Default Why is Epic Games in the PCGA...also, I still say Gears 2 is coming to PC. Read why.

First off, Epic Games said that Gears of War 1 was definitely a 360 exclusive from Mark Rein himself, read on...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Defin...PC-44196.shtml. So yes, I wouldn't take Cliffy's word on it.

Also, why is Epic in the PCGA? They really don't seem to care about PC gamers, the ones who made them into the studio they are today. It just seems silly since they talk so much **** about PC gaming yet they are in the PCGA. Now, if it's true that they won't make a Windows version, they why are the in it? Seems they have no initiative to help the PCGA achieve some of it's goals.

Before you mouthbreathing 360 fanboys talk **** about PC gamers(which will happen), just remember that without the PC gamers, you wouldn't have Epic Games, which means no Gears of War, so please, keep the idiotic insults to yourself.

Boomshot

just remember that without the PC gamers, you wouldn't have Epic Games, which means no Gears of War, so please, keep the idiotic insults to yourself.
    Ugh, stop with this argument. There are so many other arguments for PC gaming that it's really unnecessary to use this one.

I highly doubt that Epic is simply abandoning the Unreal franchise, so it makes sense for them to join the PCGA even if they don't port Gears 2 to the PC.

Not that it's impossible for it to come to the PC, but I'm just stating the facts.

I know I shouldn't feed you, but I'm just curious, what's all this **** they've been saying about PC?
    Get Even !!
    Completed the PC version on Nov 21 -07 without a single crash.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Taffer View Post
    I highly doubt that Epic is simply abandoning the Unreal franchise, so it makes sense for them to join the PCGA even if they don't port Gears 2 to the PC.
    He probably feels like they abandoned that franchise already. It's had its success on PC, but they developed it multi-platform. In the end, that was reflected in that it wasn't really optimized for the PC platform, its "bread and butter," if you will.

Now, Mr. Bleszinski says there will be no PC version of GoW 2, because it's a console game, so that's where it will stay. They're not willing to risk anything by diverting resources for a PC version. And they certainly did not give that UT3 game the same consideration.

I hope you can understand why some PC gamers are upset, even if some don't always have the best choice of words.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DrtyThunder

I say lets just wait and see.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The fact that Epic is part of the PC Gaming Alliance is something, but I wouldn't count too much on that. This "Alliance" seems to be a joke at best.
    Valve and Blizzard aren't part of it, Microsoft is among the members, despite the fact that since the 360 came out, they did pretty much everything they could do to kill PC gaming in order to attract PC Gamers on their console.

Epic is part of it, good, but does that mean that they'll continue to port their games on the PC ? That's not so sure. They might begin to use the Microsoft tactic, i.e. releasing windows versions of their games only several years after the original.

I highly doubt that Epic is simply abandoning the Unreal franchise, so it makes sense for them to join the PCGA
    Epic said that Unreal Tournament 4 will be develloped mainly on consoles, so they are abandoning it, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Artheval_Pe View Post

Epic said that Unreal Tournament 4 will be develloped mainly on consoles, so they are abandoning it, in a way.
    No, they said no such thing. Alot of idiotic journalists(I despise game journalists) mistook the comment that the Unreal 4 Engine was exclusive to next-gen to consoles, not PC, which is a complete lie, even Tim Sweeny said so by clarifying it would be exclusive to next-gen consoles, not current gen. Don't believe me? Read this link.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38...ngine-4-Rumors

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooligunn

Stop filling this forum with complaints and whines about a game that was never even talked about for PC or please keep it to at least one thread. For the 1000th time, I'm going to repeat this one thing all you PC gamers are overlooking.

This is meant to be a console exclusive game. You were lucky to get the original purely because of the G4WL franchise boost it would provide. Look at the PS3 - do you see their big name exclusives coming to PC? Nuh uh. Wii? Nuh uh. The fact of the matter is, you were lucky to get the original in the first place, because if Gears had been on PS3, you wouldn't have played it on PC. So sit back, relax, forget about the game and talk about it IF they change their mind and announce one. If not, fine. Or you could just buy a 360 if you like the game that much.

Oh and one final word - just because Epic is in the PCGA doesn't mean jack towards a GoW2 PC port. The PCGA isn't some "we love PC to the ends of the earth and will give it every game we make" cult or something. Don't forget they have their UT3 franchise and their People Can Fly project that's coming to PC published by EA. Because of that, PCF can't port Gears 2 if they wanted to anyway probably (due to the team working on this new game).

Iron Guard

A lot of games use the Unreal Engine correct? Why then wouldn't they be a part of the PCGA?
    "I'm really looking forward to playing through Dead Space. It looks fantastic. Mark my words--It's going to be the sleeper hit of the year." -- Cliffy B GameSpot Q&A Oct 10th 2008.