Default Could Gears make a decent strategy game

I'm kind of curious on how many people think that it would be a good idea?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Final IBoss

It would be, and I'm sure eventually.
    It will be.
    Take it away, The moments that make up eternity.

Im jotting down some random ideas for a tabletop strat game. If anyones interested ill post the ideas.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Prod1gy X FXA

id love to see a tabletop game..

or a gears of war neca figure..
    battle scene pack,
    with a revan
    a brumack,

and a few cog and locust figures..

I have a good idea how to incorperate cover, blindfire, and even active reload. However, im afraid i dont know how im going to incorperate an army of cogs. Sure they have people veterans and characters but im not sure how to really incoperate the back bone of the army. Not everyone is like Marcus and Dom. I need some ideas on getting multiple COG soldiers on the field.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KILLTHEIF

There have been threads based on things exactly like this so if you want to base that on something you can look those up, I'm pretty sure a RTS would be a good enough idea as Halo Wars.
    "Life is cruel.... Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you."

Skaarj

Kinda like halo wars?
    HOPE RUNS DEEP

I dont think you can really compare Gears to halo other then they both have guns. Halo was meant to be a run out in the open and gun people down type game. Gears is alot more tactical. Mostly the strategy comes from outmanovering your enemy. As far as a video game and not a tabletop game would go id picture it more like world in conflict or warhammer40k squad command (for anyone who played it on psp or DS). But even then id picture it to be alot different.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L689511

GOW tabletop or RTS would be a fantastic idea, it will come out eventually, just give it a couple of years for epic to finish the GOW series, then they might start on an RTS
    You See?
    The Kids, They Listen To The Rap, Which Gives Them The Brain Damage, With Their Hippin' And The Hoppin'
    And The Bippin' And The Boppin', So They Don't Know What The Jazz Is All About! You See? Jazz Is Like Jello Pudding, No! Actually It's More Like Kodak Film, No!
    Actually Jazz Is Like The New Coke, It'll Be Around Forever!
    Ha Ha Ha....

I'm still jotting down some ideas for it and i came accross a thought. If i made rules to build a strandad army would anyone even bother to play it?

Redeemer

If Gears sells enough, a strategy game is on the horizon, even if Epic doesn't make it.

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Meh.......I really want ANYTHING Gears related....so I may be biased........
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hellscafe

After reading the book, its pretty easy to see how you could make a strategy game based on The Pendulum Wars... The COG, The Indies, and The Locust as the teams, each have soldiers, ranks, vehicles, buildings, unique traits, etc. Its almost like they're already setting it up...
    Yep, I'm the same Hellscafe that was wearing the pig mask and asked for Adam and Morgan's gamertag on X-play back when Gears 1 came out. They never gave them to me, but they aired my video and filled my friends list on XBL the next day with fellow Gears players. Still been playing with some of them ever since.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WadiumArcadium PSN ID: WadiumArcadium

I think it could work as long as they have a good team. I mean, you can base a strategy game on most shooters as long as you have enough varities which Gears certainly does.
    "Itĺs the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"
    Thanks to Provocative for the golden Hammerburst!
    Thanks to nikkymon for the Infected Omen skins!
    \\*//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MitchellsAD

Funny, I brought this idea up with my boyfriend a while ago; I think the setting of Gears would make a fantastic RTS, considering it is very tactical and strategic. Hell, you could cover the Pendulum Wars in an RTS, how about it Epic? Wink wink nudge nudge. =P
    - Gears fan, ex-UT'99 player, mass editor of posts, friendly positive face, and female (gasp)

Favs;
    COG: Dom - Locust: Kantus
    Weap: G. Lancer

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Azog 150

I think a Gears game in a similar style to Company of Heroes or Dawn of War would be absolutely amazing. Think about it, they employs cover, DOW has some great close combat kills, you can garrison building, get special weapons or call in airstrikes (Could replicate Hammer of Dawn or other orbital lasers) the new DOW is more realistic in that you now call in reinforcments rather then building them etc. The Locust reinforcements could come from underground.

Also, like the other post said, it could expand into the Pendulum Wars. Anyway, Company of Heroes style Gears of War RTS= Greatness

MSgt. Shooter Person

a gears board game is in the works. fantasy flight games (who made the starcraft and doom boardgames) announced it in april but haven't said much more since. not technically a strategy game but (if it's like their previous stuff) it'll include plenty of minis for use in whatever tabletop game we fans want to make up.

MSgt. Shooter Person

LOL; its funny you bring this thread up! Cause recently ive been converting and modelling Warhammer 40k space marines and their weapons into a Cog army, their helmets are very similar to that of the gear's; (And their are ways of creating your own weapons and models) The space marines also use chainsaws in their weaponry; so you can cut parts of the chainsaws out and stick em' on the lancer models.
    Its easy to do, but i dont know what to do for the locust ! !
    ____,....--!--,,----.....,,,,I_
    l l'--"'_; c>>O===;!!!!!!!!!!!\====
    `` /_/-';l /__/;>;>;>;>;>;>;^

Support the Pendulum Wars DLC! Click Here!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think it'd be really easy to make as a RTS. I mean Marcus, Dom, and the rest of Delta weren't the ONLY people fighting the Locust. I'm sure there were some epic [no pun intended] scale battles in the time between E-Day and GoW 1.

Banned
    A place near a place near your place spying on your place.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iKoRnZi x T c

I wonder if there will be a: GEARSMONOPOLY.................lol

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ExternalB 0 S S

Whoooo hooo Sooooo hot! Take