Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Is it like that Dude!!!!

What more can I say aout this one, but WOW. I just finished my first out of many many more playthroughs of it and there is absolutely no room for negative critique of this map period, it plays seamless all the way through, one of those you just want to set the Score to 50 on and just Frag away, which hey I just might do come to think of it. It reminds me of the Interior Portion of CTF Hydrosis just about 3x as detailed with a hybrid mix of DM Arsenal as far as the Multi-Leveled Corridors. A vast improvement over Safeguard, which I didn't even think was possible to do considering that it is better than most of the Stock Maps (Yep I said it). All in all my friend if this is your 2nd Map, you'll be on the Epic Design Team by the 4th. Anuban UT2, I can't leave you out either buddy, you cooked a Five Star Meal with this one. Everyone reading this please give feedback on this Map, it is one of the best you'll ever see here

Redeemer

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by OH_THAT ROCKET@#$! View Post
    What more can I say aout this one, but WOW. I just finished my first out of many many more playthroughs of it and there is absolutely no room for negative critique of this map period, it plays seamless all the way through, one of those you just want to set the Score to 50 on and just Frag away, which hey I just might do come to think of it. It reminds me of the Interior Portion of CTF Hydrosis just about 3x as detailed with a hybrid mix of DM Arsenal as far as the Multi-Leveled Corridors. A vast improvement over Safeguard, which I didn't even think was possible to do considering that it is better than most of the Stock Maps (Yep I said it). All in all my friend if this is your 2nd Map, you'll be on the Epic Design Team by the 4th. Anuban UT2, I can't leave you out either buddy, you cooked a Five Star Meal with this one. Everyone reading this please give feedback on this Map, it is one of the best you'll ever see here
    Wow that has to be the best comment ever!
    Firstly, im glad you like both my maps, im curious though have you only seen the PS3 version of Dreary3? because im my eye its really missing out compared to the PC version.
    lol thanks again for the comment, its always uplifting to read that people are enjoying it!.
    Thanks
    Keep up the good work Epic!! You guys are the Best!
    My Build: CPU: C2D-E6850, GPU:2xOC-8800ultras, MB: Asus Striker Extreme, 2x 150gb WD Raptor 2GB 8500C5 Ram
    Thank to the Judges and EPIC for the MSUC
    Please EPIC: Patch 2.1, Fix the UI settings not saving
    CTF-Safeguard3 - CTF-Dreary3 - CTF-Stratus V1.2

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ESKMO

nice shots.
    I'll have a try!

MSgt. Shooter Person

thx for the ps3 version

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice to see such an excellent remake.
    I thought I had one complaint - not being able to double-jump up to the shock rifle near the flag - but then I managed it once.

I guess my jumping skills aren't up to scratch, it certainly seemed easier to do in UT.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AndrewofDoom

Oddly enough, it has three times the polys, but I get a lot better frames than any stock map. I like the map's gameplay, but...it's just so colorless. But, then again, it is called Dreary. : P
    Xfire: andrewofdoom
    UT3 Name: AndrewofDoom

MSgt. Shooter Person

Back in the old days (UT99) I hated CTF-Dreary at first. But then, as I played this map more frequently with my clan-mates, I started to love it. So I definitely will give this one a try later today.

Keep up the good work.
    UT3-Ingame-Nick: [»A«]ZenMaster.jW

Visit us @ irc.quakenet.org #armageddon.ut, #mpukut3.warfare

Quote Originally Posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    "Warfare is onslaught on crack"
    Word!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by TimbreWolf View Post
    Nice to see such an excellent remake.
    I thought I had one complaint - not being able to double-jump up to the shock rifle near the flag - but then I managed it once.

I guess my jumping skills aren't up to scratch, it certainly seemed easier to do in UT.
    Its posible, its a peice of cake for me.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewofDoom View Post
    Oddly enough, it has three times the polys, but I get a lot better frames than any stock map.
    hmm yeah I did everyhing I know to optimize, the bigist thing was using minimal diferent meshes.
    Last edited by bazzwano; 07-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    My Build: CPU: C2D-E6850, GPU:2xOC-8800ultras, MB: Asus Striker Extreme, 2x 150gb WD Raptor 2GB 8500C5 Ram

Redeemer

tight map only seems ok for like 1v1 ctf , it looks good, but over 9000-performance is good so it's optimized good but it doesn't look like over 9000 meshes, and it is a small map. i reckon you can make it look just as good with about 4000 mesh tbh so its possible to get more performance out of it. Its also quite dark in many places, i would suggest a better map to remake because I don't think the layout of this map is up to the level of your decorating skills.
    Last edited by woooo; 07-29-2008 at 08:21 PM.
    The Ultimate Unreal resource...Unreal Central!!
    Video Card: HD ATI 5777 Pro | 6GB of RAM DDR3 1066mhz | 24" BenQ Monitor | Intel i7 930 2.8GHz

ZOMG COOK FOR PS3?

God King

Quote Originally Posted by woooo View Post
    ...it looks good, but over 9000-performance is good so it's optimized good but it doesn't look like over 9000 meshes, and it is a small map. i reckon you can make it look just as good with about 4000 mesh tbh so its possible to get more performance out of it...
    Well, I was in the bunch of private testers before the final release and for what I can tell you is that the private version (just before this final one) was less beautiful in the lighting area (had no lightning effects, no rain coming through the windows and else, the atmosphere was suffering a little bit about that) and I've got a minimum of 69 fps in the center room and much more in the others rooms. Trust me, I see the difference between the 2 version (private and final). The final is much, much, much more appealing visually and he manage to boost the fps A LOT even with all the visual goodies turned on.

So I'm well placed to say that droping 1 million triangle or more is apparent.

If it was only from me, there are some items that I would visually boost even more even if the fps would probably drop a little bit. IMO, ATM getting 172 fps is totally ridiculous and that is a shame for the people that pays big money to get a high end PC and are stuck with "downgrade" version of maps just to make everybody happy with there 3 years old crappy PC. My POV is that if your PC can't handle the map, play at low quality and don't be the bottleneck for everybody else that can play the map in all is glory that she deserve.

I'm just sharing my thoughts

The community is lucky to have so much FREE talent

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post

If it was only from me, there are some items that I would visually boost even more even if the fps would probably drop a little bit. IMO, ATM getting 172 fps is totally ridiculous and that is a shame for the people that pays big money to get a high end PC and are stuck with "downgrade" version of maps just to make everybody happy with there 3 years old crappy PC. My POV is that if your PC can't handle the map, play at low quality and don't be the bottleneck for everybody else that can play the map in all is glory that she deserve.
    Well thankfully you don't make maps so people don't have to worry about being left out in the cold for not having an uber rig.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Well thankfully you don't make maps so people don't have to worry about being left out in the cold for not having an uber rig.

lolll

My PC is a good one, but not the fastest one A 1100$ rig.

If one day I make some maps, I will ask you to test it on your "International Space WorkStation" PC And I'll make a low visual version for all the "Sputnik" PC

Redeemer

lol Steve the only thing you are without that I had was the moving pot, which wasnt really and eye catcher.. you got the lightning you wanted. what more do you want?

there is no need to add more detail.. I think it has plenty.. like I said epics maps have arround 2 million triangles, Hydrosis has 2 million, and it has a nice background.. I dont know if you noticed.. but my map is 3 times the ammount of triangles at 6.25 million with NO background.. the map cannot afford a background. besides. the windows are too small to actully see anything outside.
    Last edited by bazzwano; 07-30-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Redeemer

Lol i don't really care about getting more performance, I'm just trying to express how amazed I am with the performance he has in the map with over !!9000!! meshes!!!
    Video Card: HD ATI 5777 Pro | 6GB of RAM DDR3 1066mhz | 24" BenQ Monitor | Intel i7 930 2.8GHz

ZOMG COOK FOR PS3?

Redeemer

I know how to optimize

Redeemer

Yeah you do, if i have problems optimizing my map (when I get to optimizing) I know who to come to..

ZOMG COOK FOR PS3?

Redeemer

Comes with experience but the editor stat codes are the best tool really use "stat ld" to show a readout of whats being renderd. these are what I used to see how many meshes were being ocluded/ renderd
    also the light and shader complexity modes are great.. red is BAD green is GOOD.. these can also be tyed into the game "viewmode lightcomplecity"

there are other things such as accepting dynamic elements, these should be turned off for outside or our of reach objects.. but if you wana sourse because Optimizing can get rather complicated. there are a few other mappers I know who have tutorials online so just google search for them..evilmrfrank and DG unreal are 2 I know who have optimization tutorials.

Redeemer

Thanks for the info yeah I have the evilmrfrank tutorial saved

ZOMG COOK FOR PS3?

God King

Quote Originally Posted by bazzwano View Post
    lol Steve the only thing you are without that I had was the moving pot, which wasnt really and eye catcher.. you got the lightning you wanted. what more do you want?
    Hey Bazz, I have follow your "making of" thread since the beginning so I know that the map is very detailed more than stock maps I notice the good background to don't worry I was referring to : crates, fences, some arrow. You know that anyway

I'm starting to think of changing my "stevelois" name by "EagleEyes" name lol

MSgt. Shooter Person

Excellent remake!
    This map has put a bit of extra spark in the CTF community and we're pulling in some new players - keep up the good work

MSgt. Shooter Person

I totally forgot to give feedback for this FANTASTIC map. Everything about it is amazing. Even though you dumbed it down for PS3, it still looks on-par maybe even better the Epic's maps. The scale of the map is perfect and the map brings me back to my UT99 days. Seriously, Epic should hire you.
    PSN ID: Black_star

Luseferous's prediction of UT4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Luseferous View Post
    Quick plot synopsis: Demo guy seeks to take over the universe by using an army of his clones. You must disguise yourself as one of these clones and take on his vast army.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN: Xerxes91

Been waiting for this since I first played Safeguard, looking forward to trying it out, shame about the PS3 cook but I have no doubt that it'll still look awesome. DLing now.

Just played it, excellently remade, the attention to detail is amazing, it brings back good memories. I'll be adding this to the Custom Map server we have (PS3.)

I'd love to see more UT99 CTF remakes from you,
    Last edited by Xerxes; 08-02-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    One of the definitions of sanity is the ability to tell real from unreal. Soon we'll need a new definition.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Guys can you give a mirror link for ps3 please ?? : (

damn file front...

Redeemer

Default We shal see

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    I'd love to see more UT99 CTF remakes from you,
    hehe thanks, the community, "may" get one more remake.. I'm undecided.

there are some maps I would like to consider but would need help

CTF-Terra (i would need someone to make the mountains and magma on red side)
    CTF-Baranco (would need someone to make the mountain mesh and magma)

I guess I could just do it like the guy who did react...

CTF-Locustwind, this is a large map and may be a bit to much work for me ith the time i have.

CTF- Command, Asemetrical = allot of work

CTF-Unnamed this would a Ut3 version of a map I started back in the day after I got UT1. was a layout of my own design. I never finished it and Id rather a new layout.

My latest Idea would be a VCTF map mapped how I feel VCTF should be. with less vehicle focus, so it would focius on on foot action 1/3 of the map but with an area between the bases where vehicles can be used, maybe a longer side route for vehicles too.

but no plans to map right now.
    Last edited by bazzwano; 08-03-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Redeemer

Im also thinking about a graphical update to Coret.. whats peoples opinion on that? a waste of time? it looks ugly to me personally

God King

Im also thinking about a graphical update to Coret.. whats peoples opinion on that? a waste of time? it looks ugly to me personally
    Well, that stock map was a big deception for me to So much potential wasted...
    Anyway, I think that with all you just list, Coret-Classic is a good choice. I Personally, prefer the 2004 version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I'd really like a Lavagiant remake, if not that I think you should go with the vCTF map. It's always nice when people create vCTF maps that really work well.
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Nightanim1.gif
    http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Tailsnakes.jpg
    I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name. - Lupe Fiasco

Redeemer

Well, that stock map was a big deception for me to So much potential wasted...
    Anyway, I think that with all you just list, Coret-Classic is a good choice. I Personally, prefer the 2004 version
    yeh, I think I will do this then.. it wont be much, just a fix up the lightning and more detail here and there

I actully started doing this after I got the game.. but I think ill go all the way to make it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
    I'd really like a Lavagiant remake, if not that I think you should go with the vCTF map. It's always nice when people create vCTF maps that really work well.
    lava giant, outa my skill. I cant make meshes, to do it justic, you would need to make custom rock meshes.

hehe yip, and iv started. this is somthing ill finish over xmas though, it will actully be CTF, with just one vehicle per team, a dark walker i imagen. I dont want hoverboards on this map.. it will remain mostly on foot, indoors oriantated. close combat (what UT has always been about)
    Last edited by bazzwano; 08-05-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Redeemer

what If I make a super high detail version for Morphious? its such and easy map to make.. just 1 building duplicated basicly. Im not a DM fan, but Iv had a bit on fun on that map in the past...

what If I make a super high detail version for Morphious? its such and easy map to make.. just 1 building duplicated basicly. Im not a DM fan, but Iv had a bit on fun on that map in the past...
    That was my favourite UT map, though I only played UT casually
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Nightanim1.gif
    http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Tailsnakes.jpg
    I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name. - Lupe Fiasco

Banned

FINALLY a great UT99 remake map THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Ill check it out.

God King

It's one of the most UT remade map. A classic Don't remember how much version was remade for UT200x but IMO the best version is the 2004 stock one.

Today, when you look at it, it look like very basic, but...

At the time, even if the layout look very simple, it was innovative, the graphics where modern and sci-fi style. The map was packed with great atmosphere, great flow, great colours and low gravity movement. In all, that's not so easy to accomplish.

So, in the end, even if UT3 have far superior graphic engine, there isn't any stock meshes that are at least as modern today that it was at the time. Looking your last 2 CTF maps, they are gorgeous, plays very well, etc but building something from industrial/technical meshes is not the same as building from modern sci-fi meshes.

IMO, I don't think that you're up to it ... (lol... teasing you). You can do it but you will need to play enough with the meshes to make them look & feel somehow different from industrial/tech meshes. Perhaps, DM-Nimius by Ignotium could be a good reference Another example is DM-Shrift (UT3) by Genthly, his map as no custom content but he manage to make the stock meshes look different from the original look. His map is "alive" and there is nothing custom, it's simply amazing

UT99 GOTY with HQ textures (Morpheus - stock)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

UT2004 (Morpheus3 - stock)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

EDIT :

After writing this post, I just found this UT3 remake in the final forum : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613874
    No offence to the author because it is my taste, but that is exactly what I don't want to see in term of meshes, I'm so bored to see these meshes... shame. Anyway, judge by yourself

CTF- Command, Asemetrical = allot of work
    CTF-Command CE3 made by [WFH]Gotcha is symetrical and still very played in UT99.
    Or don't you want to do a remake of Brokenlimits or Gauntlet ?

Banned

It's one of the most UT remade map. A classic Don't remember how much version was remade for UT200x but IMO the best version is the 2004 stock one.

Today, when you look at it, it look like very basic, but...

At the time, even if the layout look very simple, it was innovative, the graphics where modern and sci-fi style. The map was packed with great atmosphere, great flow, great colours and low gravity movement. In all, that's not so easy to accomplish.

So, in the end, even if UT3 have far superior graphic engine, there isn't any stock meshes that are at least as modern today that it was at the time. Looking your last 2 CTF maps, they are gorgeous, plays very well, etc but building something from industrial/technical meshes is not the same as building from modern sci-fi meshes.

IMO, I don't think that you're up to it ... (lol... teasing you). You can do it but you will need to play enough with the meshes to make them look & feel somehow different from industrial/tech meshes. Perhaps, DM-Nimius by Ignotium could be a good reference Another example is DM-Shrift (UT3) by Genthly, his map as no custom content but he manage to make the stock meshes look different from the original look. His map is "alive" and there is nothing custom, it's simply amazing

UT99 GOTY with HQ textures (Morpheus - stock)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

UT2004 (Morpheus3 - stock)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

EDIT :

After writing this post, I just found this UT3 remake in the final forum : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613874
    No offence to the author because it is my taste, but that is exactly what I don't want to see in term of meshes, I'm so bored to see these meshes... shame. Anyway, judge by yourself
    I don't like the new updated one at all for UT2K4 ... it is so phoney looking when you look down and can see the buildings don't really touch the earth it really destroys the immersion, as well as the fact that all these other buildings are really not necessary in the newer version and the way the original was done you can't tell that at all, it is just done right ... plus the game play is a tad different. I still say that the original Morpheus is the best so if you are going to do a remake of this please use that one for your reference.

Skaarj

I definately vote for a bazzwano remake of Morphious. Although there is already at least one that I know of already, I'm sure bazz would really go all out on it and create the one must-have version for ut3.

Plus, It was my fav map in ut2004 (and I do agree with following the ut99 version, although I have never played it, ut99 maps seem to work much better with the ut3 play style).

Iron Guard

awesome!
    great map!
    *downloading right now!...*

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just downloaded this and took it for a spin, and its is very nice.

Proper Kung-Fu, well done bazz.

Redeemer

thanks for the comments..
    you "may" see one more map from me.. I dont think ill do morphious anymore..

im to busy playing descent: freespace 2

MSgt. Shooter Person

this is simply astonishing ! what a faithful remake, absolutely gorgeous map !

i've play all stevelois ctf suggested maps. they're all great. i must say that this one is my preferred. it beat all epic maps hands down and is the most polished ctf maps i've play so far !

thank you very much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast