Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Wink How to play UT3 PC in SPLITSCREEN

Moddb guide: Jordan Maxwell
    Includes instuctions on how to control second player with one gamepad and how to emulate a XBOX360 controller.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-tou...en-pc#comments

If you have XBox360 controllers rather follow lordshoot2kill's guide
    lordshoot2kill's Unreal Tournament 3 Split Screen Guide
    http://pcsplitscreen.freehostia.com/Unreal.htm

Firstly you can activate Splitscreen in two ways. One is by editing the UTGame.ini

UTGame.ini
    Code:
    [UTGame.UTUIDataStore_StringList]
    StringData=(Tag="ScreenResolution",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="PS3ButtonPresets",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="Splitscreen",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="CharacterParts",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    Change the value to 1
    NOTE:
    If you want to play the game normally again you'll have to change that value back to 0.

Play Offline, Host Game, You'll see the game is in splitscreen and it'll start.
    If you choose instant action the game won't start until both players press fire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other way is by using the folowing command in console
    Start a game in Instant Action or host a lan match. Press TAB ingame
    Enter the folowing

DebugCreatePlayer 1
    The second player will be added in midgame.

NOTE:
    With this is possible to add up to four players, but be careful.
    By default you are Player0
    So if you want to add more players without messing up the controls or crashing the game do this.

DebugCreatePlayer 1
    DebugCreatePlayer 2
    DebugCreatePlayer 3

If you want to remove a player do this:

DebugRemovePlayer 1
    DebugRemovePlayer 2
    DebugRemovePlayer 3

depending on which player you want to remove(never remove or add player0)

NOTE :
    Only player0 can click use the game menu.

Other useful commands :

SSSwapcontrollers
    Useful for testing out the other players in splitscreen if you don't have gamepads.

NOTE :
    You'll have to go back to player0 if you want to use the menu.

SetConsoleTarget (0,1,2,3)
    Allows you to put godmode on for player3 for example. Or if you press jump player3 will jump
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How To Control Both players at the same time?

So far the only way it's currently possible is to have two supported gamepads.

If you have one game controller it'll control the first player. In other words the first player will be controlled by the gamepad and K/M.

List of currently known supported controllers:

According to ".newzero" two wireless XBOX360 with a wireless receiver works.

According to "Junk_man32" ps2controllers with usb converters also work.

List of currently unsupported controllers

According to "HideInLight" XFXForce controller

Issues

Still have the problem of how to control one player with K/M and other with gamepad.

How to set keybindings for the second player is still not fully known yet

The Left analog's stick Y-Axis is inverted. In other words Down = Forward and Up=BackWards
    A temporary fix for the above mentioned problem is the folowing: (Credit to AcidVenom)
    Open up your UTInput.ini and look for this command line under the [Engine.PlayerInput].
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad",Command=" Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3")
    Now just change the Speed to a negative number (add -) like this: Speed=-1.0. Save your changes and now the movement controls are switched. All the changes done in the .ini will affect both players.[/CODE]

A mutator that'll allow you to switch to all the kinds of splitscreens (Vertical, Horisontal, 3 players, 4 without using console commands and ini editing still doesn't exist yet.

If you have splitscreen on you cannot join another game (with or wthout) splitscreen enabled via network. But if you host a game while in splitscreen mode other people can join your game via network(as long as they have splitscreen mode disabled).

The possibilty of using 2 mice. It's possible, just not with ut3 atm.

A other more hacky but still interesting way to get splitscreen:

Splitscreen With One or Two Monitors Guide by running two UT3's at once
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=612551
    Last edited by HideInLight; 09-10-2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: including small guide in first post

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: irishdudewill

I'd go more into detail, but suffice it to say, it won't work due to the setup of system resources.
    Bacon, it's what's for dinner!

No i was refering to the real build in splitscreen.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Boomshot

I doubt that it will be possible without some scripting. Perhaps you need to make the PlayerController load settings from a profile so that it has key bindings?

Banned

has there ever been a fps on the pc with split screen? i cant think of even one.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GEARS COMBATANT

What custom characters are those?^^ And I guess someone could use WSAD and a mouse on one side of the desk, and the other can use the numberpad, with Enter as jump....But still, I kinda dont see how anyone's going to run splitscreen on PC without a monster rig....Too much crap to render....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Froooooom

Weren't those splitscreen-screenshots regarding the Xbox 360-version??

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

Quote Originally Posted by Slippster View Post
    has there ever been a fps on the pc with split screen? i cant think of even one.
    Serious Sam FE and SE.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Froooooom View Post
    Weren't those splitscreen-screenshots regarding the Xbox 360-version??
    Don't think the XBOX360 has action cam or nowhere map nor the warhammer model pack.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDemise View Post
    What custom characters are those?^^ And I guess someone could use WSAD and a mouse on one side of the desk, and the other can use the numberpad, with Enter as jump....But still, I kinda dont see how anyone's going to run splitscreen on PC without a monster rig....Too much crap to render....
    Didn't get any framedrops at all. Hell, I'm suprised how well 128 bots with the warfare+ mod ran on my PC, the unreal3 engine is brilliant...
    Gampads and Joysticks also a possibility. 2 Gamepads if you wanna play fair lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Slippster View Post
    Yup, but not many. In serious sam's case you could also to multiple mice, but one had to be serial so not many gamers bothered then and decent gamepads for fps didnt exist back then either. Jsut because splitscreen isn't visible in other fps doesn't mean Ut3 should be without it. See it as plus point for having something other games fail to have or even bothered with.
    Besides there's always UT2D and racing mods on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evil View Post
    I doubt that it will be possible without some scripting. Perhaps you need to make the PlayerController load settings from a profile so that it has key bindings?
    That's why I'm asking. Hopefully someone can make a sample script if that's the case. Even if it just shows you how to make the player jump. If it's more complicated is there anychance of including it in future patches?

UtGame.ini
    Code:
    [UTGame.UTUIDataStore_StringList]
    StringData=(Tag="ServerType",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="ServerType360",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="MatchType",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="MatchType360",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="BotTeams",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="RecordDemo",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="Fullscreen",DefaultValueIndex=1)
    StringData=(Tag="ScreenResolution",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="PS3ButtonPresets",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="Splitscreen",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="CharacterParts",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    StringData=(Tag="PlayerCardOptions",DefaultValueIndex=0,Strings=("Item1","Item2","Item3","Item4"))
    StringData=(Tag="ComboTest",DefaultValueIndex=0,Strings=("Item1","Item2","Item3","Item4"))
    StringData=(Tag="MissionList",CurrentValue="",Strings=(""))
    StringData=(Tag="PlayerName",DefaultValueIndex=0)
    Change the value from 0 to 1

As for multiple mice input it seems the technology is already there and doesn't require a serial port...http://www.mouse-party.com/index.shtml has some examples of games you play using two mice. Don't think UT3 will ever see this kind of thing since it'll need to be implemented and that would be one huge undertaking...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice find really, seems the engine has alot more in it then is presented so far, though maybe it's only also in the PC version because they are doing it for the xbox (same engine etc).

Could be fun tho playing with 2mice/keyboards :P

Can someone with a XBox360 controller please try this out see if it works.
    Try Instant Action first. If that not work. Play offline Host game.

If you have 2 XBox360 controllers try that to.

I'm starting to think you need those controllers specificly for this to work properly.

Post here to confirm that it works/doesn't work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I don't have an XBox controller but I have been fooling around with it. One thing I noticed, which I am sure you noticed also Hide, is the controls revert back to the default commands. I found it was getting the commands from the first section of the UTInput.ini. I made full copy of that section, changing the title name to stuff like 'Engine.PlayerTwoInput' (not sure that's correct title, at work now) to get like a mirror effect with no luck. I was hoping it be something so simple.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fr0z3nB0nes

It wont be something like player two, its more likely, based on coding:

engine.Player[1]Input and for player 3 engine.Player[2]Input etc.

I have got an xbox controller that works for my pc so im gonna try this out for sure!

Wait, who was it that managed to edit an ini for the ps3?

Surely you could add a splitscreen gametype, eg dm for test. That uses a uses a custom utgame?

I bet the ps3 would set the controls up correctly...
    Last edited by marilol; 05-16-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I can now confirm that unless you use two xbox contollers this is of little use.

My xbox controller only controls player 1

I was afraid about the one XBOX360 controller thing won't really know unless there is two plugged in.

I found a nice utility that might help figure out this problem.
    http://www.wingrep.com/

You can search multiple text files or in this case .uc files for a word.

Typing in splitscreen gives a few very interesting results.

The uc that contains the most information about splitscreen is GameViewPortClient.uc

Might wanna check it out. This is what was found

Code:
    Windows Grep Search Results
    00083: * Enum of the different splitscreen types
    00085: enum ESplitScreenType
    00109: * Structure to store splitscreen data.
    00111: struct native PerPlayerSplitscreenData
    00120: * Structure containing all the player splitscreen datas per splitscreen configuration.
    00122: struct native SplitscreenData
    00124: var array<PerPlayerSplitscreenData> PlayerData;
    00127: /** Array of the screen data needed for all the different splitscreen configurations */
    00128: var array<SplitscreenData> SplitscreenInfo;
    00129: /** Current splitscreen type being used */
    00130: var ESplitScreenType SplitscreenType;
    00132: var const ESplitScreenType Default2PSplitType;
    00133: var const ESplitScreenType Default3PSplitType;
    00318: /** Rotates controller ids among gameplayers, useful for testing splitscreen with only one controller. */
    00346: /** debug test for testing splitscreens */
    00349: SetSplitscreenConfiguration( ESplitScreenType(mode) );
    00473: /** Sets up the splitscreen configuration and does some sanity checking */
    00474: function SetSplitscreenConfiguration( ESplitScreenType SplitType )
    00478: SplitscreenType = SplitType;
    00485: SplitscreenType = eSST_NONE;
    00488: if ( (SplitscreenType != eSST_2P_HORIZONTAL) && (SplitscreenType != eSST_2P_VERTICAL) )
    00490: SplitscreenType = Default2PSplitType;
    00494: if ( (SplitscreenType != eSST_3P_FAVOR_TOP) && (SplitscreenType != eSST_3P_FAVOR_BOTTOM) )
    00496: SplitscreenType = Default3PSplitType;
    00500: SplitscreenType = eSST_4P;
    00504: for ( Idx = 0; Idx < SplitscreenInfo[SplitscreenType].PlayerData.length; Idx++ )
    00506: GamePlayers[Idx].Size.X = SplitscreenInfo[SplitscreenType].PlayerData[Idx].SizeX;
    00507: GamePlayers[Idx].Size.Y = SplitscreenInfo[SplitscreenType].PlayerData[Idx].SizeY;
    00508: GamePlayers[Idx].Origin.X = SplitscreenInfo[SplitscreenType].PlayerData[Idx].OriginX;
    00509: GamePlayers[Idx].Origin.Y = SplitscreenInfo[SplitscreenType].PlayerData[Idx].OriginY;
    00518: SetSplitscreenConfiguration( SplitscreenType );
    00545: switch ( SplitscreenType )
    00568: switch ( SplitscreenType )
    00591: switch ( SplitscreenType )
    00616: switch ( SplitscreenType )
    00638: * This is different from the pixel size of the viewport since we could be in splitscreen
    00642: switch ( SplitscreenType )
    00777: switch ( SplitscreenType )
    01030: SplitscreenInfo={(
    01050: SplitscreenType=eSST_NOVALUE

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by HideInLight View Post
    ...You can search multiple text files or in this case .uc files for a word...
    You can make Windows' own barely adequate search work on .uc files by adding this to the registry:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ucfile]
    @="UnrealScript"
    "EditFlags"=dword:00000000
    "BrowserFlags"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ucfile\DefaultIcon]
    @="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\SHELL32.dll,69"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ucfile\shell]
    @="edit"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ucfile\shell\edit]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ucfile\shell\edit\command]
    @=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
      00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,4e,00,4f,00,\
      54,00,45,00,50,00,41,00,44,00,2e,00,45,00,58,00,45,00,20,00,25,00,31,00,00,\

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.uc]
    @="ucfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.uc\PersistentHandler]
    @="{5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"
    Just put it in a plain text file called Whatever.reg and double-click on it. Windows will now think that .uc files are made of text and thus can be searched.

That program is user friendly...
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...reenSearch.jpg

Anyways I'm just looking at bunch of code atm. I know there's something useful in there just can't register it atm... Need sleep...
    Hopefully someone can figure this out. A mutator that starts the game in splitscreen would be a nice start though so.

Or better yet Epic can just tell us how to and if there really is a simple solution...

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

hey, in the utgame, if you search for splitscreen theres a ton of variables with remove on pc set to true, including a menu checkbox, im gonna mess around with it.

Code:
    00127: /** Array of the screen data needed for all the different splitscreen configurations */
    00318: /** Rotates controller ids among gameplayers, useful for testing splitscreen with only one controller. */
    00473: /** Sets up the splitscreen configuration and does some sanity checking */
    Anyone seen this? That configures the controllers, im gonna have a go.

EDIT: Ok, so what i have now is a variable, PlayerIdx is the id the player gets its input from.

So, if someone created a new input config then you could bind it to PlayerIdx{1} or something then that may work?
    Last edited by marilol; 05-17-2008 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marilol View Post
    hey, in the utgame, if you search for splitscreen theres a ton of variables with remove on pc set to true, including a menu checkbox, im gonna mess around with it.

Code:
    Anyone seen this? That configures the controllers, im gonna have a go.

EDIT: Ok, so what i have now is a variable, PlayerIdx is the id the player gets its input from.

So, if someone created a new input config then you could bind it to PlayerIdx{1} or something then that may work?
    Any luck so far.

We need someone with 2 Xbox controllers to test it out. If i look at the code it kinda hints at that. If it doesn't work it's proably broken to some degree and there will be lots a scripting involved getting this to work...

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

I've got three, actually, I might be able to help. (None of them are wired, though, so I'll have to find a way to connect them... da*n.)
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Might wanna try searching "split-screen" apart from "splitscreen" with that program.

Found this under UIScreenObjec.uc
    May be of some importance on seeing how it actually works and how two different players recieve input.

Code:
    /**
     * Enables input processing in this widget for the player located at the specified index of the Engine.GamePlayers array.
     * If this control is not currently masking input (i.e. its PlayerInputMask is 255), the input mask will be set to only
     * allow input from the player index specified.
     * @param	PlayerIndex		the index of the player that this control should now respond to input for.
     * @param	bRecurse		propagate the new input mask to all children of this control.
     */
    final event EnablePlayerInput( byte PlayerIndex, optional bool bRecurse=true )
    {
    	local byte NewPlayerInputMask;

if ( PlayerIndex >= 0 && PlayerIndex < MAX_SUPPORTED_GAMEPADS )
    	{
    		// a value of 255 allows this control to process input from all gamepads, so if the current value
    		// is 255, we need to reset it first so that we now only respond to the gamepad index specified.
    		if ( PlayerInputMask == 255 )
    		{
    			PlayerInputMask = 0;
    		}

NewPlayerInputMask = PlayerInputMask | (1 << PlayerIndex);
    		SetInputMask(NewPlayerInputMask, bRecurse);
    	}
    }

/**
     * Disables input processing in this widget for the player located at the specified index of the Engine.GamePlayers array.
     * If this control is no longer masking any players (i.e. the new PlayerInputMask would be 0), the input mask will be reset
     * to allow input from any player.
     * @param	GamepadIndex	the gamepad that this control should no longer respond to input for.
     * @param	bRecurse		propagate the new input mask to all children of this control.
     */
    final event DisablePlayerInput( byte PlayerIndex, optional bool bRecurse=true )
    {
    	local byte NewPlayerInputMask;

if ( PlayerIndex >= 0 && PlayerIndex < MAX_SUPPORTED_GAMEPADS )
    	{
    		NewPlayerInputMask = PlayerInputMask & ~(1 << PlayerIndex);

// if we disabled input for all gamepads, it means that we don't want to mask out
    		// any gamepads, so reset this control's input mask so that it will accept input
    		// from any gamepad
    		if ( NewPlayerInputMask == 0 )
    		{
    			NewPlayerInputMask = 255;
    		}

SetInputMask(NewPlayerInputMask, bRecurse);
    	}
    }

/**
     * Changes the player input mask for this control, which controls which players this control will accept input from.
     * @param	NewInputMask	the new mask that should be assigned to this control
     * @param	bRecurse		if TRUE, calls SetInputMask on all child controls as well.
     */
    event SetInputMask( byte NewInputMask, optional bool bRecurse=true )
    {
    	local int i;

PlayerInputMask = NewInputMask;
    	if ( bRecurse )
    	{
    		for ( i = 0; i < Children.Length; i++ )
    		{
    			Children[i].SetInputMask(NewInputMask, true);
    		}
    	}
    }

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

yeah, thats what i did, i believe the other players are named:

Code:
    playerIdx
    Where x is add the player number - 1 so player 1 is PlayerId0 + Player 2 is PlayerId1 etc.

So therefore you could in theory create a second config that uses all the unused keys.

Then create a script which gives that config to that player.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mstenger404 View Post
    are you thinking of the setup where you have 2 instances of ut3 running or the setup where you actually have a true splitscreen on one instance of ut3?
    No. That won't work. The PC game still requires keyboard access even when you select use of a controller. How would you split that out? Two instances running simultaneously, even if it executes, will be fighting for memory sharing and video card pipelines/caching.

Aren't those from the 360?

Why anyone would want to use splitscreen FPS gaming on a PC unless they have a killer 60" monitor about 12 feet from where they sit is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    No. That won't work. The PC game still requires keyboard access even when you select use of a controller. How would you split that out? Two instances running simultaneously, even if it executes, will be fighting for memory sharing and video card pipelines/caching.

Aren't those from the 360?

Why anyone would want to use splitscreen FPS gaming on a PC unless they have a killer 60" monitor about 12 feet from where they sit is beyond me.
    Tried the above method. Worked, both instances ran fine, were able to control both players, one via keyboard and mouse, other via gamepad(but they gamepad were assigned to keyboard keys. So didnt have that precission control. Will figure out someday how to send gamepad buttons directly to input window, but UT3 doesn't support my gamepad...Good enough for UT2d though atm.

Nope those are from the PS3. XBox360 don't have mods...

It's in the name of fun. Don't need a huge bigscreen to have fun. Plus not everyone has a PC that runs ut3. Plus you can scream or hit your teamie if he messed up in a team game. Although if you really want on play on a 60 inch sitting 12ft away you can. Just add some controllers and a bigscreen tv.

But unless someone makes it possible it will never happen.

Veteran

If it can be hacked together perhaps the PS3 can get a splitscreen mod.
    I run VoxHouse (VHSGames) and the UnrealDB.
    Film & Game producer, using and teaching UDK & Unreal Engine 4. Please stop by and say a good word on my project thread.
    Also feel free to join us on #udkc irc.gamesurge.net or via web: http://myclodel.com to chat live with others in the UDK community.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Tried the above method. Worked, both instances ran fine, were able to control both players, one via keyboard and mouse, other via gamepad(but they gamepad were assigned to keyboard keys. So didnt have that precission control. Will figure out someday how to send gamepad buttons directly to input window, but UT3 doesn't support my gamepad...Good enough for UT2d though atm.
    Come again? What method? How were you able to see both player "screens" and did you actually have two persons playing the game, running around and shooting weapons, etc.? Sure, technically it works, but will it actually work in practical setting?

It's in the name of fun. Don't need a huge bigscreen to have fun. Plus not everyone has a PC that runs ut3. Plus you can scream or hit your teamie if he messed up in a team game. Although if you really want on play on a 60 inch sitting 12ft away you can. Just add some controllers and a bigscreen tv.
    You don't make sense. You say not everyone has a PC capable of running UT3, but you say that a person can run two instances on the same PC. UT3 in one instance heavily taxes most computers, how well will two run?

That's how i did the two instance thing
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=612551
    Unfortunately i have no one to play against, besides myself atm...But i can control both seperately at the same time.

A lot of people have outdated systems that cannot run ut3. So the only way they gonna be able play ut3 is via spitscreen with someone that has a decent system.

But i have an updated system
    E6600 8800gt 3gig:

See it in this way, each instance theoratically gets the folowing
    2.4Ghz processor, 8600 graphics card, 1.5 gig ram.

So basically your turning a PowerFull PC into two less powerful pc's.

But in case of the splitscreen in topic I didn't see any real performance drop.

Thumbs up

I can confirm that using 2 XBOX 360 Gamepads are working in splitscreen controlling BOTH players! I used 2 wired ones. Wireless gamepads should work too if you got the reciever.

oh and yeah i just registered on the board for telling you just that ^^

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by .newzero View Post
    I can confirm that using 2 XBOX 360 Gamepads are working in splitscreen controlling BOTH players! I used 2 wired ones. Wireless gamepads should work too if you got the reciever.

oh and yeah i just registered on the board for telling you just that ^^
    Thank you .newzero for that info

It may not stop there yet i see theres more than one type of splitscreen in the code vertically, horissontally and up to 4 players.

If more can confrim the 2 Xbox controller thing, that'll be lovely.

Also if you have a controller that works with ut3 that's not a xbox360 post here

Banned

how come you guys can figure this out,
    and epic stands there with their thumbs up their asses?

way to go, guys!

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Cool stuff guys.

Slippster, I don't think it's a case "thumb up the butt" syndrome as much as it is making splitscreen work consistently on multiple PC configurations versus the ease of doing so on a set platform such as the 360.

MSgt. Shooter Person

That is great news about the 360 controllers! Has anybody else tried it? Just wondering because right now I am wondering if I can afford 2 360 controllers this week!

I think it's kinda funny that the PC is going to get splitscreen before a console(PS3) by using a rival consoles controllers(360)!
    I Play on PC

MSgt. Shooter Person

so all some1 has to do now is make a mutator that turns the splitscreen function on & then cook it for the ps3.

Intel Q6600 @ 3.4 | Asus P5K-Premium Black Pearl Edition | 4gb OCZ Reaper DDR2-8500 @ 5-5-5-15 / 1066
    Asus Nvidia GTX280 @ Stock | 2x 300gb WD V-Raptors | Creative X-Fi | Vista H/P 64bit sp1 | Samsung 226CW Monitor

Coming to think of it, If you ahve 2 controllers plugged in player 1 should also be able to play with the Keyboard/Mouse.

So if you could create a fake controller that UT3 supports(virtual gamepad) so that it is detected as cotrollerid 1 or whatever. And make your real controller be detected as controllerid 2.

You could still do splitscreen with one controller and K/M.
    Plus if you could create two fake controllers you could assign your unsupported gamepad to the second one.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UnskilledPRO PC

Coming to think of it, If you ahve 2 controllers plugged in player 1 should also be able to play with the Keyboard/Mouse.

So if you could create a fake controller that UT3 supports(virtual gamepad) so that it is detected as cotrollerid 1 or whatever. And make your real controller be detected as controllerid 2.

You could still do splitscreen with one controller and K/M.
    Plus if you could create two fake controllers you could assign your unsupported gamepad to the second one.
    Good point, do you have any clues as to how one can create a virtual 360 controller?

Edit: im going to try to use a small app called ppjoy
    Last edited by UnskilledPRO; 05-19-2008 at 07:19 AM.
    --Gaming Rig--
    Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-ap | 2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC Cl4 @ 400Mhz | C2Q Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz | ATi HD4870 850Mhz/4000Mhz |
    Logitech MX518 | Razor eXactMat | Random keyboard
    LG L2000C 20.1" S-IPS 1600x1200pix
    Grado SR-60

Quote Originally Posted by UnskilledPRO View Post
    Good point, do you have any clues as to how one can create a virtual 360 controller?

Nope, one that's supported anyway but I don't have time to play around with it atm, have this assignment to complete efore i can play around with it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UnskilledPRO PC

Nope, one that's supported anyway but I don't have time to play around with it atm, have this assignment to complete efore i can play around with it.
    Hehe, you too? :P these damn assignments are killing me.. anyhoo, i tried to install PPJoy but ran into some driver issues.. ill look into in later.
    --Gaming Rig--
    Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-ap | 2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC Cl4 @ 400Mhz | C2Q Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz | ATi HD4870 850Mhz/4000Mhz |
    Logitech MX518 | Razor eXactMat | Random keyboard
    LG L2000C 20.1" S-IPS 1600x1200pix
    Grado SR-60

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ambershee

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    so all some1 has to do now is make a mutator that turns the splitscreen function on & then cook it for the ps3.
    It doesn't work like that.

Someone could probably write a mutator for the PS3 that changes that value, but i give it a 5% probability of working and a 95% chance of failing to do anything.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by UnskilledPRO View Post

I don't think tweaking the .ini files will do anything, but you can find out how the Xbox controls are entered from UTInput and UTGame.

The UTInput.ini doesn't seem to have all the commands, like moving/strafing to the right. In UTGame.ini I remember there being list with all the commands. The Xbox commands had the 'XboxType' then something about 'Xenon_...' if I remember correctly. Then towards the end of the command line they had the PS3 commands for the move/button.

Just figure this might help with the programing of the virtual controller some.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast