Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UT3 PS3 Patch 2 Fix List

Hi everyone. We're thrilled to announce the second patch for the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 has passed Sony cerification and will be released at roughly 12:00 GMT on 9/24/08.

Below you'll find all the additions, fixes and tweaks included in this patch:

Patch2 Changes

* Dedicated PC server support for PS3 clients

* Various AI fixes/tweaks

- Tweaked bot taunting frequency.

- Players have priority over bots for touching flag.

- AI difficulty tweaks.

- Improved bot decision making for whether to attack node or enemy.

- Bots don't camp orb spawners as much.

- Improved AI for locking node with orb.

- Improved low skill bots use of SPMA.

- Added bot taunting animation support.

- Improved bot informational voice message frequency and message selection.

- Tweaked AI skill auto-adjust in campaign.

- Improved AI for using Flak Cannon.

- Improved AI for using Impact Hammer.

- Improved AI for using Link Gun.

- Improved AI decision making for whether target can be attacked.

- Fixed replication of bot aiming pitch.

* Various exploit fixes

- Fixed core damaging exploit with shaped charge.

* Several stability fixes

- Avoid NaNs in angular velocity, coming from ToAxisAndAngle.

- Fix for assert trying to replicate zero FQuat (eg. replicating physics before struct has been filled in)

- Fixed issue where hoverboard failed to be created.

* Several minor gameplay improvements

- Fixed not always showing portraits for banter during campaign.

- Duel match ends if one player leaves.

- More fixes for stats reporting (suicides in some cases).

- Remove "Orbs Scored" stat from game since it wasn't used

- No quickstart if only one player in instant action match.

- Fixed cases where players weren't getting proper scoring bonuses for prime nodes.

- Fixed stats credit for translocator telefrags.

- Force respawn if no teammate bots in campaign.

- Adjusted "too close to attack" range for Manta and Viper.

- Fixed cases where SPMA could shoot through a wall it was up against.

- Increased incoming shell sound radius.

- Fixed manta crouch at full speed exploit.

- Pop vipers out of water if underwater.

- Fixed some rail turret replication issues.

- Improved rail turret controls.

* Various rendering fixes

- Fixed sporadic sorting issues with instagib and shock beams, and occasionally other effects.

- Fixed flag icon scaling on minimap at different resolutions

- Fixed orb scaling in minimap at different resolutions.

- Improved gib lighting.

- Fixed clients seeing full redeemer explosion when non-guided redeemer is shot out of the air.

- Fixed cases where orb spawner didn't properly animate in network games.

- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of listen server if the gibbed player wasn't visible to the server player.

- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of low-gore listen server.

- Fixed big head mutator not popping at lower LODs.

- Fixed LOD settings for fallback character mesh.

- Improved character lighting.

- Fixed foot placement for nearby visible players getting on hoverboard.

- Fixed rocket launcher switching away on client before firing last three loaded rockets.

- Fixed weapon overlay sometimes shown with hidden hands.

* Misc

- Fixed some environmental stats

- No friendly fire mutator in Duel.

- Fixed "player" non-existent bots showing up in voice command menu.

- Adjusted "last second save" message priority.

- Don't allow berserk mixed with speed freak.

- When paging up/down on a list, when it wraps around, just wrap to the first/last element of the list, not the first + a page, that makes short lists (1.5 screens high, etc) kind of messy

- code fix for red searchlight not following red marker

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is great news, thank you!

Prisoner 849

Wow that is huge. Been hoping for that for a long time.

Definitely loading this game up tomorrow when the patch is up!
    UT3Mod.com Direct-download mod resource for PS3. Check it out!

There's still a long way to go but this is a nice start, it would've helped if you had told us you were working on a patch though
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Nightanim1.gif
    http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Tailsnakes.jpg
    I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name. - Lupe Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by WarTourist View Post
    WarTourist, please clarify. Does this mean that PS3 players can now play on the same servers PC players play on?
    '99 Kick A$$ old skool server: Dawn's Deathmatch Palace (72.249.51.52)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanquol View Post
    Buying Vista and defending it as a prime os is like allowing you to get raped and defending the raper.

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by martinblank View Post
    WarTourist, please clarify. Does this mean that PS3 players can now play on the same servers PC players play on?
    I know I'm not WarTourist, but I was under the impression that that means that you can host a server from a PC for the PS3. You know how you can rent servers and host PC games? We could see the same thing for PS3 (i think)
    UT3Mod.com Direct-download mod resource for PS3. Check it out!

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is amazing. Just when I thought Epic had given up on PS3 users, you come out with this. Thank you. BTW like Tails said it would have helped a ton if we were notified of future patches.
    PSN ID: Black_star

Luseferous's prediction of UT4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Luseferous View Post
    Quick plot synopsis: Demo guy seeks to take over the universe by using an army of his clones. You must disguise yourself as one of these clones and take on his vast army.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Nice to See Epic Has Not Abandoned Support for the PS3.

It is good to see that Epic has not abandoned support for the PS3 version of UT3. If only Epic would work together with Sony to publicize UT3 more on the Playstation Store and on http://www.us.playstation.com/ . What about creating a demo and new videos for the Playstation Store? Last week I found a UT3 video on the Japanese Playstation Store. It appeared to be better than the one that's on the US Playstation Store because it shows off more of the different weapons & vehicles.
    Also, why not get an in-depth presentation of UT3 and some trailers on an upcoming episode of Qore? The holiday shopping season is coming up fast & it would be foolish on Epic's part to misss the opportunity to stimulate interest (and sales) of UT3.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDemonSlick

Do any of the stability fixes correct the Demo guy bug or help with Mod Support? Also, please clarify what is the truth of the matter regarding what Grinchy/Martinblank said. Also, Thanks! Anything is great.
    Server Admins and PS3 hosts... Your machines are crying out for JUSTICE!!! http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=683493
    The Demon Slick went BOOM!
    http://www.freewebs.com/boomshouse/
    The Skaarj Return! Thanks to EE. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=680443

MSgt. Shooter Person

Happy to see they still work on UT3 for PS3 to some degree but I don't see anything I really care about. I see a lot of really minor tweaks.
    What does this mean?-"Dedicated PC server support for PS3 clients" Someone said u can set up a pc server for PS3 games but why does that matter if you can just use your ps3 to do that?

I don't see anything about helping with the game freezing up when you join a server; No text messaging so we can feel like we're actually interacting with human players. the voice chat kinda sucks.
    Disappointed.
    Last edited by shane1v; 09-23-2008 at 11:32 PM.
    PS3 owner:
    UT3(keybrd/mouse),Rock Band,GTA4, Warhawk, MotorStorm
    Add me(shane1v) to your Friends list

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by aFH_wikkid View Post

Hosting from a pc is a much better option as it now allows people to rent servers, like say a person has a crappy bandwidth, well now they can have their own server and play at the same time!!
    Out with the laggy servers, in with some good ass whoopin!!
    i dont know what you're talking about. I host game servers on my PS3 and they seem to work very well. Guys with I play with say the same.

But if it means more good servers and more people to play, I'm all for it of course.

Other than this, the patch looks like a lot of really minor tweaks I never even notice in DM/TDM
    PS3 owner:

MSgt. Shooter Person

nothing for not being able to replace the bio rifle in weapon replacement....damn!
    isnt this patch supposed to be live by now
    i still havent been prompted to download it
    and theres nothing in the psn store
    PSN: sickboogiemurder
    Support UT3 on PS3
    www.iAMGaming.com
    Home to the PS3 UT3 community

Myspace

I've downloaded it

its up here in EU at least

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Hi again, one of my friends who can't come here wanted me to post this for him:

"complain about the lack of mod features and custom sounds, not to mention factions and fpv arms and gibs."
    - Metatronstar
    Server Admins and PS3 hosts... Your machines are crying out for JUSTICE!!! http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=683493
    The Skaarj Return! Thanks to EE. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=680443

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN ID: AJGamer

Quote Originally Posted by shane1v View Post
    i dont know what you're talking about. I host game servers on my PS3 and they seem to work very well. Guys with I play with say the same.

But if it means more good servers and more people to play, I'm all for it of course.

Other than this, the patch looks like a lot of really minor tweaks I never even notice in DM/TDM
    Hello, shane1v. This is AJGamer from the PSN. I can attest to the excellent quality of service your PS3's server provides. Likewise, I have never received complaints about my PS3's server when I run it. I routinely request feedback about it and have yet to receive any negative responses. I know that one of the players who uses my PS3's server is located in Germany and he too tells me that it runs virtually lag free and without issue's.

What I don't understand is why the dedicated Midway servers have such problems (boots and freezes) when our PS3's Listen servers do not. I would like to see that addressed in a future patch as it would greatly enhance the online service that is provided.

Epic Games,
    Thank you very much for continuing to support this fantastic game. I was starting to believe that you were abandoning us and am ecstatic to discover that I was wrong. UT3 is my first experience with the Unreal Tournament series and I have enjoyed it despite the few nagging issues that remain. I have owned nearly every shooter available for the PS3 and this is far better than all but Resistance:Fall of Man. By this point in time I have sold every PS3 shooter other than UT3. Many of the shooters are designed for below average skilled gamers to be good at and include ridiculous features such as Aim Assist (many including CoD4) or even Target Locking (Warhawk). There is no point in playing a shooter, in which the goal is to be more accurate and efficient at aiming, that has the aforementioned features. Thank you for not bowing down to the masses and including such genre purpose defeating features.

As for the patch which is launching today, it is a wonderful surprise despite not addressing what many consider the most pertinent issues (dedicated server and Mod issues). I just checked and the patch is still not live here in the U.S., but I look forward to receiving it.

I hope you guys continue supporting the game on the PS3 and consider what B5GkarNarn mentioned or some rendition of that with a similar goal. This game is extremely fun and could greatly benefit from a little push to the PS3's user base. Some exhibition of the extremely talented and dedicated Mod creators you have here, too whom I am extremely grateful and pleased by, would not hurt either. No shooter on the PS3 can compete with this feature and look at all the buzz that Little Big Planet is receiving for what is essentially the same thing. Best wishes and thanks for the support.

.A.J.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

User created content for console games is the best thing to happen to console games since console games! Shout it from the rooftops! Or at least maybe a few internet/tv ads!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Demon Slick View Post
    User created content for console games is the best thing to happen to console games since console games! Shout it from the rooftops! Or at least maybe a few internet/tv ads!
    Absolutely!! I have been gaming on consoles since the Atari 2600. Never before have I been as enthusiastic about one feature of a game as I am about this one. Add mutators to the greatness that are mods and you have the greatest selling point of any game in the history of consoles.

The only way it could be topped is if I could create mods and mutators directly on my PS3. I am as grateful as anyone for the dedicated UT mod scene, specifically those willing to allow their mods to be cooked for the PS3.

If more people were aware of this it could only help sell more copies of the game.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Thanks AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by .A.J. View Post
    I hope you guys continue supporting the game on the PS3 and consider what B5GkarNarn mentioned or some rendition of that with a similar goal. This game is extremely fun and could greatly benefit from a little push to the PS3's user base. Some exhibition of the extremely talented and dedicated Mod creators you have here, too whom I am extremely grateful and pleased by, would not hurt either. No shooter on the PS3 can compete with this feature and look at all the buzz that Little Big Planet is receiving for what is essentially the same thing. Best wishes and thanks for the support.

.A.J.
    AJ, thank you for mentioning me & my ideas in your post. I'm also glad to see your posts on this thread because they are nicely detailed and demonstrate the same level of devotion to UT3 that many of us feel.

Long live UT3 on the PS3!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GOW_WarHoRe

Absolutely!! I have been gaming on consoles since the Atari 2600. Never before have I been as enthusiastic about one feature of a game as I am about this one. Add mutators to the greatness that are mods and you have the greatest selling point of any game in the history of consoles.

The only way it could be topped is if I could create mods and mutators directly on my PS3. I am as grateful as anyone for the dedicated UT mod scene, specifically those willing to allow their mods to be cooked for the PS3.

If more people were aware of this it could only help sell more copies of the game.
    Amen to that!!! I have similar experience with gaming and we sure have come along way from Pitfall and Asteroids. I think Epic is breaking down many barriers and I hope they continue to do so. I just wish they were a little more forthcoming with the information.....LOL

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN: Deathvein

Nice one, Epic.

Although this patch is great, I honestly think that a trophy patch would have brought a huge amount of players back, as well as expanding the community for the game.
    Best Games of '07
    |
    Unreal Tournament III | The Orange Box | Call of Duty 4 |

Best Games of '08
    |
    Grand Theft Auto IV | Fallout 3 | Burnout Paradise |

MSgt. Shooter Person

Epic, this is absolutely brilliant, thank you. Your PS3 fans really appreciate it !

Please can you also please add the ability to dynamically download maps that you dont currently have from a mod server on PSN in a future update. The feature of user created content for PS3 on UT3 is absolutely huge, but not enough people use it because either they dont know or because of the issue of copying one map at a time over a memory stick.

Also the PS3 version needs to support everything the PC mods can. I started creating a mod but when I found out you can not create a configuration menu for the PS3 version I stopped.

If these limitations on the PS3 version were not there we would have a lot more mods.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Have they made it easier to download mods? ie: Can we dump a ton of mods in one folder and hit "import all"? Or even use PS3s webbrowser to download them in-game?

Please add trophies and custom soundtrack support.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSNID: Herbyg

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear this.

Man, with more publicity, this game could get big. However, most people who know about UT3 are the people who've been following the series for quite a while. I don't think it gained many new users. Looks like advertising DOES make a big difference. Even with straight A's this game isn't too popular.

Long live UT3!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello, shane1v. This is AJGamer from the PSN. I can attest to the excellent quality of service your PS3's server provides. Likewise, I have never received complaints about my PS3's server when I run it. I routinely request feedback about it and have yet to receive any negative responses. I know that one of the players who uses my PS3's server is located in Germany and he too tells me that it runs virtually lag free and without issue's.

What I don't understand is why the dedicated Midway servers have such problems (boots and freezes) when our PS3's Listen servers do not. I would like to see that addressed in a future patch as it would greatly enhance the online service that is provided.

Epic Games,
    Thank you very much for continuing to support this fantastic game. I was starting to believe that you were abandoning us and am ecstatic to discover that I was wrong. UT3 is my first experience with the Unreal Tournament series and I have enjoyed it despite the few nagging issues that remain. I have owned nearly every shooter available for the PS3 and this is far better than all but Resistance:Fall of Man. By this point in time I have sold every PS3 shooter other than UT3. Many of the shooters are designed for below average skilled gamers to be good at and include ridiculous features such as Aim Assist (many including CoD4) or even Target Locking (Warhawk). There is no point in playing a shooter, in which the goal is to be more accurate and efficient at aiming, that has the aforementioned features. Thank you for not bowing down to the masses and including such genre purpose defeating features.

As for the patch which is launching today, it is a wonderful surprise despite not addressing what many consider the most pertinent issues (dedicated server and Mod issues). I just checked and the patch is still not live here in the U.S., but I look forward to receiving it.

.A.J.
    Hey AJ!
    Well said! Better than my reflexive griping ;-)

I still vote for in game text messaging!
    PS3 owner:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Out-fragging-standing, thank you Epic!

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks epic, i thought that you had forgotten the ps3, but this is great!!!! tahnks
    Visit my website: www.skatox.com (Ps3, Internet, Linux, Java, Videogames and more)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN: Deathvein

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Rains View Post
    However, most people who know about UT3 are the people who've been following the series for quite a while. I don't think it gained many new users.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you.

I managed to persuade some of my 'UT-virgin' friends to buy it, though.
    Best Games of '07
    |
    Unreal Tournament III | The Orange Box | Call of Duty 4 |

Best Games of '08
    |
    Grand Theft Auto IV | Fallout 3 | Burnout Paradise |

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by B5GkarNarn View Post
    It is good to see that Epic has not abandoned support for the PS3 version of UT3. If only Epic would have worked together with Sony to publicize UT3 more on the Playstation Store and on http://www.us.playstation.com/ . What about creating a demo and new videos for the Playstation Store? Last week I found a UT3 video on the Japanese Playstation Store. It appeared to be better than the one that's on the US Playstation Store because it shows off more of the different weapons & vehicles. This is totally insane since Japan is not the target market for this game.
    Also, why not got an in-depth presentation of UT3 and some trailers on an upcoming episode of Qore? Last year's holiday shopping season was coming up fast & it would have been foolish on Epic's part to misss the opportunity to stimulate interest (and sales) of UT3.
    Fixed. Afterall, the game now sells for $10.

I hope this patch isn't some sort of: "Look, we still support UT3 on PS3 and b.t.w. here is a new UT3 2009 edition for $60" - move from Epic, cause I doubt people will ever buy anything on the PS3 from them again. This patch is very nice, but its release date should have been february 2008, not (almost) october 2008.

Apropos: I already had a freeze on a vCTF server, just like the old days. *puts back game underneath glass of milk*.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's good to see the new patch. Thanks epic.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Sfred View Post
    It's good to see the new patch. Thanks epic.
    How many people actually think this patch is much of anything??

Seems VERY minor glitches were addressed. None I have ever noticed playing and I'm a huge UT fan.
    Some people seem to like the PC server support. If it means there will be stable PC servers, thank you.

How about stable midway servers?
    In game text messaging is most important to me(with audible option would be best case). Thank you very much for the voice chat,seriously. But it doesn't work all that well and few use it.

I look forward to the next patch.
    Last edited by shane1v; 09-25-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    PS3 owner:

Veteran

PC server support ought to tell you something. Crossplatform works. a PC server runs the PC version of the game, and serves PS3 clients. It looks like they don't need to do very much more to actually implement true crossplatform, and I sincerely hope they are working towards that goal.
    I run VoxHouse (VHSGames) and the UnrealDB.
    Film & Game producer, using and teaching UDK & Unreal Engine 4. Please stop by and say a good word on my project thread.
    Also feel free to join us on #udkc irc.gamesurge.net or via web: http://myclodel.com to chat live with others in the UDK community.

MSgt. Shooter Person

What do you mean by stable? I was thinking they would have fixed the black bullets shooting out of vehicles when playing custom maps... can't believe they didn't fix that!!
    When I(anyone) enter a midway server, very often(sometimes 3 times in a row, with or without my downloaded maps disabled) the loading map will freeze or load endlessly, forcing a user to power down and restart the system.
    Last edited by shane1v; 09-25-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    PS3 owner:

Banned

Thanks alot. I enjoy the game so much and the little bitty stuff can make out to be something great. Thanks for not forgetting us PS3ers!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

That's one of the things i hated most before the most recent patch, so today i have joined server after server to cause my ps3 to crash and it hasn't done it once...
    Which server ( and game mode ) has it happened to you with, i would like to join it and see if it will do it to me too??
    I don't think this patch addresses the midway server problems, you are probably getting lucky. It doesn't happen every time to me either, just often.
    I usually play DM/TDM
    PS3 owner:

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

How many people actually think this patch is much of anything??

Seems VERY minor glitches were addressed. None I have ever noticed playing and I'm a huge UT fan.
    Some people seem to like the PC server support. If it means there will be stable PC servers, thank you.

How about stable midway servers?
    In game text messaging is most important to me(with audible option would be best case). Thank you very much for the voice chat,seriously. But it doesn't work all that well and few use it.

I look forward to the next patch.
    I'm with you on this one shane. I am glad to see them addressing the minor issue's that they did with this patch but further work should be done. Hopefully they can get to it in a timely manner. I'm hoping the PC server support adds stability to the PS3's online system. Mainly I would like to see the issue's you mentioned addressed in the next patch.

When I(anyone) enter a midway server, very often(sometimes 3 times in a row, with or without my downloaded maps disabled) the loading map will freeze or load endlessly, forcing a user to power down and restart the system.
    I too have witnessed this on multiple occasions.

I don't think this patch addresses the midway server problems, you are probably getting lucky. It doesn't happen every time to me either, just often.
    I usually play DM/TDM
    I too tend to play DM/TDM and this is where I witness the problem. Mostly TDM.

k well i will say as of now, that i have test joined every midway server in the warfare section and not one has crashed on me and to me that says something. Before i could almost tell you when a server would crash me and today, not one has. I am going to join DM servers to see if i crash there because i was hoping that bug would get fixed!!

Edit/Add:
    your right i found one in TDM, the map said sanctuary when joining and it just kept loading and loading. It didn't freeze me the way it use to but it kept loading, makes me think its the bug where when you join a server and if you join while the map is changing it just keeps trying to join that map... All i had to do was open xmb and quit game, then restart the game!
    There is definitely an issue with the handling (or lack thereof) of joining a room while it is in the process of switching maps. This seems to be what is causing the never ending (and not freezing) loading screen. Quiting and restarting the game is the only way to end this.

The other issue that shane and I note is that occasionally, when joining a game, the loading screen literally freezes. This may happen many times in a row. This is only solved by physically resetting the PS3 from the console itself. I am not sure what is causing this but it does not seem to be my internet connection (it could be lost packets or anything as far as I know). I'm pretty sure that this is not from a map change because usually when I power back on and get online and to the server list the server is still on the same map. Hopefully Epic's quality control team can figure out the actual cause of this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Deathvein View Post
    Nice one, Epic.

Although this patch is great, I honestly think that a trophy patch would have brought a huge amount of players back, as well as expanding the community for the game.
    I have to agree Epic, that would be huge. Trophies are the new thing and if a game has it, then it is amazing no matter what and people want to get it to build up their trophy collection. This would bring back so many people, as well as bring in new customers that missed the game or didn't have the console at the time. Also, with a lower price tag, the game would sell like crazy. Epic I would definitely look into this.

Banned

I've had the server lockup problem for a long time now, and also occasionally just get the loading forever one. Most of the time when it happens I'll spend 3 or 4 times trying to connect to a server and having to reboot the PS3 before I can get it to work. Hasn't happened since the patch, but I'll try some specific servers and see. I ALWAYS lock on Midway_56 (or 056) and Midway_09 without fail. I've learned to not even try them.

As far as this patch, the lag seemed like it was mostly gone this weekend when I played on the Midway servers. It almost felt like playing a new game. There was a little lag here or there, but nothing like before. I hope it's a result of other things getting fixed in the game, because it was actually fun to play again for a change. I've only tried it on DM/TDM so far, but I'll check the others out too.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: (PS3)Oizu

Quote Originally Posted by Protopet View Post
    I have to agree Epic, that would be huge. Trophies are the new thing and if a game has it, then it is amazing no matter what and people want to get it to build up their trophy collection. This would bring back so many people, as well as bring in new customers that missed the game or didn't have the console at the time. Also, with a lower price tag, the game would sell like crazy. Epic I would definitely look into this.
    i have to agree here i really do think a trophy patch would add a hell of a lot to this game, and bring back in a lot of people and add a lot when its being sold at ú20 in a lot of places

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast