Hi everyone. We're thrilled to announce the second patch for the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 has passed Sony cerification and will be released at roughly 12:00 GMT on 9/24/08.
Below you'll find all the additions, fixes and tweaks included in this patch:
* Dedicated PC server support for PS3 clients
* Various AI fixes/tweaks
- Tweaked bot taunting frequency.
- Players have priority over bots for touching flag.
- AI difficulty tweaks.
- Improved bot decision making for whether to attack node or enemy.
- Bots don't camp orb spawners as much.
- Improved AI for locking node with orb.
- Improved low skill bots use of SPMA.
- Added bot taunting animation support.
- Improved bot informational voice message frequency and message selection.
- Tweaked AI skill auto-adjust in campaign.
- Improved AI for using Flak Cannon.
- Improved AI for using Impact Hammer.
- Improved AI for using Link Gun.
- Improved AI decision making for whether target can be attacked.
- Fixed replication of bot aiming pitch.
* Various exploit fixes
- Fixed core damaging exploit with shaped charge.
* Several stability fixes
- Avoid NaNs in angular velocity, coming from ToAxisAndAngle.
- Fix for assert trying to replicate zero FQuat (eg. replicating physics before struct has been filled in)
- Fixed issue where hoverboard failed to be created.
* Several minor gameplay improvements
- Fixed not always showing portraits for banter during campaign.
- Duel match ends if one player leaves.
- More fixes for stats reporting (suicides in some cases).
- Remove "Orbs Scored" stat from game since it wasn't used
- No quickstart if only one player in instant action match.
- Fixed cases where players weren't getting proper scoring bonuses for prime nodes.
- Fixed stats credit for translocator telefrags.
- Force respawn if no teammate bots in campaign.
- Adjusted "too close to attack" range for Manta and Viper.
- Fixed cases where SPMA could shoot through a wall it was up against.
- Increased incoming shell sound radius.
- Fixed manta crouch at full speed exploit.
- Pop vipers out of water if underwater.
- Fixed some rail turret replication issues.
- Improved rail turret controls.
* Various rendering fixes
- Fixed sporadic sorting issues with instagib and shock beams, and occasionally other effects.
- Fixed flag icon scaling on minimap at different resolutions
- Fixed orb scaling in minimap at different resolutions.
- Improved gib lighting.
- Fixed clients seeing full redeemer explosion when non-guided redeemer is shot out of the air.
- Fixed cases where orb spawner didn't properly animate in network games.
- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of listen server if the gibbed player wasn't visible to the server player.
- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of low-gore listen server.
- Fixed big head mutator not popping at lower LODs.
- Fixed LOD settings for fallback character mesh.
- Improved character lighting.
- Fixed foot placement for nearby visible players getting on hoverboard.
- Fixed rocket launcher switching away on client before firing last three loaded rockets.
- Fixed weapon overlay sometimes shown with hidden hands.
- Fixed some environmental stats
- No friendly fire mutator in Duel.
- Fixed "player" non-existent bots showing up in voice command menu.
- Adjusted "last second save" message priority.
- Don't allow berserk mixed with speed freak.
- When paging up/down on a list, when it wraps around, just wrap to the first/last element of the list, not the first + a page, that makes short lists (1.5 screens high, etc) kind of messy
- code fix for red searchlight not following red marker