Skaarj

Map - Deathmatch (PC) DM-ProTourney4[Pics][beta2][UPDATE!Feb 1-Download]

1. Name: DM-ProTourney4
    2. Version: beta2
    3. Compatibility: UT3 1.3 PC
    4. Description: Quake3 map rebuild.Original level by id software.Original level has the name pro-q3tourney4
    5. Comments: I've tried to make a nice playable map,however I have to learn a few things about lightning.This is just may first map,so I had some difficulties. Hope you like it,and sorry for my poor English.
    6. Screenshots:

======================================
    Changes in ProTourney4 beta2:

- More blockingvolumes added to improve gameplay and optimize collision.( Thx Crayfish )

- Default UTteleporter has been removed from the middle room because it made the level very jerky.( THX again Cray )

- More optimized with detail modes: More unnecessary staticmeshes ( which were only visuals and don't needed for gameplay ),has moved to high detail,to improve fps on lower configurations as well.

- staticmeshes added above the megahealth to the window to get the illusion of sunlight crosses through it.(High detail)

- Fogsheet added in the middle room to feel the level more atmospheric when you are looking down from above.(High detail)

- Unnecessary lightning removed,to optimize a little more,but the level has still too much lightning I think.

- Remove surface material applied instead of default checker to the back side of bsp surfaces(which are not visible for the player),so the engine won't render these unnecessarily.( THX the advice Cray )

- Air control of UTJumpads changed a little.

- Link gun replaced with Stinger minigun.

- Post process blur is lighter a very little.Use default in the game if you feel the shadows,and blur are too strong.

- Player could stuck in front of the middle room's door near the wall.Blockingvolume added.

- Wrong directed Playerstart in the right corner under the shock rifle,player was facing with the wall after spawning.Rotated/fixed.

- Smoke effects added to improve more the visuals.(High detail)

Download link:

http://files.filefront.com/PT4+beta2.../fileinfo.html

If you see bugs,or have some advices don't hesitate to write me.

Thanks,

cod-x
    Last edited by cod-x; 02-01-2009 at 09:19 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

download link?...

just read [pics]
    Last edited by Starfox444; 05-15-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: woops
    'For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it.
    —President George W. Bush, Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KickedWhoCares

Yeah looks pretty damn good to me

Skaarj

I'll give download link in a few days.Sorry.I have some problems now and try to solve them.
    While I'm moving my mouse some staticmeshes are disappearing for a few seconds,and then they appear again,and I don't know why.I try to fix this problem currently

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tactical Burst

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
    I was going to see, awesome it reminds me the Quake 3 map style, until I read it was a Quake 3 remake X_x loll.

Great job man!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PC: |)3tox

Looking good!!!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: virax (PC)

Looks very nice, can't wait to play this.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This map was tons of fun in Q3A. Glad to see it remade.
    DM-Protean [alpha 2: 1/22/09]

MSgt. Shooter Person

So.. what about this one??

Banned

One month later, and still no DL Link...

-EJon

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by EpicJon View Post
    One month later, and still no DL Link...

-EJon
    Ej is right we need it.

watch out: replace ur glue wit lava or Djpossee makes it his map with Radiaactiv Lightin.
    DM-1on1-Instinct-Q3T5
    Xtended quake3 Map.

DM-1on1-Spliff
    ReMIX of DM-1on1-Trite from UT2k4.

DM-Freezem
    coooool Shock Rifle Fun/AIM map.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Crayfis

I hope the author is ok and there is a possibility of this still being released. A classic map and looks great in UT3 industrail style. Fingers crossed..

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDemonSlick

cod-x......last activity 5-22-08..... He might come back, but it has been almost three months. Come back cod-x!!!
    Server Admins and PS3 hosts... Your machines are crying out for JUSTICE!!! http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=683493
    The Demon Slick went BOOM!
    http://www.freewebs.com/boomshouse/
    The Skaarj Return! Thanks to EE. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=680443

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Some talanted mappers have posted in here, possibly someone might offer some help on this if the author is unable to spare the time atm?
    This would be a great addition for the UT3 Duel community.

The recent Quakecon 2008 1v1 final was decided on this map. Video here:
    http://www.quakeunity.com/file=2753
    Looking at how this is played, this map was just made for prediction shock-combos over those ledges and in front of those doorways..

*Fingers crossed. Cray.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDemonSlick

Crayfish, you can pm him or he has an email adress at his profile, maybe you could tell him that, I'm sure he would love to hear it, wether he finishes the map or not.
    Server Admins and PS3 hosts... Your machines are crying out for JUSTICE!!! http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=683493
    The Demon Slick went BOOM!
    http://www.freewebs.com/boomshouse/
    The Skaarj Return! Thanks to EE. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=680443

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I really want this. :[

MSgt. Shooter Person

looks good. i'm not really a fan of that particular map but it looks way better than most q3a->UT3 conversions so far so i guess i'll give it a shot once we get a link
    Damn you, quantum physics!

Visit my Portfolio

MSgt. Shooter Person

looks very good!
    "If the road is easy, the destination is worthless"
    "Equivalent exchange, to gain something, you have to lose something of equal value"-

Skaarj

Hello folks,sorry but I've been sick for long month and forced into bed.I still not feel so well and sometimes I fall back.I'm in contact with Crayfish now and maybe there will be a release of this map.If I won't be able to finish I'll share the map with Crayfish if he agree.In last case I'll upload the unfinished map somewhere,and somebody will finish and fix it.Just put my name somewhere,maybe this will be my last work.And again sorry for my poor English.
    Last edited by cod-x; 01-20-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Skaarj

I've checked the map again,but I found some problems.It seems if you are moving closer to the teleport in the middle room,some laggy thing starts.It's very tiresome but I have no idea.Some missing geometry I've found as well and I try to fix this.I think I'll need some help to fix these.Anyway I'll upload a beta1 ver. maybe you will have a few ideas.

Skaarj

1. Name: DM-ProTourney4
    2. Version: beta2
    3. Compatibility: UT3 1.3 PC
    4. Description: Quake3 map rebuild.Original level by id software.Original level has the name pro-q3tourney4
    5. Comments: I've tried to make a nice playable map,however I have to learn a few things about lightning.This is just my first map,so I had some difficulties. Hope you like it,and sorry for my poor English.
    6. Screenshots:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Changes in ProTourney4 beta2:

- More blockingvolumes added to improve gameplay and optimize collision.( Thx Crayfish )

- Default UTteleporter has been removed from the middle room because it made the level very jerky.( THX again Cray )

- More optimized with detail modes: More unnecessary staticmeshes ( which were only visuals and don't needed for gameplay ),has moved to high detail,to improve fps on lower configurations as well.

- staticmeshes added above the megahealth to the window to get the illusion of sunlight crosses through it.(High detail)

- Fogsheet added in the middle room to feel the level more atmospheric when you are looking down from above.(High detail)

- Unnecessary lightning removed,to optimize a little more,but the level has still too much lightning I think.

- Remove surface material applied instead of default checker to the back side of bsp surfaces(which are not visible for the player),so the engine won't render these unnecessarily.( THX the advice Cray )

- Air control of UTJumpads changed a little.

- Link gun replaced with Stinger minigun.

- Post process blur is lighter a very little.Use default in the game if you feel the shadows,and blur are too strong.

- Player could stuck in front of the middle room's door near the wall.Blockingvolume added.

- Wrong directed Playerstart in the right corner under the shock rifle,player was facing with the wall after spawning.Rotated/fixed.

- Smoke effects added to improve more the visuals.(High detail)

========
    Credits:
    ========
    -Epic
    -Crayfish
    -My lovely girlfriend

Download link:

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Tourne.../fileinfo.html

or

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?myqnm4n3d5y

If you see bugs,or have some advices don't hesitate to write me.

Thanks,

cod-x
    Last edited by cod-x; 05-21-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Thumbs up

Great stuff cod, this is a really beautifuly put together level, with fantastic meshwork and lighting. Really pro stuff. Great to have you back.
    Crayfish.

Skaarj

My friend..Without your help and reassurement this map would be just half-made.Thanks for the help.Good feelin' to work with you in this community.you're on of those mappers who can inspirate the others very much,with just a few words.And after they get the insp.they just check one of your maps,and they're running into the editor,to create something.I just know,this map was born so..
    Last edited by cod-x; 02-03-2009 at 03:18 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Planet Andromeda, planning your annihilation

Very, very nice looking map! I wish I could download it, but the link you provided automatically reroutes me to the FileFront homepage rather than the download. I'm not sure if that is temporary, or if this has something to do with user accounts, but regardless, I can't access the download. I did several searches but found nothing.

BTW, another name for the original map this is based on is "The Dreadwerks", or something like that.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Go FileFront, randomly deleting people's files again... I want to download this so badly. :0

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I've re-uploaded here:

http://files.filefront.com/PT4+beta2.../fileinfo.html

The filefront thing is pretty annoying. First time some of my files had been stagnent I got an e-mail askingme if I wanted to keep the files hosted. Now it seems files simply dissapear after a period..

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Damn, only just now saw your post Crayfish, and the file is gone again. :[

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Filefront really annoys me when it just delets files with warning like that, ill re-upload tomorow eitherway..

MSgt. Shooter Person

Haha, thank you.

Can someone upload it to another host (eg. rapidshare, filefront), because it seems that FF is deleting this map all the time :|.

Redeemer

Cool

OK, so this is another beta version of the original Q3Tourney4 map remade for UT3 and this one is a beta2. It's another industrial theme with a decent skybox and surroundings, good music, steam, slime, no doors to center, and WTF is that rotating purple thing! ....oh, teleporter, scared me for a second. The gameplay is good and the bot is good. This is probably the best of the three beta versions.