Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 1583
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nataku700

o and also in Washington park we noticed that the leaves were raked into humongous piles which could mean that the workers may have raked the leaves and found the cog themselves. This is only a possiblility though so actually until further stated Washington, St. Patty's and maybe Times Square are still up for grabs

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cee17

As nataku mentioned I have the Union Square COG tag in hand, after quite some ordeal. It seems that the Times Square one is MIA but St. Patrick's as well as the Washington Square are still active or MIA. Those 2 locations were sought out by tons of teams tonight and nothing was found. Unfortunately I would keep your eyes peeled on eBay.

Also, has anyone had any issues with entering their Name after entering their CSIDs? I got the unlock wallpaper, but unfortunately was never allowed to enter my name. Any ideas? Thanks all!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KrishnaRRaja

I was messing around on the Last Day site and I found a new GPS location.

It is: 51.4617, -0.9368

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GENERAL MUPPET PSN ID: General_Muppet

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaRRaja View Post
    I was messing around on the Last Day site and I found a new GPS location.

It is: 51.4617, -0.9368
    Erm, while not exactly new, it's the Reading location

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PetetheGeek

Default Off the coast of Ireland?

according to google satellite both the body armor in the rubble and the scattered papers behind the pickup truck are off of Galley Head point, Ireland, approx 1-2 miles offshore. Cross referenced these coordinates with any marine buoys but did not get an exact match. Possible SCUBA trip? Possible offshore lighthouse? Anyone with friends in South East Ireland?

PS 603 of 1000 cogs found to date
    Last edited by petethegeek; 10-31-2008 at 08:43 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkestJamesG

and its been found already

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Default both of them? I still get 'cog tag missing'

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestJamesG View Post
    and its been found already
    I still cant access those on last day. Have they just not put the code in yet?

did you hear where they were? lighthouse? barge? buoy?

OOPS, sorry, my coordinates were off, used -8 instead of -0, need to get my eyes checked
    Last edited by petethegeek; 10-31-2008 at 10:02 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thebruce

Ok, we need to clarify - has anyone found the Reading and London COGs? Proof with pics?

Seargent told me that he and MechaNecro both have COGs from an Expo, not the hidden COGs.

So that's 51.5204, -0.0732 (London), and 51.4617, -0.9368 (Reading)
    Has anyone found them? If not, they may be MIA if loads of people have searched. But they are apparently not found by SeargentMajorFury or MechaNecro.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Soup Ix

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA9 View Post
    As nataku mentioned I have the Union Square COG tag in hand, after quite some ordeal. It seems that the Times Square one is MIA but St. Patrick's as well as the Washington Square are still active or MIA. Those 2 locations were sought out by tons of teams tonight and nothing was found. Unfortunately I would keep your eyes peeled on eBay.

Also, has anyone had any issues with entering their Name after entering their CSIDs? I got the unlock wallpaper, but unfortunately was never allowed to enter my name. Any ideas? Thanks all!
    How much did you pay for it?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Simburgur PSN ID: Simburgur

So has anyone got those 2 new ones in london yet?
    Moved on from Gears, now working on War for the Overworld
    Twitter | Blog | Steam

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: itsamitman

I was at washington sqaure last night. I met a few guys there. It was an epic failure. We all searched every possible place and no luck whatsoever.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

Quote Originally Posted by thebruce View Post
    Ok, we need to clarify - has anyone found the Reading and London COGs? Proof with pics?

Seargent told me that he and MechaNecro both have COGs from an Expo, not the hidden COGs.

So that's 51.5204, -0.0732 (London), and 51.4617, -0.9368 (Reading)
    Has anyone found them? If not, they may be MIA if loads of people have searched. But they are apparently not found by SeargentMajorFury or MechaNecro.
    I heard a rumor from DarkJames that he found reading but I haven't heard or seen anything about it since.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NTOTG69

Quote Originally Posted by WaldoRtk7 View Post
    I heard a rumor from DarkJames that he found reading but I haven't heard or seen anything about it since.
    He appeared drunk from his post. I hope nothing happened to him on the way home from the pub.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GENERAL MUPPET PSN ID: General_Muppet

Quote Originally Posted by WaldoRtk7 View Post
    See this : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=629645

I've still got the private message which he sent me saved...

Skaarj

Anybody know anything about the COGs that recently appeared on eBay? I wonder if there are any unentered CSIDs on these?

eBay COG #1
    eBay COG #2
    eBay COG #3
    eBay COG #4
    eBay COG #5
    -Mike B-
    Schaumburg, IL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikebil View Post
    Anybody know anything about the COGs that recently appeared on eBay? I wonder if there are any unentered CSIDs on these?

eBay COG #1
    eBay COG #2
    eBay COG #3
    eBay COG #4
    eBay COG #5
    No but I did notice one of the guys on ebay sells every promo game he gets and other launch goodies.
    Selling freebies!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

What about the other NY tags? Have those been found?
    ...The Master Of Puppets Has Spoken.

Look! Up In The Sky!

"They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all --their capacity for good--, I have sent them you...

...My Only Son." - JOR-EL

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LinkSmash

Quote Originally Posted by mikebil View Post

eBay COG #1
    eBay COG #2
    eBay COG #3
    eBay COG #4
    eBay COG #5

Wow! So that makes nearly a dozen tags on ebay! I hope Microsoft isn't purposely screwing with us!! We should all write them emails or hand written letters to let them know that this isn't cool! Tell them that the folks probably selling them are the ones who are supposed to give them away in stores or that they're not hiding them well enough because randoms find them and put it on ebay! Argh. I guess.
    It'll probably be fruitless though, but still something needs to be done. Yet I know how it can be when there's no coordinates or stores near you giving away tags and you just lose hope and want to take the easy way out. I'm just too broke to be spending hundreds on a cog tag.
    So maybe we should convince everyone on here NOT to buy those ebay tags?
    Wanted: Lots of hugs because I have a Cog Tag already!!!!
    Thank you so much you guys. If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't be as happy of a camper as I am. I bring the thing everywhere with me and my friends think I'm crazy/obsessed.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NTOTG69

Don't get me wrong, I want one of these just as bad as the rest of you, but these tags aren't just for us. If they were, they would just mail them all to us directly or make them awards for online achievments.
    These tags are meant to spur interest in GOW2 and they are doing just that. People who have never heard of the game now know what it is. They are going to the last day site, they are checking out gearsowar.com.
    Yes, some are not interested and are trying to make a buck off the ferver, but that's to be expected. Having only 2% of the tags so far showing up on e-bay is a pretty good indication that the people finding them are fans (or are becoming fans).
    I've been working the retail search as well and because of all the people I have been talking to in the stores and the people around me during those conversations, there are probably at least 50+ more people that now know about it in Chicago...People that will now be competing with me for those retail tags, but hey, it's a competition.

With all the publicity being generated around this, think of how many more people there will be online that you can chainsaw the arms off of
    Or pretend that your online opponents are the ebay sellers

Again, I WANT one of those tags too, so please don't flame me for this.

(steps off the box)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LinkSmash

Quote Originally Posted by NTOTG69 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I want one of these just as bad as the rest of you, but these tags aren't just for us. If they were, they would just mail them all to us directly or make them awards for online achievments.
    These tags are meant to spur interest in GOW2 and they are doing just that. People who have never heard of the game now know what it is. They are going to the last day site, they are checking out gearsowar.com.
    Yes, some are not interested and are trying to make a buck off the ferver, but that's to be expected. Having only 2% of the tags so far showing up on e-bay is a pretty good indication that the people finding them are fans (or are becoming fans).
    I've been working the retail search as well and because of all the people I have been talking to in the stores and the people around me during those conversations, there are probably at least 50+ more people that now know about it in Chicago...People that will now be competing with me for those retail tags, but hey, it's a competition.

With all the publicity being generated around this, think of how many more people there will be online that you can chainsaw the arms off of
    Or pretend that your online opponents are the ebay sellers

Again, I WANT one of those tags too, so please don't flame me for this.

(steps off the box)
    It's alright. I won't flame you. I think I'm just irritated that they are showing up on ebay. I know tons more folks visit all these sites but don't contribute to the coversation. Everytime I see Six's twitter, the number of followers he has rises and rises each day. When I first joined into the search, it was the second to third week and only about 120 were following him, look at it now! Crazy.

And yes, I will look forward to chainsawing people. I can't wait to play again (I got to play on Tuesday when I took second place !). Man they just made the things great about Gears 1 greater in Gears 2! EEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    Wanted: Lots of hugs because I have a Cog Tag already!!!!
    Thank you so much you guys. If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't be as happy of a camper as I am. I bring the thing everywhere with me and my friends think I'm crazy/obsessed.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ModernDVL

A dealer at union had it!?! to think I stayed out of their way. maybe the ones in washington sq park had it too. one of them did flag me, but i assumed it was for some blaze. This is makes me sad. BTW I was out yesterday afternoon and last night. I was the guy with the cane and cell-as-flashlight. did I see any of you?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Default cog widget update

639 out of 1000 have now been found

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ModernDevil View Post
    A dealer at union had it!?! to think I stayed out of their way. maybe the ones in washington sq park had it too. one of them did flag me, but i assumed it was for some blaze. This is makes me sad. BTW I was out yesterday afternoon and last night. I was the guy with the cane and cell-as-flashlight. did I see any of you?
    I didn't see you out there ModernDevil.

As for information regarding St. Pat's COG I am really beginning to think it's MIA. My friend and I scoured that area rather hard and found nothing. Plus, it was searched for rather intensely by 7 other teams.

As for the Washington Square Park, keep your eye out on eBay or, at your own risk, talk to some dealers. It's not for everyone. The same goes for the McDonald's one.

Best of luck to everyone. If there's any more info I might head down to NYC again.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Digitalfuji

Quote Originally Posted by ModernDevil View Post
    hey ModernDevil i had saw u at st.pat me and my friend were looking i was the kid with the black hood with skulls on it and my friend had a black jacket on

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AOW Waterborn View Post
    Govnamac is giving up the search, St. Patrick's Cathedral COG has not been confirmed found yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfuji2 View Post
    hey ModernDevil i had saw u at st.pat me and my friend were looking i was the kid with the black hood with skulls on it and my friend had a black jacket on
    yeah, thought it might have been you. no luck with you either.

At around 12:30 there was a homeless man at st. pat's on the south side of the building. maybe he found it. he was camping hard at that local when I got there. he was definitely not there when I went back at night.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hope they didn't put it inside the cathedral. that would be really messed up. felt bad enough stomping around holy ground, looking for something so trivial.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Waterborn_2o2p

Six just woke up.
    Community Manager - www.2old2play.com
    Proud Member of the Gears of War Clan - Art Of War

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

yea it would have been messed up if they put it inside me and my friend went inside but no luck but it was very nice inside i had never been there before but anyway i was looking around for it and a priest started helping me look for it outside he even asked one of the people that work there if they know anything about it but the guy said if anyone want to hide something around the church they would have had to ask permission first because there are a lot of private places that people cant go to and that if they had hid something around there he would know about but i still think its around there somewhere
    Last edited by digitalfuji2; 10-31-2008 at 02:06 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

UPDATE ON THE TIME SQUARE TAG:well my mom works at time square and she was going to have some co-workers help her look for the tag for me and she had printed a pic of a cog tag to show them what it looks like and one of her co-workers said he had found it there yesterday but he throw it in the garbage not knowing what is.

i think the time square tag is MIA for good but feel free to keep checking just in case but i thinks is true that he throw it away because u cant really mistake how a cog tag looks with anything else
    Last edited by digitalfuji2; 10-31-2008 at 02:35 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by digitalfuji2 View Post
    UPDATE ON THE TIME SQUARE TAG:well my mom works at time square and she was going to have some co-workers help her look for the tag for me and she had printed a pic of a cog tag to show them what it looks like and one of her co-workers said he had found it there yesterday but he throw it in the garbage not knowing what is.

i think the time square tag is MIA for good but feel free to keep checking just in case but i thinks is true that he throw it away because u cant really mistake how a cog tag looks with anything else
    That blows~! but that was a reality that I'm sure epic considered when they did this. sucks for us

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Why the **** would you throw something away that had writing and stuff on it like that?

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

K 3/5 tags have been found 2 are ours and 1 is off to become landfill
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nataku700

why would anyone throw something like that out? It's ridicolously shiny and even looks semi valuable. On the matter of the drug dealers after chris told me about his experience ahhaha I was walking up to all the dealers like yo you got anything shiny? lolll
    nothing though =(

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by nataku700 View Post
    why would anyone throw something like that out? It's ridicolously shiny and even looks semi valuable. On the matter of the drug dealers after chris told me about his experience ahhaha I was walking up to all the dealers like yo you got anything shiny? lolll
    nothing though =(
    haha nice man. Props to him for thinking about that (the dealer having it) who would have known!! This has really been a crazy ARG

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Yeah I highly recommend talking to all drug dealers in NYC. Just don't get shot, stabbed, or arrested. :-D
    Union Square COG Tag Owner

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Waterborn_2o2p

Philly coords just posted, pm me if you need beta.

39.96521, -75.179327

39.949274, -75.171698

39.949503, -75.146784

39.955865, -75.189713
    Community Manager - www.2old2play.com
    Proud Member of the Gears of War Clan - Art Of War

well i am in Southern South Korea, waiting patiently for an opportunity, i will probably never get, thank you army

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Commander Rown

Hehe doubt South Korea will get one. Don't worry, you have a way better chance than North Korea. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Perry View Post
    WHATZZU!P!!E!RE!R

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

39.96521, -75.179327 - Philly Art Museum (near "Rocky" steps)

39.949274, -75.171698 - Rittenhouse Square

39.949503, -75.146784 - Market and S. 4th St.

39.955865, -75.189713 - Drexel University

Quote Originally Posted by AOW Waterborn View Post
    Philly coords just posted, pm me if you need beta.

39.96521, -75.179327

39.949274, -75.171698

39.949503, -75.146784

39.955865, -75.189713
    im bout 2 take the 2 hour drive from paterson to philly 2morrow wish me luck guys!

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast