Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Veteran User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas Metro Area
    Posts
    115

    Default Apologies for Retail Date mix-up

    Hey everyone - I'm not sure what happened, but my updated dates for the retail hunt for COG Tags didn't get posted correctly. The actual dates for the retail search are from October 30th - Nov 7th. The rest of the details are still correct, so you still have a great opportunity to get yourself a COG Tag!

    Apologies for the mix up.
    My Twitter - http://twitter.com/sixokay

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Prime Nightmare

    Default

    figured something happened with a communication barrier. Its cool though.


    So are these cogs already placed in there spots or do you have people place them then give out the coordinates?

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    134
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FR3SH JIV3

    Default

    All is forgiven Six. Might be some guys lookin for gas money though

  4. #4
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    133
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NTOTG69

    Default

    No worries Six, it happens.
    But... how bout a little more detail on the locations In Chicago, is it just the city proper or does it go out into the burbs? How far out? Schaumburg? Crystal Lake?

    Pretty please with Locust guts on top

  5. #5
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Clasamafied...
    Posts
    2,033
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Toddster024

    Default

    what happens if by chance nobody claims a cog?

  6. #6
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    46
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: bwoken

    Default

    No problems. Just glad to hear the opportunity is still out there.
    Future Cogowner slash Hopeful

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    39
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xSasquatch

    Default

    bummer. :/

  8. #8

    Default

    I too went on a trip hunting for the COG tags over the weekend.

    Down here in Miami, FL I went to 1 Best Buy and 2 GameStops, and both had absolutely no idea about the "Last Day" promotion. They gave me a blank stare and thought I was talking about the Limited Edition. Plus the idea of giving something away for FREE really doesn't sound good on the ears of a sales associate. These stores were absolutely clueless and I'm quite sure they will ignore the Microsoft protocol and give the COG tags to friends and family :/ .

    Stores down here in Miami have had a bad record for taking these promotional items and giving it away to the employees and not the dedicated fans and customers (Example: For the GTA IV and Halo 3 launches the Best Buy I went to were supposed to give away T-Shirts and other goodies, but the manager told me that they gave them away to the employees, so we got nothing)

    I certainly hope these COG tags don't "mysteriously disappear" and our searches would have been for nothing. Six Okay, do you mind if you can post some hints to the stores that WILL be receiving the COG tags so I and others can save some gas (Miami traffic is INSANE). I mean the "Florida: Miami, Fort Lauderdale" is VERY vague and I really am not up to go on a wild goose hunt for nothing. Plus there are 4 Best Buys, 4 Circuit Cities, and approx. 45 GameStops in Miami, FL so finding which store has them is going to be grueling without any type of hints!

    Many, many, many thanks Six Okay for at least sending some COG Tags down here to Sunny Miami Florida!

    Good Luck to all! (I hope us Epic Forums posters get some of these COG Tags! We love ya Epic for doing this kinda thing and thank you all for such an interesting and fun Viral Campaign!!!)

    HKK-

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scotland,Ayr
    Posts
    1,214
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: monkeyrfc1690

    Default

    no uk 1s awe well hope theres still a chance

  10. #10
    Veteran User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dallas Metro Area
    Posts
    115

    Default

    I don't know specifics on which stores will have them, unfortunately. That's up for them to decide locally, as far as I know. If you're in one of the stores, though, look for the sales associate wearing a Gears of War button on their shirt, and make sure to ask them about the button. If they've got COG tags left, you'll snag one.
    My Twitter - http://twitter.com/sixokay

  11. #11
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Okay View Post
    I don't know specifics on which stores will have them, unfortunately. That's up for them to decide locally, as far as I know. If you're in one of the stores, though, look for the sales associate wearing a Gears of War button on their shirt, and make sure to ask them about the button. If they've got COG tags left, you'll snag one.
    Why isn't this taking place in more cities? I know it's supposed to be something rare and hard to come by, but what about people who might not have a chance to get one via coordinates, and aren't close enough to any of the cities listed?

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Rand0m 0wNaGe

    Default

    why do a bunch of people have gears 2
    i hope epic banns em or im gonna be pissed
    theyre ruining the game by posting vids of campaign and stuff

  13. #13
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UNKNOWN @ this time!
    Posts
    55
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RayMax360

    Big Grin Gog Tag give away!

    Hey.. check this out! It talks about the store give aways. I'm not sure if all stores in the US are involved, but it only lists about 14 cities. Good luck to all!!


    http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/cmblog.aspx
    Last edited by Raymax; 10-28-2008 at 08:09 PM.

  14. #14
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Clasamafied...
    Posts
    2,033
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Toddster024

    Default

    im with hellknight. 70 gamestops in "miami" alone(according to yellowpages.com), 19 bestbuy's, and 8 circut cities. for ft. lauderdale, 6 C.C., 24 B.B.,and 47 G.S.. I live inbetween miami and ft.lauderdale, chances are it would cost around $200 for gas if i chose just one city. i dont suppose you know/can say if itll be a busy/main/popular store or one of those little "hole in the wall" corner stores, because theres one i saw that said apt. 220 (not even suite it said apt.) and if the store will have more then 1 cog? any extra clues would be great Six.

  15. #15
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellKnightKilla View Post
    I too went on a trip hunting for the COG tags over the weekend.

    Down here in Miami, FL I went to 1 Best Buy and 2 GameStops, and both had absolutely no idea about the "Last Day" promotion. They gave me a blank stare and thought I was talking about the Limited Edition. Plus the idea of giving something away for FREE really doesn't sound good on the ears of a sales associate. These stores were absolutely clueless and I'm quite sure they will ignore the Microsoft protocol and give the COG tags to friends and family :/ .

    Stores down here in Miami have had a bad record for taking these promotional items and giving it away to the employees and not the dedicated fans and customers (Example: For the GTA IV and Halo 3 launches the Best Buy I went to were supposed to give away T-Shirts and other goodies, but the manager told me that they gave them away to the employees, so we got nothing)

    I certainly hope these COG tags don't "mysteriously disappear" and our searches would have been for nothing. Six Okay, do you mind if you can post some hints to the stores that WILL be receiving the COG tags so I and others can save some gas (Miami traffic is INSANE). I mean the "Florida: Miami, Fort Lauderdale" is VERY vague and I really am not up to go on a wild goose hunt for nothing. Plus there are 4 Best Buys, 4 Circuit Cities, and approx. 45 GameStops in Miami, FL so finding which store has them is going to be grueling without any type of hints!

    Many, many, many thanks Six Okay for at least sending some COG Tags down here to Sunny Miami Florida!

    Good Luck to all! (I hope us Epic Forums posters get some of these COG Tags! We love ya Epic for doing this kinda thing and thank you all for such an interesting and fun Viral Campaign!!!)

    HKK-


    i agree!!! miami/ft laud is a huge area!!!!!!!! i have 8 gamestops within in a 10 mile radius of my house and i live out by the everglades near sawgrass mills.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    39
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xSasquatch

    Default

    miami has it easy.. :/

    think about us in chicago.

  17. #17
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Clasamafied...
    Posts
    2,033
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Toddster024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xSASQUACH View Post
    miami has it easy.. :/

    think about us in chicago.
    chicago: 138 gamestops, 73 best buys, 31 circut citys.
    thats all in one city.

    117 gamestops, 43 best buys, 14 circut citys
    for miami/ ft. lauderdale

    granted it not as much but ours span over 2 cities.
    itll be roughly 41 cogs per city, if the last 575 go to the cities.
    the best option i can think of is to call ALL the stores and ask them if they are doing the last day thing, legally they shouldnt be able to answer so if they say i cant answer then thats your store. and make sure you ask for a manager first. id type more but i gotta run.

  18. #18
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I think I'll have a really good chance here in Fort Collins, Colorado:

    1 Best Buy, 1 Circuit City, 2 Gamestops.

  19. #19
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    57
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Black Gorrilla

    Default

    im so upset that i found out about this. i would rather not know about these cogs... than to know and not get 1. Ouch for the fans and collectors that don't get one... im sure it's gonna cost me some $$$ to get my hand on one(gas and time wise.)

  20. #20
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UNKNOWN @ this time!
    Posts
    55
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RayMax360

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Gorrilla View Post
    im so upset that i found out about this. i would rather not know about these cogs... than to know and not get 1. Ouch for the fans and collectors that don't get one... im sure it's gonna cost me some $$$ to get my hand on one(gas and time wise.)
    That does suck! I wonder if I'll have any luck within the next week? And I wonder why they picked just these cities? Is it just the listed cities or can it be cities located within and around the main city? AHHHH.. so many questions?? They should have some kind of phrase, when you go into the stores. (Are the cog tags as shiney as a new lancers chainsaw? ) That was my attempt at some humor.

  21. #21
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    72

    Default

    this is useless!!! there are 48 gamestops in just the fort lauderdale area. i have called half of them and not a single knows anything about this promotion. that doesnt include the numerous Best buys and circuit cities we have here.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Since it says you are supposed to spot a guy wearing a gears pin Im guessing they wont tell you on the phone. Maybe you need to get off your ass and go to the shops for a look.
    Thats what I would do if it was my area!.
    Last edited by Sneeaky; 10-29-2008 at 04:56 PM.

  23. #23
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    57
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Black Gorrilla

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeaky View Post
    Since it you are su[pposed to spot a guy wearing a gears pin Im guessing they wont tell you on the phone. Maybe you need to get off your ass and go to the shops for a look.
    Thats what I would do if it was my area!.
    after driving in Miami traffic you would reconsider that statement...

  24. #24
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    23
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NDrew2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeaky View Post
    Since it you are su[pposed to spot a guy wearing a gears pin Im guessing they wont tell you on the phone. Maybe you need to get off your ass and go to the shops for a look.
    Thats what I would do if it was my area!.
    If that were the case, then you could get at least ONE employee to acknowledge that the promotion was going on, but every store I've called, no one has even known what the heck I was talking about.

  25. #25
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    57
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Black Gorrilla

    Default

    where did you guys see that gamestops will have them? i cant find that info.

    Thanks.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    You are supposed to look for them!

    Calling in and reserving one isnt really inkeeping with the current 'hunt' theme.
    Good luck anyway.

  27. #27
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    57
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Black Gorrilla

    Default

    where did you guys see that gamestops will have them? i cant find that info.

    Thanks.

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    read the blogs on last day page

  29. #29
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    72

    Default

    because people seem to be having a hard time with this

    But the worldwide scavenger hunt isn’t the only way to get your mitts on one of these highly collectible COG tags. Between October 30th and November 7th, look for sales associates wearing special Gears of War buttons inside Best Buy, Circuit City, GameStop, and Game Crazy locations in these cities:

  30. #30
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    72

    Default

    dang it for some reason it keeps double posting my post

  31. #31
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeaky View Post
    Since it you are su[pposed to spot a guy wearing a gears pin Im guessing they wont tell you on the phone. Maybe you need to get off your ass and go to the shops for a look.
    Thats what I would do if it was my area!.


    yeah thats a great idea!!! why didnt i think of that! lets see the promo is going to last for 9 days and covers 2 major cities, add up all the possible store locations for the two cities that is easy over 250 locations to pick from covering close to a 300 square mile area. also toss in the fact that not each and every store will be doing this also add in the fact we have no idea which days each store will be doing this if in fact they are even doing it in the first place! so lets re cap 9 days, 250 possible locations, 300 square miles, each location is open from 9 am to 10pm so constant coverage of each location is a must! yeah gee what was i thinking when i decided to call a few places ahead of time to see if they even knew what the hell the promo was in the first place!! silly me!!

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemeanlincoln View Post
    yeah thats a great idea!!! why didnt i think of that! lets see the promo is going to last for 9 days and covers 2 major cities, add up all the possible store locations for the two cities that is easy over 250 locations to pick from covering close to a 300 square mile area. also toss in the fact that not each and every store will be doing this also add in the fact we have no idea which days each store will be doing this if in fact they are even doing it in the first place! so lets re cap 9 days, 250 possible locations, 300 square miles, each location is open from 9 am to 10pm so constant coverage of each location is a must! yeah gee what was i thinking when i decided to call a few places ahead of time to see if they even knew what the hell the promo was in the first place!! silly me!!


    I suppose what I meant to say to you was if you're too lazy to go look you wont be getting or deserve one.
    Whats special about you that you think you are owed one anyway?
    Last edited by Sneeaky; 10-29-2008 at 04:50 PM.

  33. #33
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Damnit. I thought all Gamestop stores were going to get some.
    EDIT: Are they, or only in those cities?
    Last edited by Barcode711; 10-29-2008 at 04:57 PM.

  34. #34
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeaky View Post
    I suppose what I meant to say to you was if you're too lazy to go look you wont be getting or deserve one.
    Whats special about you that you think you are owed one anyway?
    oh im sorry i missed the post where i said i was owed one? i simply said i called not just a few but almost all of the gamestops as well as best buys in the area and none knew what i was talking about. do i plan to go looking of course i do hunting for them is what makes them fun. what kinda of idiot wouldnt call ahead to see which stores are doing this? i didnt ask for specific times and dates i just simply what to know if they even have any clue what so ever about the promo.

    you do realize without knowing which stores are actually doing this its no different than sixokay saying "hey there is a cog tag somewhere in the city of fort lauderdale and we arent going to post coordinates, go find it!"

  35. #35
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barcode711 View Post
    Damnit. I thought all Gamestop stores were going to get some.
    EDIT: Are they, or only in those cities?
    its only in the cities listed and even then not all of the actual stores there, its anyone's guess as to which actual gamestop, best buy, and circuit city stores in those cities will be participating in the promo.

  36. #36
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I see. Thanks.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •