UT3 Patch v1.3 Now Available!
This patch brings the version number to 1.3. This patch can be applied against English, French, German, Italian and Spanish versions of the UT3 client and dedicated server. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Official Unreal Tournament 3 Site: www.unrealtournament3.com
Beyond Unreal: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil.../ut3patch3.exe
UT Zone: http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=7108
Say Unkle: http://www.sayunkle.com/UT3files/ut3patch3.exe
UT Instagib: http://www.ut-instagib.de/downloads/...=download&id=8
Tech Powerup: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...1.3_Patch.html
The final patch changelist is:
- Fixed overlay mesh showing up on hidden sniper rifle when un-zoomed.
- UTGame.bNoCustomCharacters is now globalconfig.
- Now hear own auto-taunts.
- Fix for Liandri bots riding high in vehicles.
- Fixed mutators disappearing between matches.
- Fixed up PC DLC screenshots and player counts.
- Vipers can no longer be driven around underwater if entered while underwater - they pop up out of the water, even if deep in it.
- Fixed announcements not playing properly in WAR-MarketDistrict during the campaign.
- Fixed manta crouch exploit.
- Fixed loaded RL switching away before releasing load on net clients.
- Fixed occasionally getting stuck when getting up from ragdoll.
- Fixed ending zoom when go into feign death.
- Fixed giving proper stats credit for translocator telefrags.
- Fixed giving proper suicide stat credit for certain environmental suicides.
- Fixed Hoverboard foot placement when watching other client get on.
- Improved the turret controls on the rail turret with analog controller.
- Fixed friendly fire mutator showing up as option for Duel.
- Fixed bug where second enforcer wouldn't show up if picked up while switching to enforcer.
- Fixed shock/instagib beams which were grabbed from emitter pool sometimes incorrectly having DPG_Foreground set.
- Fixed "missing required file for demo playback" error message.
- Fixed redeemer explosion on client when shot down.
- Fixed big head mutator head scaling popping out at distance.
- End the match right away in duel if a player leaves.
- Fixed not getting kismet node destroyed event when node captured by orb.
- Fixed effect showing up for disabled weapon lockers.
- Don't modify power core damage caused by kismet.
- Fixed scavenger legs disappearing in kill volumes.
- Deployables can no longer be deployed onto hover/flying vehicles.
- Fixed Hoverboard script warnings and possible crash if hoverboard fails to spawn.
- Fixed impact hammer impact camera shake for low gore clients.
- Added motion blur menu option for PC (defaults to off).
- Fixed zero extent collision bug in octree code (finding nodes in Z axis).
- LOD Hysteresis / LOD Decision making bug fix.
- Fixed default mesh not having proper LOD settings.
- Fixed rare darkwalker physics crash.
- Added player name list to server browser.
- Added midgame map voting, with serverside config options in UTGame.ini:
- bMidGameMapVoting: Enables/Disables midgame map voting
- MapVotePercentage: The percentage of votes required to initiate a map switch, counts down based upon VoteDuration;
- NOTE: When VoteDuration=0, votes for a single map must exceed this percentage, but when VoteDuration is not 0, the number of players voting must exceed this percentage
- MinMapVotes: The minimum number of players that must vote in order to initiate a map switch.
- InitialVoteDelay: Delays the enabling of map voting for this many seconds
- Fixed History being saved for servers joined via cmdline and console.
- Fixed leading vote count indicator when map voting underway.
- Don’t show muted talking player portraits on HUD.
- Simple crosshair tweaks.
- Added the number of files left to download to the package downloading message.
- Fixed Krall portrait.
- Fixed clipping vehicle HUD beacon when not visible.
- Fixed endgame timer so that it isn't affected by changes in game speed (also fixes vote timer)
- Fixed SPMA deploy icon offset.
- Always sort relevant actors by priority. Should fix the weird actors/properties never getting replicated issues.
- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of listen server if the gibbed player wasn't visible to the server player.
- Fixed gibs not showing for clients of low-gore listen server.
- New dynamic netspeed adjustment system for listen servers. Improves network performance for listen servers which typically have limited upstream bandwidth by dividing available bandwidth between clients. Configurable through new properties in UTGame.ini:
- TotalNetBandwidth=32000 (total upstream bandwidth to be apportioned)
- Fixed "you have lost the match" messages to spectators at end of duel match.
- Fixed cases where GameSettings cache in the GameInfo wasn't properly getting NULL'd out on DestroyOnlineGame().
- HTTP redirect with compression now falls back to the uncompressed case if the compressed file could not be found.
- Fixed erroneous "connection failed" error when performing non-seamless travelling.
- Fixed hoverboard link failure sound playing in the world and being replicated.
- Fixed low gore clients seeing gibbed players as headless if playing on full gore server.
- Increased tracked turret net priority.
- Fixed Hoverboard networking replication issues (hoverboard now smoother in net games).
- Fixed network vulnerability.
- UWeb fixes for WebAdmin.
- Fixed downloaded cooked maps not being loaded correctly in some cases when requested by the server at initial connect time.
- Fixed net object count problem when using the conformed/cooked audio packages in PS3ModTools. Fixes some networking issues for custom maps.
- Final fix for packagemap problem with going from DLC -> RTM maps.
- Fixed properly showing number of players needed for match to start when minplayers is set and bots are enabled on the server.
- Fixed bug with PlayerID being reused for bots after a seamless travel.
- Added support for Interactions to have a PostRender call (to render to canvas).
- Added support for Interactions to have exec functions be called on them.
- Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.
- Added Deproject() to canvas.
- Fixed base InventoryManager implementation of GetWeaponRatingFor().
- Fixed crash when placing a new UINumericEditBox in UI editor.
- Fix for custom factions in the UI.
- Added optional flag for ScriptedTextures to skip next clear so that a ScriptedTexture client doesn't need to draw every texel of the ST every update.
- Added support for -mod commandline option so that a TC mod can have a .ini file "sandbox" - where they can have new content paths, new startup maps, etc..
- Improved system for getting camera death effect.
- Implemented fix from Aegia for an NxFluid crash.
- Fixed beams not rendering in Cascade.
- Fixed crash when updating a UIPrefab.
- Fixed CTF-Searchlight black boxes before match starts.
- Fixed CTF-Searchlight search lights.
- Fixed CTF-Hydrosis collision issues.
- Fixed DM-Morbias collision issues.
- Fixed collision issue in DM-Deck.
- Fixed bots not using link gun beam on enemies.
- Better bot celebration management.
- Fixed bots doing multiple end of match celebration taunts.
- Improved impact hammer AI.
- Improved darkwalker AI support for crouching under obstacles.
- Improved bot hoverboard AI.
- Fixed bots sometimes not picking up flags/orbs they dropped.
- Fixed bots never spawning in if initially not enough playerstarts.
Last edited by WarTourist; 08-14-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Changes from the first and second patches are also included. These changes are listed below:
- Increased UTGame MaxPlayersAllowed to 64.
- Fixed leviathan turret instant refire exploit.
- Fixed errant lock on warnings when no longer in vehicle.
- Fixed first person weapons in demo playback.
- Fixed translocator telefrag victim message.
- Fixed encouragement sounds not being randomly picked by bots.
- Implemented viewobjective spectating system for Warfare.
- Fixed berserk held by driver applying to all vehicle turrets.
- Only force low gore on German versions that were low gore only before being patched.
- Fix for unnecessary content staying in memory on seamless travel.
- Fixed shaped charge node exploit.
- Fixed Scavenger exploit.
- Clicking on the settings tab goes to directly to the full settings menu.
- Added VOIP speaker portraits to HUD.
- Fixed character portraits sometimes not showing up on HUD or not staying up long enough.
- The Host server menus will no longer disable internet options if CheckNatTypeDisplayError returns true. It's just a warning now.
- Fixed the CD key always prompting when the user has no network card
- Added support for commandline log in -login=xxx -password=xxx. This also allows Gamespy comrade and other external applications to be used to launch network clients.
- Added UI option to hide objective paths (the white arrows).
- Added UI option to enable joystick support.
- Added JOIN to midgame menu when spectating.
- Added cancel button to "logging in" message box.
- Added support for auto-updating UI with new options.
- Improved language support for French, Spanish, Italian, and German.
- Joystick key bindings in UI display properly.
- Added game and UI support for customizing crosshair scaling.
- Added "Add Favorite" button to Server Browser server list tab.
- Fixed favorites Tab Page server details not updating.
- Improvements to voice menu. Added "status" section.
- Leave "Disconnect" and "Exit Game" on the mid game menu when seamlessly travelling so that players have a way to abort lengthy downloads
- Show "Change Team" button before the match has started.
- Added support for localized "single score needed" string.
- Tweaked some HUD message font sizes.
- Favorites/History lists list servers that are currently offline.
- Favorites/History lists don't stop working as the number of servers in them crosses max threshold for GS query.
- Fix for end of round scoreboard displaying extra "Player" bots.
- Fixed leviathan deploy icon positioning.
- Added support for autodownloading packages while in gameplay or while travelling.
- Auto team re-balancing before map transition if bPlayersBalanceTeams is set.
- Fixed dedicated server memory leaks.
- Force client state synchronization when in spectating state. Fixes sporadic issues with players not being able to join games.
- Fixed sounds not being heard correctly by clients if the sound location is the Actor's location and the Actor is not relevant to that client.
- Fixed spectators being unable to move after a level transition.
- Fixed track turrets being in the wrong position on clients in some cases after being destroyed.
- ConnectionTimeout and InitialConnectTimeOut now both 60.0. Addresses both clients failing connection because they take too long to load a level, and initial connections staying open too long.
- Fixed HTTP download compression.
- Fixed a bug where download during seamless travel would break because the downloader was keeping a pointer into the package map's list, which is unsafe while the game is in progress because that list could have more items added to it (and thus the memory rearranged) at any time
- Fixed a bug where in rare cases packages would get downloaded twice.
- Fixed spectators able to enter as extra players in Duel.
- Fixed issue where CTF, vCTF, and WAR maps are listed in the server browers when searching for a DM game when server changed gametypes.
- Fixed bots not replicating their view pitch, so their animation looks better in net games.
- Strip OwningPlayerName= from the URL, as this is determined elsewhere and was breaking dedicated internet servers launched from the UI.
- Fixed package downloading not moving on to the next download method if it successfully downloads the file, but that file is not the version that the server is requesting.
- Fixed client crash if the user disconnects while downloading a file during a seamless travel.
- TCPLink and Webadmin functionality implemented.
- Banning is now based on CD key hash, so players can’t circumvent bans by creating a new profile.
- Fixed being unable to kickban players with | in their names.
- Added versioning information to the game settings
- Dedicated servers don't require DirectX shader model 2.0
- Fixed AdminForceTextMute and AdminForceTextUnmute.
- Restored the compress and decompress commandlets.
- Fixed AdminCmdOk() function not working properly if you were the listen server.
- Banned IDs readability improved.
- Added MaxClientTravelTime config option to GameInfo. If set, clients are kicked if they take longer than this many seconds to travel between maps.
- Added ScriptedTexture, a type of render to texture that gives Canvas access to script/C++ for rendering custom overlays.
- Added a version of DrawTile() to Canvas that takes a Texture instead of Texture2D so render to texture stuff like ScriptedTextures can more easily be used.
- Added Timestamp function to UObject, returns a string in the format YYYY/MM/DD - HH:MM:SS
- Weapons now take roll from player viewrotation.
- Fixed custom character DLC not applying until the next time the game is run because the default object was not updated after combining the .ini files.
- Added a ModFamilies array to UTCustomChar_Data to allow mod authors to add families to the list.
- Fixed Change Node Status Kismet action not working on fully constructed powernodes.
- Merged ageia particle fixes.
- Fixed DM-Deck get out of world exploit
- Fixed DM-Gateway portals sometimes sending you back to your starting point.
- Fixed CTF-Coret collision exploit.
- Fixed kismet spawned key vehicles not showing on host minimap. Fixes tank showing on host minimap in VCTF-Kargo.
- New orb carrier strategy AI.
- Improved bot hoverboard use.
- Reduced bot orb spawner camping.
- Fixed bots stuck on orb spawner unable to grab flag.
- Low skill bots use artillery properly.
- Tweaked shooting at nodes vs shooting at enemies.
- No human bonus to threat value.
- Improved threat picking AI, taking into account effectiveness of bot's weapon.
- Tweaked bot AI for link gun, flak cannon, redeemer, and AVRiL.
- Bots tend to stay on same enemy more, and focus on key vehicles more.
- Tweaked campaign auto skill adjust.
- Possible safe fix for bot navigation issues with staticmeshcollections on console. Also a performance improvement on PC and console.
- Tweaked rules for whether to attack node or enemy first.
- Improved bot AI for defending nodes with an orb.
- Fixed pathing issues that were causing bots to get stuck in some places. When a move fails, force a route refresh. Add cost to reachspecs when bot fails repeatedly.
- Improved AI code for adjusting around obstacles. If adjust left and right fail, try moving to center of reachspec.
- If previous move failed, don't allow "advanced tactics" (serpentine, etc.) for next move.
- Added FailedMoveTarget and MoveFailureCount to controller to track movement failures.
- Added bForceNoDetours to UTBot. Don't allow detours when bot is approaching a neutral node (more important to touch node first).
- Fixed bots thinking they've reach the orb spawner without quite getting there and touching the orb.
- Fixed cases where bots could get stuck failing to translocate over and over - bots know to give up now.
- Adjusted bot reaction time to seeing new enemies.
- Improved bot AI for dealing with lifts and hoverboards.
