Redeemer

Map - Capture the Flag (PC/PS3) CTF - Safeguard 3 [PC] [version 3]

Hi everyone. Welcome to my CTF-Safeguard3 Release Thread.

Name: CTF-Safeguard3
    Version: 3 for UT3 PC
    Description: This is another update to safeguard, this version will not overwrite safeguard version 2.
    DOWNLOAD

A Level for UT3

-----------------------------------------------------
    General Info

Title: CTF-SafeGuard 3

Filename: CTF-SafeGuardV3.zip

Author: Bryan Sparksman

EMail Address: sparky_1309@hotmail.com

Release Date: 07/9/2008

Version: 3.0

Credits:

The content of this level was taken all from the retail version of UT3, I did modify some materials, but a big thanks to EPIC for putting their content into well sort out groups, I would not have been able to do this if it was not for this level of organization.

Thanks to "Larathiel eMail" who created this map for UT1, this map was great, and was simple enough to be the very first map I have made.

Author's Notes

I named it safeguard as this fits nicely to the alarm theme that I have, where if the flag is taken ever one will know. I find this a good reminder that the flag is not in base.

Changes in version 1.1
    * Set collision for the grills behind the rocket and the stinger, so player could not semi walk into these.
    * Added a small team logo into the flak room.
    * Added a building to the view of the blue base platform.
    * Added Team colors to buildings outside main base windows.

Changes in version 1.2
    *fixed building mesh entering red base
    *fixed some blue base lights being red
    *Finisged door ways by curved link gun path
    *Proscribed path to prevent bots from being stuck at shield
    *fixed lighting on grills in flak room

Changes in version 2[*]Added meshes to the shield belt room ceiling.[*]Changed meshes used on the belt room windows[*]Changed the Post processing volume to increase contrast from bright and dark areas[*]Increased brightness of some lights[*]Reduced the blue effect of the fog.[*]Increased brightness of alarm lights[*]changed position of the flak cannon[*]Removed the window from the flag room to the main hall stairs[*]Added timer to the alarm so it will not continuously sound[*]Added Udamage[*]Added meshes and changed textures around the centre health[*]changed stair case by flak cannon[*]Re-meshed area under team logo at the main entrance[*]Removed bright lights that did not have light source[*]Added a few meshes here and there[*]Added texture path by rocket and stinger[*]Changed textures/meshes used rarely to a frequently used texture/mesh[*]Fixed being able to fire though one of the entrance windows[*]Updated UI images[*]Fixed some red lights in blue base to blue[*]Re arranged the meshes used by the team colours grilled doors by the flak cannon.[*]Added cull distance volume to make performance even better[*]Added mesh to left curved entrance floor[*]Added A mega structure to the background to act as the supports that hold the map high in the air[*]Changes the fog so that it does not black out the view when viewing the horizon[*]Added cull distance to allot of the buildings

Changes in version 3
    * Changed fog to a orange environment
    * Removed some of the Vials
    * Stopped Sun from shining in red base sniper area
    * Fixed bots rarely going up the stairs over the flag on attack, they do this often now.
    * Added meshes, changed mesh arrangement in the base entrance area, resulting in moving the super health.
    * Changed the meshes a bit around the center of the map.
    * Set allot of meshes to use lightmaps.. This should boost performance.. as it did with dreary an extra 30 FPS in some cases.

Installation

Unzip CTF-SafeGuardV3.zip

Move all files into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

If the directory does not exist, create it manually.

Type "open CTF- SafeGuard3" in the console, or select the level in a multiplayer/instant action game.

If you find you are seeing low detail meshes when you play. This is not a problem with my map rather a problem with your game setup. I have managed to fix this for myself.
    What I suggest you do, is uninstall, reinstall, patch, and then create the custom maps folder. Next time you play the map, all should look good!

Copyright / Permissions

This level is copyright 2008, by Bryan Sparksman.

Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit permission from the original author.

ANY bug fixes, fixes, changes, and tweaks may only be implemented by the author. No other person or party is allowed to release a modified version of this map without the author's permission. Please Email me regarding any changes you require.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this map or any of its embedded content.

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS, Magazine cover disk etc.), provided you include this file.

All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Last edited by bazzwano; 09-06-2008 at 10:11 PM.
    Keep up the good work Epic!! You guys are the Best!
    My Build: CPU: C2D-E6850, GPU:2xOC-8800ultras, MB: Asus Striker Extreme, 2x 150gb WD Raptor 2GB 8500C5 Ram
    Thank to the Judges and EPIC for the MSUC
    Please EPIC: Patch 2.1, Fix the UI settings not saving
    CTF-Safeguard3 - CTF-Dreary3 - CTF-Stratus V1.2

MSgt. Shooter Person

PS3 cook to come later?
    PSN ID: Black_star

Luseferous's prediction of UT4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Luseferous View Post
    Quick plot synopsis: Demo guy seeks to take over the universe by using an army of his clones. You must disguise yourself as one of these clones and take on his vast army.

God King

Hey Bazz

I've dwn the map and will play it later. I'm extremely confident that this will be a very polished version.

More, 99% sure that this version is bug free & will go beside the 2.0 since it seem very different. It would surprise me if I found anything to comments

So THX in advance to share the map publicly instead of letting this baby sleep on you're hard drive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by black_star View Post
    PS3 cook to come later?
    God damn this is why I hate PS3 people, so pushy

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by black_star View Post
    PS3 cook to come later?
    hey black star, this version was just a slightly diferent version that i had for myself.. there's not much difference from safeguard 2 so Im to lazy to do anything about a PS3 cook because its not worth it.. its basicly like version 2 with a orange invionment.. Sory.. not this time.. version 2 is fine for PS3
    at leaste I hope version 2 is good enough.. I really want it to win the MSUC
    My Build: CPU: C2D-E6850, GPU:2xOC-8800ultras, MB: Asus Striker Extreme, 2x 150gb WD Raptor 2GB 8500C5 Ram

MSgt. Shooter Person

How is that pushy? I just asked if it was coming since he didn't mention it in his original post. If he said yes, I'd be fine. If he said no, I'd be fine. I just wanted to know since this map happens to be one of my favorites. Bret, you're one of the most well liked and talented mappers, I didn't think you'd have such an elitist attitude.

EDIT: Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, bazzwano. Safeguard and Dreary are some of my favorite maps. I'm really looking forward to your next project.
    Last edited by black_star; 09-06-2008 at 11:28 PM.
    PSN ID: Black_star

Luseferous's prediction of UT4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Luseferous View Post
    Quick plot synopsis: Demo guy seeks to take over the universe by using an army of his clones. You must disguise yourself as one of these clones and take on his vast army.

God King

Hey Bazz

They're a bit different, I like all the small variations. Like I though, I will keep the 2 versions (2.0 & 3.0).

I notice a small glimps in 3.0, check in 2.0 and it's the same. It's minor but I just wanted to point it out so you'll be aware.

Just beside the flag, position yourself as I am, look at the lower glass looking the city beneath and go forward (yellow lines), you'll see some building appears and disappears when moving.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Like I said, THX for the map Best of luck for the MSUC ! This is so HQ that you should win

EDIT

Odd that you make this on purpose because it look more like a bug than something nice to watch... Anyway, you're the boss

Redeemer

yeh you will find allot of buildings do that.. did it on purpose

edit.. play torlan and watch as you fly around how things pop in and out of view.. I did this because I want players to see the buildings when they look out the windows, don't want them to see them outside those windows... they dont even touch the ground.. it was eather you see the city scape, or a horid building that never touches the ground..
    Last edited by bazzwano; 09-07-2008 at 03:25 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

a great map !

thanks

God King

Hey Bazz

You don't have to thx me because I put you're map on my list. The 2.0 was already there so...

Beside, I don't understand how come there isn't more post than this (only 8 excluding me)

I mean, hey, it's a fabulous map and more, I see that you're thread as only 2 stars (1 vote & 2 points on 5...) This is deceiving, frustrating for this high quality map regardless if it's only "minors updates". People are so damn ***, I don't believe this. Everybody I know will give you 5 stars and none the less You have my sweet little XXXXX man

C'ya

Skaarj

Very nice, all though this version is only subtly different, it really does feel complete now (not that it didn't before, but this raises the bar). It just works and feels perfect.
    Great job!!! Everyone should grab this map

Redeemer

someone gave it 2 stars :S weard.. they must be one of those pro players that want UT1 looking maps..

MSgt. Shooter Person

you have my 5 stars to !

Banned

Well man you know I had to vote and get this thread back to five star level (which it is now) ... your maps deserve nothing less.

Absolutely great map Beautiful hi-tech map and it play like a charm

Many thanks

Redeemer

3rd place bah! i guess i should be happy with that

Iron Guard

Grats on 3rd place, and yes you should be happy with that

good luck in phase 2!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey bazzwano, thanks for releasing this fantastic map, the details are what make it super!

Btw, when did you release V3? cause I only just put V2 on my server lol

Palace Guard

Another Safeguard version... sick.
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.

Project Leader of UT3Dom (Domination).

Redeemer

yeh released this the 7th September.. small change

Redeemer

Thumbs up latest and best version

nice city view and excellent mesh work and details, layout can be confusing but that's half the fun, good flow and bots are good.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Madcatz75

Wow talk about an old thread bump! But a good one.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hum, excuse me bazzwano, could you please explain how you've done this :

Set allot of meshes to use lightmaps.. This should boost performance.. as it did with dreary an extra 30 FPS in some cases.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    [Knowlage is power] Sinéad, for the first time, life is gonna turn around...

Iron Guard

Right click on a staticmesh, click "StaticMeshActor Properties", click "StaticMeshActor" in the properties, then go down to "StaticMeshComponent". Here you can choose to override Lightmap resolution. Normally you should probably set the number to 32 / 64 depending on how good shadows you want for that particular mesh, higher numbers result in sharper shadows iirc.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you so much for that tip!
    My life's better now Thrallala !
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    [Knowlage is power] Sinéad, for the first time, life is gonna turn around...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart View Post
    God damn this is why I hate PS3 people, so pushy
    He was just asking. >_>

omg
    Die hard or die trying

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Foufoune_Rose View Post
    Thank you so much for that tip!
    My life's better now Thrallala !
    Sorry I didn't reply, I very rarely come on the threads these days, busy with work my latest map isnt getting much attention like it should from me, but im getting back into it now, so the new map is still on the way. anyway good to see your questions answered.

Just to elaborate, depending on the size of the mesh I would even set my lightmap down to 8 in some cases.

also for anyone on the gears forums interested, you can see progress on my next map here:
    http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=187499

Thanks

Redeemer

Version 3 is the latest of this map. Just scrolling through the map pages under Full Releases and noticed Version 2 came up first.

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

That's odd. Why would I review the version 2 of this map ()? But anyway, got mirrors for this map since I've noticed that the download link at the first post is dead because I've been checked the author's signature (version 2 only came up), re-reviewing this version 3 later. Thanks again SM.

PS: I will keep both versions 2 and 3 of this map to get tidy.

Four mirrors on PC:
    = Direct=
    http://www.americangamerz.com/downlo...afeguardV3.zip
    = Indirect =
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/11787...afeguardV3.zip
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_49638.shtml
    http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=3135

One mirror on PS3:
    http://www.ut3mod.com/2008/03/ctf-map-safeguard.html
    Last edited by Private Tux; 07-17-2013 at 05:29 PM.