Default Lost Saves / Level Skipping

I don't know if anyone officially associated with the production team of Gears of War for Windows looks at this forum...but please...if you are, could you PLEASE provide a means of which to unlock or skip levels/acts/checkpoints (ANYTHING!) in GoW for PC.

I have downloaded the latest patch but still FIVE times I have lost my saves! I am aware of this solution: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=590298

...but all that is incredibly messy and you can't even get back to the specific checkpoint you want. I'm sick of this! There must be some simple, effective, straight-forward way to use the console or something to skip the current checkpoint, or skip to a specific checkpoint...losing your saves is so frustrating! >_< It is ruining a very good game!

Someone please help! Put this problem to bed once and for all!

Or even if someone could provide ALL the console names for ALL the checkpoints of each Act. There's only like 10 or something in each Act, right? If we got all the specific console names, we could just use: open sp_blah_blah_p

...right? I'm sure someone out there understands how this stuff works...
    Last edited by AzzyDude24601; 11-07-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Iron Guard

If they were going to fix the bug they would have already. They obviously are not going to fix it.

This might help you...

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=590298

MSgt. Shooter Person

Get a fully patched Gears, LIVE, and Windows OS and don't launch the game from the auto-launcher when you insert the disc. Use the desktop shortcut or the shortcut in the games section in Vista. I never had any problems when doing this.

EDIT: I feel you, though. I had to restart the game many a times. After much fiddling and time well wasted though, as well as not using the auto-launcher, I've been able to complete all that is awesome and Gears of War. And then be completely heart-broken to hear Gears of War 2 won't make it to the PC.
    Last edited by Mac User #001; 11-07-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    PC- 22" WS / Vista Home Premium SP1 32-Bit / 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad/ 3 GB RAM / 500 GB HD / ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB RAM / DVD-RW
    SUPPORT GEARS OF WAR 2 FOR PC

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Mac User #001 View Post
    I've been able to complete all that is awesome and Gears of War. And then be completely heart-broken to hear Gears of War 2 won't make it to the PC.
    I really don't believe them when they say it won't be on the PC. They said that about gears 1 too and they lied. Its all about XBox marketing. They have to sell as many copies on the XBox as possible and when they've milked the market dry they will try to cash in on the code again and slap it on a DVD. It won't cost them much to get some third party to port it. The only reason it cost them so much the first time is because of the added content. If they don't add anything or change the engine its just a port. They would really be stupid not to do it. People say it didn't sell well on the PC but I haven't seen that many copies in my local stores lately. The ones that came out last year have all sold. Someone must be buying them. I bought one. If they want my money they should release it for PC. I'd probably still buy it even if its a buggy disaster like the first. As long as its playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrak View Post
    If they were going to fix the bug they would have already. They obviously are not going to fix it.

This might help you...

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=590298
    In future read posts a little more carefully. That link you provided is identical to the one I provided above...

Anyway, this is the best solution imo...it allows you access to ANY of the 35 checkpoints in the game...close enough for me...

Here it is: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ge...575&pid=942000

Best of luck!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrak View Post
    If they want my money they should release it for PC. I'd probably still buy it even if its a buggy disaster like the first. As long as its playable.
    Same here.
    PC- 22" WS / Vista Home Premium SP1 32-Bit / 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad/ 3 GB RAM / 500 GB HD / ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB RAM / DVD-RW
    SUPPORT GEARS OF WAR 2 FOR PC

Iron Guard

In future read posts a little more carefully. That link you provided is identical to the one I provided above...
    Dude if your gonna get picky..

Your lucky anyone even tries to help. If you already know the answers why are you asking for help???

Skaarj

Woo.. i had that problem to before this.. but the most thing i hated is " runtime error "
    Now i can't even play this game.. i don't know how to fix it.. i tried almost everything solution that a friends give ideas..

i just need help. look at this..

Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library
    ===========================
    Runtime Error!

Program:...icrosoft Games\Gears Of War\Binaries\wargame-g4wlive.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Everytime i run the game.. few sec loading. this error came out. i tried update my software "gearTU, visual C++ SP1, Windows update & Driver.. still fail to run this game.

Can anyone help me? i'm runing this game in Vista SP1 32bit.
    Q6600 @3.8Ghz, 2GB DDRII 1066 (1GBX2), GeForce GTX 260.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Kambayau View Post
    Can anyone help me? i'm runing this game in Vista SP1 32bit.
    Q6600 @3.8Ghz, 2GB DDRII 1066 (1GBX2), GeForce GTX 260.
    You have a 2.4 GHz CPU overclocked to 3.8? Maybe your system is unstable?