Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Colossal Donkey

Default Golden Lancer nonsense...? (hopefully)

horrid whispers have been going around of golden lancers possibly a hammerburst. does anyone else think this would ruin mp? people running about with gold guns? lunacy. tacky tacky lunacy.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kmack11

Can I borrow the rock you've been living under?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AKissFromDaddy

No, it wouldn't ruin the game. It only mean when you die, you saw something pretty before the end.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JAVELIN FANGZZ

Now that I think about it, a gold Lancer done wrong would really, really ruin the MP experience.

But now that I think about it, Epic will probably do their best to make it look as cool as possible, I have faith in Cliff B. I thought about it.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kmack11 View Post
    Can I borrow the rock you've been living under?
    sure why not

Banned
    Gamer IDs

so is this actually confirmed then?

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Disturbed BL00D

its been confirmed for a while. the lancer, that is. the hammerburst is at the moment, just a rumor.
    __,....--!--..----...,,,
    ||'--'''_;=-o|IIIIII|||}==
    ````/ /-'|==}|,:,:,:,:,:,i'

Carmines Pink Lancer- Cuz thats how i Roll delta squad leader
    Join Sons of Sera social group

Banned
    Gamer IDs

bad times, hopefully it will be stupidly hard to get so the game isnt flooded with them....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Full of Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Psychophrene View Post
    bad times, hopefully it will be stupidly hard to get so the game isnt flooded with them....
    Well if you consider buying the Limited Edition stupidly hard then your in luck

Banned
    Gamer IDs

dammit.... tacky tacky tacky argh!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FTZ IRON MAN

Quote Originally Posted by Full of Lead View Post
    Well if you consider buying the Limited Edition stupidly hard then your in luck

hahahaha thats funny, but i know for sure im buying the limited edition version soooo golden lancer for me.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

even a corroded lancer would be better than a gold one. tis going to look horrible next to cog armour.... army of twos golden weapons were bad.... learn from (one of its many)its mistakes.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Full of Lead

If I get the limited edition I'm not even gonna use the code for the golden lancer, eventually the golden lancer will be more common than the normal one.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: M A IN K S

It has been confirmed a while back that there will be a golden lancer for the Gears LE. It's all personal preference, if you think it's tacky then don't get it. Stop complaining about it. No one's making you get it.

I agree that other colors/effects would be cool, but people want to show off something different.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

As I understand, you're given a code to unlock it with the LE. So, if you're like me and also think it's tacky, just don't apply the code.
    s
    It won't mean anything, anyway. The mmoment the LE comes out the code will be posted here and a billion other places around the web. Like the guy above said, you'll probably be more unique without it.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Manks21 View Post
    It has been confirmed a while back that there will be a golden lancer for the Gears LE. It's all personal preference, if you think it's tacky then don't get it. Stop complaining about it. No one's making you get it.

I agree that other colors/effects would be cool, but people want to show off something different.
    i dont think its right for the game though, it would have fitted in with ut3 better. as its a tournament and golden plated weapons make sense in that context.

its just wont look right and will be as common as dirt. and if all you need to do is buy the limited edition then i dont see how its showing off. "oh look at me, for a few quid more i got this tasteless looking thing"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Psychophrene View Post
    i dont think its right for the game though, it would have fitted in with ut3 better. as its a tournament and golden plated weapons make sense in that context.

its just wont look right and will be as common as dirt. and if all you need to do is buy the limited edition then i dont see how its showing off. "oh look at me, for a few quid more i got this tasteless looking thing"
    Like I said, in your eyes it may be tasteless but for others it could be awesome. Personal preference. Well the edition is LIMITED, so I hope they sell out and just make the game in normal copies.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    As I understand, you're given a code to unlock it with the LE. So, if you're like me and also think it's tacky, just don't apply the code.
    s
    It won't mean anything, anyway. The mmoment the LE comes out the code will be posted here and a billion other places around the web. Like the guy above said, you'll probably be more unique without it.
    It might be a code like for MS point cards. Different code for each person and it's only vaild for one use.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

It might be a code like for MS point cards. Different code for each person and it's only vaild for one use.
    Possible. Didn't think of that.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fly No Limit

I personally think tacking on extra gun skins with a certain version of the game is just as bad as Battlefield: Bad Company. It's just a way to get the die hard Gears of War fans to buy it (which they would anyway). Basically, I don't see the point in having Golden guns. Hopefully all will be explained but I think we are getting a bit to CoD4'ish here.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xMG CRYSiiS

I think it's stupid too...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk3R View Post
    I think it's stupid too...
    yay!
    *claps*

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TANK zwei

Hmmmm, buy Gears LE and sell the code online to people who are willing to pay too much money for something that's worthless.

That's my plan.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TANK828 View Post
    Hmmmm, buy Gears LE and sell the code online to people who are willing to pay too much money for something that's worthless.

That's my plan.
    oooh noice.... cunning... i like it...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Te1vanni Guard

Anyone who says it will "ruin gameplay" is full of it. There have already been numberous threads about this golden lancer. Point of the matter is, noone has a clue what it's going to look like.

And as Phayte would point out, it may only appear on your screen, not others.

Or it may be like the CoD4 Golden Guns, enough to tell on the ground, but not so much that you can tell in their hands.

I'd like to know how this would 'ruin' your gameplay.

By the way. Since you can choose between your Lancer or Hammerburst for starting weapons, I'm guessing that the Golden Lancer will be there as a choice as well if you have put in the code.
    033-116-117-126-071

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sarahb360

as long as i cant see the other persons gold lancer, im fine with it.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JAGX 387

That's the whole point of customizing... so other people can see it...

Anyways, as long as it looks like gold and not some dull or overly shiny toy.
    Gears of War 3
    Switch meatshield and reload to different buttons to avoid errors !!!

Make running faster than rolling!
    If you agree, use my signature!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sarahb360

It's all personal preference, if you think it's tacky then don't get it. Stop complaining about it. No one's making you get it.
    Yes, I agree its personal preference, but if we can see the other persons f**king golden lancer we dont have much of a choice do we? Its being forced upon us.

It had better be damn well clientside or I'm going to have a serious hissy fit/tantrum.

EDIT: whats the point of all epics hard work making things fit the gears universe, when they introduce f**king gold lancers. Im gonna love it when they introduce gold M-16s or whatever they use in Iraq

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: III Divine

Wow. How the hell would it ruin multiplayer? Dont complain over the smallest things. Its just a color on a gun and it wont give it any special powers. Everyone's just finding something to fuss about.
    [[I qot ThaT Jasmine StRaFe]] [[6.11.oh 9]] <33
    [Forever && Always] <333
    She's my world, my all, my everything

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LastAXEL

Why the **** do you guys care so much? Get over it.

It is gonna be exactly the same gun. Get over yourselves and stop complaining about useless ****.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sgt M Fenix

Default Awesome Idea

I think its an awesome idea and its obviously not rumor anymore. The addition of the gold lancer is cool, Im sure it will be an option to turn on and off once its downloaded from the marketplace with the code included in the limited edition, so its not like you'll be stuck using it all the time.

Its a cool way to know who the real gears fans are as well. Real gears fans will be getting the limited edition, and not only for the gold lancer but for all the other cool stuff that comes with the game. Casual fans will get the regular edition, hardcore fans will most certainly mow a lawn for the extra $10 heh

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infamous Def14

well i want the golden lancer just think about it a golden lancer chainsaw duel or getting chainsawed in the back by a goldin lancer i think it works.
    Marcus- your baird
    Baird- yea thats right asshole question is who are you?

Its eather kill or Kill death is not an option.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AXEL View Post
    Why the **** do you guys care so much? Get over it.

It is gonna be exactly the same gun. Get over yourselves and stop complaining about useless ****.
    Welcome to the internet.
    Join the club if you're tired of endless threads about the same thing, but they'll never go away...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: diablo3515

who cares if you want to use one then use it and live with other people using it

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Phayte View Post
    Yes, I agree its personal preference, but if we can see the other persons f**king golden lancer we dont have much of a choice do we? Its being forced upon us.

It had better be damn well clientside or I'm going to have a serious hissy fit/tantrum.

EDIT: whats the point of all epics hard work making things fit the gears universe, when they introduce f**king gold lancers. Im gonna love it when they introduce gold M-16s or whatever they use in Iraq
    Be prepared to have a hissy fit/tantrum.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Steveox152

why are there so many stupid threads

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Einchy

The gold AK-47 in COD4 was awesome. I can't wait for the gold lancer.

Quote Originally Posted by TANK828 View Post

That's my plan.
    That plan is pretty dumb. Wouldn't they just buy the LE if they wanted the gold lancer?

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Steveox152 View Post
    why are there so many stupid threads
    Because a new game is coming out so it's attracting all kinds of people chomping at the bit to let us all know their amazing opinions about everything. It's the price you pay for being a fan of a popular game in the midst of its hype.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    Because a new game is coming out so it's attracting all kinds of people chomping at the bit to let us all know their amazing opinions about everything. It's the price you pay for being a fan of a popular game in the midst of its hype.
    meow! claws out much?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xMG CRYSiiS

Thinking about it I am getting a laugh, I am sure on maps as dark as Bullet March those ugly gold Lancers are gonna stick right out.... I hope they add some highly reflective gloss to pretty them up more so I can see the glare of a hider waiting to chainsaw hahaha.

Just kidding, I really hate this idea but... it's not up to me. Where the hell are they getting the resources to screw around and add some gold to their guns? The world is about to end...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast