunned, all bullets in the current clip to be lost and a jammed reload.
    #When the player lets go, it will release a shotgun like blast of shrapnel in front of the player
    #Damage and cone of effect will increase with additional bullets in the firing chamber
    #Range & Accuracy will decrease with additional bullets in the firing chamber
    #Damage per shot: 40-500
    #Fire Rate: 0.5s-6+s
    #Other notes: ^Above^
    #Special Features: ^Above^
    #Execution: Not sure yet
    #Headshot: 125% damage (Gnasher has 110%)
    #Rounds per clip: 36
    #Pickup Ammo: 108
    #Max Ammo: 324
    #Perfect Active Reload Time: 1.5s
    #Active Reload Time: 2s
    #Normal Reload Time: 3.5s
    #Jam Reload: 5s
    #Perfect Active Reload Benefits: Doubles the speed of bullets loading into the firing chamber, allowing more bullets to be loaded into the chamber before the gun backfires.
    #Initial Concept by me: Click
    #Final Conepts by Thermetro:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    3D Model by GridlockShock (WIP):

Hawk Pistol:
    #Very similar to the Snub Pistol and Boltok Pistol, this will be the basic UIR pistol for use during campaign
    #This is selectable along with the snub pistol at the beginning of the match.
    #Damage per shot: 75 (Snub pistol is 55)
    #Fire Rate: 0.6 seconds
    #Other notes: Very Accurate at long range
    #Special Features: Has a scope similar to the sniper, but much less magnifying.
    #Headshot: 200% damage (Boltok has 200%), 3 direct shots in a row will pop the head.
    #Rounds per clip: 12
    #Pickup/Starting Ammo: 48
    #Max Ammo: 120
    #Perfect Active Reload Time: 0.75s
    #Active Reload Time: 1.25s
    #Perfect Active Reload Benefits: damage increased to 90 (+20%), Fire rate reduced to 0.5s.
    #Initial Concept by Thermetro: Click
    #Video of the weapon in action, by GridlockShock: Click
    (NOTE: Ths video does not reflect the Hawk Pistol's intended stats, it looks really OP because it's just a reskinned, sped up Boltok Pistol against casual drones).

#Final Concepts by Thermetro:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    #3D Model by GridlockShock:

The Siren:
    #A highly experimental Sonic Sniper rifle
    #Damage per shot: 80 (Hammerburst has 80)
    #Fire Rate: N/A (Single shot clip)
    #Other notes: Accuracy/Range is the same as the longshot
    #Special Features: On impact, it will cause a 1.25 seconds standup stun to all foes within 2', has a sniper scope (Zoom is slightly less effective than the longhost)
    #Headshot: Fatal, causes a 5' standup stun to all nearby enemies.
    #Rounds per clip: 1
    #Pickup Ammo: 8
    #Max Ammo: 14
    #Perfect Active Reload Time: 1s, so stun>headshots can still be pulled off, but are very difficult.
    #Normal Reload Time: 3.25s
    #Jam Reload: 4.5s
    #Perfect Active Reload Benefits: Stun radius increased to 3', damage per shot increased to 100 (+20%).
    #Initial Concept by Thermetro:

The Shredder:

#This is selectable along with the Gnasher Shotgun at the beginning of the match
    #It's basicly a very fast, very inaccurate, very close range machine gun.
    #Damage per shot: 20 (Lancer has 38)
    #Fire Rate: 0.25-0.05s
    #Other notes: It's very innacurate & has a very short range.
    #Special Features: Like the mulcher, it has a varying rate of fire dependant on how long you hold the trigger, and also has a heat gage to balance it out.
    #Headshot: 130% damage (Gnasher has 110%)
    #Rounds per clip: 80
    #Pickup Ammo: 240
    #Max Ammo: 720
    #Perfect Active Reload Time: 1.25s
    #Perfect Active Reload Benefits: Increases damage to 24 (+20%), and fire rate to 0.2-0.04s.

The 'Moderator' Flak Cannon:

#Damage per shot: 240 (Boomshot has ? (I'll look it up later))
    #Fire Rate: 0.8s
    #Other notes: Max range is 80ft, the projectile will explode midair if it gets this far without hitting anything.
    #Special Features: Small amount of splash damage.
    #Execution: Not sure yet.
    #Headshot: No change.
    #Rounds per clip: 3
    #Pickup Ammo: 12
    #Max Ammo: 24
    #Perfect Active Reload Time: 1s
    #Active Reload Time: 1.25s
    #Normal Reload Time: 1.75s
    #Jam Reload: 4s
    #Perfect Active Reload Benefits: Fire rate increased to 0.6s, damage increased to 264 (+10%), causes a standup stun on a direct hit.

The Juicer:
    #Damage per shot: 120 damage per second of direct imulsion exposure, 60 damage per second of exposure to the fumes.
    #Fire Rate: 0.1s
    #Other notes: Fires a constant stream of imulsion, consuming 10 rounds per second, the imulsion will remain on the floor/walls and emit deadly fumes for a few seconds.
    #Special Features: As you fire, it will empty the tank, and you must hold LB in order to refill the tank (You cannot shoot whilst refilling), this means there is no 'reload' as such, and filling the tank takes about 5 seconds total (if it starts empty).
    #Execution: Not sure yet.
    #Headshot: No change.
    #Rounds per clip: n/a
    #Pickup Ammo: 150
    #Max Ammo: 400
    #Perfect Active Reload Time: n/a
    #Active Reload Time: n/a
    #Normal Reload Time: n/a
    #Jam Reload: n/a
    #Perfect Active Reload Benefits: n/a

Template: (Ignore this, it's just for me to use)
    #Damage per shot:
    #Fire Rate:
    #Other notes:
    #Special Features:
    #Execution:
    #Headshot:
    #Rounds per clip:
    #Pickup Ammo:
    #Max Ammo:
    #Perfect Active Reload Time:
    #Active Reload Time:
    #Normal Reload Time:
    #Jam Reload:
    #Perfect Active Reload Benefits:

The Longspear:

(Will be expanded later, this may be campaign only)
    Gearsopedia link
    This will be very similar to the boomshot.
    Last edited by Simburgur; 03-22-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Achievements

Updated Achievements for unlocks

Organ Grinder - Unlocks Scaled Down Grinder Model for MP

Smells Like Victory - Unlocks Scaled Down Flamer Model for MP

Crowd Control - Unlocks Scaled Down Mauler Model for MP

Pound Of Flesh - Unlocks Scaled Down Butcher Model for MP

Suicide Missionary - Unlocks Armoured Skorge Model for MP

Beat the Meatflag - Unlocks Franklin & Henley for MP

Seriously 2.0 - Unlocks Golden Gnasher Shotgun for MP

Seriously... (Gears 1) - Unlocks Golden Gnasher Shotgun for MP

Completed Act 2 on Insane (Gears 1) - Unlocks Chap model for MP

People who had the Original Seriously deserve something, but due to its buggyness, there needs to be another way to unlock it's reward, and Seriously 2.0 fits the job.

New Achievements

Next, Please. - 0 - Complete Gears 1, Gears 2, and Every Chronicle on Insane. - Unlocks Golden Pendulum Lancer for MP - It's 0 GP as it requires the player to have Gears 1.

? - 10 - Complete Chronicle 1 on Casual - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 15 - Complete Chronicle 1 on Normal - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 20 - Complete Chronicle 1 on Hardcoreore - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 25 - Complete Chronicle 1 on Insane - Unlocks Silver Pendulum Lancer For MP

?
    - 10 - Complete Chronicle 2 on Casual - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 15 - Complete Chronicle 2 on Normal - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 20 - Complete Chronicle 2 on Hardcoreore - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 25 - Complete Chronicle 2 on Insane - Unlocks Silver Chainsaw Lancer For MP

? - 10 - Complete Chronicle 3 on Casual - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 15 - Complete Chronicle 3 on Normal - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 20 - Complete Chronicle 3 on Hardcoreore - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 25 - Complete Chronicle 3 on Insane - Unlocks Silver Gnasher Shotgun For MP

? - 10 - Complete Chronicle 4 on Casual - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 15 - Complete Chronicle 4 on Normal - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 20 - Complete Chronicle 4 on Hardcoreore - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 25 - Complete Chronicle 4 on Insane - Unlocks Silver Snub Pistol For MP

? - 10 - Complete Chronicle 5 on Casual - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 15 - Complete Chronicle 5 on Normal - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 20 - Complete Chronicle 5 on Hardcoreore - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 25 - Complete Chronicle 5 on Insane - Unlocks Silver Hammerburst For MP

? - 10 - Complete Chronicle 6 on Casual - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 15 - Complete Chronicle 6 on Normal - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 20 - Complete Chronicle 6 on Hardcoreore - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 25 - Complete Chronicle 6 on Insane - Unlocks Silver Shredder Shotgun For MP

? - 10 - Complete Chronicle 7 on Casual - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 15 - Complete Chronicle 7 on Normal - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 20 - Complete Chronicle 7 on Hardcoreore - Unlocks Insane Mode

? - 25 - Complete Chronicle 7 on Insane - Unlocks Silver Hawk Pistol For MP

Historian - 10 - Find all the Collectables in every Chronicle Campaign - Unlocks Jace Stratton model for MP

Best of the Best - 30 - Reach Rank 5 in multiplayer (Only if they fix the lagswitching) - Unlocks Golden Hawk Pistol for MP (If they implement it)

Jack The Ripper
    - 10 - Excecute 10 enemies with the Pendulum Lancer

Daybreak - 10 - Survive your first night of Never Ending Horde on any difficulty (play never ending horde for 20 minutes).

I'm a Survivor - 10 - Go 15 minutes in Never Ending Horde on any difficulty without dieing

Get back in your hole! - 50 - Survive for more than half an hour on Never Ending Horde on Insane difficulty, then defeat General RAAM - Unlocks Golden Shredder Shotgun for MP - You cannot die during the game session in order to unlock this achievement

Nostalgic - 10 - Complete (win or loose) 100 matches of multiplayer on any Flashback map - This can include the Pendulum versions of War Machine and Fuel Depot, and any future flashback maps that are released.

Territorial - 10 - Win 10 public matches of Pendulum

Nub Pwn4r - 10 - Win 5 Pendulum matches without letting the opposing team capture more than 5 zones - It’s a Pwn4r instead of a Pwn3r for a reason, Think about it

Last Man Standing - 10 - Win 5 public matches of Anarchy

Cleanup, Aisle 4. - 10 - Kill 3 players in one shot in an Anarchy match - Can be anything; Boomshot, Grenade, Mortar etc..

Champion - 10 - Win 10 public matches of Duel

Unbroken Record - 20 - Win 10 consecutive public matches of Duel without loosing a round

Quick Draw - 10 - kill 5 Players with the Boltok Pistol in Duel - Unlocks Locust Bolter model for MP - Only 1 kill per match will count toward acheivement to stop boosting

Slaughter - 10 - Win 10 public matches of Onslaught

Bloodlust - 10 - Finish an Onslaught match with the most kills

Team Sports - 10 - Win 10 public matches of Hunter

Precision - 10 - Kill the Horde Boss 5 times in Hunter - Only 1 boss per match will count toward acheivement to stop boosting

Ooh! Shiny! - 10 - Win 10 public matches of Scavenger

Magpie - 10 - Recover 50 COG tags in total in Scavenger Matches - Only 1 tag per round will count toward acheivement to stop boosting

Secret Service - 10 - Win 10 public matches of Assasination

Hitman - 10 - Eliminate the Opposing leader 5 times in Assasination matches

Is it a bird?
    - 10 - Kill a player by causing the Chandelier on Trial to fall on them

Look at all that juice! (Or something Juice related) - 10 - Kill a player on Reaction by using the imulsion in the test tanks

Rage in the machine
    - Kill 5 players with the Troika on War Machine - Unlocks locust Gunner model for MP

Cupid - 10 - Get 10 Torque Bow Headshots - Unlocks Helmetless Theron for MP

Lambent - 10 - Kill a player with the 'Lambent' Acheivement. - Unlocks Lambent Locust model for MP - Devs could play as Lambent Locust for a launch event for the DLC to start this one spreading around

Castle Crasher - 10 - Kill 50 Palace Gaurds - Unlocks Palace Guard model for MP - Campaign kills, Horde kills, and players that are using the Palace Guard model would count towards this

BOOOM! - 10 - Kill 25 Standard Boomers - Unlocks Scaled Down Boomer Model for MP - Campaign kills, Horde kills, and players that are using the Boomer model would count towards this

Theron Thrasher
    - 10 - Kill 75 Therons of any type - Unlocks Theron Variant #3 for MP - Campaign kills, Horde kills, and players that are using theron models would count towards this

Thankyou for reading!
    Last edited by Simburgur; 01-23-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    Moved on from Gears, now working on War for the Overworld
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

i want it bad man, i read the book, which was awesome, and if they add some Aspho Fields stuff to it would be sick,

Aspho Fields was a part of the Pendulum War, where it was Marcus, Carlos (doms brother) and a girl went on a mission, i leave u with that

Hahah I registered to post in this thread. This is excellent, and I'd pay up to $15 for it

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II UnReall II

take up alottt ofspace

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II Coffey II

Well you have obviously been thinking about this. lol

I like it, but that is far too much for DLC, I would just say add the campaign bit, the lancer and a couple of maps.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tha Zilla

I applaud you dude, nice work.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rave VTS PSN ID: Rave-nhill

Sounds brilliaint

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

FAQ

Q) Epic won't use this as they would have to pay you/break copyright laws/you would sue them!

A) Not true, this is their forum, and therefore anything on it (Including this thread) is their property, just read the forum rules:
    [10] This forum and the posts within it are the property of Epic Games, Inc. If we think that someone is making the forums a less pleasant place for our customers to discuss our products, we’ll remove the messages or accounts as we see fit.

We at Epic Games want to make games that you love, and so we absolutely welcome constructive criticism of our products. We have established this forum because we really do care about your suggestions for future products. Please don’t ruin this forum by making unconstructive complaints.
    Q) WTF? THEY NEED TO FIX THE MP FIRST!?!
    A) The MP wil be patched in time, just be patient. If this does get picked up, it will not be released anytime soon, and the MP will be fixed before then

Q) Why don't you add customisable charecters?
    A) Short answer: Technical Limitations

Long Answer: All of the models in the game at the moment are solid models, not bits and peices stuck together. In order to impliment custom charecters, they would a) need to create the whole charecter creation system (Lots of work) b) create all of the seperate parts (Lots of work) and c) make sure no combinations are offensive/glitchable/cause graphical lag/cause crashes/are unfair due to hitboxes (Lots of work).

Q) Why is my question not answered here?
    A) Probably because it hasn't been asked enough to annoy me yet. But if you wan't i'll add it here, just post a reply and i'll do it.
    Last edited by Simburgur; 01-23-2009 at 06:35 AM.
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xMtHx Atlas

That actually looks pretty cool. Looks like it would be a cool addition to the game like Halo 3 Recon (no flame plz lol). Nice post :P

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurvivor0 View Post
    ...Halo 3 Recon (no flame plz lol).
    BURN HIM!!!

Nah, i'm only joking...

But seriously, EPIC need to compete with Recon in some way.
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

That idea is brilliant. Perhaps not a full-length campaign but a shorter segment to tide us over till Gears 3. (about half the lenght of gears 2 campaign)
    Last edited by Dynamic Echo; 11-09-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

[Storage] [Chronicle 1]
    Mockup Boxart by Chaosanchez:

Campaign

<Charecter names are PLACEHOLDER (aside from Hoffman/Adam/Carmine/Marcus/Dom/Carlos/Prescott), i just used developer names as a joke until the characters are fleshed out properly>

Charecters
    Just a list of charecters in the campaign so far.

UIR:
    Pvt. Rod Fergusson (main character)
    He's young, rebellious, and hates authority. he's been thrown into the middle of the war against his will.
    Pvt. Joe Graf (co-op character)
    No idea yet. Suposedly a bit like Dom.
    Pvt. Mark Rein (3rd squad member)
    He's like Chap, old & pissed off at everything.
    Sgt. Cliff Bleszinski (squad leader)
    He's a nice guy, looks after his squad, he likes to refer to the COG soldiers as 'Douchenozzles'.

COG:
    Young Hoffman (main character)
    Co-op/Secondary COG Campaign Character
    Adam Fenix
    Carlos Santiago
    Young Marcus
    Young Dom
    Armoured Chairman Prescott (Before he was chairman)

Chapter 1: Discovery
    Played as Pvt. Rod.

>Opening Cutscene: Story starts when Rod is watching TV in his teenage years. It starts of as a cartoon (Either this or this), but then he changes the channel over to a news broadcast talking about the discovery of imulsion, what it would do for the economy, etc. He's standing there, staring at the TV, then sprints over and flops on the couch. As soon as he hits, we dramatically switch to him hitting the ground, dusty, and in his armour (similar to COG armour currently. No fancy lights, different logo, looks less advanced) He's obviously dazed, then Sgt. Cliff runs up to him and crouches over him.
    >Sgt. Cliff - On your feet Son! That grenade wasn't too bad. Come on! *tosses you a Pendulum Lancer (P-Lancer from here on out)* Get some cover!
    >The area around you is a desolate wasteland, only being funnelled in by the rivers of flowing imulsion and giant drilling machines.
    >You would then be asked whether or not to go through the tutorial ("You know how to take cover, right?" LT - Yes/RT - No). The tutorial would cover the basics, no need to go into detail here.
    >Regardless of whether you did the tutorial or not, you would then be introduced to the P-Lancer.
    >Sgt. Cliff - Alright. Those COG Bas****s got us pinned down. We have been ordered to flank them. We can proceed East along the imulsion trenches until we get behind that emplaced gun!
    >This is when the game would actually start, you go and flank the gun positions, and use the turrets to take out some enemy forces.
    >You would then get orders in to go attack an enemy supply depot (Fuel Depot). You would hijack a COG Tank to sneak yourselves in.
    >Once inside, a cutscene plays. you get out of the tank (Inside the large hangar at one of the MP Spawn points - the one with the APCs people always hide behind). Your squad would then proceed to try and exit the hanger, but are spotted. The squad takes cover.
    >Sgt. Cliff - S**t! Plan B! kill ‘em all! (Or something along those lines, someone else needs to refine the dialogue)
    >End of cutscene
    >You would then proceed to defend your position inside the hanger. there are some conveniently places longshot rifles behind you.
    >Sgt. Cliff - Rod! Get one of those Snipers and try shooting the fuel drums!
    >Boom etc. COG Soldiers die.
    >When the coast is clear, you move out and enter the main building from the left hand entrance (The other way will be blocked with debris)
    >More fighting (someone else fill this area out with something interesting )
    >As you go to exit the central building, there can be an explosion, the camera is the main characters eyes, he is thrown to the ground and blacks out.
    >Flashbacks of the main characters childhood are shown, including some news broadcasts of the discovery of imulsion, and two scientists on a live TV Debate "This stuff is worthless! I have examined it myself, this substance is useless and toxic." - "Oh really? My tests have shown otherwise-" <white flash>

Chapter 2: Bastion
    >You've been in a coma for 10 years. The faint sounds of a life support machine can be heard, your vision slowly unblurs to reveal you are in a hospital.
    >Rundown of act 2 (Will be expanded later): The city you are in is attacked, you regroup with your old squad to help defend, but you ultimately loose. this could feature the War Machine MP Map. The act ends with you being separated from your squad, and ambushed by some COG Soldiers. They have Chainsaw Lancers. You are thrown into a duel with a young unhelmetted COG Soldier. You are able to press B to try and influence the duel, the duel will go slow-mo, and will last a while (30-60 seconds depending on how quick you can press B, but you & your Pendulum Lancer ultimately loose. Epic Slow-mo, camera going round the character, close ups of both of their faces. another flashback: 'life flashing before your eyes' type thing.

Chapter 3: ?
    >You are at an award ceremony, the COG Soldier from the chainsaw duel is getting a promotion. you overhear the name 'Hoffman'.
    >Played as Young Hoffman for this act
    >Carmines Ancestor will make an appearance, before it is cut short for some mysterious reason....

Chapter 4: ?
    >This will fill the time before Aspho Fields, providing a little more backstory on Hoffman & Adam Fenix
    >Played as (sligtly less) Young Hoffman for this act
    >Adam Fenix will make an appearance

Chapter 5: Aspho Fields
    >This is Aspho Fields
    >Played as Marcus & Dom
    >Carlos Santiago will make an appearance

Chapter 6: ?
    >This is the time between Aspho Fields and Emergence day, it will contain the final push against the UIR, and their final defeat. It will also provide a litte more info about how the locust came to be.
    >Played as Marcus & Dom

Chapter 7: ?
    >Emergence Day
    >Will feature a cutscene showig Dom getting seperated from Maria & the kids
    >Played as Marcus & Dom

Chapter 8: Priorities
    >The events surrounding Marcus' Trial & imprisonment
    >Played as Marcus & Dom
    >Chairman Prescott will make an appearance in one of the battles
    Last edited by Simburgur; 01-23-2009 at 06:46 AM.
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Benzilla7

Sounds great

MSgt. Shooter Person

See we need more threads like these...not everyone QQing because theyre bad.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for the comments guys, i would also really like some of your ideas/suggestions, especialy on the multiplayer modes and achievments. and try and keep the thread active
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

Banned

such an awsome concept! i want it now!

but what about a few other "assault type" weapons no doubt other factions had their own version of the rifle.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Holy Sok

I would like to think that my thread on the Pendulum Lancer helped with this one but I guess it probably didn't.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like I did. Cool.
    Last edited by Holy Sock; 11-09-2008 at 09:09 AM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

such an awsome concept! i want it now!

but what about a few other "assault type" weapons no doubt other factions had their own version of the rifle.
    It would complicate things too much, and in the artbook/cutscenes they all seemed to have the exact same weapon. any differences are too minor to make an entirely new weapon out of.

However, there could be cosmetic differences depending on your charecter model. im not sure if thats possible to do on a per-model basis, but they have done it with locust/COG and the red/blue lights.

I would like to think that my thread on the Pendulum Lancer helped with this one but I guess it probably didn't.
    Actually, im not sure if it was your thread, but i had seen 3-4 yesterday, and some people asking about the pendulum wars, but i defo got some inspration from those threads.
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

How about Jace Stratton as a character model as well as the helmetless Theron Sentinel (like the one seen at the end of Gears 1). No?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Sorry i don't know who Jace Stratton is? and yeah the helmetless theron would be cool. not sure where i would put it. a 10 Torquebow Headshot achieve?
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

They don't necessarily need to be unlocked. They could just be downloaded through DLC. Oh and Jace Stratton is the main character in the Gears of War Comics. He makes a small audio cameo in Act 2 as one of the people in the Grindlifts.

Also, what about Franklin and Henny (Henley or whatever), the other two Stranded used in the Submission gametype.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

[Storage] [Patch]
    Free Patch

Weapon Changes

Smoke Grenades:

#Stun removed completely, this is a SMOKE grenade, not a stun grenade
    #Old Gears 1 smoke effect added.
    #Smoke lasts for 20 seconds
    #Radius is 10'
    #Smoke will follow the grenade around if it is stuck to a player

Shotgun:
    Active Reload: increase fire speed by 15%, decrease hipfire scatter/increase hipfire accuracy by 33%.

Lancer:
    #Increase damage per bullet from 38 to 45. Once the chainsaw has been balanced, the lancer will be UP compared to the HB, so this minor damage increase should balance it out.
    #Chainsaw Duel: Currently when the duel is interrupted, its a bit of an antilclimax. The duel comes to a halt and one guy gets chainsawed. Instead, i think it should trigger a small sound FX (Like when your wingman dies, or a teammate is downed), and also trigger a double chainsaw, as it doesn’t make sense for the original duelist to just stop when the duel interrupted by a member of his team.
    #Chainsaw Revving: Currently, revving the chainsaw is pretty much unstoppable. In Gears 1 however it was stupid that a single bullet stunned you. So, i suggest that whilst revving the chainsaw, you take an additional 25% damage and have a chance of being stunned for every bullet that hits the front of you.
    Lancer/Pendulum Lancer/Snub pistol/Gorgon Pistol = 15% stun chance per shot
    Boltok/Shotgun = 35% stun chance per shot
    Everything else = 50% stun chance per shot
    The stun chance will stack for 3 seconds, so if you shoot 3 snub pistol shots at 1 shot per second, the first shot will have a 15% chance to stun, the second will have a 30% chance to stun, and the third will have a 45% chance to stun. however, if you shoot another bullet 3 seconds later, it will only have a 15% chance to stun. Also, a single bullet to the head from any gun or a melee will automatically stun you.

Torque Bow:
    #Reduce splash damage, you should NOT be able to kill someone without actually sticking them, even if it is active.
    #Decrease wind up speed by 20%, currently it winds up a little too fast.

Boomshot:
    #Reduce ammo to 2 shells.
    #Reduce active splash.
    #Reduce speed at which shells travel through the air.
    #Allow shells to be shot out of the air, causing mid-air detonation.

Boomshield:

#Can get into chainsaw duels, but cannot kill the enemy. if the Shield player wins the duel, the Chainsaw player is knocked to the ground (but not as severe as the smoke grenade knockback) and the Shield player is stunned for a second. If the Chainsaw player wins, the Shield is knocked away, and the Shield player is stunned, leaving them open to be chainsawed.

Wall Tags:
    #Reduce health so that a single direct lancer shot can destroy them
    #Each bullet within 1.5' of the grenade will have a 25% chance of setting off the proximity device, and therefore setting off the grenade
    #Add an additional .5 seconds after the beep before detonation to allow players more time to excape
    #Every 3 seconds a tagged grenade should beep. The beep is slightly louder than the beep you hear when the grenade is triggered, and uses the same sound beep that the tagged grenade uses when it is triggered.

Gameplay Changes

Execution:
    #Lower bleedout time to 10s, it's just not execution how it is at the moment.

Assassination:
    #Bring it back, it's not the same as Guardian, i'm not sure why it was removed.

Wingman:
    #Increase the public party size to 4.
    #Having 3 players in the party could lead to cheating, and any more than 4 could also lead to cheating (So public parties can have 1, 2, or 4 players).
    #Allow players to pair up within the party so they can stick with their wingman.
    #Teams in the same party will be spawned as far away from each other to minmize cheating.
    #The character a pair plays as should be based on their preferred character models. I want to play as Dizzy damnit
    #Delayed Weapon spawns: Power weapons will now spawn 45 seconds after the round begins, this is to stop people that spawn near power weapons having an advantage.

Weapon Cycling:

#Remove weapon cycling in Hail and Subway. Due to the uneveness of these maps, one team will always spawn with an advantage.

Respawns:
    #This will affect any multiplayer gametype with respawns
    #When a player respawns, they are invulnerable for 5 seconds
    #If the player presses RT or B (therefore being able to cause damage), this affect is canceled

Menu/UI/QoL/Backend Changes

Main Menu:
    #Instead of 'Multiplayer', there will now be 'Ranked Multiplayer' and 'Custom Multiplayer'.
    #Custom multiplayer will lead to: 'Host Custom Match' and 'Search for Public Custom Matches'
    #Ranked multiplayer will lead to the current matchmaking system (This has been revised below)

Ranked Matchmaking:
    #The matchmaking speed needs to optimized, i have no idea how, but currently it takes far too long. (Click for a detailed explanation)
    #The netcode also needs to be optimized (Click - Same link as above)
    #Host Migration needs to be added (Click - Same link as above)
    #Decent Host Selection: In the Pre-Game lobby, the game should ping all other players, then get an average response time. Then the player with the lowest average response time is chosen as the host, nice and simple.
    #Voice comm is muted during loading screens, i don't know if you are able to work around this or it was accidental, but its VERY annoying.
    #Guests: Allow guests in public matches. if you can invite people to your party why not allow guests as well?
    #Matchmaking Language: the matchmaking lists need to be separated, i hate it when I’m teamed with people that i can't talk to.
    #Ping Filter: the ability to filter out public matches that have a Xms or higher ping to you. (this could possibly be on my default)
    #Region Filter: the ability to filter out public matches that are not in X/Y/Z region. (this could possibly be on my default)

Private Matches:
    #Renamed to 'Custom Matches'
    #3 Levels of publicity:
    1) Public (Listed publicly, Open to anyone)
    2) Hidden (Hidden, Open to anyone)
    3) Private (Hidden, Invite only)
    #Public matches will be like Player matches from Gears 1, and will be listed publicly in a new menu section (Click Here to see that alot of people want player matches)
    #Hidden matches will be like Private matches from Gears 2, and can only be joined through someone gamerprofile or from an invite
    #Private matches will be like Private matches from Gears 1, and can only be joined from an invite
    #Hosts will be able to kick people mid game
    #Hosts can set up a queue of maps when starting the game (And put them on repeat if they want), so you can play continuosuly without having to return to the lobby.
    #In the pre-game lobby players will be able to press <an unused button> to notify the host that they are ready (like in gears 1, this will not be mandatoryto start the game.)

Playlists:

#Party leaders can opt to select more than one gametype to search for in cluster one (Warzone-Scavenger), and the same for culster two (Hardcore Execution - Hardcore Pendulum), this should reduce the wait for a match.
    #Gamemodes will be seperated, so the public matchmaking selection would look like this:
    (Max amount of players allowed - Gamemode name (PW = Pendulum DLC required, FMP = Flashback maps required, CMP = Combustible maps required)
    Code:
    5 - Warzone
    5 - Execution
    5 - Annex
    5 - King of the kill
    5 - Guardian
    5 - Submission
    5 - Assassination
    5 - Pendulum (PW)
    5 - Onslaught (PW)
    5 - Hunter (PW)
    5 - Scavenger (PW)
    ---
    4 - Hardcore Execution
    4 - Hardcore King Of The Hill
    4 - Hardcore Onslaught (PW)
    4 - Hardcore Pendulum (PW)
    ---
    5 - Players Choice
    5 - Flashback Players Choice (FMP)
    5 - Commbustible Players Choice (CMP)
    5 - Pendulum Players Choice (PW)
    ---
    4 - Wingman
    1 - Duel
    3 - Anarchy (PW)
    ---
    5 - Classic Horde
    10 - Never Ending Horde (PW)
    #Custom match gametype selection would look like this:
    Code:
    10 - Warzone
    10 - Execution
    10 - Annex
    10 - King of the kill
    10 - Guardian
    10 - Submission
    10 - Assassination
    10 - Pendulum (PW)
    10 - Onslaught (PW)
    10 - Hunter (PW)
    10 - Scavenger (PW)
    ---
    8 - Hardcore Execution
    8 - Hardcore King Of The Hill
    8 - Hardcore Onslaught (PW)
    8 - Hardcore Pendulum (PW)
    ---
    10 - Wingman
    2 - Duel
    10 - Anarchy (PW)
    10 - The Man With the Golden Shotgun (PW)
    ---
    10 - Freeform (PW)
    ---
    5 - Classic Horde
    10 - Never Ending Horde (PW)

End of game lobby:

#There needs to be a 'quit' button, and you should not be autokicked, some people want to talk about the mach they just played before leaving, and some people don't want to wait 20 seconds before returning to the menu. Mark Rein (Vice President at EPIC) says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    I really like this idea myself. I played an amazing game of Horde last night with a really cool group of guys. We had a great time and chatted (and sometime screamed at the oncome onslaught ) all the way through. It would have been good to have a cooling off period where we could have formed a party and played some more but the game went back to the menu right away. I felt a little let down. Luckily Xbox has a way to go back and see folks you recently played with but I agree with this suggestion. Also I'm not saying this is the only thing I agree with but this one caught my fancy enough to reply
    #Stick Together/Rematch: Give people a choice at the end of every match to stick together for the next match by pressing a button at the endgame lobby. ths will cause a marker to appear next to their name in the ingame lobby so that everyone else knows who they will be if they choose to stick together. This way, if people have a fun and balanced game, they are able to be automatically pitched with anyone else that chooses this option at the end of the game and hopefully have another fun match. People will remain on the same teams for fairness/balance.

Quitters:
    #When a player drops from the match, they should automatically get a loss.
    #When a player drops they should be replaced by a bot. the bot difficulty is dependant on the average skill of all players in the match.
    #If a player drops, and his team then looses, all team members who where not in the quitters party will be exempt from the loss, so their stats do not go down.

Options:
    #Left handed control options (not sure on the specifics, but i know people need this)

Ranking:

A Players rank should be based on:
    #K/D Ratio
    #Amount of objectives completed vs amount of objective based matches played (example: Hill captures vs KotH matches played)
    #Amount of matches played in the last month (So a new player can't come along and get 1 kill and 1 KotH capture and hop straight to the top of the table, they will need to play well for a month before they get to the top, and older payers will need to keep playing to maintain their rank)

With some mathematical magic, every player will then be given a number (the lower your number the better), this number represents their place in the universal rank table. This number will be displayed to the right of the players name in the lobby & ingame (In white, so players don't confuse it with their name) and their rank badge will seperate their rank number and name. Players will then be assigned a rank badge based on their position in the table:
    #the top 10% of players will be given the rank 5 symbol
    #the next 20% of players will be given the rank 4 symbol
    #the next 20% of players will be given the rank 3 symbol
    #the next 20% of players will be given the rank 2 symbol
    #the next 20% of players will be given the rank 1 symbol
    #the bottom 10% of players will be given the rank 0 symbol

So, say there where 1000 people who played gears of war 2 online, and i was in position 847, and i was playing as COG, my name would look like this: El Bishi ^ 847

Clan Tag:
    Allow players to add a clan tag to the beginning of their name, like COD4 did. If i was in the clan LOL, my name would now look like this: [LOL]El Bishi ^ 847

'Connection Error' message:
    This needs to come back for 2 big reasons;
    #To stop 'Standbying'
    #To allow people to leave laggy matches

Photos:
    Add a 'Delete all photos' option to the photo album.

Quickmute:
    A quickmute is needed. in between rounds/whilst holding the back button, you should be able to navigate the scoreboard with the D-pad, and highlight a player and quickmute him.

Execution/Melee/Headshot kill images:
    #Each execution should have its own unique image, as currently they all use the curbstomp image
    #The easy way to do this would be adding the weapon image before the execution image, like so:
    <killers name> <weapon picture> <excecute/sniper/melee picture> <dead players name>

Dizzy:*
    Due to Dizzy's overwhelming awesomeness, he should gain the following in MP:
    #Increase health by 300%
    #Any enemy that gets within 5 feet of Dizzy will automatically be Roundhouse Kicked. This causes the foe to fly off the map and subsequently die.
    #Spawns with Golden Shotgun: It's the same as a normal shotgun, but it's damage and fire rate are increased by 500%, and it has a 1000 foot range.
    #If his hat is knocked off, he will go into an angry rage, causing all foes on the map to run away in fear, therefore causing dizzy to automatically win the match.

*Just FYI, the Dizzy stuff is a joke (Yes, some people actually believed that it was serious.....)
    Last edited by Simburgur; 01-23-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I haven't read the comics either. But for all we know he could have been in the Pendulum Wars. Also, numerous people (myself included) think that the character model of Skorge should be updated (to include all the armour) because it looks much better.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Here we go, Updated MP Charecters:
    New Chareter Models:
    #A Named, Helmeted Pendulum Wars Soldier (like carmine, but with the Pendulum Armour)
    #Young Hoffman
    #Adam Fenix
    #Stranded for Anarchy/Wingman (Chap, Franklin, Henley, 3-4 others)
    #Jace Stratton (From the comic)
    #Lambent Locust
    #Scaled Down Boomers (Boomer, Grinder, Butcher, Mauler, Flamer)
    #Palace Guard
    #Armoured Skorge
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

And the helmetless Theron.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Ya got me.

Updated:
    New Chareter Models:
    #A Named, Helmeted Pendulum Wars Soldier (like carmine, but with the Pendulum Armour)
    #Young Hoffman
    #Adam Fenix
    #Stranded for Anarchy/Wingman (Chap, Franklin, Henley, 3-4 others)
    #Jace Stratton (From the comic)
    #Lambent Locust
    #Scaled Down Boomers (Boomer, Grinder, Butcher, Mauler, Flamer)
    #Palace Guard
    #Armoured Skorge
    #Helmetless Theron
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Ok, i have heavily updated the first post, moved everything around a bit, modified the achievements, added 'Hunter' and a few other minor things. At the moment i am really looking for some proper feedback, so any constructive posts would be appreciated, Thanks!
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Insane melon

I don't understand this post, this kinda update would take a game company a long amount of time to implement. I like a lot of your ideas but honestly I don't want more time spent on the campaign anymore, I was extremely disappointed with the gears 2 campaign. The dramatic story moments were laughable like an Arnie movie and the ending was just plain confusing.

Honestly I think it is more practical to work on a possible patch for the multiplayer. It has so many fundamental problems like poor connectivity, chainsaws, frags...the list goes on and on. These are the most urgent broken things which should have shipped at release. I couldn't care less about new character models or new campaign levels.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Kyrpt x

Quote Originally Posted by Insane melon View Post
    I don't understand this post, this kinda update would take a game company a long amount of time to implement. I like a lot of your ideas but honestly I don't want more time spent on the campaign anymore, I was extremely disappointed with the gears 2 campaign. The dramatic story moments were laughable like an Arnie movie and the ending was just plain confusing.

Honestly I think it is more practical to work on a possible patch for the multiplayer. It has so many fundamental problems like poor connectivity, chainsaws, frags...the list goes on and on. These are the most urgent broken things which should have shipped at release. I couldn't care less about new character models or new campaign levels.
    *facepalm* Epic fail. The campaign was amazing. You clearly have awful taste in stories.

But, holy ****. This expansion is EPIC!(lol pun)

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zereta

I usually hate it when people make suggestions like this here because most of the time...Its crap. But this my friend...this could actually work. Its been really well thought out and the Pendulum Wars campaign would help expand on Gears 2's story seeing as it takes a lot of references here and there.

Very good idea man. Epic, get to work!
    I'm Back
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/zereta

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

*facepalm* Epic fail. The campaign was amazing. You clearly have awful taste in stories.
    Exactly. the Gears 2 campaign was AWESOME, how could you have not liked it?
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast