MSgt. Shooter Person

Mutator (PC) Melee Attack!!!!

I was thinkin somewhere along the lines of a basic punch that would send your opponent flyin a few feet back and into ragdoll effect givin you some time to kill them execution style... Now i would like to see an animation for both 1st and 3rd person view and bot support. Thanx to The Hacker weapon mut i been usin the h3ll outta its secondary fire mod but now im at the point where i wanna punch so one wih any gun i may have equipped and send em flyin lol. if anyone is interested and attempting this lil mut please let me kno. i would be extremely happy to help in anyway possible.

Jus a thought but for first person animation u could maybe use the regular on screen arm (minus the enforcer) and jus make it swing out in a cross motion and for the 3rd person view jus tweak and existing taunt animation... idk
    Last edited by Cels1287; 09-15-2008 at 02:06 PM.
    Holy S**t

MSgt. Shooter Person

No one is interested in this? No one? Come on some one has to see the joy in this?!?!?
    Holy S**t

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JumaAm

i like the idea, but will someone create it?
    Epic have reconsidered a Gears 2 PC port!
    "Shipping Gears 2 on PC isn't going to be happening anytime soon, if ever."
    Epic just need the time. We should have the patience.

Banned

i would rather like to see punshing someone with your weapon. problem with the "execution style" is that the hitboxes of ragdoll are pretty strange. (at least online)

MSgt. Shooter Person

by "execution style" i only mean fraggin a downed enemy... jus a simple punch to knock a player back and into ragdoll effect for a few seconds...
    Holy S**t

Banned

yea, but a player in ragdoll is not that easy to hit (with sniper for example) as the hitboxes are pretty screwed (At least online)

MSgt. Shooter Person

what I'd like to see is a full fighting game where you go ragdoll with strong hits
    Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)o This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

MSgt. Shooter Person

eh well for what its worth id love to see this mut still... lol i think it would jus b fun to smack the h3ll outta some guy b4 killin him lol
    Holy S**t

Yeah, I wanted an Instamelee mutator, but one that only does damage, not ragdoll. (Kinda like Halo).

But now that I think about it, this game doesn't really need any kind of melee system, even though it may be cool. The weapons are simply too powerful to allow people to get too close. (Well, it's really hard for me to get kills with the Impact Hammer, but maybe I just suck.)

Banned

flak in the face is kinda melee attack too :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

im able to get close to people all da time....
    Holy S**t

MSgt. Shooter Person

lol dude I was trying to figure out how to make mellee weapons like a katana or something like that. The only problem is, I suck at unrealscript xP.
    +the animation would suck like you just punch without throwing your body forth

Untill then... no mod for you xD... unless some Unrealscript guru waves his magic wand..
    CHECK OUT MY NEW PORTFOLIO!!!
    http://www.makkura.be

MSgt. Shooter Person

well he needs to hurry da h3ll up!!!!!!!! lol
    Holy S**t

nitroxl

MELEE!!

Pleeaaseee somebody make a Melee! Im trying to make a story based game and i wqant to make somthin like zombies that can only hit you Liek on Doom 3

SO PLEASE SOMEBODY MAKE THISSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
    yea, but a player in ragdoll is not that easy to hit (with sniper for example) as the hitboxes are pretty screwed (At least online)
    This game does not have per-pixel polygon hit detection?

MSgt. Shooter Person

the rag doll is not a problem. what you do is blend it into a animation once the body hits the ground. (kinda like when you fall off the snowbored) or blend in mid air when its less obvious. it could work. but it would be a hard thing to pull off with the animation blending.

EASY to make
    HARD to perfect

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gameslaya View Post
    This game does not have per-pixel polygon hit detection?
    what i mean is this: i shoot someone off the hoverboard and while he's still lying on the ground i hit him with a flakball, but he gets no damage.

hey do u kno wat wud b beter a sord if u got cloud or zack it wud look kool and u'l kno wat it looks like.u cud change the look of the impact hammer in a mutator to a sword and the attack into a swipe and lower the power a wee bit but giv it a bit mor reach to balance it but keep it as if you hold down attack oits a 1 hit kill and it also replaces the impact hammer so u get it by presin circle

MSgt. Shooter Person

coda mod bro... best sword mut out!!!
    Last edited by Cels1287; 10-13-2008 at 03:48 PM.
    Holy S**t