- Bots taunt after winning a match.
- Bots now can be fooled by feign death.
- Sandstorm has more impact on bots being able to acquire/aim at enemies.
- Fixed scaling of certain player meshes (increased in size some human and robot meshes). Addresses meshes being smaller than collision box, as well as eyeheight issues.
- Fixed feigning death into/through ForcedDirVolumes.
- Fixed grenade effects in water.
- Increased hellbender rear turret damage.
- Reduced Goliath machine gun spread, plus slight damage increase.
- Fixed warfare scoring for locking down a prime node not called "prime node".
- Slightly increased momentum taken from damage by mantas and vipers.
- Flak, Rocket, and Shock do slightly more damage to manta and viper.
- Made sure Hellfire SPMA cannon can't fire through walls.
- Increased incoming SPMA fire sound radius.
- Fixed impact jumping with hoverboard.
- Fixed bot Pawns losing their PRI at the end of the match, causing them to, among other things, be invisible
- Fixed being able to switch away from the rocket launcher in the delay between the third rocket being loaded and the weapon autofiring.
- Players now stop moving when they fire the Redeemer guided warhead
- Fixed weapon crosshair incorrectly turning red when hit enemy on the client, but not on the server.
- Disabled attenuation/spatialization on mission briefing sounds.
- Fixed stats being recorded for spectators
- Improved bot AI with darkwalker.
- Tweaked bot voice message frequencies.
- Bot aiming tweaks.
- Fixed bots attacking friendly player in rare cases when that player recently stole an enemy vehicle.
- Fixed bots not handling the "Hold This Position" order correctly when the player giving the order is in a multi-person vehicle.
- Fixed demo playback not ending/looping correctly when the demo ends due to the DemoRecSpectator being destroyed before the end of the file is reached.
- Demos can now be paused.
- By default, demo playback now runs at full speed and interpolates in between demo frames using the normal client simulation code. The old frame-locked method is still available by passing ?disallowinterp. Timedemos are unaffected by this change.
- Fixed demoplay URL parsing counting the options as part of the filename unless an extension was specified in the demo name
- Added a "Delete Demo" button to the demo playback menu.
- Demo playback now properly handles rotation when viewing a Pawn in first person.
- Fixed looking around while spectating a vehicle.
- Implemented "Server History" tab page in server browser, with ability to "lock" favorites on that page.
- Added 'Join as spectator' feature.
- Server browser uses smaller font to display more servers.
- Fixed custom mutators not appearing in server browser.
- Fixed custom gametypes not displayed in server browser's window.
- Fixed server browser's listed MaxPlayers being incorrect.
- Added filter option for dedicated servers.
- Fixed server browser showing an incorrect goal score and time limit when the .ini values were used.
- Fixed incorrect mutators appearing in server browser details if client & server are not using the same language
- Can now save settings/progress even if have never created a profile.
- Added ping and connect time to scoreboard.
- Removed annoying confirmation menu when starting a game.
- Removed unnecessary top settings page (can use tabs at the top of the settings to navigate).
- Added a Messages tab to the mid game menu.
- Friends messages now saved until explicitly deleted.
- Finer control over mouse sensitivity, using an edit box instead of a slider.
- Added framerate smoothing and FOV options to the advanced video menu.
- Increased max players/bots in menus to 32.
- Fixed auto switching to vote menu at end of match.
- Improved mid game menu performance (don't render world behind it).
- Added version number to main menu.
- Fixed binding gamepad/joystick keys (you must set AllowJoystickInput=1 in the [WinDrv.WindowsClient] of your UTEngine.ini to enable gamepads/joysticks).
- Filter settings are now saved to the .ini file
- Pure and Locked filter options now default to "Any"
- Fixed flickering when downloading files
- Fixed up the GDF project for Vista
- Added the killer weapon to victim messages.
- Fixed flag and orb scaling in minimap at high resolutions.
- Fixed node teleporter not showing "You can't teleport with orb" message on clients.
- Fixed situations where "get in vehicle" pictograph wouldn't work correctly.
- Still draw the clock on the scoreboard after the game is over.
- Fixed Duel HUD issues.
- - Added the ability to specify custom simple crosshair coordinates for weapons, with new config properties bUseCustomCoordinates and CustomCrosshairCoordinates.
To change the crosshair used for all weapons, add the following lines to the [utweapon] section of the UTWeapon.ini file:
where the CustomCrosshairCoordinates have U and V as the offsets into the crosshair texture (UI_HUD.HUD.UTCrosshairs), and UL and VL specify the size of the texture area to use.
To use a different crosshair for a specific weapon, simply add those two lines to the appropriate weapon specific section in UTWeapon.ini.
- Implemented STUN support (Simple Traversal of UDP Through Network Address Translators) to enable clients and servers to connect from behind a NAT.
- Fixed team scores very rarely not updating for a client.
- Fixed bot faction option when running a listen server.
- Fixed link setup not reset correctly when going from a map with a custom link setup to one using the default.
- Fixed a case where Duel would place an incoming player on the wrong team when some players were still travelling.
- Bullseye stats are now properly recorded.
- Fixed clients not travelling to downloaded maps correctly.
- Fixed the client and server getting into a loop sending each other close messages in some situations.
- Quick match incorporates player rating into search decision.
- Fixed issue where Vista clients would not receive all servers from a server browser search.
- Applied proper fix to suppressing voice on dedicated servers.
- Fixed issues with players not getting on right team in Duel and Duel+Survival if a player leaves in certain timing windows during map transitions.
- Fixed previous level PRIs showing up on the scoreboard/leaderboard after the client travels (making it look like players have already scored lots of points when those clients are in fact still loading)
- Fixed losing your custom character mesh after changing teams during a match.
- Fixed HTTP redirection for mod autodownloading
- Fixed autodownloaded mods not being loaded correctly in some cases
- Fixed orb rebuilding not being played correctly on clients if the orb was destroyed by an enemy player
- Implemented DUEL match stat reporting for gamespy ladder
- Fixed "open" console command not working when an Internet server address is specified
- Added "BecomeActive" exec to switch from spectator to player
- Reduced tick rate for dedicated servers with no clients (saves CPU on idle servers).
- Dedicated servers do not require CD keys.
- Added -configsubdir= command line option to cause .ini files to be loaded/saved from the specified subdirectory of Game\Config\
- Added QueryPort configuration and command line option.
- Added an "AdminChangeOption [option] [value]" console command for server admins. This allows changing most simple .ini values (e.g. GoalScore) from the client. This command will not override URL options. The change will take effect after the next map change.
- Added an "AdminPublishMapList" console command for server admins. This overrides the server's map list for the current game type with the one on the client that used the command.
- Uses GameReplicationInfo.ServerName if set for the name of the server on the server browser.
- Added "AdminForceVoiceMute" and "AdminForceVoiceUnMute": Stops/Starts a player from sending voip to others
- Added "AdminForceTextMut" and "AdminForceTextUnMute": Stops/Starts a player from send text messages to others
- Updated AdminPlayerList to show the PlayerID of the players on the server.
- Updated Kick/Ban to allow for using either the player name or the id
- Fixed servers advertising as the wrong gametype if the gametype is changed without restarting the server
- Added new IdleServerTickRate property to IpDrv.TcpNetDriver. If not set, IdleServerTickRate defaults to MaxTickRate. Can be set to lower values to reduce server CPU utilization when 0 players. Reported ping will increase if set lower.
- Fixed WAR-Avalanche terrain LOD popping issue on high end PCs.
- Fixed bots rarely getting stuck in mid air in DM-Gateway in the city section.
- Fixed some VCTF-Suspense pathing issues.
- Fixed issues with circular lift on DM-Deimos.
- Fixed translucent mesh sorting issues in DM-Gateway.
- Fixed various map collision bugs
- Improved bot AI with Leviathan in Torlan
- Fixed a bug that could cause too many bots to be added to co-op matches in some cases.
- Added support for seamless travel interrupting a travel to start another travel. This fixes single player breaking if the host selects the next mission before the clients have finished travelling to the mission selection level
- Fixed extra copy of a character when a human player leaves a co-op game at the right time.
- Changed network loss during single player to result in player signed in locally.
- Added a SupportedGameTypes field to UTUIDataProvider_Mutator. If some entries are in this array, the mutator will only be visible in the menus if the selected gametype is found in the array.
- Fixed custom gametype midgame menus not being used correctly.
- Shipping script compiler now allows localized/config defaultproperties because otherwise autodownloaded mods have no way for their localized/config variables to work.
- Added Get/SetSpecialValue() stubs to Object to allow mods to expose values that can be modified without creating a dependancy.
- Added support for custom gametypes showing up on their own in the server browser. The game class needs to implement UpdateGameSettings() and call GameSettings.SetStringSettingValue() to set CONTEXT_GAME_MODE to CONTEXT_GAME_MODE_CUSTOM. Then, in the gametype's menu .ini data, set GameSearchClass to "UTGameSearchCustom".
- Fixed cooking a map sometimes deleting all other mod files in the Published directory
- Fixed bPostRenderIfNotVisible flag