Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

you shouldadd custom locust tickers instead of wretches are insanely gooooood (or totaly mix them up!) . Variety FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomshot

Agree, add GOW 2 and 3 models in, make some Epic battle....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spartan 18877

Quote Originally Posted by bmbr1990 View Post
    you shouldadd custom locust tickers instead of wretches are insanely gooooood (or totaly mix them up!) . Variety FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    Agree, add GOW 2 and 3 models in, make some Epic battle....
    Indeed, it would be great... to have avalaible tickers, maulers, grinders... but i don┤t know how to do it. Even if i have the models to import it to the unreal editor, how can i design the IA?.
    [bSP Maps- The Fallout Campaign (Chapters 1& 2released,Level 3 & 4 in WIP)
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=611861

EPIC, WE WANT GOW 2 FOR PC

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul24 View Post
    Indeed, it would be great... to have avalaible tickers, maulers, grinders... but i don┤t know how to do it. Even if i have the models to import it to the unreal editor, how can i design the IA?.
    I think Mr. bmbr1990 added some in his mod
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/hive-mode
    Open kismet, and copy paste son
    Last edited by XxXbObXxX; 04-21-2012 at 08:42 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I doubt bmbr1990 would "donate" their custom locust pack... if he do it it can be added for sure. Anyway i will never will popy- paste any content without their designer ok.

Perhaps if some users ask him for i use the models for the campaign he will think about it.

bmbr1990, what you say about it? At last you can tell how to do it (i Own all the titles for xbox if it help) you can PM if you want. Now i will go out for a while, in a few hours i will come back.

Yes, you can use models, because they aren't mine (so i haven't got permission to decide who can use it or not), you can also use my kismet source, I'm not greedy when it comes to share with my source, you can edit and improve if you can .
    But haven't done mauler he can walk but won't attack you :/.

PS. Hope you find AI Kismet Source , if not ask me

PPS. Of course you have to edit AI because its design for my mod so you have to change some vars (i use tons of named variable so first find those variables then start edit something), of course some of those locust have loops (they are checking distance beetwen locust and player with two wingmans) so watch out to slow them to avoid fps drops

You can see older version of customs at this movie (if you could see something its still to dark)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yes, you can use models, because they aren't mine (so i haven't got permission to decide who can use it or not), you can also use my kismet source, I'm not greedy when it comes to share with my source, you can edit and improve if you can .
    But haven't done mauler he can walk but won't attack you :/.

PS. Hope you find AI Kismet Source , if not ask me

PPS. Of course you have to edit AI because its design for my mod so you have to change some vars (i use tons of named variable so first find those variables then start edit something), of course some of those locust have loops (they are checking distance beetwen locust and player with two wingmans) so watch out to slow them to avoid fps drops

You can see older version of customs at this movie (if you could see something its still to dark)

Ok, many thanks!! I'm downloading the locust pack 01, that includes the assets. The AI i suppose to be in hive.war, i will see . Man!! those UI are impressive!! i have to analyze them and learn how it works, so i can finally can do the menu for my campaign (Select chapter, and others...). Right now the only thing i have are "Look At" text in Screen and have not found any tut about UI...

Looking to other things, i have a Gow 2 weapon assets, and i will try to include it in the game (Maybe hammerburst 2.0 (=P) )...
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 04-25-2012 at 07:47 AM.

no all level kismet (player spawn, AI COG & Locust, and events) is in HM_Security.war which is in Map v0.2 download section

Here is best ui tutorial i ever encounter

ps let off ith weapons... this nasty things aren't very good to work with (you won't make a fully working weapon without tons of kismet(and way like pawns possession don't exist)).

anyone knows where i can download the mod?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawin View Post
    anyone knows where i can download the mod?

I will reupload it soon

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I have just reupload the stages from 1 to 3. Chapters 1 & 2 must work properly, but as was testing some things, the third probably dont work well. It has to work and finish when you reach the base floor level, without foes ready yet.

REUPLOADED 06/05/2012
    ONLY ONE LINK FOR ALL THE CAMPAIGN

http://www.mediafire.com/?4eqt7xg4iehlrrv

Boomshot

Hope future upload can be gamefront and moddb..thx man...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hope future upload can be gamefront and moddb..thx man...
    No problem. This has been only a ast upload, i have to test and implement a lot for a new real release.

i don't know why but it crashes after few seconds when starting sp_fallout01 cinematics works good but levels crashes my Gears :/
    if you've uploaded cooked maps pls upload uncooked too

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

i don't know why but it crashes after few seconds when starting sp_fallout01 cinematics works good but levels crashes my Gears :/
    if you've uploaded cooked maps pls upload uncooked too
    Its my fault, i dont rebuild all levels, i thought they where builded before. I will rebuild all the maps, cooked and uncooked versions and re upload them today in a few hours.

Anyway, its possible some parts don't work because testing even testing i don't remember, because its a long time from the last edit, so if something don't works, please feedback.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

All maps rebuild (chapter 1 has a little modifications about lighting, shadows and ambient, still in progress), tested and launched from the console game. No Lowframe detected or mayor bugs... I have a hd 6870 + x4 3.1Ghz + 6 G RAM. If low Frame, try it with lower settings. Uncooked version, in next upload i will release both.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e5hfgbrfhbegp3c

I will try gamefront or moddb entry...
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 05-08-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Boomshot

Great!, actually care about optimiazation most, i'm sure bmbr1990 grasp this, his Torment is a good example..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Great!, actually care about optimiazation most, i'm sure bmbr1990 grasp this, his Torment is a good example..
    I think i dont understand it well... more optimization?. i run it at a very good frame rate! the minimun i get in chapter 1, 2 & 3 are about 30-35 with fraps running (it mark 5 fps less that without it ) and the most time about 45-60 fps... i dont believe it needs more optimization (in xbox gears run like 25-30 fps more or less...).

I will update some IA, ligths and ambient, but except some issue in a certain point that somebody reports real low frame i have not enought resources (mainly enougth time) to review all the campaign and get it running at 60 fps... And i havent read a single post that tells WHERE happens a low frame rate.

Now i try to build a UI with chapter selector and more, and my own logo for the campaign, LOL.

Anyway thanks for your support, Darksin.

Boomshot

I still remember run your new map, very low frame rate shocked me, lol..i think it's a big problem to old PC, but to high end PC, it's not a big problem,
    so forget it, and do what you want man..4 years passed, GOW still goes on ..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

First try to build main screen UI design...
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 05-10-2012 at 03:41 AM.

you know, if you use custom textures you should take care about resolution, best for gears i think is 2048x2048 (didn't met higher in editor)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

you know, if you use custom textures you should take care about resolution, best for gears i think is 2048x2048 (didn't met higher in editor)
    You mean about the UI texture elements size, don't? Ok, Thanks for the advise! . This is only a design test, to import and try. I will resize it.

One question, about the custom locust and weapons upk's , to use them in the editor, i try to put in the same place the unpublished maps in editor, but the packages dont appear in the generic browser... i miss some step?... i only create custom materials yet...
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 05-10-2012 at 04:57 AM.

i meant every texture ui character static mesh and other textures
    if you have problems try to load first packages and then map and save map and if you want to check if it's working, restart editor and open your map

PS. I don't know why but sp_fallout01 crashes after first scene (when camera looks at car) checking other maps
    i can open that map in editor, i'll try to rebuild this
    and one question you have set dx10? maybe because of that map can crash

in my opinion maps for such campaign are little to big. you should do something like epic done - lots of levelstreaming and kismet on other map instaces and map that streams them on one map

Found, for me quite big, Error on sp_fallout02Main. You used some localized pacage for locust and dom (human_dom_chatter_esn) you should use normal package (human_dom_chatter) cause somebody can have no sound at moments when you used this package.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

if you have problems try to load first packages and then map and save map and if you want to check if it's working, restart editor and open your map
    Be gentle with me, the mosdt i have dont its create materials and custom sounds. I will care about the texture resolution when i try the UI. About the other thing, i want to use the custom locust and weapons content, i have your upks (and other) and other files without extension, in a directory called HM_Locust... and i dont know what to do to import them... i have a custom package, fallout.upk, i create it and is in the same place that the maps, but i put your directory on it and the editor dont show the packages. What i have to do to load them

PS. I don't know why but sp_fallout01 crashes after first scene (when camera looks at car) checking other maps
    i reupload the maps a second time, because someone tells it crashes... you have try the actual link?

Game crash or minimize? in a moment my game dissapear and i thougth it crashes but by any reason it minimize to the gears icon (it happens me with windows 7). I have try the map yesterday and it runs without problems... this is a uncooked version, i will cook one and upload it to test if the problem keep on it.

in my opinion maps for such campaign are little to big. you should do something like epic done - lots of levelstreaming and kismet on other map instaces and map that streams them on one map
    The first map was my first, so i only use one level. The second and others use some levels and files, i noticed the size of the files may be a problem after done the first. Anyway, except the crash problem that happens it work fluid on my pc at last... If i can, i will use at last 2 levels and refurbish all the map...
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 05-10-2012 at 05:45 AM.

in editor map ork fine, i'm using dx9 in game and if you used dx10 and build on this map, that can cause crashes i'll rebuilded and trying to run in gears now

Be gentle with me, the mosdt i have dont its create materials and custom sounds. I will care about the texture resolution when i try the UI. About the other thing, i want to use the custom locust and weapons content, i have your upks (and other) and other files without extension, in a directory called HM_Locust... and i dont know what to do to import them... i have a custom package, fallout.upk, i create it and is in the same place that the maps, but i put your directory on it and the editor dont show the packages. What i have to do to load them
    in generic browser you have file section above tabs and there is open and find package you want to open
    don't put hm_locust in CustomMaps\HM_Locust you shoud put it in custommaps

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

in editor map ork fine, i'm using dx9 in game and if you used dx10 and build on this map, that can cause crashes i'll rebuilded and trying to run in gears now
    This can be true... thanks!! tell if it works! (iḿ in job now, so i cant test it right now () )

This can be true... thanks!! tell if it works! (iḿ in job now, so i cant test it right now () )
    this can last quite long cause i'm rebuilding fallout02main and its not a short thing for me xd

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Dont worry, i just get upset about it dont work and i need to know if is for that. I think i must rebuild all with DX9 on settings and do a uncooked and cooked version and reupload... I will do it this evening (in a few hours)

WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but in editor works fine ..... that's strange, it crashes when camera is attached to wretch(or is simulating wretch) and its coming to player

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Dont worry, i just get upset about it dont work and i need to know if is for that. I think i must rebuild all with DX9 on settings and do a uncooked and cooked version and reupload... I will do it this evening (in a few hours). Does the game settings like resolution affect the map? wich i should use?

And i will try to put the UPKs in customcontent not in a directory inside customcontent, i hope it works!. that file includes the IA of the models, right?

dont worry for tha crash, i use it ingame and works... when i reupload it has to go weel

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

AI you mean. its on HM_Security map you'll find it fast i think
    I refer to AI, yes... You control anims and behaviour (about how to move, shoot, etc) of the custom locust by the kismet? i thought it comes with the animsets in upk's and has to be selected on AItype in the AI factory, like a regular drone, theron...

no, no its only kismet. if only animset has to controll this it wouldn't be so easy to design AI (but look at this from this point why you can add normal drone so easy, cause people from epic has written Unreal Script for them, but we haven't got access to US so we have to do it in kismet). You'll see on map kismet how it works.

BTW. I made your map working in-game. I removed some sound from matine from level start (probably again localized sound) and it works fine.
    You should search your maps and look if you used more localized sounds, taht may casue crashes

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

no, no its only kismet. if only animset has to controll this it wouldn't be so easy to design AI (but look at this from this point why you can add normal drone so easy, cause people from epic has written Unreal Script for them, but we haven't got access to US so we have to do it in kismet). You'll see on map kismet how it works.

BTW. I made your map working in-game. I removed some sound from matine from level start (probably again localized sound) and it works fine.
    You should search your maps and look if you used more localized sounds, taht may casue crashes
    what you mean with localized? traslated sounds? i usually use .cue and the game should use the right localized sound... dont? . in first matinee only use wretch groans and 2 sound for marcus and Dome... but them where .cue, not the sound itself... maybe i selected the sound in spanish and not the cue... i will look for that. Thanks man!!!

I will dowload HM_security and look for the AI system you use... i hope i undestand it... i still dont imagine how it works....

yes translated
    i hope you will understand it cause i didn't took care about, how would i call it... yes readability of kismet its quite big kismet (about 2000 nodes and sequences, so far ) I can tell you AI you'll find under GOWSh*tboxLocust or something

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

yes translated
    i hope you will understand it cause i didn't took care about, how would i call it... yes readability of kismet its quite big kismet (about 2000 nodes and sequences, so far ) I can tell you AI you'll find under GOWSh*tboxLocust or something
    ****!, it has to be a really big kismet!!. I will look for the GOWSh*tboxLocust group... maybe you use matinee to use a animation for the pawns? like this:

AIFactory spawn
    Event: takedamege ----> play matinee with an animset asigned to pawn

or something like this...

I used a sort of that in chapter 4 (not published yet) in wich i spawn a brumak, and has to asign an animation for his dead. What i can't imagine is how it can work for multiple pawns... do that one by one? makes my hair stand on end thinking it...

no i explain you on that how i made ticker to work
    1. Remote event-> spawn ai wretch -> spawn archetype ticker-> Ticker possesses wretch ai so it can go it's own way
    2. attach to ticker evet that would count money (for my mod) and every things i should connect to other nodes
    3. create custom sequence whitch would check distance beetwen player & wingmas and Ticker if distance is lower than 200 units -> ticker plays anim and its grenade air burst is spawned and played sound of boomshot hit and after these things (which are played in same time) i make radial damage so you can be killed by ticker (instantly )

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

no i explain you on that how i made ticker to work
    1. Remote event-> spawn ai wretch -> spawn archetype ticker-> Ticker possesses wretch ai so it can go it's own way
    2. attach to ticker evet that would count money (for my mod) and every things i should connect to other nodes
    3. create custom sequence whitch would check distance beetwen player & wingmas and Ticker if distance is lower than 200 units -> ticker plays anim and its grenade air burst is spawned and played sound of boomshot hit and after these things (which are played in same time) i make radial damage so you can be killed by ticker (instantly )
    so you spawn a wretch, and a archetype ticker and posses the AI Wretch spawned... and the ticker use its own animations to move, emulate ticker behavior with the distnace chek sequence , and emulate the explosion with a sound + radial damage attached to the wretch archetype... impressive. Indeed you have used a destroyed event atched to the explosion sequence to simulate player shoot it and it explode too!!.

This should work for custom locust drones explode when are destroyed the same way (even using a particle system with emulsion + exlosion + radial damage )!!

Ummm i start to understand it...

And this script works for all the AI spawned and possesed or has to be done for each one by one?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast