Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Map - Team Deathmatch (PC) DM-Plaza - Massive scale, Action Packed [PICS][PC][UPDATED][AWESOME][MSUC-P2]

Name:
    DM-Plaza

Version:
    1.1 (If the preview screenshot isn't high res, you have the wrong version)

Compatibility:
    UT3 Version 1.3
    PS3 version - ?

Update - Lighting on players and weapons is totally buggered since the Titan patch...bummer

Description:
    "A stunning deathmatch arena with unique features, brilliant flow and design, high caliber graphics, and plenty of health, and power-ups. Made for large scale Team Deathmatch battles, ideal for 32 player competition."

Comments:
    Deployable items, no global post-processing effects, no claustrophobic-hallway architecture, smooth flow in layout, and other features to make for better gameplay

See the included readme for thoughts...enjoy

Screenshot:

Credits:
    All Me
    Thanks to many others who made it possible for me to get this done though, and to all those who take the time to play it
    Thanks to Epic for UT3 and its editor

Download:
    Download here - PC
    http://www.fileplanet.com/files/190000/193339.shtml
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=45XJTXUS

PS3:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+PlazaP.../fileinfo.html
    Last edited by Distant Land; 08-31-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Boomshot

look really nice D/L
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Obliged...lemme know what you think

MSgt. Shooter Person

Man I was the 2nd one who downloaded your map and as soon as I got it I've been playing on it.

You aren't kidding when you said MASSIVE Escale... I only get 14 frags in a 10 min game with 24 bots and I win the game!!!

This is one of the bigest maps I've ever seen!!!

There are too much health capsules around but it's ok.

I never found the Redeemer... (your map is big!!!) but I was able to find almost all the other weapons.

The ammunitions are almost all in one place... sure you put some here, more there, but if you need something just go to "the mall" and find whatever you need.

I like your map, great job!!!
    "Yo he esculpido en cenizas viendo llegar un huracán que irá disolviendo el mineral del alma"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks a lot, glad you dig it...I put a lot of work into it

It's pretty big but once you learn the sections it's easy to understand where you might want to go and how you want to approach a battle. There's ammo everywhere, typically one set of it per section, and I think there's at least 2 or 3 of every weapon (including 2 redeemers) scattered through each major area, you'll always stumble across something pretty quick, and once you learn the layout you can decide what loadout you wanna make your way towards. My favorite is dual pistols + the berserk in the tree, or flak cannon from the top of the office and charging into battle with invulnerability and spidermines.

As for health, even with it everywhere the game is still so fatalistic...with max health and armor your still only able to survive so much, so I wanted people to be able to keep up the pace of the battle if they keep moving and picking things up....I think it has a pretty good amount, but sometimes healthy bots put up a hell of a fight.

With lower players the battles can be a bit thin though...deathmatch with 32 players is crazy and hectic...Team Deathmatch at 32 is better for a little more serious play. You'll always stumble across battle pretty quickly, and have people to back you up, rather than have all the focus on you...

Thanks again, good to hear feedback...it's gotten like 40 downloads so far but you're the first to respond, awesome
    Last edited by Distant Land; 10-18-2008 at 11:03 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

it's been downloaded a bunch but I haven't really heard from anyone yet...feedback is greatly appreciated if anyone spends some time with it

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Distant Land View Post
    it's been downloaded a bunch but I haven't really heard from anyone yet...feedback is greatly appreciated if anyone spends some time with it
    What!? No feedback from the others!?

C'mon guys, this guy works pretty damn hard trying to bring us a top notch quality map and I'm sure he made it!!!

Lets leave him any feedback, it will only takes a few minutes.

I'm still playing on it, as I said before is pretty big so I need to know pretty well the entire map... no matter what it takes.
    "Yo he esculpido en cenizas viendo llegar un huracán que irá disolviendo el mineral del alma"

Prisoner 849

Don't forget that CBP2 and MSUC-stage2 finished recently so you'll probably find that a lot of people are playing a lotta good quality maps atm. I'm sure you'll get the feedback you need, but you'll need to give peeps time to digest all these recent maps.
    Once I've tried it I'll post some comments for ya.
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yea, no doubt...there's some good entries this phase...still waiting for mine to be posted

Prisoner 849

Thumbs up

Interesting map. Tried on TDM with 29 bots.
    At first I thought "It's not that big" then I spawned in the Asian theme area, for the first time, and thought "where tha hell am I" LOL. After running around thereafter...I realized just how big it was. :P

Interesting concept and use of themes and colours with lots of action, especially around the centre of the map. Was good to still see action in the areas away from the centre and the fact that if you spawn in the outer areas you eventually will gravitate towards the center into the heart of the action.

My suggestions for future updates; (I'm no expert though so take it with a grain of salt )

Maybe desaturate some of the coloured lighting. To me bold colour lighting schemes work well in small, tighter levels but don't look as good in larger levels. I noticed you have light sources(meshes) as a source for the lighting but the boldness of the colour didn't seem to suit the mesh/source. The lanterns is a good example of this. The bold colour in my eyes didn't suit the lanterns. If you wanted to keep the bold colours use meshes where there's a larger 'mesh light source'.(eg like a fluro tube rather than a lantern)

Make additional paths out of the water section near the water spout. Unless I missed'em (which I probably did due to bots hunting me down) there only seemed to be one way out of the water which could take a while to get to hence making me avoid the water. You could otherwise lower the paths (or raise the water) above the water to allow players to get out pretty much anywhere. This would make it more attractive for players to take a dip rather than avoiding it. The spout was a good idea. I found myself using it a few times to get to the upper level.

Hopefully my comments may help you out!

Apart from that it's a fun map with lots of action that I'm sure peeps will enjoy. Also being a large map it ran suprisingly well with 29 bots!!
    Looking forward to see what you come up with next.
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

MSgt. Shooter Person

oops, double-post
    Last edited by Distant Land; 10-20-2008 at 04:52 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks...Glad you liked it

Yea...it's pretty huge. But deceptively so...because the action flows the way it does and the architecture is sort of broad, it's complex enough to be broken up into two main understandable areas I think the LRC room and the plaza itself are both main areas, depending on where you decide to spend your time. In the Robot complex, the battles are tighter, but a little more multi-layered, while the plaza is more open with conflict usually between two areas of the outside, firing across the center.

I actually wanted that water area to be sort of a hazard...there's health and other goodies in there, and it's another form of cover in the center, which is the widest open part...you're supposed to jump in there to get away or to heal up, then have to move out of the center a ways...if people could jump up right away (the fountain could have been low enough for instance) the center action would be too chaotic, where now you can sort of lock it down, force people into the water, and have some fun water battles too....plus it makes a bit of downside for going into the water to grab what you might.

In the areas where you really have a lot of colors (the pool for instance) I focused more on how they blend, so one thing wasn't too strong, while the LRC area is supposed to be sort of minty, but have that dark underbelly, and look brighter because it's an inside area, while the outside looks darker and more night-timey. But I'm sure color is gonna be the most 'controversial' thing...some people think games should be colorful, others don't have rods and cones...while this has pretty bold colors, I think they're pretty unified...in every given section you're only fighting among a couple main colors at once, and they're very appealing, even if bright. I'd think bolder colors would work less in a small map...it'd be too disjointed for too small of an area, while this one has a theme for each section.

In general I was matching up most of the colors to the meshes...I can't think which one you might be referring to...maybe the lights outside the restaurant? But shoot those and you'll see why it's sort of a focused light...they're one of my favorite distractions.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback though, I'm glad people are playing it.
    Last edited by Distant Land; 10-23-2008 at 03:50 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Another dl link please.
    Epic not to fear as the Freak is still here.

2K4
    ~Freak's World~ 204.80.93.48:7777
    DM server

~White Widow's AM Lair~ 72.249.10.38:7777
    AM server

Sanctuary~72.249.10.45:7777
    Tam server

MSgt. Shooter Person

the one up there is the current version...is it not working for you?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky1 View Post
    Another dl link please.
    Yep, I won't use fileplanet either but I really want this map!
    SCREEN -> 30" DELL 3008WFP. CASE -> Thermaltake Speedo Advance. MOBO ->Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme. CPU -> Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6ghz. VID -> 2 x Palit GTX 580 in SLI (WOW). MEM ->12GB Corsair 1600mhz. PSU -> Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w Modular. HDD -> 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 2E SSD + 512GB Saegate HDD. SPEAKERS -> Logitech Z-5400. KEYB -> Logitech G15. MOUSE -> Micrososft Sidewinder. OS -> Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Mirror:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=45XJTXUS

Thanks for the interest...I was getting bummed cause a bunch of people were only seeing the rougher version, and this version is way better.
    Last edited by Distant Land; 10-22-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Can you post a Ps3 mod of this plz! I can't recook it ><

MSgt. Shooter Person

sure...check back...I'll toss up a PS3 cook soon

AWesome! Ty so much!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey, so I thought I'd be able to do a PS3 version but I don't have some framework thing that I need to run the modtools. If anyone wants to do a PS3 cook I'd be really grateful though.

i tried...but it never cooked properly...thats why i asked you to do it

MSgt. Shooter Person

my favorite way to play your map is with 64 bots, slomo, and low gravity. low grav makes the strafe dodge into an alien lunge from AVP (which i've been playing a lot of recently). slomo makes the action fit the tempo of more chilled out beats. and 64 is a good fit, it's what i'd also suggest for my levels since at 128 you never can find a vehicle.

Skaarj

The more I play it, the more I don't want to play the maps that came with the game (although nothing quite beats the catharsis of a 32 player Facing Worlds headshot fest).

You were right... although it took a couple games to get the flow for the map down, I'm not getting stuck in one area anymore and I can always find people to kill.

You talk a lot about being into games that have a good sense of flow and action to them, and it's cool to see you put your money where your mouth is and demonstrate what you mean by it.

And, of course, having enforcers down as a pick-up makes it innately way-cool.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yea, I prefer customs people have made over the default ones much more now too. This one feels most like what I remember of UT99 deathmatch too (maybe an Atol remake ebu?). And just has area/ranges/power-ups for fighting that's much more enjoyable with the weapons...not that all maps have to be so wide-open, but I'm sure 99's were much less cluttered and a bit bigger than 3's, even when in small spaces and hallways.

And while critical, I don't really want to be a critic. I'd rather try to improve upon designs and learn from what's come before. While this map came out great I think, for just feeling it out room by room, it's like a neat lego construction to me. I think I don't like being constrained by UT's actual game much, or maybe just by my first idea. Maybe I need to make more maps to feel more established at it/expand on what can be done. That expansion could be a great addition of new content too.

There's a huge number of talented, but unsuccessful people out there, so it was good to do this as this was as significant thing as I could do in a game, right now. I'm really glad I ended up putting so much time/effort to it and finishing it, and I'm proud that it's getting so much play. So thanks, glad you guys dig it.

I'm still gonna try to have a PS3 cook up soon for anyone interested.
    Last edited by Distant Land; 10-27-2008 at 10:25 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Update: Sorry to anyone hoping for a PS3 version...in one of several reinstalls I lost the uncooked version, and I guess I needed that original one to convert it proper.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is a good looking map. I think the screens are awsome, but this is the low spec. right?

Prisoner 849

Added it to ut3.game-maps.net

Thanks for making this map. Do you have any objections if i were to add this map to a future DM mappack?
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

well I love the bright colors and only problem I see from spectateing is bots like playing in the water fountain the worsed one for this at the moment seems to be Loque.
    A big Necris fan since the first time I got my hands on UT99. Join more Necris fans Here!
    Send in the clowns.The Nitwitts.
    Quote Originally Posted by phalanx View Post
    admin addbots 1
    *Loque joined the game*
    Oh no!!!
    *shuuders at ut99 Loque*

MSgt. Shooter Person

Rockin...thanks Zunnie...no objections, a map pack would be cool, just toss me a link if you ever do.

Thanks Kazi. It was a last second change to try to fix that water bit...There's a version floating around that has a worse water exit...before, they really didn't understand how to get out of it, now they can a bit at least, but still with some difficulty. I didn't quite understand the logic of bot paths when I made that exit. I also wished they could have gotten out of the vehicle bay easier, but the circular door couldn't be resized much by the time I got most of that area done.
    Last edited by Distant Land; 01-04-2009 at 06:57 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Distant Land View Post
    Update: Sorry to anyone hoping for a PS3 version...in one of several reinstalls I lost the uncooked version, and I guess I needed that original one to convert it proper.
    oh man, thats a real shame. The map looks very nice, you did a good job
    psn = TeflonToken

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank ye...if anyone's able to do a PS3 version anyone, that'd be great, but I don't know how, and the mod tools say I need some .net framework.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Got a PS3 version up:

http://files.filefront.com/DM+PlazaP.../fileinfo.html

Big thanks to The Demon Slick, king of PS3 cooking. I hear it works pretty well, with maybe a texture error here and there. Thanks for all the downloads guys...I'm really happy so many people have picked it up (400!). I hope to do another one soon but don't know if I'll have the time.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Its BIG! Its Shiny! Its MINE!! awesome work
    We are the ones who will still remain when all is laid to waste
    We are the ones who, when angels cry, will see them face to face
    We are the ones

MSgt. Shooter Person

hehe, Thanks, I'm still proud of it. I'm working on another one now that might turn out really crazy if I can get it done

MSgt. Shooter Person

Visually pleasing, nice weapon selection/placement, surprises everywhere, and just plain fun. Absolutely love it. I couldn't stop playing it last night. IMO, this is one of the best maps I have seen. Nice work.
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome...thanks a lot, glad you like it. I'm really glad it's getting so much play...people are digging it I guess. In-game it really stands out like I wanted it to as a really fun map to play on.
    Last edited by Distant Land; 01-11-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Plz more mirrors.

I'm not installing their download manager.
    And I shall not be the only one.

MSgt. Shooter Person

no doubt...Megaupload link has been put on the first page, thanks for checking it out.

MSgt. Shooter Person

There were two funny glaring graphical glitches in this that totally hid in an architectural blind spot for me. I always wonder how many people out of how many have played has seen them. Sames goes with the secret items around the stage...The first is in the container docking bay..

I really hope to get another map done at some point, but it won't be for a long while...I think I could do a lot more with a map based on what I learned with this...Thanks to everyone that's played

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDemonSlick

Apologies, but filefront deleted the ps3 version.... just vanished. I reuploaded and I'll post new link tonight.
    Server Admins and PS3 hosts... Your machines are crying out for JUSTICE!!! http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=683493
    The Demon Slick went BOOM!
    http://www.freewebs.com/boomshouse/
    The Skaarj Return! Thanks to EE. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=680443

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast