Thread: Gears 2 pics

Banned

No these are new, just saw them on GS. Pics of the campaign we saw in that teaser last week.

Redeemer

I wonder if the Locusts will ever paint pictures of berserkers in provocative poses on the corpsers and brumaks. I mean, the COG have a pin up on the Derrick in the first picture, so why shouldn't the Locust have them?

By the way, nice find.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Green View Post
    I wonder if the Locusts will ever paint pictures of berserkers in provocative poses on the corpsers and brumaks. I mean, the COG have a pin up on the Derrick in the first picture, so why shouldn't the Locust have them?

By the way, nice find.
    Lol yeah i noticed that too (bit hard not too)
    ~I am the soda warrior~

God King

I say we list all the different words for red we can think of until we guess the name of the Carmine clone in that shot...

The blood effects look more believable, like some of the early shots of Gears 1.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Boomshot

The Derrick looks a lot like an Elephant from Halo 3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yup it does with a little gears in it.. To bad Halo 3 su... is bad. lol
    :My new ac is Invisible Vi

Quote Originally Posted by AirKill View Post
    Too bad Halo 3 su... is bad. lol
    lol just go ahead and say it - what everyone who knows what a quality fps is thinking...
    "Mmmm... giblets." - Akasha

MSgt. Shooter Person

well either this is in the past and carmine is still alive, or that helmet is standard issue for the COG gears.
    Someone Make me A Sig plz.

The game doesn't seem to be as much of an improvement in the graphics as the first game was. Well at least when you compare it to the pc version.
    http://imagecloset.com/12/cbd17ee3fa...3-57-54-53.jpg
    Last edited by stjuart; 05-14-2008 at 03:33 AM.

God King

Well it is on the same hardware...
    Gears was an entire generation up from previous Unreal engine games, Gears 2 is just a slight upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by OakCoast View Post
    well either this is in the past and carmine is still alive, or that helmet is standard issue for the COG gears.
    Didn't you notice the, like 500 generic Carmine-looking COG throughout Gears 1? It's the generic COG "Redshirt" look.

EDIT: I was wrong, it is Carmine, once again. Didn't see that coming.
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 05-14-2008 at 07:16 AM.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by natureboystyle05 View Post
    lol just go ahead and say it - what everyone who knows what a quality fps is thinking...
    GRAHAHSHSAHHSRHHRAHHR!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BASH IT! YOU CAN JUST BE HAPPY PLAYING ONE OR THE OTHER OR BOTH!

Jesus chroist....

Anyway, those screenshots look simply amazing. The texture detail is particularly great. Although it does look a bit like an elephant (in that it's a troop carrier with a large deck a large tracks), it is much bigger, and actually has an interior (the elephant has no doors).

Also, these high density crowds offer up some new (if probably lag filled) multiplayer opportunities, don't you think?

Veteran

Nice pics. It really is true when people say that the difference between concept arts and in-game screens won't be noticable in the years to come.

-Marth
    ~*{M}ellon{C}ollie{A}nd{T}he{I}nfinite{S}adness*~

~*{S}ir {P}sycho {S}exy*~

I'm not really fond of the team-name 'Chainsawdomizers'. The current name partially implies that I like to f*** guys in the a**, which I'd rather avoid.-Shadow Dancer

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by gatlin View Post
    wow i like these pictures.....
    plz send more pictures......
    i like the psp games and psp videos...
    and i have a great collection of psp games and psp videos...
    you can download them as me.....
    So many parts of that post don't make sense, i believe that you find bliss in ignorance and the less i hear the less you should say, please don't post anything anyway.

Gears of war

Everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge,
    and im abou to take cover,
    i need a little room to take cover, casue i'm one step closer to the edge.

ok, back on track.
    I hope we get some shots of Dizzy in that level
    ~I am the soda warrior~

God King

He's making bs posts to hock his psp stuff, that's all it is.

Redeemer

I guess those trucks look like Elephants a little. I played Halo alot yesterday. I have no Idea why.
    ITSTHEWAVE.NET