MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Golden Lancer Code troubles

I have a question...I tried to activate my map pack and lancer downloads, lancer first and such, while my sister was on the net. It's 108kb so it shouldn't have mattered at all, but regardless I tried.
    For some reason it stuffed up and said it could not be completed (also said that any points I had spent on the download won't be used again if I try to download it again, not that it matters because it was free)...Now I can't enter the code again because it says it is invalid.
    What can I do, I would rather like my lancer and maps..
    Help me out send me an email or something to Cartographer@live.com.au
    Cheers.
    Jubilations!

New word: Jubaliant
    Pronouced: Ju-Bal-E-Ant
    Meaning: One who is in a trimuphant or elated mood, or has a genreral trimuphant disposition.
    Copyright 2006, Atlas.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You should check if you have enough memory, which I don't you wouldn't, but might as well check, then try with you sister off if that doesn't work. Good Luck
    "On my license plate it says D Nozzle" Cliffy B

MSgt. Shooter Person

I've checked both, memory is fine, sister is off the net...It wont let me enter the code at all. It just says invalid for both map pack and lancer...
    I'm pretty pissed off.
    Jubilations!

Meaning: One who is in a trimuphant or elated mood, or has a genreral trimuphant disposition.
    Copyright 2006, Atlas.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Go to your download history.. The same thing happened to me and ALL my friends.. Are you from Australia? I think Epic might have some fixing to do...
    I think its possible that the Lambent Locust have their own leader. And I also think its possible that Raam is their leader. Think about it. He fell died and fell into a giant pool of imulsion, its likely that a Kantus revived him then Raam, being in the imuslision went lambent and now leads the Lambent Locust.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CirocObama

same thing is happening to me...just for the golden lancer though. if i go to download history and try to redownload, it stays at 1% for a while and then just says "the download could not be completed". we may have to wait til tomorrow for epic to sort some things out

Code did not work for me nor did it work for my brother. Mine stopped at 1%!! Also...was able to download maps..but can't play them. Hope this can be fixed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah I'm Australian. Same thing is happening for all my Aussie mates.
    My Gamer tag is Grenadist, if your interested and if possible EPIC needs to fix it. I want a golden hammerburst reimbursement...haha!
    It still wont work...what's going on...
    Jubilations!

Copyright 2006, Atlas.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeet P View Post
    Code did not work for me nor did it work for my brother. Mine stopped at 1%!! Also...was able to download maps..but can't play them. Hope this can be fixed.
    same exact thing happens to me: i dled the maps but not the gun. im not australian either like the other people having problems...im from the us. what the hell epic? and id also like a golden hammerburst reimbursement haha..

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

i just got off the phone with xbox customer support: they said that a LOT of people are having this issue, and that the management was aware of it. they tried to troubleshoot it with me by having me do the maintenance update and redownload the lancer, but it didnt work. so they said to wait 24 hours and call again. hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow if so many people are having this issue!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zion Warriah

Hey I'm also experiencing the same problem with the lancer download, I downloaded the maps, not tried them yet, but it went quite slow which I thought was weird, but they eventually downloaded, then I went to download the lancer and same problem, 1% then fail, I'm from the UK so it seems to be pretty much everywhere.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hmm...This is annoying...No Lancer...No golden Hammerburst. Technically there was no midnight launch for us in Australia so it's a bit unfair...we cant get the Hammerburst even if were to stay awake for hours on end. That's the reason I would like to get a code because my Lancer won't work...I want my Lancer and I would like reimbursement, especially just because of where I just happen to be living I can't get the Hammerburst.
    Gah, this is annoying!
    Jubilations!

Copyright 2006, Atlas.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Right I tried re-downloading the lancer from my history and still a-no-go, so I'm hoping it's sorted by tomorow through so update or whatever, but I wont know until like 6pm! Damn my job to hell! Good luck to everyone else who's also having this problem.
    Morpheus - "God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands."

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Zion Warriah View Post
    Right I tried re-downloading the lancer from my history and still a-no-go, so I'm hoping it's sorted by tomorow through so update or whatever, but I wont know until like 6pm! Damn my job to hell! Good luck to everyone else who's also having this problem.
    Good luck my friend...I'm Australian so I won't find out until about 11pm+ here for me, because it already is tomorrow for me...Now it feels I have to wait longer for it to possibly be fixed.
    Jubilations!

Copyright 2006, Atlas.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Big Pink Rocket

i got the hammer burst and the maps (didnt try the maps yet) but i cant get the lancer also. i really want the gold lancer. i hope they fix it soon.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HAMMER of DAVE

Same thing happened to me! I hope EPIC can fix it for us. I was playing with a friend who had both the gold lancer and the gold hammer burst. I was green with envy!

I am having the same problem. When I entered the code in the "redeem code" area of my xbox live marketplace, that I was given for buying the limited edition version of the game, I was taken to an active downloads screen and it said downloading-0%. The download had seemed to not start yet, but when I scrolled down to my options, I saw that the "continue" option was highlighted, which isn't highlighted unless the download is complete. I pressed continue and another window appeared saying, "cannot download golden lancer." In a vain attempt of blind frustration, I re-entered the code only to find yet another window telling me that the code I had entered was invalid. I talked to people online while playing in the matchmaking area and it seemed that many others are having the same issues. I would really appreciate reimbursement for my purchase, and frustration. I would highly appreciate a solution to this issue that seems to be plaguing many fans of this great game.

Go to your account mangement, go to download history, and re download the gold lancer code. it worked for me.

go to download history, select download and then continue. that worked for me, I tried watching it download like 5 times in a row and the 6th time I chose continue and it worked

I'm in CANADA and it did it to me as well. I bought the L.E. for that reason now I feel like i wasted my money...please help us epic.

WOW IT WORKED EVERYONE GO TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT THE DOWNLOAD HISTORY AND SELECT THE LANCER DOWNLOAD...IT WILL DOWNLOAD IT. Maybe the system got massively overloaded.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Big Pink Rocket

works for me now. YAY!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Yeah works fine for me too, just tried it, was too busy in Horde for the past unknown amount of hours so didn't get the chance lol, anyway good luck to those who still can't download it, and to everyone else, enjoy!
    Morpheus - "God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands."

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just got it myself...VICTORY!
    Jubilations!

Copyright 2006, Atlas.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LinkSmash

I just tried that and now when I try it says code not valid? I had tried at release but that was a no go and then got word everyone was having problems but they supposedly fixed it. Now I think that I lost the code because I tried so many times before. What the hell?!
    Wanted: Lots of hugs because I have a Cog Tag already!!!!
    Thank you so much you guys. If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't be as happy of a camper as I am. I bring the thing everywhere with me and my friends think I'm crazy/obsessed.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fonou

It still doesn't work for me even if I try to re-download it from my "download history"
    Epic, please fix it !!!

Default golden lancer

i downloaded the lancer successfully but then i went into horde mode and multiplayer mode and the lancer was still the same gray color. what's going on here?

My code was accepted, but every time I try to download it I get the "Can't Download Gold-Plated Lancer" error. Really frustrating...c'mon guys. This has to be an easy fix.

i am having the same issue!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: scottofdarwen

Default nee dhelp here plzz

Hi guys , cud do with sum help here , i allready own gow 2 and downloaded the flashback maps , and recently got gow 2 ltd ed but the codes are invalid for the maps and the gold lancer , they are new n unused so anyone any ideas ???

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UnspheredICreed

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    My Gamer tag is Grenadist, if your interested and if possible EPIC needs to fix it. I want a golden hammerburst reimbursement...haha!
    I'm in Aust but when I tried downloading I think it was something going on with my first profile, I messed around in that one and my yahoo address became my windows live ID and I couldnt make the transaction, instead I made a new account with no family settings ( saying i was over 18 and stuff ), it worked out fine..

Maybe you should try it with that? I don't know if it'll work though.
    Favourite Gear: Dominic Santiago
    Favourite Weapon: COG Gold Lancer
    Favourite Map: Pavilion

Cwuddly Panda's Awesome Fan Fic!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Cheers m8 just tried it no joy :-( , im english btw , was wondering are you supposed to put the gold lancer code in onits own or do you need to put the map codes in 1st ? i cant get any of the codes in they all say invalid ffs grrrrr

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

cheers agai m8 , but all my accounts are 18+ due to the fact i am over 18 , family settings are same . the codes are invalid for sum reason..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kinq Krash

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    I have a friend who was visiting Sydney for the last couple of months(August-January) He told me he triend to download his hammerburst and lancer with no success(stop @ 1%, like most) When he came home to the states, he tried it again and the download completed just fine. He was told 70% of the Aussie downloads didn't work, E.P.I.C. may have a glitch in the Aussie server, give it some time I'm sure they have it fixed soon.
    Gamertag: Kinq Krash 'Gears of War Fanatic'
    Support The Pendulum Wars DLC! click here!
    Typical. Don't Give the smart guy a promotion, NO, give it to a jackass instead!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: firemaster12

I am in the states and having this problem

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: zI TG Pomy Iz

i am also in the states and having this issue! PLZ DO SOMETHING EPIC! THE DOWNLOAD STOPS AT 1% AND SAYS IT CANT DOWNLOAD!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

this is ridiculous my hard drive crashed so i lost my gears stuff, i redownloaded the maps and hammerburst just fine....but ohhh that dreaded lancer! It once again starts at 1% and says it cant download! I have tried like 200 times in the past 2 days! AND IT DOESNT WORK! DO SOMETHING EPIC PLEASE!!!!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

can someone of epic plz reconsider a patch to fix this because im sorry but microsoft basicly ignores me they keep saying try in 12 hours or....go to download history...i tried it all... it doesnt work.... =(
    Last edited by tgpomy; 01-26-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Stachura14

ill give sum1 1600 ms points for a valid golden hammerburst code

It's nice to be important, but Ýt's more important to be nice!

I have the game installed to my harddrive but it does nothing. Lag + framerate drop makes it hard to play annex sometimes. The game looks pretty silly with gore off so I don't even bother with that. The reward for my hard earned headshots are seeing that head pop.

i bought GoW2 new about 2 weeks after its release last year and it did not have a golden lancer code in it. when i asked the Gamestop guy he said sorry and there was nothing he could do. my son has been hounding me on and off for the past year about getting one and have not been able to figure out where to get one. does anyone know how, or if, i can still get a code and if so what do i need to do to make this happen and maybe give my son a cmas gift of lancer.