Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Palace Guard

Damn Naz, I really hate how this never got finished, I was loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spartan 18877

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    Damn Naz, I really hate how this never got finished, I was loving it.
    Thanks! i thought nobody remebers this. Months ago i have try to return to work, but I'm rusty with the editor, some games to play, and think it has no interest for nobody but me, it gaves me lazy. Since I have the 3 gears I've become a cheer, and I will try to resume it. I'm getting married in November and I move, so you can imagine that I will not have much time, but I'm definitely going to continue with the project. Better late than never, i think. Right now i┤m reinstalling the game, i hope it will work for windows 7...

It could have been stopped but not dead. Again thanks for your support!!
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 10-09-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    [bSP Maps- The Fallout Campaign (Chapters 1& 2released,Level 3 & 4 in WIP)
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=611861

EPIC, WE WANT GOW 2 FOR PC

Palace Guard

You rule!!!
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Boomshot

Ah, Good to Naz is back, i hope you already solved the frame rate too low problems,....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    Ah, Good to Naz is back, i hope you already solved the frame rate too low problems,....
    Have you tried it with lower settings? in medium level i remeber they work good for me in a no too powerfull pc. Indeed my maps are not so optimized as Epic ones... When I started them i have nothing about streaming of levels and other tips, and i cant redo all again from zero!. Anyway i have to re-learn some skills and read the Epic unreal editor Guides, so if i found any thing i can do to make the work smoothly , be sure i will try to use it.

I will try first to finish the campaign (The last level, and link'em all), then optimize it (fix enemy, music, ambient, cinematics), and maybe, only maybe, do an extra level. All depends on the free time i could steel to my wife (yeah! i get married!) and the Gears 3.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I have just make the editor run on Windows 7... i cost me a lot install the game ... I will try to remember "how to" and start to work aqain with it, at last to finish the chapters 3 and 4 and put all together. If i knew how to make an UI to make screens... .I cant promise nothing but iĺl try to finish this finally. I hope "the hand knows the way" because iḿ rusty with the editor now. I hope someone wants to play it yet.

Boomshot

Good luck, maybe other mappers can help? like theron.....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I have the two volumes of Materinhg Unreal Thecnology, i only need some time to review that and the maps.

Palace Guard

Oh snap, Naz has returned! Haha, I'm glad I still have gears on my old comp, I'll be sure to make some time for it if ya go through with this!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

You should finish the projects you are working on now.
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

MSgt. Shooter Person

After all these years, marrige (And we all know how women can be ),you try to finnish knowing that few care...

You are... a man of honor, you gave your word and you try to fufill it despite the odds, that is truly commendable.

Good to know that when you posted you would finnish it was not empty words in an empty post and did not turn your back on us.

Better late than never.

We shall see what the future holds.
    Last edited by XxXbObXxX; 02-02-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Boomshot

Only need to optimize frame rate, i think if ask some other mappers like theron, maybe he can solve the problems.......

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I'm moving to my new home, and i have less time than never... I have not even internet right now, but give up its not a chance. I'm too stubborn for that... I will keep working. (=))

I have been shocked with the xbox video... cause of divorce indeed... even assault with injury... must be a fake...

If over the base of the present chapters anyone can give any advise to optimize framerate, it will be wellcome, indeed. But my priority its to finish the 3rd and 4rth chapters... If i can i will love to do an intro/extro for the campaign and a little menu to select each mission, but i havent enougth skill with UI to make it . Any help with it will be great too.

Now i'm debugging the WIP maps from warnings/errors, to work from a clean base and adding some little parts/covers/foes on the WIP maps, to recover the practice.

Boomshot

Good to see u r back man, if theron can hlep, all his maps are perfectly made...flawless...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

If he or other one want to open/edit the map to see if they found any problem or sugestion, and feedback it to me so i an edit the oficial WIP version, i'll be happy. Anyway i will try to "betatest" myself in order to see where it decrease the rate. It happens in any place/moment, in one circunstance...? it will help a lot, because in my old pc i don't remember this problem happens...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul24 View Post
    If he or other one want to open/edit the map to see if they found any problem or sugestion, and feedback it to me so i an edit the oficial WIP version, i'll be happy. Anyway i will try to "betatest" myself in order to see where it decrease the rate. It happens in any place/moment, in one circunstance...? it will help a lot, because in my old pc i don't remember this problem happens...
    There is something you could try, cooking (publishing) the maps. It should be easy enough, unless you are using custom content, custom content complicates things with this buggy editor when cooking...
    Last edited by XxXbObXxX; 04-09-2012 at 06:15 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I use custom content like sound / materials etc.... . I think it can be done anyway by copy the new package into the right directory.

Boomshot

JUGGER's beast mod Warmachine has a big huge frame drate drop, still don't know why ...

Palace Guard

Well, that was before I found out how to make weapons disappear after a few seconds, hahaha.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    Well, that was before I found out how to make weapons disappear after a few seconds, hahaha.
    Perhaps its a thing to do in my maps... please tell me how you do it (and any other optimization method you use in it), Juggernut. I have a good idea for a short moment in my next chapter, but i need to change the active camera ingame, but don't cut the game flow like in a look at (player must move, shot, etc as regular play). Any idea how can it be done?

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-nice-freebie!
    here is JUGGERNUT's "weapon cleaner"
    Look at sequence doesn't have to cut game flow, i use it for debugging and it only show strings on screen Example : http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post30294029 Already with kismet source & effect.
    But if You want to change camera actor (want to look at player from other angle, ex: from near balcony) without cutting game flow, i'm affraid it's impossible through kismet

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks! Where it has to be done, in the AI factory properties?. About the camera, i refer the camera type, the POV of the player... i want to make a little FPS stage.. i dont wnt to reveal more, to keep the surprise...

What i want is a dynamic change from 3rth person to first person and roll back to the default pov but not for a matinee. Iǘe found this: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Camer...erson%20Camera

but i dont know where to put it...
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 04-17-2012 at 05:49 AM.

yes done it but it's great problem.... it disables turning so keys WSAD won't work properly, you cannot change Vertical angle of camera, but looks great

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bmbr1990 View Post
    i've almost made it so i write you tutorial how to do 1st person camera
    It will be great!!. What i have seen is something like create a new class in the config of the editor to be used instead of the default one, but it seems to overwritw the main function of the complete editor, and what i want is to switch (via event if its posible or by selecting the type of camera in the begin of a level, it could work for me).

So before i start to rite what you have to do to make 1st person camera i have to warn you about bugs that makes this way senseless
    1. You have to sacrifice much time to adjust camera at front of face ( i made it in 30 minutes but it's still sh*t)
    2. You cannot use covers because marcus try to get best position and he's jumping from left to right pose iand back to left and right till power off or game quits or player quits cover
    3. Player Aims at left so if you watch at front of pawn and try aiming, camera turns 90 degrees left :/
    It's fixable but have no time to fix this ( i think its too much work)

So What You have to do:
    1 place camera actor somewhere on level
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    2 Change it properties(tick of NoDelete)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    3 Create Kismet
    4 effect

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Many thanks!!!!

Maybe if the camera is attached to another bone, or if a invisible non collide mesh is attached to player and the camera is attached to it , a little over the pawn head to avoid the rotation of the camera it will do the trick. Anyway probably i will do not add cover to that stage...

I will try.

I think it will solve another thing i wanted, to atach a torch on the pawn. I want to build a little dark terror atmosphere in FP...

Boomshot

NO, it's not weapon drop, but some other reasons, there's weapon drop in other mod but no frame rate big drop...

but beast mod low frame rate from beginning, just like Nazi's maps...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

In not too much i will upload an updated version again (not with many changes from last one), i will upload cooked and uncooked versions. From here, then you must tell in wich moment or wich map give you a low frame rate. And please tell here or PM me with your pc config. I will try to get it frozen in my pc to fix the thing.

I dont remember a low frame rate , so you must to be very exactly where and when it haqppens if you want i try to debug it.
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 04-18-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

NO, it's not weapon drop, but some other reasons, there's weapon drop in other mod but no frame rate big drop...

but beast mod low frame rate from beginning, just like Nazi's maps...
    If I remember with Beast Mode, there was a hell of alot pawns spawning at one time but it's been a while since I've looked at all that. But yeah that project was far from finished so there were quite a bit of bugs and such, I think all the COGs spawning at once and going guns blazing is the result of the drop in framerate.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLocust View Post
    If I remember with Beast Mode, there was a hell of alot pawns spawning at one time but it's been a while since I've looked at all that. But yeah that project was far from finished so there were quite a bit of bugs and such, I think all the COGs spawning at once and going guns blazing is the result of the drop in framerate.
    May help if we talk about this maps, you know... have you try to play it? you have low frame rate?
    Last edited by Nazgul24; 04-18-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Boomshot

Exclamation

There' re many spawn in Bob's Horde map, but no big drop as well, maybe beast mod continue spawn cause that problem?..

also bmbr1990's Horde Torment low frame in some version, but he optimized , so more frame rate in later version,

maybe bmbr1990 can tell how to optimize maps...You can PM him...

main problem on torment weas that i've put hell number of BSP Brushes (robably more than 700) mixed with directional light and 50 point lights gives uslow number of FPS (that my thougths, may not compare to real reason of low fps ) I lowered BSP to 100 and map got a kick into it's fps number

if you use some kismet sequence that checks if player has to do something and it repeats till player haven't done it, you have to give some delay, that causes fps drop due to script infinite repetition.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bmbr1990 View Post
    main problem on torment weas that i've put hell number of BSP Brushes (robably more than 700) mixed with directional light and 50 point lights gives uslow number of FPS (that my thougths, may not compare to real reason of low fps ) I lowered BSP to 100 and map got a kick into it's fps number

if you use some kismet sequence that checks if player has to do something and it repeats till player haven't done it, you have to give some delay, that causes fps drop due to script infinite repetition.
    I dot think there is any loop on my kismet, but i have a lot of BSP as base of my levels, and specially the fallout 03 is a big map with 4 levels. But in my pc i dont get a low Frame rate.

Well, please tell if it happens in a level, event, always... if don i could not repair it.

have you uploaded? thats from your signatures topic?
    those links in first post seems to work no more (megaupload is closed... and filefront removed files)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Uppps i will upload it later, i dont knew they where offline, sorry.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

There' re many spawn in Bob's Horde map, but no big drop as well, maybe beast mod continue spawn cause that problem?..

also bmbr1990's Horde Torment low frame in some version, but he optimized , so more frame rate in later version,

maybe bmbr1990 can tell how to optimize maps...You can PM him...
    Ah yes, as far as I remember there wasn't any respawn delays set up so as soon as you killed a COG another would respawn instantly.

Boomshot

Good, respawn and BSP, maybe that's the problem....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Notorious Dem0n

Nazgul, I remember playing your level about a month ago and writting down what I did and didn't like about it on my iPhone so I can post them in the thread later, but sadly I can't find it now.

I rememeber loving the first combat encounter, even though it was a bit difficult and took so long till it was over. I liked the enemy variety in the encounter and the cover layout.

I recall You overused the wretches that they became so frustrating. Another thing was the factory encounter. I remeber it being one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good except for some difficulty spikes and pacing issues. I would say some combat parts needed to be cut.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Nazgul, I remember playing your level about a month ago and writting down what I did and didn't like about it on my iPhone so I can post them in the thread later, but sadly I can't find it now.

I rememeber loving the first combat encounter, even though it was a bit difficult and took so long till it was over. I liked the enemy variety in the encounter and the cover layout.

I recall You overused the wretches that they became so frustrating. Another thing was the factory encounter. I remeber it being one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good except for some difficulty spikes and pacing issues. I would say some combat parts needed to be cut.
    LOL i dont remember a overuse of wretches, but anyway i know the level its near insane in some parts... i┤m currently replaying it to balance a little the difficult level, and maybe to changue it a little bit. I was destroyed and humillate several times last weeks in the testing, so i can understand you well. Just wait to the brumak encounter...

Thanks for the feedback

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast