Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

I'm sugarcoated's pal who's been hunting the stupid Windsor tag, and I agree. I've found just as little today as I did last Tuesday.

I looked in cracks, on trees, dug around loose planter's soil, checked around benches, under overhangs, in vines, all around a building, all over the statues and memorials, and nothing.

I'm convinced that no one from Epic even checked to see if that tag was even there today, and it was on that fishing line last week. At least that was near the coordinates given.

If that tag is ever going to surface they'll need to put out a hint or something, because as it stands, there's too much park and not enough hiding places by where it is supposed to be at.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mister Noodles

someone mightve picked it up, maybe someone other than people trying to look for the tags? like a child or regular person

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meglito

thats probably true

Quote Originally Posted by mister noodles View Post
    someone mightve picked it up, maybe someone other than people trying to look for the tags? like a child or regular person
    Alternately I sank it at the end of a fishing line :P

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Soup Ix

Yeah, unless someone posts that they've found the COG, I'd say it's MIA... with Caesar and Uber scouring the area, I'd say it's been picked up until otherwise notified.

That's just my .02

Not sure if any of you saw this in Six's Twitter:
    @ubersaurus it may have already been swiped by someone. we don't know for sure until the CSID is entered. I'll talk to them... about 3 hours ago from twhirl in reply to ubersaurus
    I'm gonna assume that's the same Ubersaurus as on these boards, asking about the Windsor Tag.
    Last edited by SoupNazzi; 10-27-2008 at 10:14 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Why hasn't the guy who got the TO tag come forth yet? Kind of does make you wonder whether or not they were telling the truth, but I'm not one to disbelieve anyone

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wazoodood

Dood, I don't understand why that guy has not posted yet for the toronto tag. I KNOW I SAW IT..... i touched it!

I wish he would post..... I also wish I asked to take a picture of it..... at least i can sleep tonight knowing it is not still out there, waiting to be found.

sorry i wish i had proof.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I'm sugarcoated's pal who's been hunting the stupid Windsor tag, and I agree. I've found just as little today as I did last Tuesday.

I looked in cracks, on trees, dug around loose planter's soil, checked around benches, under overhangs, in vines, all around a building, all over the statues and memorials, and nothing.

I'm convinced that no one from Epic even checked to see if that tag was even there today, and it was on that fishing line last week. At least that was near the coordinates given.

If that tag is ever going to surface they'll need to put out a hint or something, because as it stands, there's too much park and not enough hiding places by where it is supposed to be at.
    3.5 hours total man, i feel your pain, i left work early today as soon as i saw the updated coordinates, searched everything in my work clothes, laying on the ground in office clothes = fail lol.
    what i did notice is how busy that park is, with these things being a good size, shiney and from what ive seen being left somewhat in the open, there is a very good chance someone that doesnt play video games picked it up.
    if it was on a fishing line well that would be dumb, there is no where to put the line to tie it up were it wouldnt be super noticable. also when i was there yesterday there was a non english speaking guy fishing right were you come out of the gate onto the cement walkway. i showed him a picture of the cog and he just shook his head no.
    today when i was there, there were 3 students sitting there studying on one of the cement blocks, so to me it seems very plausable that someone nabbed it and we will never know who.
    what bothered me the most was that if your going to update the coordinates
    at least confirm with the source that its still there. thats how i took it when i made the treck across the border to canada. i thought six confirmed it was still there and thats why he posted the updated coordinates. im not going again, even if six or someone from epic tells me exactly were its at.
    i love gears but crap. the fight to get thru customs 2 days in row trying to explain the gears story may not work tomorrow lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FR3SH JIV3

Quote Originally Posted by mister noodles View Post
    Why hasn't the guy who got the TO tag come forth yet? Kind of does make you wonder whether or not they were telling the truth, but I'm not one to disbelieve anyone
    I know wazoodood personally and he says the guy walked past him holding it and wazoo felt honored just to touch the COG tag before he watched it walk away.

The Toronto tag @ 43.6956, -79.3959 has been found.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wazoodood View Post
    Dood, I don't understand why that guy has not posted yet for the toronto tag. I KNOW I SAW IT..... i touched it!

I wish he would post..... I also wish I asked to take a picture of it..... at least i can sleep tonight knowing it is not still out there, waiting to be found.

sorry i wish i had proof.
    Its too bad you didn't you couldve posted the picture instead

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

thanks Fresh.... GO JIVEY!

What i want to know is why the web site does not have the updated coordinates for the Toronto tag? it still has the old ones....
    GN 43.6835 DM -79.3835

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Caesarrrrr View Post
    3.5 hours total man, i feel your pain, i left work early today as soon as i saw the updated coordinates, searched everything in my work clothes, laying on the ground in office clothes = fail lol.
    what i did notice is how busy that park is, with these things being a good size, shiney and from what ive seen being left somewhat in the open, there is a very good chance someone that doesnt play video games picked it up.
    if it was on a fishing line well that would be dumb, there is no where to put the line to tie it up were it wouldnt be super noticable. also when i was there yesterday there was a non english speaking guy fishing right were you come out of the gate onto the cement walkway. i showed him a picture of the cog and he just shook his head no.
    today when i was there, there were 3 students sitting there studying on one of the cement blocks, so to me it seems very plausable that someone nabbed it and we will never know who.
    at least confirm with the source that its still there. thats how i took it when i made the treck across the border to canada. i thought six confirmed it was still there and thats why he posted the updated coordinates. im not going again, even if six or someone from epic tells me exactly were its at.
    i love gears but crap. the fight to get thru customs 2 days in row trying to explain the gears story may not work tomorrow lol
    Ya either of those people could have snatched it...

Default windsor tag

I also went out looking for the Assumption Park Windsor Cog Tag tonight and found absolutely nothing. More hints / confirmation it's still there would be real nice....

Quote Originally Posted by RomanianBeast View Post
    Im gonna go look this friday for the COG tag on 99 up in washington, i dont wanna wait around seeing if one shows up in Oregon... this will be epic, just hope no one picks it up before then.. does it count if i call dibs?? if so DIBS ON THE ONE UP IN SEATTLE THATS ON 99!!!!!
    Best wishes to you. I was also there. With a box of Krispy Kremes I enlisted a group of college guys to search. 5 hungry guys for 30 minutes ripping everything apart. Nothing. Including the Southeast corner and a hundred yards to the West.

I would hope someone that knows what the promotion is about got the tag and is delayed in reporting it.

Well last week, I found the broken reel to a fishing pole wedged into the underhang of the fishing area, near where the updated coordinates were. The line was leading into the water, but when I tried to reel it up, the line got caught on something and snapped. Hence why I wonder if that was what they did.

But yeah. I was out there 2 hours Tuesday and 2 today. I'm done unless they give some indication it's still there, and a hint. It was one big waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Well last week, I found the broken reel to a fishing pole wedged into the underhang of the fishing area, near where the updated coordinates were. The line was leading into the water, but when I tried to reel it up, the line got caught on something and snapped. Hence why I wonder if that was what they did.

But yeah. I was out there 2 hours Tuesday and 2 today. I'm done unless they give some indication it's still there, and a hint. It was one big waste of time.
    Can we please get some confirmation from an EPIC member? if this is the case and it is MIA can you please post that it is MIA so we can stop stressing over it? If it's MIA will a new one be placed out there since this is BS that we've all been searching for the Windsor Assumption Park cog tag since it was announced and have come up with nothing and we've probably spent more time looking for our COG than any other area?

and BTW if the cog really was tied to a fishing line and underwater, i don't think anyone would want it. The water from the Detroit River is toxic...I mean... it IS Detroit that's connected to the river...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

what does MIA mean, i never found out; lol

MIA means missing in action AKA some random person who has no idea wtf Gears of War is picked up the cog tag.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ScatRD

Quote Originally Posted by SoupNazzi View Post
    Sorry buddy... I should have posted sooner and saved you 3 hours.
    Congrats SoupNazzi, I drove up from just north of Austin on the slim chance it would still be on the loose but no dice, at least it was picked up by someone who put it to good use and got more tabs opened!
    Maybe next time.
    Last edited by ScatRD; 10-28-2008 at 02:07 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by UnitJTF55 View Post
    MIA means missing in action AKA some random person who has no idea wtf Gears of War is picked up the cog tag.
    Ah well you gotta give them credit for finding something, i cna imagine a little kid and his mom walkin by and just picks it up from nowhere, and gives it to his dog as a chew toy, LOL, poor dog losses his teeth LOL

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by onemeanlincoln View Post
    nothing cool ever comes down here to florida! i want one of these cog tags so badly
    YO I AM IN MEXICO SO HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL

MSgt. Shooter Person
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by BAMFBILLYA View Post
    YO I AM IN MEXICO SO HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL
    And I'm in Venezuela. You have better chance than I do.

Anyways, I was wondering if any new tabs were unlocked (I still can't see the site from my job).
    ...The Master Of Puppets Has Spoken.

Look! Up In The Sky!

"They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all --their capacity for good--, I have sent them you...

...My Only Son." - JOR-EL

Quote Originally Posted by UnitJTF55 View Post
    Can we please get some confirmation from an EPIC member? if this is the case and it is MIA can you please post that it is MIA so we can stop stressing over it? If it's MIA will a new one be placed out there since this is BS that we've all been searching for the Windsor Assumption Park cog tag since it was announced and have come up with nothing and we've probably spent more time looking for our COG than any other area?
    was it black and small, kinda cheap looking? cause i saw it in the middile of the boardwalk sunday, i didnt see it yesterday though. i dont know the blocks make more sense, cause they look like cover in gears, what would putting it on a fishing pole symbolize?
    you could be right, i guess we cant put anything past anyone, but the obvious would be those caves under the stone benches
    thats just my thought, i thought it was in the memorial for a second when i got there sunday.
    also did you see the cannon by the street? im willing to bet no one looked there either cause its so far from the coordinates

I checked the cannon and all memorial-like spots. And yes, I checked behind ALL the stone benches as many before me had

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LIONPWR

was it black and small, kinda cheap looking? cause i saw it in the middile of the boardwalk sunday, i didnt see it yesterday though. i dont know the blocks make more sense, cause they look like cover in gears, what would putting it on a fishing pole symbolize?
    you could be right, i guess we cant put anything past anyone, but the obvious would be those caves under the stone benches
    thats just my thought, i thought it was in the memorial for a second when i got there sunday.
    also did you see the cannon by the street? im willing to bet no one looked there either cause its so far from the coordinates
    Please update any info on the MIA COG in Assumption Park, Canada. I want to go give it a shot, but after reading all these posts on finding nothing, I think we deserve an update. Feel bad for ya Caesarrrrr.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

Quote Originally Posted by LIONPWR View Post
    Please update any info on the MIA COG in Assumption Park, Canada. I want to go give it a shot, but after reading all these posts on finding nothing, I think we deserve an update. Feel bad for ya Caesarrrrr.
    I'll ask Six about it today.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LIONPWR

Thanks WaldoRtk7

ah well its all in fun right? i think 3 or 4 of us have torn that poor park apart looking for it lol. i read in six's twitter that he thinks its been taken by someone other then a gears fan, he said he was going to try and confirm i believe.
    i talked to the wife last night about it and would go again i guess if it was confirmed that it was there, except if i go again, i may contact the others that have went and do a team search. that way we dont duplicate anything we have already done. i mean really if i went with 3 or 4 guys and someone found it from the team i could careless, cause its more the hunt, dont get me wrong id love to own one, but id be just as happy for someone if they found it to.

thats if it is confirmed thats its there. id crap if it was in the water lol, anyone got a wet suit and scuba gear lol

thanks waldo
    Last edited by Caesarrrrr; 10-28-2008 at 11:01 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ModernDVL

go london! its your turn

51.5167, 0.0668

beckton

near alpine way roundabout and country road

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ModernDVL

its on country road between alpine way and aaron hill road, on the lawn.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Digitalfuji

new coordinates 51.5167, 0.0668

Veteran

Gamer IDs

It's up On front page.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: oracle3410

Added to the google map

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I was the one that saw the Toronto tag in that guys hand and posted that I saw it. That 'GUY' told me he would post that he found it on the site. he has not yet and...

That was almost 24hrs ago..... If I did not see him I would classify this as a MIA tag.

however I did see him with the tag but the weird thing is that when I was searching around for it (with my girl, smokin chick) we did not see him searching at all. I remember cause I made a point of noting who was around looking. He just appeared out of nowhere with the tag in hand..... THIS IS ALL TOO FISHY!! but it continues...

how can they post the wrong coordinates for the toronto tag on saturday? there are not even remotely close to one another, so how can it be an update of coordinates?
    (btw we searched about 4 hrs on sunday at the first location in treacherous highway/cliffs/woods/rain/mud NOT FUN!!!)

these updated coordinates are not even on the web site yet, it still refers to the old original numbers.

AND where is this GUY and his posting.....?

THIS IS ALL TO FISHY!!! can anyone help to explain this to me?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wazoodood View Post
    I was the one that saw the Toronto tag in that guys hand and posted that I saw it. That 'GUY' told me he would post that he found it on the site. he has not yet and...

That was almost 24hrs ago..... If I did not see him I would classify this as a MIA tag.

however I did see him with the tag but the weird thing is that when I was searching around for it (with my girl, smokin chick) we did not see him searching at all. I remember cause I made a point of noting who was around looking. He just appeared out of nowhere with the tag in hand..... THIS IS ALL TOO FISHY!! but it continues...

how can they post the wrong coordinates for the toronto tag on saturday? there are not even remotely close to one another, so how can it be an update of coordinates?
    (btw we searched about 4 hrs on sunday at the first location in treacherous highway/cliffs/woods/rain/mud NOT FUN!!!)

these updated coordinates are not even on the web site yet, it still refers to the old original numbers.

AND where is this GUY and his posting.....?

THIS IS ALL TO FISHY!!! can anyone help to explain this to me?
    Does sound far-fetched..

Hey everybody,

I found the Toronto, Ontario cog tag from Mt. Pleasant Cemetery. I found it last night after about a 5 hour search and went straight home and hit the bed because I was dead tired from work and the searching. I saw a couple of others searching as well. I found it on a crack which was covered with a rock. Unfortunetly I couldn't take a picture because I didn't take a camera with me and I didn't think I would find it since people mentioned that it was found. The cog was in its exact location according to the coordinates. The problem many people were having including me was when we used google map it shows the road and points to the middle of the road instead of the actual spot. But in the end I got lucky. I took it and put it in my pocket and left without announcing it because I didn't feel like getting robbed and I was alone so didn't want to risk it.
    Here's the picture of the cog, but I recreated how the cog originally was and how it was covered. Once again sorry for the late post but I just got back from work and activated it.
    Here are the pictures and the csid.

CSID : 611701-Z80W3-NG

Before Removing Stone

After Removing Stone
    \\// TORONTO CANADA | COG OWNER \\//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Porkfry

Congrats! Good to know that we'll be expected to exume bodies in order to find the cogs. Personally I'm ok with this move honestly. I mean really, normal people aren't going to be digging up graves to find the tags which (I think) is going to really help us find more of the tags!
    3 TIME TEAM SEATTLE COG SEARCHER
    Ironicly, my Cog Found Me

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Thanks, I'll add you to the front page and your COG.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Wow that was a clever spot to put it. Nice find man congratz

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast