Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Crayfis

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby4life0 View Post
    You guys throw me a suggestion for what Q3A maps you need redone, I was gonna remake Space 4 YET AGAIN but I stopped because I didn't want 3 versions of the same map.
    And apparently I've been beat to the CTF version of Tourney6..

...If you guys have a bit of patience, I can pretty much do a DM pack within the time frame of say 3months, then move on to CTF, Tournament, etc.
    Thanks alot for taking up the challenge Kirby. Take a look at the list, there are several maps already voted for and marked with a blue X. As you say, part of the motivation behind the list was to avoid multiple remakes all fighting for what little community exposure there is.
    Regarding the pack, personaly I'd much rather people devoted resources into focusing on quality over numbers. Guess this is not an issue now with the possibility of a community pack.. Massive luck with Ur work.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTStewart View Post
    Maybe instead of making a pack yourself we should get a couple of us together and release 3-4 maps as a pack.
    It would be very nice for testing among ourselves and a few different gametypes in one pack will make for some good variety...
    This is really exciting guys, let us know whats happening if this does go ahead. I can't commit with my first map, since I'm learning as I go along and dont know the development timeframe atm. Maybe soon. Plus kinda wanted to have a stand alone for my first release, its my special day but I duno... Perhaps could make my second specificaly for a pack, remake another CPMA map. Lets see how this goes... discuss

Quote Originally Posted by ColdfireRik View Post
    Haha good you're making a remake of ZTN3Tourney1 great map aswell I can already see myself dodging to that shieldbelt (RA) Err the diffrence between airowalk and hub3aeroq3 are the textures and strafing to the RA has become harder but that doesn't really effect the UT3 gameplay There might be more diffrences but i'm actually quiete new to CPMA/Q3A.
    Cya m8
    Yep set up the shield speciaficaly for wall dodge Huge luck with this release. Are you up for taking part in the pack too?

Exciting developmants Crayfish.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Very quiet here after all the excitement guys..
    Im coming along very nicely with my ztn3tourney1 remake. I've set the level in a Chinatown slum, very influenced by the 'Walled City' in Hong Kong, Blade Runner etc..
    Here is a WIP pic looking from the MegaHealth area towards the main room:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    And here is the left Jump-Pad shaft:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Im deffo up for making my next map for the pack. What are you guys all up to?

Crayfish.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Funny you should ask, my current set of classes (get new ones every month) just ended and I have off until Tuesday so I'm gonna be working on my map

I'm really liking the look of yours Crayfish can't wait to see how it progresses! And good luck on your first map. From the looks of it, once you start to really get the hang of it you'll be making some awesome maps.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow, it's been a while since anyone posted in here...

Anyway I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news?
    I think I'm going to give up on my remake of troubled waters...

The good news?
    The BSP is all blocked out, the weapons are all in place, and the pathing/spawn points all work fine. The only thing I didn't really do was the underwater passage. Right now it's really crappy. Anyway, I'm gonna upload the uncooked map if anyone wants to continue work on it.

The better news?
    I'm starting on a completely different version of Troubled Waters! I've got a new idea in my head, and the way I blocked out the previous version (Giant additive brush that I subtracted from) isn't going to work with my new idea so I'm starting from scratch. Only problem is, I'm super busy with school these days so I'm not sure how much work will actually get done on it , which is why I'm releasing the other one.

So, if anyone's interested, here's a link to the old version of TroubledWaters:
    Download

Banned

i started Q1DM6

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CPTStewart View Post
    I'm starting on a completely different version of Troubled Waters!
    Exciting news, cool that U offered up the BSP for the community, tragic when so much work goes to waste.. Keep us updated on your work Stewart
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
    i started Q1DM6
    Great news, not ever played this map will look it up. Q1 style maps are always fun.

My ztn3t1 remake has now been released:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=627235
    Check it out!!

btw I now have to split this thread, I cant add a singe extra character to the first post till I do...

Crayfish.

Banned

im still in early stage but ill start a WIP thread in the near future and give you the link.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi guys, i'm working on my own version of Q3Tourney3 as a side project.
    It's very on early stage, but here're some screenshots:

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^ That's awesome, looking forward to it. Now all we need is a Klesk skin.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

im still in early stage but ill start a WIP thread in the near future and give you the link.
    Cool, any ideas on theme etc yet Bio?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gush View Post
    Hi guys, i'm working on my own version of Q3Tourney3 as a side project.
    It's very on early stage, but here're some screenshots:

Coool, wow thats great. Very different from the other (bio-green) Klesk version. Say wth happened to that anyway? Keep us uptodate Gush, looks great.

Apolagies guys, I will deffo finaly split the thread tomorow and add in your additions (I've not even linked my map yet:P)
    Cray

*EDIT just realised Gush, just realised that your the guy who did yardSE. Thats great, really looking fwd to this now. Great work on Yard btw!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    Coool, wow thats great. Very different from the other (bio-green) Klesk version. Say wth happened to that anyway? Keep us uptodate Gush, looks great.

Apolagies guys, I will deffo finaly split the thread tomorow and add in your additions (I've not even linked my map yet:P)
    Cray

*EDIT just realised Gush, just realised that your the guy who did yardSE. Thats great, really looking fwd to this now. Great work on Yard btw!!
    Thanks.
    I hope to release a beta version soon, maybe next week, but it can take a little longer cause, as I said, it's not my main project.

Btw, the link to DM-Revenge_of_Klesk seems to be broken, no mirrors to download it?

Banned

its gonna be necris theme :P

Necris woo!

*coughs*

Erm i'm looking into some of the old maps and hopeing I can start doing my own map remakes though lava is one thing thats needed i'm working on a good looking lava now.

quake just isnt right without lava.
    A big Necris fan since the first time I got my hands on UT99. Join more Necris fans Here!
    Send in the clowns.The Nitwitts.
    Quote Originally Posted by phalanx View Post
    admin addbots 1
    *Loque joined the game*
    Oh no!!!
    *shuuders at ut99 Loque*

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

OK WE SHOULD BE ALL UPTODATE NOW
    I've split the thread so that now the lists for Quakes 1, 2 & 4 are now in post #3 of the thread.
    Also added a link in the first post to:
    CAKE ENGINE - quake3 maps viewer by morbac Fantastic Q3 map viewing program. I found it to be invaluable in remaking ztn. See the 'Usage' section of the page for all the controls and functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gush View Post
    Thanks.
    I hope to release a beta version soon, maybe next week, but it can take a little longer cause, as I said, it's not my main project.
    Btw, the link to DM-Revenge_of_Klesk seems to be broken, no mirrors to download it?
    Thanks Gush let me know when you do and ill update you from 'IN DEV' status on the list. I'll upload his version of Klesk and link to it in his thread. Its a shame he seems to have abandoned this project, Im very fond of his map..
    its gonna be necris theme :P
    Again let me know Bio nd ill update you from 'IN DEV' status on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimira View Post
    Necris woo!
    *coughs*
    Erm i'm looking into some of the old maps and hopeing I can start doing my own map remakes though lava is one thing thats needed i'm working on a good looking lava now.
    quake just isnt right without lava.
    Thats cool Kazimara. Can't work out if your requesting lava, or are making your own? Either way, if you are in need, ShadeMistress has lava that ColdfireRik used in his CPM3A - UsedAndAbused remake: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=600828

Let me know if I'm not uptodate with anything on the list guys.
    Crayfish.

BTW does anyone have a Quake Live invite going spare?

Its ok I have enough to work on for a good lava.
    A big Necris fan since the first time I got my hands on UT99. Join more Necris fans Here!
    Send in the clowns.The Nitwitts.
    Quote Originally Posted by phalanx View Post
    admin addbots 1
    *Loque joined the game*
    Oh no!!!
    *shuuders at ut99 Loque*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post

Again let me know Bio nd ill update you from 'IN DEV' status on the list.
    will do

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Few bits of exciting news for ya,
    First off RennymanJr's reinterpritation of Q3TOURNEY4 -Vertical Vengeance:
    DM-Biosource by RennymanJr
    This kinda makes up for the non-release of cod-x's remake. This one has very clean Q3/HOLP styling and some nice origonal features.

Then there is DGUnreals 'origonal quake style' map DM-DG-Tempered:
    DM-DG-Tempered by DGUnreal
    This is an origonal map, but is unistakably Q3 to its core. Check out the jumppad room for echoes of Camprounds and the dizzying aray of enviromental sounds.

Finaly the Beta 2 of my ztn Blood Run remake was released today. This is now a solid server-ready release. Its already up on a private clan server, but I'd love to get it up on publics. If your a server admin, pls let me know ;P
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=627235
    Check out the first post for download and info, as well as my expanded player guide, a sample of whhich you can see here:

Crayfish.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey Crayfish, I really like your work on Blood Money! Keep it up!

Here for posting two new screens of mine:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Beta is not that far...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Out this week are DM-17AGAIN by The Witness that is, as Im sure you can guess, another DM17 remake. This one has gone for an aquatic theme rather a space one.

Also very DM17ish, is an origonal quakestyle CTF map WarpTunnel by Robert Hartley.
    This has to be the most psychotropic, epilepsy enducing map i've ever played. Somewhere between DM17 and rainbow road from MarioCart.

I've had the privelige of a sneak peak at Gush's upcoming Q3Tourney3 (see pics above) and can assure you this is on route to be as good as his awsome 'YardSE'. Make a mental note to check this one out as soon as the Beta arrives.
    CPTStewart, ColdfireRik, Bio and the rest of you guys, hows it all coming?

Banned

i think ill have a beta ready soon.

still to do atm:

solution for the roof

powerup placement

more deco

lights

post processing

eyecandy :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey guys,

I remember a map from UT2004 called something like DM-Kauthenak -I'm pretty sure it was a Quake map of some kind but don't know anything else about. I can try to describe it if it helps. It was great for playing BW 2.0 on!

Ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks.

wow it's a real honor being on here...I dunno if it should be an honor...but I'm honored regardless...
    I'm just glad people are taking notice of what i'v made. It's a really awesome feeling
    Thank you Crayfish
    my schools level design class blows
    I'M A SELF TAUGHT MAPPER

Maps:
    DM-17AGAIN:http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...2#post25617302

Banned

The Sacrifice

Nice thread, and plz when remaking maps, keep the original style(gameplay and visual) as much as possible.

Banned

Q1DM6-CE is RC1 state atm, will release final in a day or 2. link to RC1: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=649414

The Sacrifice

Just to let you guys know I am doing a port based on my early remake of Q3PT4 for UT2003. Yes, I know there are many remakes of this map, but I just wanna do it so I go.
    Last night I did some work in 3dsmax, and here the picture:

I'd like to try something different for this map. That is, I will make the whole map entirely in 3dsmax and try not to use any BSP, but still, keep the clean and "HOLP" style as much as I can.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Hugely exctining news chonglee, pease keep us updated. Added to the list

To those who didn't notice, ChongLee is also know as MoonFlyer, the ceator of many of the most highly regarded UT2K4 maps among them some of the best Quake conversions including the origonal Unreal ztn!

The Sacrifice

I wrote a simple tutorial about how to export q3 map for remaking:
    https://sites.google.com/site/chongl...wtoexportq3map

In theory, q1, q2, or even q4 should also be working but I didn't test. I prefer to export the original map as a single obj and use it as a reference in 3dsmax for further modelling.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by chonglee View Post
    I wrote a simple tutorial about how to export q3 map for remaking:
    https://sites.google.com/site/chongl...wtoexportq3map

In theory, q1, q2, or even q4 should also be working but I didn't test. I prefer to export the original map as a single obj and use it as a reference in 3dsmax for further modelling.
    This is HUUUGE!! Updating first post. Great work ChongLee!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Q3DM2 -House of Pain
    Q3DM3 -Arena of Death

i will remix 1 of this maps in 2009 quarta2

why remix? cos they where always good 1on1 maps to me!
    and by implantin shield belt +midArmor i will make them even more tourney style!

stay tuned.........
    DM-1on1-Instinct-Q3T5
    Xtended quake3 Map.

DM-1on1-Spliff
    ReMIX of DM-1on1-Trite from UT2k4.

DM-Freezem
    coooool Shock Rifle Fun/AIM map.

MSgt. Shooter Person

actully im working on Arena Gate right now q3dm1

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KamilR View Post
    Q3DM2 -House of Pain
    Q3DM3 -Arena of Death
    i will remix 1 of this maps in 2009 quarta2
    why remix? cos they where always good 1on1 maps to me!
    and by implantin shield belt +midArmor i will make them even more tourney style!
    stay tuned.........
    Great news Kamil, as soon as you make up your mind, let me know and ill add it to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwelVeR View Post
    actully im working on Arena Gate right now q3dm1
    Great, adding this in now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chonglee View Post
    Fantastic stuff ChongLee, adding to the list. Sure it'll be awsome.

In other news cod-x has returned and is needs assistance to debug and finish his own Tourney4 remake:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=612506
    I think he will be posting here regarding this soon, so keep an eye out

What have we done to deserve all this Tourney4 awsomeness inside 1 week? Ambassador, you are really spoiling us!!

Skaarj

Hello guys,

I'm near to finish my DM-ProTourney4 map,but I'll need some help,for optimizing.I have to fix a lot of things.I'm not sure but I think I'll have problems with lightning as well.Someone who has more experience than me should check,and please give me some advices how to fix things.This is my first level but I'don't want to make a 3rd party mapper scrap.

You can find details about the map here,or just click on the signature:

Thank you in advance,
    Last edited by cod-x; 01-23-2009 at 02:42 AM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by cod-x View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm near to finish my DM-ProTourney4 map,but I'll need some help,for optimizing.I have to fix a lot of things.I'm not sure but I think I'll have problems with lightning as well.Someone who has more experience than me should check,and please give me some advices how to fix things.This is my first level but I'don't want to make a 3rd party mapper scrap.

Thank you in advance,
    I'll download the map and take a look, can't guarentee anything tho. If any other experienced mappers can spare a few mins to have a look at the map it would be great.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great news
    Arena Gate (Q3DM1) is finished DM-Arena Gate
    Working on Arena Death[Q3DM3]
    Last edited by TwelVeR; 01-24-2009 at 08:19 PM.

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by cod-x View Post
    Hello guys,

Thank you in advance,
    I'd like to help, but right now I am in another city for my vocation and no UT is available in the PC here. I will be back in about two weeks.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Thanks ChongLee, Im trying to do what i can too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwelVeR View Post
    Great news
    Arena Gate (Q3DM1) is finished DM-Arena Gate
    Working on Arena Death[Q3DM3]
    Added.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast