Default UT3 Weapons and Vehicles for UT2004

Using 3DRipperDX it's possible to save the geometry and textures used for UT3's characters, static meshes, weapons, and vehicles to a format that is readable via 3DStudioMax.

I am interested in bringing some of UT3's vehicles and weapons to UT2004. Is there anyone out there who knows how (and would be willing) to add bones to these meshes and handle the animations so that they can be used in UT2004?

God King

Support! If we had UT3 weapons, we would then have the full Unreal series weapons collection!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Still dont have any UC2 weps

God King

UC2004 project had a few :P So we might get them sooner, or possibly later.

Redeemer

There IS 1 slight problem regarding this idea.

I'm all for it but there is a drawback.

Some of the vehicles/weapons are TOO DETAILED for UT2K4.

Would someone please compare what graphics card is required between the two games? Currently I got an NVidia Geforce 6600 FX.
    Official Idea Creator.

Number of Ideas created: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lorin-Slasher View Post
    There IS 1 slight problem regarding this idea.

I'm all for it but there is a drawback.

Some of the vehicles/weapons are TOO DETAILED for UT2K4.

Would someone please compare what graphics card is required between the two games? Currently I got an NVidia Geforce 6600 FX.

That's obvious. But there's no point in saying it can't be done before anyone even tries.

Just as an example, the 2004 vehicles weigh in at around 2-3000 polys. A number of UT3 vehicles weigh in at about 6000. It doesn't seem too implausible to get those into UT2004. Even if that sort of polycount ends up causing an issue it's always possible to remove some nonessential elements of the vehicles like pipes and wires.

God King

I have a Radeon HD2600XT and it will be really possible for me to see them without too much lag - if you can port them over anyway, though. Although the polycount doesn't change in detail settings, right? So it might be a problem for older clients.

Deathless

Instead of using 3DRipperDS you could use umodel, it is more eficient.

Here's a Download Link:http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel Just click the download button abouve. In this web page you also have the instructions.
    That way is more faster, becuase the files that are exported have the original name.

Remember to use the help command to learn more, it is used in the command line, but it is easy to use. i willl make a tutorial if you can't use it. just PM me and I make the tutorial for you.

God King

Hooray for necrobumping a two year old thread.