Thread: Midnight Launch

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Katiff

Default Midnight Launch

Who's going? this is going to be fun! Best buy and future shop here are having midnight launches and they will be giving away free stuff...it sounds interesting!

Anyone else from toronto going to Dundas Square tonight?

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

Quote Originally Posted by Katiff View Post
    Who's going? this is going to be fun! Best buy and future shop here are having midnight launches and they will be giving away free stuff...it sounds interesting!

Anyone else from toronto going to Dundas Square tonight?
    I may have weaseled out of waiting in line, I'll find out later to day. Blockbuster says they sell me the game tonight around midnight if they aren't doing a midnight release. 2 minutes from my house and limited Edition and no line... It's like christmas...!
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LinkSmash

I'm gonna be waiting in line. I hope it doesn't get too cold or start raining again. For some reason, I don't think the midnight release is going to be big at the GameStop in the Berkeley campus. I don't know, for some reason, I feel like I'm the only one at my college who's way into video games haha But oh well, we'll see tonight! I'll be out there at five haha I should bring a chair.
    Wanted: Lots of hugs because I have a Cog Tag already!!!!
    Thank you so much you guys. If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't be as happy of a camper as I am. I bring the thing everywhere with me and my friends think I'm crazy/obsessed.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerShooter View Post
    I'm gonna be waiting in line. I hope it doesn't get too cold or start raining again. For some reason, I don't think the midnight release is going to be big at the GameStop in the Berkeley campus. I don't know, for some reason, I feel like I'm the only one at my college who's way into video games haha But oh well, we'll see tonight! I'll be out there at five haha I should bring a chair.
    I dunno if id be able to stand sitting in line for 7 hours...i think what i will do is drop by around 10, if its rammed im just gonna leave and go tomorrow morning around 9am and get it.

I dont have a lot of patience...i dont mind waiting though if it is going to be like a 30-45 minute thing but sitting there for 7-8 hours! I doubt i could handle that...will you be waiting alone? you should get a helper to bring you food and coffee...
    Last edited by Katiff; 11-06-2008 at 11:39 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkestJamesG

and wot about peeing? i bet uve had to stay of solids:P lol ewwwww

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestJamesG View Post
    and wot about peeing? i bet uve had to stay of solids:P lol ewwwww
    lol...maybe she will have to get some adult diapers.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I am TimO

I'm going to the midnight launch here in philly, but I won't be getting the game til xmas
    Rittenhouse Park, Philadelphia, PA COG Tag Owner

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'll be in line for a little bit maybe an hour. I'm getting sick so I think I might just cut it short as possible. Hope they have some goodies in line, to bad I'm not close to any of the big parties.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FR3SH JIV3

On the recorded message from GameStop, they are letting people in at 10 PM to take part in pre-release games, trivia and giveaways. Much better than sitting outside and waiting.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

Quote Originally Posted by FR3SH JIV3 View Post
    On the recorded message from GameStop, they are letting people in at 10 PM to take part in pre-release games, trivia and giveaways. Much better than sitting outside and waiting.
    If Blockbuster screws me I have my original Pre-order waiting, lol. Gamestop better not suck.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FR3SH JIV3 View Post
    that sounds fun, i think the best buy here is doing something similar...the closest gamestop is in a mall...but the mall cant be opened that late.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jereemyy

i am going to my midnight launch at gamecrazy.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Four hours away. I'm gonna get to GameStop by about 9:30 and see what it looks like. if a few people have started to line up, I'll hop in. If not I'll wait in my car until some people start showin' up.

Work sucked today waiting for this. I'm so stoked right now.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nihilence

Got a sick girlfriend so I can't go. Hope I can get an extra code from an employee or someone online.

Skaarj

you boys in TO are pussies I was in line for 3.5 hours in -7 outside with freezing rain and then turned to snow. I was the first one in line at BestBuy got my hammerburst, My LE box set, free swag, and a deal on a xbox 360 back pack for 10 skins, I also bought the LE set from Futureshop for the Free headshot drone & cog tags. So now I have a extra Gears 2 LE box set for sale. all for the bonus crap.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Wedgie View Post
    you boys in TO are pussies I was in line for 3.5 hours in -7 outside with freezing rain and then turned to snow. I was the first one in line at BestBuy got my hammerburst, My LE box set, free swag, and a deal on a xbox 360 back pack for 10 skins, I also bought the LE set from Futureshop for the Free headshot drone & cog tags. So now I have a extra Gears 2 LE box set for sale. all for the bonus crap.
    I dont think its a matter of being a puss, it all comes down to how badly you want it thats all.

there were a lot of people there, they even set up barrels in the subway and set them on fire like in the game and had areas in some subway stations where you could play it was so big it was even on the news lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: archN3mesis

Quote Originally Posted by Katiff View Post
    I dont think its a matter of being a puss, it all comes down to how badly you want it thats all.

there were a lot of people there, they even set up barrels in the subway and set them on fire like in the game and had areas in some subway stations where you could play it was so big it was even on the news lol
    That sounds awesome

I fell asleep at 11.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by archN3mesis View Post
    That sounds awesome

I fell asleep at 11.
    lol wtf man you are on vacation you should be up till 3am every night chasing skirt.