Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FYC Punker

Default Wow people are dumb.

Ok i work at gamestop and yesterday i had a TON of people coming into the store looking for Gears of war 2.

The first guy i had come in handed me a brand new copy of Gears of war and told me that the gamestop he went to sold him the first one by mistake and he wanted to trade it in to get Gears 2 and when i told him it doesnt come out untill November 7th he started to scream and curse at me for being "an idiot who doesnt know what he is talking about" and he wanted to see my boss,so i told my boss the situation and when he comes to talk to the guy he doesnt get a word out before we both here "Hey this retard you have working here doesnt want to sell me Gears of war 2" my boss of course tell him what i told him and then the guy resumes to scream and curse and he then has to be let out by security.

Then this little 12 year old kid comes in and wants to buy Gears of war and Gears of war 2,I tell him i cant sell him the game but i can take his reserve for Gears 2 beacuse its not out yet he just cant pick it up without his parent or w/e,he doesnt say anything and walks out of the store...About 10 min later he walks back in the store with his mom and SHE starts to yell and scream at me for not selling her son a video game and when i explain about the "M" rating she screams and says "Well you cant f***ing tell me I cant buy the game so sell it too me!!" so i sold her Gears 1,Then her son says "No mom i also wanted Gears of war 2" so she screams "WTF are you only selling me one for" Then I told her the games not out you need to reserve it blah blah blah...she screams at me again and says "F*** this store we are never coming here again"

But my point to these storys is that Gears 2 is really building up to the hype where people are going crazy over the game.

Either that are people are just crazy in general.

Redeemer

peopleare just crazy in general..but gears leads to insanity..wait till release day lol. when the come to buy it an dont have a reserve...and there mugging people on the way to there car just too get a screaming kid the game.
    signature removed by admin- over allowed size

Banned
    Gamer IDs

those are only 2 storys out of about the 10 people i had ask me about the game yesterday.

its like people are just learning about it and they think its out.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProfessUK

I haven't seen anything so far that tells me Gears2 is now out. Even the Rendezvous Trailer gives the release date at the end.

I would have to agree that those people are retarded.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Imortalfalcon

Wow dude that is insane! when I read the little kid part I got that sinking gay feeling, you know when you experience something really gay, like a cartoon or Banjo Kazooie. Those people are retarded, and a little kid getting Gears!?! what teh fuzzuk!!

Man for some reason I know your pain... well back to cowering in fear from hurricane Ike.
    I have my brother, he's with me to the end. Who's with you?

It's about teamwork, it's about tactics. If you want a team player, give me a ring.

I've worked sales, so I know how you feel, for every five normal customers, there's always one wacko heading your way.

The ones that frustrated me the most were the ones that couldn't seem to grasp the simplest of concepts, like, "No, Gears Of War 2 isn't released until November, this is September...". And their like, "Sooo... can you give me that Gears Of War 2 now then? I'm kinda in a rush.". Grrrrr!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nasty Plot

And you wonder why people bring guns to work and shoot up the place. I'm pretty sure that would have been the day I would have been fired if I was in your shoes.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pandut

When i reserved my copy of Gears2, the worker there said that i was the only one to pre-order the game and know that its not released yet.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LOST REMEDY

Default Hahaha no way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandut View Post
    When i reserved my copy of Gears2, the worker there said that i was the only one to pre-order the game and know that its not released yet.
    I went to EB Games once and The clerk said I was the only one to the store that wanted to reserve gears of war 2 with out "buying it" then well I was reserving some as$hole kid and his mom cut in front of me trying to "buy it"

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Damn kids and their moms...

It's about teamwork, it's about tactics. If you want a team player, give me a ring.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UKS BulletPoint

Quote Originally Posted by Imortalfalcon View Post
    Wow dude that is insane! when I read the little kid part I got that sinking gay feeling, you know when you experience something really gay, like a cartoon or Banjo Kazooie. Those people are retarded, and a little kid getting Gears!?! what teh fuzzuk!!

Man for some reason I know your pain... well back to cowering in fear from hurricane Ike.
    That gay feeling, when you experience something...gay? I'm not sure whether your trying to tell us something or you just can't express what you mean to say. Oh, and I do agree Banjo Kazooie is most definitely homosexual(?)

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bizkitdoh

LOL thanks for sharing that story, that was halarious! people are dumb, no?
    people are going to be killing eachother over this game.... i can see it coming.
    ~ Put a steel mask on your face and armor on your heart ~
    My South Park Squad homies - TAO Devil, SQuirrel147, & Gnashes.
    EGFC Member #812
    My YouTube Channel - TheBizkitdoh - Commentaries, Lets Plays, MP Gameplays, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter, @Bizkitdoh - I talk/rage about Gears, Food, Anime, Music, Fighting Games, Anime, Other games, Anime, and Anime.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kantham

Quote Originally Posted by FYC Punker View Post
    Ok i work at gamestop
    There's nothing more wrong and innocent/misinformed than GameStop when it comes to employer and customers.

Maybe you're not another high school kid who wants a job there. Good, and sorry for the idiot screaming at you. Happens in this world! It's part of your job, sadly.

The guy may curse on you, call you whatever you want, but the true thing that pisses him off is the company itself. You just let him scream and look like another idiot in front of the other customers.

BTW FYC Punker, where you live? People seems rushed about life down there. Take-a-chill-pill city or something? :\
    Last edited by Kantham; 09-12-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by UKS_BulletPoint View Post
    That gay feeling, when you experience something...gay? I'm not sure whether your trying to tell us something or you just can't express what you mean to say. Oh, and I do agree Banjo Kazooie is most definitely homosexual(?)
    It's like the uber embarrassment feeling, you know lol. Like when something when gay happens you just say "woow... that was Gay" and it you can't stop thinking about it cause it was that traumatically gay. If you were to play Banjo Kazooie again right now, you would get that feeling.

and lmao your post made me laugh .

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHOGUN 47

OP, is working at Gamestop worth it?

I'm really considering working there, but I hear bad things about it. I was thinking about working in stock, but what are my chances of getting that position? The reason I ask is becuase I would rather work in the back rather than working at the cashier

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MOHDI080

The first guy sounds retarded. The mom however is a really bad parent. Buying her kid an M-rated game? Cursing infront of her kid? That's really ****ed up.

-Marth
    ~*{M}ellon{C}ollie{A}nd{T}he{I}nfinite{S}adness*~

~*{S}ir {P}sycho {S}exy*~

I'm not really fond of the team-name 'Chainsawdomizers'. The current name partially implies that I like to f*** guys in the a**, which I'd rather avoid.-Shadow Dancer

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxLuCky5hOt21xX

Quote Originally Posted by Marth View Post
    The first guy sounds retarded. The mom however is a really bad parent. Buying her kid an M-rated game? Cursing infront of her kid? That's really ****ed up.

-Marth
    I'm thirteen and I have the game. The storeclerk who sold it to me only said "You are aware of the M rating".

If the game gets delayed people will be rioting.
    Tomorrow Sera will be mine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Disciple of Waldo.

Dancing on the ashes of the world, I behold the stars.
    Heavy gale is blowing to my face, rising up the dust.
    Barren lands are desperate to blossom, dark stars strive to shine.
    I still remember blue oceans, in this dying world.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IgnitionCORE

lol, where are you from man?

people are retarded

Banned
    Gamer IDs

-Marth
    i know i was just staring at her with my jaw on the floor like are you kidding me?!?!?!

oh and i live in new york....but no where near any bad parts...and belive me i know bad parts i grew up in the city.

oh and someone asked if working at gamestop is worth it...its really not all the kids i work with (im 21) are stupid...and the people you have to deal with...omg.

like when you try to explain to someone why xbox 360 elite cost more they stare at you like you just mind raped them with information that will make them want to shoot themselves.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FYC Punker View Post
    i know i was just staring at her with my jaw on the floor like are you kidding me?!?!?!

oh and i live in new york....but no where near any bad parts...and belive me i know bad parts i grew up in the city.

oh and someone asked if working at gamestop is worth it...its really not all the kids i work with (im 21) are stupid...and the people you have to deal with...omg.

like when you try to explain to someone why xbox 360 elite cost more they stare at you like you just mind raped them with information that will make them want to shoot themselves.
    Oh my god! Laugh my ass off!!! everything you say cracks me up! mind raped xD
    Classic!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: solarrbowlarr

That made my day.
    Stop being ungrateful for Gears of War 3.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bizkitdoh

-Marth
    I agree with Marth 100% on this one.
    ~ Put a steel mask on your face and armor on your heart ~
    My South Park Squad homies - TAO Devil, SQuirrel147, & Gnashes.
    EGFC Member #812
    My YouTube Channel - TheBizkitdoh - Commentaries, Lets Plays, MP Gameplays, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter, @Bizkitdoh - I talk/rage about Gears, Food, Anime, Music, Fighting Games, Anime, Other games, Anime, and Anime.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Made my day too. I literally ROFL copter'd to my ceiling.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Stank Johnson99

with customers like that you'd better hope they never shop their again, lmao!
    "dude, how do we kill this boss?"
    "wait, guys I got it. Lets wait till the game straight up tells us!"
    Push (Y)
    "dang I never thought of that!"

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JAVELIN FANGZZ

Those people are not crazy, just mentally unstable.

Banned

Lol, you shoulda swore at them.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mortificus View Post
    hahahahaha that made my day thanks!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

You know, if I was in your shoes that day and those "people" said that to me. This is what I'd say:

"You really need to stop licking your balls".

Trust me I do it when people get retarted, it shuts em' up real fast.