Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Xcase View Post
    Absolutely incredible . Can't wait to see what you all can come up for this in terms of puzzles .
    Speaking of puzzles, I seen to have come across a problem on the Hard map; when I get to the final phase of my "sabotage", it seems that, invariably, one of my quantum states never appears where it's supposed to and the whole thing falls to pieces. If you could tell me whats wrong or acknowledge this if it is a bug, I appreciate it.

Amazing mod...
    -Xcase
    Yeah, there are a few problems with movement and firing accuracy of the quantum states. It's one of my main problems to address for the next release.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I only just got around to playing this. It's amazing! You guys are incredible, I love this mod. The last puzzle... I was stumped over it and then suddenly everything just clicked. I actually laughed out loud at the solution

We need more! And teach people how to make maps for it! I tried opening one in Unreal Ed to take a gander but it crashed.

Glad you enjoyed it. And I'm glad people aren't having too much trouble with Breach, I tried to make it as obvious as possible what you needed to do to get past it, and foreshadowed it in the tutorial.

I'm going to be releasing a mapping tutorial with the next version, there are a lot of hacky things in this one that mappers shouldn't have to deal with. There's also a new gameplay element that I'm introducing that will make for more variety in the maps.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tenebre

I just tested Prometheus last week, and the concept of this mod is exellent!
    TY and GG to all the Prometheus team!

If you had weapons, what happens if you killed one of yourself?

Iron Guard

You are instructed to do so in the tutorial.
    I want to play Unreal for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameslaya View Post
    If you had weapons, what happens if you killed one of yourself?
    Not playing Prometheus makes kittens cry.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow...ive been waitingfor a good puzzle mod....I've always been a big BT fan in ut99, and Im glad to see that something interesting has come to UT3. Oh and BTW the levels are funnn, though i havnt played last one yet.. Even still, I hope more lvls come out.
    KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!!!!
    When life gives you the Bio Rifle...Make some Goo

MSgt. Shooter Person

Finally got around to trying this - excellent!!!!

The satisfaction level when you figure out the last level is something else. Can't remember the last time I got that from a game.

Very good mod, unique idea. Love it!
    Creator of MSUC Phase 4 1st in Physics mod "Project Swing"

Update:

Prometheus has won phase 2 of the Make Something Unreal Contest! I would like to thank Nathan Fulton, Mike Jones, Todd Agnello, Glenn Storm and Jos Hendriks for their contributions to the project. Here's looking forward to phase 3!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sjosz

Awesome!!!

Iron Guard

Congratulations!

The competition will be a lot tougher next phase. Lots of good stuff to look forward to from everyone. ^_^

I just saw the results on BeyondUnreal and congrats to Angel Mapper and the Prometheus team. You definately got a cool concept going with the mod!

Prisoner 849

Gratz to yaz!!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Iron Guard

Congrats to you guys...

Iron Guard

This mod was about the most fun I have ever had with a game. You guys are really, really on to something, and I wish you the best of luck in Phase 3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congrats also from me! For sure, Angel_Mapper is a luminary of the unreal serie. I still know a lot of fantastic UT2004 maps and it seems that everythink she holds in her angelic hands is getting to gold.

I'm hardly looking for some wicked, stylish and full of new ideas made maps from her.
    ____Cosmix________________________________________

Thanks guys. Get ready for the next release in May! We've been doing a lot of great stuff, and anyone who thinks it's just going to be more maps is in for a huge surprise.

Iron Guard

I can't wait.

I'm getting a crash to desktop after the rewind effect in the tutorial. Here's the log, you can probably just scroll down until you get to the red part:
    Code:
    Init: Game engine initialized
    Log: Initializing Engine Completed
    Log: Starting memory preloaded movie...Copyright_PC ()
    Log: Waiting for memory preloaded movie to finish loading ...
    Log: Playing movie [Copyright_PC]
    Log: Got memory preloaded movie event!!!
    Log: Unmute bink movie
    Log: Next movie? 1 / 7
    Log: Playing movie [EpicLogo]
    Log: Next movie? 2 / 7
    Log: Playing movie [MidwayLogo]
    Log: Next movie? 3 / 7
    Log: Playing movie [UE3_logo]
    Log: Next movie? 4 / 7
    Log: Playing movie [Nvidia_PC]
    Log: Next movie? 5 / 7
    Log: Playing movie [Intel_Duo_Logo]
    Log: Next movie? 6 / 7
    Log: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Initial startup: 58.33s <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameUI.int
    Log: Ambient1 | Ambient1
    ScriptLog: Retrieving Profile Settings for UI PlayerIndex 0
    Log: Changing subtitle setting, new value: 1
    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController - Setting netspeed to 10000
    ScriptLog: UTUIFrontEnd_TitleScreen::SetMainControllerId - Setting main controller ID to 0
    ScriptLog: UTUIFrontEnd_LoginScreen::OnLogin() - Attempting to login with name 'Butt Problem' bLocalOnly: True
    ScriptLog: Login change...requerying profile data
    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::OnReadProfileSettingsComplete() - bWasSuccessful: True, ControllerId: 0
    ScriptLog: UTUITabPage::OnGameModeChanged() - Current Game Mode: Prometheus.PrometheusGame
    ScriptLog: UTUITabPage::OnGameModeChanged() - Current Game Mode: Prometheus.PrometheusGame
    ScriptLog: UTUIFrontEnd: Starting game with no splitscreen: Removing all but 1 LocalPlayer.
    ScriptLog: UTUIFrontEnd: Starting Game...open PRM-1-Tutorial?game=Prometheus.PrometheusGame?MaxPlayers=16?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicConnections=16?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=0?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedicated=False?bIsListPlay=False?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=0.000000?GameMode=0?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?LockedServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName=?CustomGameMode=?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?ServerDescription=?NumPlay=1?name=Player?alias=Player
    Log: Browse: PRM-1-Tutorial?name=Player?team=255?Class=?game=Prometheus.PrometheusGame?MaxPlayers=16?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicConnections=16?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=0?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedicated=False?bIsListPlay=False?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=0.000000?GameMode=0?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?LockedServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName=?CustomGameMode=?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?ServerDescription=?NumPlay=1?alias=Player
    Log: LoadMap: PRM-1-Tutorial?name=Player?team=255?Class=?game=Prometheus.PrometheusGame?MaxPlayers=16?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublicConnections=16?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=0?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedicated=False?bIsListPlay=False?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating=0.000000?GameMode=0?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?LockedServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName=?CustomGameMode=?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?ServerDescription=?NumPlay=1?alias=Player
    ScriptLog: Desc: 
    Log: Starting memory preloaded movie...UT_loadmovie7 (Intel_Duo_Logo)
    Log: Waiting for memory preloaded movie to finish loading ...
    Log: Playing movie [UT_loadmovie7]
    Log: Got memory preloaded movie event!!!
    Log: ClearAllAnimSetLinkupCaches - Took 24.58ms
    ScriptLog: Clearing online delegates for UTEntryPlayerController_0 (Player:LocalPlayer_0)
    Log: Virtual  memory allocation size: 169.39 MByte (177618944 Bytes)
    Log: Physical memory allocation size:   0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
    Log: Game class is 'PrometheusGame'
    Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
    Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
    PerfWarning: InstanceGeom: 1.467735 ms - 97 Convex, Terrain 0.000000 ms, PerTriSM 33.338651 ms, InitArticulated 0.000000 ms, BodyInst Alloc 1.003321 ms, InitBody 9.588331 ms
    PerfWarning: NxActor Creation: 36.231007 ms
    Log: Bringing World PRM-1-Tutorial.TheWorld up for play (0) at 2009.03.02-20.05.17
    ScriptLog: MinNetPlayers:  0
    Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.110258
    Log: WARNING: Cooking Convex For Actor: DistortActor_0 Component: StaticMeshComponent_5 StaticMesh: UN_SimpleMeshes.TexPropCube_Dup (Scale: 0.100000 0.100000 0.100000)
    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::OnReadProfileSettingsComplete() - bWasSuccessful: True, ControllerId: 0
    Log: PrometheusPlayerController_0 got player LocalPlayer_0
    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::ClientSetOnlineStatus() - Setting online status for ControllerId: 0
    Log: ########### Finished loading level: 1.129472 seconds
    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController::LoadCharacterFromProfile() - Character data not found, generating a random character.
    ScriptLog: CustomChar - Load Assets: TWIM
    Log: Begin Async loading packages for Family 'TWIM':
    Log: - CH_RTeam_Male
    Log: Flushing async loaders.
    Log: Family Asset Package Loaded: CH_RTeam_Male_SF
    Log: CONSTRUCTIONING: LoadFamilyAsset (TWIM) Took: 3.43 secs
    ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Start: UTPlayerReplicationInfo_2 Player V01
    Log: StartCustomCharMerge: 0.097979 ms initializing, 0.421803 ms texture streaming
    Log: CUSTOMCHAR: Merge Mesh: 3.59ms  Composite Tex: 0.03ms
    ScriptLog: CUSTOMCHAR Complete: UTPlayerReplicationInfo_2   (Tex stream: 0.4706 Secs)
    ScriptLog: CustomChar - Load Arms: TWIM
    Log: Begin Async loading packages for Family 'TWIM':
    Log: - CH_TwinSouls_Arms
    Log: Flushing async loaders.
    Log: Family Asset Package Loaded: CH_TwinSouls_Arms_SF
    Log: CONSTRUCTIONING: LoadFamilyAsset (TWIM) Took: 0.24 secs
    ScriptLog: Finished creating custom characters in 6.3541 seconds
    Error: Can't start an online game that hasn't been created
    ScriptLog: START MATCH
    ScriptLog:   Num Matches Played: 0
    Critical: appError called:
    Critical: Assertion failed: !PrimTM.ContainsNaN() [File:.\Src\UnPhysComponent.cpp] [Line: 785]

Stack: 
    Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
    Log: === Critical error: ===
    Assertion failed: !PrimTM.ContainsNaN() [File:.\Src\UnPhysComponent.cpp] [Line: 785]

Stack: 

RaiseException() Address = 0x764c42eb (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll]
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x73748e89 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1434_none_d08b6002442c891f\MSVCR80.dll]
    (script)Prometheus.PrometheusPlayerController:GetPlayerViewPoint

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Exit: UALAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
    Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
    Log: FaceFX shutdown.
    Exit: Exiting.
    Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
    Any help you can give me will be appreciated, since this looks incredibly well done.

Wow, I have no idea. Without access to the engine I couldn't look at those files referenced to see where it might be happening. I can't see anything obvious in GetPlayerViewPoint that might be causing it. Can I ask your system specs? Do you have all of the updated drivers?

Boomshot

Could be a divide-by-zero error somewhere. Variables have an annoying habit of being zero in ways you never expected.

No division at all in my function, just SetLocations.

Thanks! The shortness was intentional for phase 2, since it was just me doing the programming, design and level decoration I didn't want to get in over my head. More maps are definitely coming in the May release.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Does this work with ut3 2.0? I missed my chance to play it the first time.

Neoknight, I tested it with the newest patches and titan pack installed, worked great for me.

Angle_Mapper, great to hear that new maps will be released. I look forward to trying them. After they are released, I'll update the review and the score.

MSgt. Shooter Person

yeah, its working fine. Great mod! It reminds me of portal in a way. Its one of those games that makes you sit and think for a bit.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great to hear of you MSUC success - can't wait for the next release!

Redeemer

Well hey, looks like this thread popped up from the obscurity of time gone past..

And since I never got to do this before: 5 stars, because.. you know.. this ****'s the ****!
    -Jes- <3 Minecart!

Would it even be possible to have this work on the PS3 version of the game?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Was there ever another release of this? IMO this is one of the best mods made for any game ever.

Prisoner 849

I think it was re-released in UDK, but not entirely sure!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12