Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,160 of 1583
  1. #1121
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ajax, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Mister Noodles

    Default

    it seems like they are releasing tags in bulk now, since we're getting closer to nov 7th

  2. #1122
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woburn, MA (outside of Boston)
    Posts
    275
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Waterborn_2o2p

    Default

    I just spoke with Docta Splatta and he told me he found the one by the Museum. This is the last one furthest west, near the river. He indicated that he would post info later. Congrats Docta on your find.
    Community Manager - www.2old2play.com
    Proud Member of the Gears of War Clan - Art Of War

  3. #1123
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Port Chester, NY
    Posts
    18
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HeracIes

    Default

    Hey, I just joined this forum... I first learned about the cogs a few weeks ago and i've been waiting to see when the NYC one were going to be around.... and damn-it i missed my chance.... to that guy being upset about there only being one cog in texas and 5 in NYC... yeah, texas may be the second biggest US state, but your population is about 23 million.. the NYC Metropolitan area (tri state area) alone houses about 19million... that's just NYC and its surrounding metro's.. so i wouldn't be that upset... wiki it if you dont believe me..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_metropolitan_area
    I know it's a little greedy, but i hope they put some more around this way......
    I work right across the street from yankee stadium so when i learned that they hid one near fenway, I lost my mind and figured i'd do alot of research to see if maybe i can get my hands on one. I know the yankee stadium grounds like the back of my hand so if they were to hide one there, I pretty much know where the perfect spots would be... hopefully they make other drops... i doubt it though..

    i can only hope!
    Last edited by BigBadBiz; 11-01-2008 at 12:26 AM.

  4. #1124
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Port Chester, NY
    Posts
    18
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HeracIes

    Default

    Oh and to ChrisA9, I use to live in Troy man, I went to RPI...
    I can't believe your ass took that 2 and a half hour drive and ended up getting one...
    MAAAAAAAAN! That makes me upset.. actually more jealous than anything..
    but wow good for you man.. And i know why you had no prob going up to a drug dealer, Troy is their mecca...

    and i did a back flip, screamed, and punched the wall about that McDonalds one. Gettin thrown in the garbage.. MAAAAAAAAAAN! I guess we need new coordinates for it so we can find its new resting place.... in jersey.....haha
    Last edited by BigBadBiz; 11-01-2008 at 12:30 AM.

  5. #1125
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    152
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porkfry

    Default

    Ok so I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure why but I got a Cog in the mail. There was no information telling me who it was from or anything explaining why I got it. I'm not even sure how they knew where to send it, all I can say is "They're watching us!", ok maybe its not that dramatic...but come on, its Halloween!

    Note: Just because its Halloween dosn't mean they're not watching us...

    Ok so in light of that here is my cog info!

    CSID: 389041-9Y07E-1X

    Screenshots or it didn't happen right?

    Suppose its time to change my signature....
    3 TIME TEAM SEATTLE COG SEARCHER
    Ironicly, my Cog Found Me

  6. #1126
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: wazoodood

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkfry View Post
    Ok so I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure why but I got a Cog in the mail. There was no information telling me who it was from or anything explaining why I got it. I'm not even sure how they knew where to send it, all I can say is "They're watching us!", ok maybe its not that dramatic...but come on, its Halloween!

    Note: Just because its Halloween dosn't mean they're not watching us...

    Ok so in light of that here is my cog info!

    CSID: 389041-9Y07E-1X

    Screenshots or it didn't happen right?

    Suppose its time to change my signature....
    wow Porkfry that is crazy... it must be christmas or something. I did not see any coordinates to your mailbox, good score! I guess good things do come in the mailbox sometimes, not just bills and junk mail.

    I guess Karma really does work! Congrats dood!

  7. #1127
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    213
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PLAT1NUM619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkfry View Post
    Ok so I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure why but I got a Cog in the mail. There was no information telling me who it was from or anything explaining why I got it. I'm not even sure how they knew where to send it, all I can say is "They're watching us!", ok maybe its not that dramatic...but come on, its Halloween!

    Note: Just because its Halloween dosn't mean they're not watching us...

    Ok so in light of that here is my cog info!

    CSID: 389041-9Y07E-1X

    Screenshots or it didn't happen right?

    Suppose its time to change my signature....
    u got one in the mail? today???

  8. #1128
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: wazoodood

    Default

    Lets hope this Toronto COG tag searcher has the same luck.... I was burned buy some guy telling me it was already found, so i called of the search early. after being relocated with a coordinate change.

    HERE'S TO HOPING!!!

  9. #1129
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    152
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porkfry

    Default

    Yeah I got it in the mail today, but as I mentioned I rarely check my mail and as such it could have been in there for a few days, I'm not sure.
    3 TIME TEAM SEATTLE COG SEARCHER
    Ironicly, my Cog Found Me

  10. #1130
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    134
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FR3SH JIV3

    Default

    Wow Porkfry. Congratulations on getting the tag. I was a little lost on your twitter message but it has all become clear now.

    Again, all I can say is wow and congrats.

  11. #1131
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: wazoodood

    Default

    I really like your new signature...

    3 TIME TEAM SEATTLE COG SEARCHER
    Ironicly, my Cog Found Me

    Nice

  12. #1132
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Port Chester, NY
    Posts
    18
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HeracIes

    Default

    Man I want one so bad. My company has a few CNC mills, lathes, etc.. I might just design and make myself one.

  13. #1133
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    152
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porkfry

    Default

    Thanks! I have to say that I feel really honored that the Epic people decided to hook a brotha up (as it were).

    Man maybe the Epic gods are handing out Cogs like a drunk pet store owner handing out chihuahuas!

    Side note: We (the Porkfry family, Mrs.Fry, and Small Fry) were going out trick or Treating and my little girl wanted to see the Cog. So I let her hold it in the back seat as we were driving. Then she started putting the cog on her arm and Mrs.Fry didn't want her to get it stuck on there. "No doubt" I said "Because then we'd have to cut the baby's arm off to get the Cog free."

    After getting the standard "wife glare" for something that was clearly funny, I reached back to the back seat and grabbed the Cog, only to meet my daughters eyes. Her firey eyes lit with a golem like determination as she clutched the cog with both of her little hands, as she said "MY COG!". Eventually I was able to pry it from her 2 and a half year old steel grip...but her eyes were always on the Cog.

    I am not kidding that actually happened.
    Last edited by Porkfry; 11-01-2008 at 01:32 AM.
    3 TIME TEAM SEATTLE COG SEARCHER
    Ironicly, my Cog Found Me

  14. #1134
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: wazoodood

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBiz View Post
    Man I want one so bad. My company has a few CNC mills, lathes, etc.. I might just design and make myself one.
    IT just would not be the same as finding one! that is a whole other experience that is not tangible!

  15. #1135
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    51
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: wazoodood

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkfry View Post
    Thanks! I have to say that I feel really honored that the Epic people decided to hook a brotha up (as it were).

    Man maybe the Epic gods are handing out Cogs like a drunk pet store owner handing out chihuahuas!

    Side note: We (the Porkfry family, Mrs.Fry, and Small Fry) were going out trick or Treating and my little girl wanted to see the Cog. So I let her hold it in the back seat as we were driving. Then she started putting the cog on her arm and Mrs.Fry didn't want her to get it stuck on there. "No doubt" I said "Because then we'd have to cut the baby's arm off to get the Cog free."

    After getting the standard "wife glare" for something that was clearly funny, I reached back to the back seat and grabbed the Cog, only to meet my daughters eyes. Her firey eyes lit with a golem like determination as she clutched the cog with both of her little hands, as she said "MY COG!". Eventually I was able to pry it from her 2 and a half year old steel grip...but her eyes were always on the Cog.

    I am not kidding that actually happened.
    DOOD that has got to be the funniest thing i have read in a long time, Thanks.

  16. #1136
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    143
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: nataku700

    Default

    hey pork are you absolutely sure that it's epic that sent you that cog? Awhile back AVATRIX found 3 of the 4 tags in Boston and said he was going to send out a few to people that he thought were deserving on the forum? May have been you! =o

  17. #1137
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    152
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porkfry

    Default

    I'm not absolutely sure about anything, all I know is that I have a cog right next to me. There was no return address on the envelope so I have no idea. Epic or otherwise, as I mentioned I feel honored to have one!
    3 TIME TEAM SEATTLE COG SEARCHER
    Ironicly, my Cog Found Me

  18. #1138
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    143
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: nataku700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkfry View Post
    I'm not absolutely sure about anything, all I know is that I have a cog right next to me. There was no return address on the envelope so I have no idea. Epic or otherwise, as I mentioned I feel honored to have one!
    congratz man, i only hope it turns out that atleast one of these NYC cog tags isn't already picked up and being sold ATM lol. I honestly still have hope though!

  19. #1139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GPrime1337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luiek20 View Post
    im bout 2 take the 2 hour drive from paterson to philly 2morrow wish me luck guys!
    yo F that. where's the jersey tags at?! i've been stalking the forum for a while, waiting for the NYC tags. found out too late in the day and didn't wanna waste the money on the train for a half chance.

  20. #1140
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    152
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porkfry

    Default

    Why does it not surprise me that the Jerrsey guy is pissed off for some reason about something dealing with new york?
    3 TIME TEAM SEATTLE COG SEARCHER
    Ironicly, my Cog Found Me

  21. #1141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GPrime1337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkfry View Post
    Why does it not surprise me that the Jerrsey guy is pissed off for some reason about something dealing with new york?
    i'm not pissed off it's a joke. if i was north jersey, i'd probably say you're right, the i-talians up there have an inferiority complex. i'm smooth in the middle, far enough from both major cities near my state.

  22. #1142
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    152
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Porkfry

    Default

    Man...Location: Jersey.

    I was going off of what I was seeing and if you have to explain a joke....there isn't one.
    3 TIME TEAM SEATTLE COG SEARCHER
    Ironicly, my Cog Found Me

  23. #1143
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    6,059
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

    Default

    Just got back, Six's updates on philly didn't go to my phone I'll add in the morning
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

    "People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

  24. #1144

    Default

    well as for NYC Tags i typed in the EXACT coordinates in my G1 phone while i was in 42nd st. & it appeared INSIDE the information kiosk right next to mcDonalds... is it possible its INSIDE?

    and the one is St. Patties could POSSIBLY be inside too (it IS open to the public)

    -lets not forget, Cogs like the one in alcatraz WAS inside. its possible

  25. #1145
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    7
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xswakhamerx

    Default

    Too bad no one knows if there's one where i live.... in Hawaii, which i highly doubt...

  26. #1146
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    44
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Docta Splatta

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOW Waterborn View Post
    I just spoke with Docta Splatta and he told me he found the one by the Museum. This is the last one furthest west, near the river. He indicated that he would post info later. Congrats Docta on your find.
    Yes I did find one by the art museum, specifically behind in the rocks behind the Balbo statue... Yo Adrien!!! anyways I know the one in Rittenhouse Park has been found that was the first place I was but wasnt ballsy enough to go over the fountain wall and reach into lion fountain mouth.....as far as I know these are the two in Philly that have been found, the Drexel campus (b-ball stadium) and the other which comes up to south 4th and market is still up for grabs..... I wen to 4th and market and almost got arrested but pretty commercial area.....was looking around but pretty dark so hopefully when it gets light out good luck to all
    The only cure Splatta!

  27. #1147

    Default

    owell, S. Korea is pretty tight though

  28. #1148
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    772 FL
    Posts
    680
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Th3 Mandalorian

    Default

    it was behind the Rocky statue....I love you Epic...that is awesome.....now only if there were coordinates in FL.
    Mandalorian Merc #628 - http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php

    Check out my prop Anthony Carmine and Ben Carmine Helmets - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Carmine-Helmet


  29. #1149
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long island NY
    Posts
    49
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Pustulioooooo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJEsco10 View Post
    well as for NYC Tags i typed in the EXACT coordinates in my G1 phone while i was in 42nd st. & it appeared INSIDE the information kiosk right next to mcDonalds... is it possible its INSIDE?

    and the one is St. Patties could POSSIBLY be inside too (it IS open to the public)

    -lets not forget, Cogs like the one in alcatraz WAS inside. its possible
    You just got to love that phone

  30. #1150
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    134
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FR3SH JIV3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkfry View Post
    if you have to explain a joke....there isn't one.
    Too funny.

  31. #1151
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    143
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: nataku700

    Default

    There were atleast 2 teams that I know including myself that searched Inside St. Patties as well. We search around the candles and looked around the saints (didn't exactly jump next to them because their sort of chained off and didn't want to disturb anything, it is still a church lol) we looked through the pews (benches) but there are a lot of them and if there in a certain one it is possible that we missed it but its unlikely there placed there.

    Times Square one is possible there was talk that it was thrown out but it's not exactly confirmed. Me and my friend were wondering the same thing if it was in the information kiosk but we were looking around later in times square so the information kiosk was closed for the night.

  32. #1152
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    37
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xI Soup Ix

    Default

    Ok, y'all have got to read Taxi's story... farking hiLARious:

    Soup gave the Central Park coordinates to me via IM and I realized that one of them was less then 1.5 blocks from where I work.

    I wander into Central Park, and right on the coordinates were some locals.

    The locals were street performers setting up their table/stand thing pretty much right on top of the cog.

    They had zero idea what the thing was when they picked it up off the ground (Those coordinates are accurate to the foot, in case in you were wondering).

    Now, I work in the financial world, so I'm dressed kinda like a "Man In Black" I had a dark gray trench, black shoes/pants and dark sunglasses.

    I approached the locals and said: "You've located the COG?" and I swear, two of them took three steps back. One went so far as to actually look up, like either a camera or a silent black helicopter was bearing down to blackbag the three of them.

    He would not stop looking skyward. No joke, I'm not creative enough to make that up, and it took everything in me not to laugh.

    They had no clue as to what they had. I asked them if they were gamers. No. Heard of Gears of War. No. OK... have a nice day!

    I start to head back to my office and they are like "Yo, wait a second, hold up!" But, I do not have the COG in my possession, so I ignore them.

    I get back to the office and tell Soup the story and send him the pic. He tells me about the CSID code and how the guys on the forums would like me to see if I could at least get it.

    I figure, why not? That's the least they could do, is give me the code, so I head back to Central Park.

    The performers were still there and they were excited to see me. I asked them if I could write the code from the COG down, and they were like "Oh yeah! Sure!"

    Then, I just blurt out... Ya know what? Why don't you just give me the COG? I'll give ya $5 for it.

    The one holding it says: "Man, this is easily worth $20!"

    I fire back: "I'll give ya $10"

    "Deal!"

    ..and I walked away heavy one cog and light ten bucks. Winners all around.

    Game, set, match.

  33. #1153
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJEsco10 View Post
    well as for NYC Tags i typed in the EXACT coordinates in my G1 phone while i was in 42nd st. & it appeared INSIDE the information kiosk right next to mcDonalds... is it possible its INSIDE?

    and the one is St. Patties could POSSIBLY be inside too (it IS open to the public)

    -lets not forget, Cogs like the one in alcatraz WAS inside. its possible
    Well, I thought that the Saint Patrick's one would be inside the church...

    No news on that one yet?
    ...The Master Of Puppets Has Spoken.

    Look! Up In The Sky!


    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all --their capacity for good--, I have sent them you...

    ...My Only Son." - JOR-EL

  34. #1154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Well, I thought that the Saint Patrick's one would be inside the church...

    No news on that one yet?
    Well Everyone has check Thoroughly & nada

    might as well claim those as MIA... Epic team Shouldve really tried spreadin them out in less populated areas in NY. Locations Chosen are HIGHLY populated areas, Not to mention that places like wash. park & Times Sq. is cleaned every hour or so.

    Look how easily the drug dealer from union square found one [& its not even like he WAS lookin for it]. This IS the City that never sleeps. Kudos to the person who finds any of these

    P.S. If no1 didnt notice there`s a few birdhouses all over the trees in Wash. park. if anyone wanna feel free & play monkey-climbin-on-trees then be my guess lolsz (at this moment, ITS possible for it to be there)

  35. #1155

    Default

    why not brooklyn holy crap I dont feel like traveling all the way to manhattan to check all those coordinates and with my luck find nothing.

  36. #1156
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ajax, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Mister Noodles

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nataku700 View Post
    hey pork are you absolutely sure that it's epic that sent you that cog? Awhile back AVATRIX found 3 of the 4 tags in Boston and said he was going to send out a few to people that he thought were deserving on the forum? May have been you! =o
    That's real nice of him

  37. #1157
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ajax, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Mister Noodles

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupNazzi View Post
    Ok, y'all have got to read Taxi's story... farking hiLARious:
    ahahha that's jokes, love how he said the guy kept looking skyward lmfao

  38. #1158

    Default

    I feel like crying now =( i want a tag but I don't feel like commuting to the city with no idea where to look exactly and go home with empty handed. No GPS phone here... stupid sidekicks!!!

  39. #1159
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,697
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Commander Rown

    Default

    LOL. It's all about google maps. You dont need a GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Perry View Post
    WHATZZU!P!!E!RE!R

  40. #1160
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    29
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Cee17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBiz View Post
    Oh and to ChrisA9, I use to live in Troy man, I went to RPI...
    I can't believe your ass took that 2 and a half hour drive and ended up getting one...
    MAAAAAAAAN! That makes me upset.. actually more jealous than anything..
    but wow good for you man.. And i know why you had no prob going up to a drug dealer, Troy is their mecca...

    and i did a back flip, screamed, and punched the wall about that McDonalds one. Gettin thrown in the garbage.. MAAAAAAAAAAN! I guess we need new coordinates for it so we can find its new resting place.... in jersey.....haha
    I actually grew up around the NYC area and used to hang out in Union Square a lot growing up. Went to high school in the Bronx and all that so I know NYC pretty well. I actually went to RPI also and my job is keeping me in Troy for the time being. Thanks for the congrats!
    Union Square COG Tag Owner


 
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •