View Poll Results: Do you think there are others outside of Jacinto and neighbors fighting the locust?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 60.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • IDK, but it sounds possible

7 35.00%
  • You never thought of this question before

1 5.00%
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SIR BIGGLES 520

Question Other survivors?

So I was talking with some bodies at school and we got onto the discussion of GOW and we brought up the question of who else is out there fighting the locusts other then the people at Jacinto and cities close to Jacinto?

So my question to you is, do you think there are other survivors beyond the reach of Jacinto and neighbors that are fighting the locust hordes?
    By this I mean other COG bases or such of that beyond the average groups of Stranded.

The conclusion to our conversation at school ended with me having to come up with a plausible and possibly cannon story that depicts it. Which I am working on if anyone is interested, finished my first chapter already.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DiabeticJeff

Yea, there probably is more than the people at and near Jacinto.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Iceman x Z72

More than likely no, atleast outside of Jacinto and it's outlying cities. They bruned that all to a waste lkand witth the Hammer of Dawn.
    "Out numbered, out gunned, and coming up swinging everytime."

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sQ G T3rr0R

More Stranded could be possible.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlock AAO117 View Post
    More than likely no, atleast outside of Jacinto and it's outlying cities. They bruned that all to a waste lkand witth the Hammer of Dawn.
    In the story I am doing I ran into that problem when coming up with the background to it. So this is what I came up with: The cities are prime locations of manufactoring and research for the COG.
    The locust acted fast by placing a large amount of seeders around the cities (Nolls, Chalaza, Hamburg, Baska, and Gampton) which cut off communications to any outside cities and support (dubbed the seeder line).
    Nolls which is currently the only city with heavy COG presence has a saving grace of having a immulsion deposit not too far from the surface, preventing emergence holes (this takes place several days before the events of GOW1, so anyone that has played through the campaign can guess what is going to happen to Nolls). Nolls is however burdened by the never ending barrage of Nemacysts or drones.
    The COG of Nolls have resorted to sending out recon teams to gather more surviving members of stranded COG and Stranded. As well as the primary objective of eliminating any seeders and research/manufactoring plants to stop locusts from using them for their own gain.
    I am actually enjoying myself by doing this. It allows me to create an atmoshpere about what others are facing out there as well as allowing me to create new things such as a few new weapons (since it is a location of research and manufacturing) and create some of the local fauna of Sera which is never really taken upon or explained on by the makers of the game. With this back story I don't have to worry about making it intertwine to much with Marcus, Jacinto, etc or it having to be cannon or too far fetched.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fuzzballs

i never knew bodies could talk O_o
    Re-emergence begins NOVEMBER 7

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Azog 150

I always figured that Sera is a big place and will have some Rainforest's or something where there will be some tribes etc who probably don't even know humanity is on the brink of extinction. However, it depends on how long humans have been on Sera.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: patchworkz7

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    I always figured that Sera is a big place and will have some Rainforest's or something where there will be some tribes etc who probably don't even know humanity is on the brink of extinction. However, it depends on how long humans have been on Sera.
    The Gears of War:Aspho Fields novel by Karen Traviss pretty much confirms that there are pockets of humanity hanging on here and there, especially on boats and on islands.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by patchworkz7 View Post
    The Gears of War:Aspho Fields novel by Karen Traviss pretty much confirms that there are pockets of humanity hanging on here and there, especially on boats and on islands.
    Makes me wish I got the book then

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WarrENDeatH

I think its pretty obvious that there are many more people outside of Jacinto. They are going to have hell of a time defending their areas now that pretty much the ring of attacks for Jacinto are over. They now have to defend themselves against an entire army now.
    Former Gears of War Fan Fiction Writer
    Former Member of the Founding 12 Fan Fiction Writers

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II UnReall II

yeah therese got to be other survivors, sera is a hugeee place, and must be people somewhere. locust can't pop up emrgence holes everywhere. they can anywhere but not enough reosurces im assuming