Default Gears of War 2 - Collectors Edition pictures/details.

Just a heads up, dont know if you guys have seen this picture or not but here it is.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7065/g2gn0.png

Includes:

• “Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2,” a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski
    • A Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, “Rendezvous”
    • A Dominic and Maria Keepsake Photo
    • A Exclusive Xbox LIVE code to unlock a gold-plated Lancer Assault Rifle for online play
    • All in a Steel book DVD case

Completely disregard this if the picture has surfaced elsewhere.
    ===XBL GT - MK5B===

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooligunn

Very old buddy, please search in future. But just to let you know, it's no longer stated as a code to unlock the lancer, it just says it's on the disk now.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thesuicidefox

Is this the same as the Limited Edition? From the looks of it, it appears to have way more than LE and probably costs more too. How much is it at retail?
    -thesuicidefox-

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MOHDI080

Collectors edition=Limited edition. It's only $70.

-Marth
    ~*{M}ellon{C}ollie{A}nd{T}he{I}nfinite{S}adness*~

~*{S}ir {P}sycho {S}exy*~

I'm not really fond of the team-name 'Chainsawdomizers'. The current name partially implies that I like to f*** guys in the a**, which I'd rather avoid.-Shadow Dancer

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o0 RECON 0o

Quote Originally Posted by MK5B View Post
    Just a heads up, dont know if you guys have seen this picture or not but here it is.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7065/g2gn0.png

Includes:

• “Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2,” a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski
    • A Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, “Rendezvous”
    • A Dominic and Maria Keepsake Photo
    • A Exclusive Xbox LIVE code to unlock a gold-plated Lancer Assault Rifle for online play
    • All in a Steel book DVD case

Completely disregard this if the picture has surfaced elsewhere.

I have a question about the limited edition if anyone knows the true answer to it please reply. My question is this. Does the actual game disc come in its own regular 360 game box inside the steel case or is it lose inside??
    ☆ Gears of War 3 Needs a map editor for consoles. "Crysis 2" is dominating! ☆ ●▬๑۩۩๑▬●o0 RモㄷㅇN 0o●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

Quote Originally Posted by Marth View Post

-Marth
    *only*

Crickey...

Next gen games will probably go up another $10, if not more.
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 07-27-2008 at 04:22 AM.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AvatarofKhorne

-Marth
    So that's about...$160 Australian dollars...bloody overpriced games.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooligunn

It is about time game's dropped in price. But then, the production values of games and the enjoyment factor has skyrocketed. You get more use out of a console game now than you ever did before - but that's only talking about single player games with GOOD multiplayer.

What annoys me is games like the Bourne Conspiracy which last 4 hours, but go "HEY, still buy me dude, I'm a rollercoaster ride!". Sorry but I'm not paying £40 ($80, we get ripped off in the UK on games) for essentially a super feature length film. That's disgusting. The base price needs to be at least £30 in the UK with the limited editions being £40. I swear this late into the cycle the price had games dropped on Xbox and PS2. It's so annoying.

Then you get games like Alone in the Dark, which is a MASTERPIECE of a game, but accidently ruined by being pushed out the door with so many annoying niggles that it brings the game down (dodgy control scheme, weird combat, constantly searching for supplies ect..) and stops it being great. Seriously, Alone in the Dark could have been one of the best games this year in my opinion - it's seriously impressive but it's just brought down so much.

The price needs to come down. Shorter games or rushed games are too expensive to be worth buying at the moment. I just rent most single player only games now since they convince me they are good, just not worth my hard earned cash.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

Eventually people won't be able to buy them anymore. There will come a point of diminishing returns. Where that is, I'm not sure.
    With luck, once that happens, we'll stop seeing all this time and effort being put into making an entirely new engine every two years, and start seeing the same engines worked on and refined, leaving more time to work on the games themselves instead, while still staying within roughly the same time period.

The present consoles pushed the limit, price-wise for a lot of people. They'll only go up next gen, too. I expect the base 720 system to be probably in the 8-900$ USD range, and the PS4 possibly more than that (explained by the fact that it is now also a proprietary Sony phone, fax machine and toaster that only works with proprietary Sony contracts, Sony paper, Sony ink and Sony bread...)
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 07-27-2008 at 05:44 AM.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

*damage control* It's only $70 compared to the over-priced $130 replica Lancer assault rifle edition! *damage control*

-Marth

I'm not really fond of the team-name 'Chainsawdomizers'. The current name partially implies that I like to f*** guys in the a**, which I'd rather avoid.-Shadow Dancer

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T00BSAWK

I knew what was in it. I just couldn't remember so thanks. Also,I'm new to the Forums

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

^ I figure it's best to welcome you just to increase my post count. x)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

-Marth

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: M A IN K S

This is old info. I thought this was linking to the $130 Edition. *sigh*

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

^ Just so you know, there is no $130 edition. It was a mistake on Cliff's part. You can BUY a Lancer by Neca for $130, but that's it.

-Marth

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: M A IN K S

^ Just so you know, there is no $130 edition. It was a mistake on Cliff's part. You can BUY a Lancer by Neca for $130, but that's it.

-Marth
    Yeah I saw your post about it earlier. I still want to get it though.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Officer Green

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    *only*

Crickey...

Next gen games will probably go up another $10, if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarofKhorne View Post
    Video games today are much cheaper than video games 17 years ago. You have to remember that the average price of a SNES game was $60.00 and that was about 17 years ago; I found an old reciept for Donky Kong Country 3 a few years back and the price on that game was $65.00. When you take inflation into consideration, video games are alot cheaper today than what they used to be. Still though, I like paying $50 for games rather than $60, and we have the Xbox 360 and PS3 to thanks for the $10 increase since the Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube. However, $60 is a good deal when you would pay the same price for video games roughly 17 years ago.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RaphiSaysHi

Old news, already heard it.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

^ Is that all you have to say in every damn post?

-Marth

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarofKhorne View Post
    its about $92.30 but they're selling it for $99.95
    I think its possible that the Lambent Locust have their own leader. And I also think its possible that Raam is their leader. Think about it. He fell died and fell into a giant pool of imulsion, its likely that a Kantus revived him then Raam, being in the imuslision went lambent and now leads the Lambent Locust.

MSgt. Shooter Person

*damage control* It's only $70 compared to the over-priced $130 replica Lancer assault rifle edition! *damage control*

-Marth
    The $130 is just for the lancer, no game included. and games have come down in price i found a box in my loft of a nintendo 64 game and it was £55
    'my every weakness i must turn into strength'

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PM 4 iT

-Marth

There is NO $130 eddition.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Thanks guys. -_-; You forget that I was the first one on the forums to find out that there isn't a $130 bundle. That was an old post and for the love of god, I confirmed that there isn't a bundle in this very thread just 8 posts above.

-Marth

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bizkitdoh

you can get LE on amazon w/ lancer replica with only having to pay for the lancer and
    10$ in the end you only pay 150$, you can find the info here http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B001CLYL24
    ~ Put a steel mask on your face and armor on your heart ~
    My South Park Squad homies - TAO Devil, SQuirrel147, & Gnashes.
    EGFC Member #812
    My YouTube Channel - TheBizkitdoh - Commentaries, Lets Plays, MP Gameplays, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter, @Bizkitdoh - I talk/rage about Gears, Food, Anime, Music, Fighting Games, Anime, Other games, Anime, and Anime.

Question LE Gears 2

hi i pre-ordered gears 2 in the uk recently and was told i will recieve a cog tag necklace with the game has this been added to the LE gold lancer pack or is there two different games for sale with different extras with each?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WadiumArcadium PSN ID: WadiumArcadium

Quote Originally Posted by TSF Jason View Post
    hi i pre-ordered gears 2 in the uk recently and was told i will recieve a cog tag necklace with the game has this been added to the LE gold lancer pack or is there two different games for sale with different extras with each?
    Nah, did you pre-order from Gamestation? You get a COG necklace and a Locust Head Blowed Off figure. See.

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/discoun...discountid=548
    "It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"
    Thanks to Provocative for the golden Hammerburst!
    Thanks to nikkymon for the Infected Omen skins!
    \\*//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MUSICKALGUNZ

Quote Originally Posted by TACTICAL RECON View Post
    I have a question about the limited edition if anyone knows the true answer to it please reply. My question is this. Does the actual game disc come in its own regular 360 game box inside the steel case or is it lose inside??
    It'll probably be simular to the gears 1 L.E, which had the tin and on the inside, a little cardboard case (much the same as the inside of a dvd case) that opened up with the game disk and the bonus dvd.
    (Exhales deeply) "It never ends"!