View Poll Results: What do you think of it?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great fun!

5 83.33%
  • Meh, I don't like it.

0 0%
  • I'm being indecisive.

0 0%
  • Haven't tired it/don't have GoW PC

1 16.67%
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Finland, not the place I want to be in...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CabooseJr666

Default GoW PC fun cheat mod (old?)

The Mod.txt file - Only a text file, but that's it.

Well, got bored and started fiddling around with GOW again.
    I've had this "mod" for a long time and it's been changing only a bit in the past. Thought I'd share it.

Code:

Cheat Mod for Gears of War (PC)
    Installation:
    Place the text file (Mod.txt) into your default GOW binaries folder.
    Example:
    C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\
    Then, in game, open up the console (usually the tilde key) and type:
    exec Mod.txt
    Effects in game:
    -increased health to all allies and Marcus, thus only the chainsaw can kill you as it is an insta-kill weapon.
    -Increased clip size, ammo capasity amd how much there is of it, so you won't run out of it ever again.
    -Weapons have been tweaked to be a little stronger (some more accurate, some have a larger explosion radius, some have higher ROF etc).
    -Headshots deadlier, but other bodyparts tougher.
    -You can get to cover from a longer distance.
    -Active reload's easier to get and Perfect Active Reload damage boost bonus is a lot better now and lasts longer plus your buddies use it too.
    -Tweaks to AI; they can do new tricks...
    -Other minor tweaks that you can look into later.
    NOTES!
    A)
    Achievements are deactivated by the use of this cheat mod (or any cheat mod for that matter), but look 
    on the bright side, atleast it won't crash your game like those trainers do.
    B)
    Some of the commands aren't always located in a certain level 
    (the one you're in at the moment when you activate the mod for instance)
    So you might have to re-activate the mod with the command, but they stay on in the rest of the levels.
    C)
    The mod deactivates after either going back to the main menu or by restarting the game.
    D)
    If you can't get the console to work then try editing the Warinput.ini file in your
    Username\My Documents\My games\Gears of War for Windows\Wargame\Config folder, specifically these lines:
    [Engine.Console]
    ConsoleKey=Tilde <--Which key the console is
    TypeKey=Tilde <--Should be the same as the console key!!
    bEnableUI=True <--This needs to be set to TRUE
    E)
    If you have a Gold LIVE account then either disable it or make a new account (silver or local) to use the
    Commands, I noticed difficulties when using a gold account and commands.
    You can look into the mod.txt file for more details and even some info on how to tweak it yourself!
    But if you have any questions then you can just type them here and I'll try to come back regulary to answer them.
    Lol if you've seen this anywhere else (posted so far at modacity, cheathappens and L4Y ages ago) is because I've been too lazy to post it here. Anyway, have fun!
    "There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring, I'd like to think that I'm walking along that line everyday." - Church, RvB

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

I've been trying to use a trimmed-down version of this (that increases the abilities of the AI, but doesn't alter health/damage values, etc. I followed the installation and activation process, but I'm not noticing any change in gameplay on either Casual or Hardcore.
    Friendly AI still runs right out in front of Troikas, I don't see any blind firing or hear any actives going off...

Hmm.. Gold Account, that might be doing it... lemme try my spare account...

EDIT: Got it working, needed a silver account.
    So cool to hear the AIs getting actives and jams in battles, and seeing Drones and Grenadiers blind firing...
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 05-23-2008 at 10:26 PM.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Glad you liked it.
    If you have any more questions and/or suggestions then please don't hesitate to speak up.

And yes, like my "readme" notes stated; the mod doesn't work with a Gold account - anything else for that matter should work, I've tried a silver, local and no account at all - They all work.

Oh, but If you don't like some of the health mods, then I suggest that you atleast leave it around something like 1000-3000 because of the amped up weapons and AI etc etc. In other words, the game might prove to be hell-of-a-lot more difficult with your normal health values.
    Last edited by Caboose O'Malley; 05-23-2008 at 11:40 PM.
    "There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring, I'd like to think that I'm walking along that line everyday." - Church, RvB

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

I removed any of the damage and health changes, so it's just the stock game with more capable AI.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

That'll work too, giving more of an edge to it.
    (and probably a more "How it's meant to be played"-feel to it I can imagine)

Oh and feel free to also make your own versions and modify my text file in anyway you wish and release it if you wan't, just give me some credit then for making the original one.
    Last edited by Caboose O'Malley; 05-23-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Pretty much. Now if I could just get the AI to do revives and executions...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    Pretty much. Now if I could just get the AI to do revives and executions...
    Well that's in the game code, and we can't mod the game code
    Unless we could get rid of LIVE....

But executions? What happens when one of your buddies gets stomped for good? Mission failed? They are part of the story so it wouldn't really fit IMHO. Revives though all the way!
    Last edited by Caboose O'Malley; 05-24-2008 at 12:00 AM.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose O'Malley View Post
    Well that's in the game code, and we can't mod the game code
    Unless we could get rid of LIVE....

But executions? What happens when one of your buddies gets stomped for good? Mission failed? They are part of the story so it wouldn't really fit IMHO. Revives though all the way!
    Objective Failed, and you go back to the last checkpoint. Would give you a little more motivation to go save them, since as it is unless you're the last one standing it doesn't really matter.

Right now I'm looking through the boss statistics, seeing if I can make improvements to the Seeder and Corpser fights.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

You might be able to prolong the fights, but that's about it really :/ It will still be the same as always... Or I guess you could try giving the Bosses a total health so that you could kill them that way...?
    The executions would work better if the game had either more frequent (and working!) checkpoints or a quicksave system...

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

What I've done with the Corpser is increase his damage tolerance, so you'll have to try a little harder to push him back... I'll have to see what kind of effect it has on gameplay, though.
    I think I can also adjust how long he's stunned for, which could be fun to mess with.

I've given the Seeder health regen so you'll have to stay focused on him, but I'll have to look around more before I'll be able to do a whole lot with him...
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 05-24-2008 at 03:21 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

That's cool, BTW a tip:
    Even if a command isn't located under a certain tree (Example; weapon or character) It doesn't still mean that it wouldn't work with it...
    Like giving a gun a stronger last bullet in the clip, even though the ini file doesn't state it to have one:

set WarfareGame.Weap_LocustPistol LastBulletStrongerPercent 5.5f

Just a thought...

EDIT:
    Silly of me, you probably already know this, why else would you have given the seeder regen XD
    Sorry.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

No problem. Always good to exchange ideas.
    I wonder if i can increase the rate at which the Seeder spits Nemies, and the Nemie's movement rate. That'd spice up the Seeders a bit, eh?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

No problem. Always good to exchange ideas.
    I wonder if i can increase the rate at which the Seeder spits Nemies, and the Nemie's movement rate. That'd spice up the Seeders a bit, eh?
    Interesting Idea, but I haven't seen anything related to it in the inis, I could look again.
    The movement rate should be plausible by speedmodifiers:

set WarfareGameContent.Pawn_GeistNemacyst SpeedModifier 1.25

EDIT:
    I thought that I would find something about the seeders and maybe about the timedelay in which they spit out those Nemacysts in the WarAI.ini, but apparently it doesn't even have an AI!
    You could try giving it a speedmodifier also, I suppose?
    Last edited by Caboose O'Malley; 05-24-2008 at 04:08 AM.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

I wonder if it's a firerate variable... Hmm, thought I had seen one...
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 05-24-2008 at 04:26 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I wonder if it's a firerate variable...
    No gun in the weapon.ini that would lead me to believe so, and the default weapons ROF is zero so it isn't it either.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

What abbout: PRM_RateOfFire=(Value=(850)) from: WarWeaponsHardcore.ini.

set WarfareGameContent.Pawn_GeistSeeder PRM_RateOfFire (Value=(850))

(I'd test it now but I'm in a Crackdown game... )
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 05-24-2008 at 04:45 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

It's most likely in the game code itself, the whole seeder is a scrpted enemy and therefore it's improbable that you'd be able to change the rate of ****ting for it
    But like I said, the speedmodifier MIGHT work...

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

D***it, none of my Seeder changes are having any effect. snarl.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Not even the speed mods?
    Fetid... The whole animal is mostly scripted I guess.
    But I'll still look into it.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

It may be necessary to edit the maps themselves. Take a look at the kismet or whatever it is that makes them tick. I may want to include them in a custom map at some point, so I'll see what I can learn later today...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

It may be necessary to edit the maps themselves. Take a look at the kismet or whatever it is that makes them tick. I may want to include them in a custom map at some point, so I'll see what I can learn later today...
    I've mostly been looking in the text files and such, I've never messed around with the kismet.
    I once did try to start the unrealED but it crashed so I'm not trying it again...