Iron Guard

Default Tips for beating godlike bots

I made a brief video showing and explaining some tips and tricks on how to beat godlike bots for all the people who find them difficult.

Get the idea that godlike bots are hard out of your heads now! They chase, they run for health when injured, and they jump more than they dodge. They are pretty accurate however.

With practice you'll be going 20-0 on your best map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RKQFL9afrM

Banned

Haven't bothered playing godlike bots since ut2003, back when I used them to practice by playing 1v3 tdm.

This could be very helpful for many new players though.

Hmm... I learned a lot, any other videos like this (with tips, tricks, general knowledge, and tactics) out there?
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Nightanim1.gif
    http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Tailsnakes.jpg
    I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name. - Lupe Fiasco

Redeemer

nice tips its logical i didnt know that bots go for the nearest health lolz....but i spose real life players would too aye...i dont play offline much anymore, i should tho
    UT3 Name : Death Storm369

Iron Guard

Well it's nothing that will really help you, but I made a demo of me playing Godlike bots on Morbias and easily beating them.

http://files.filefront.com/mobiasgod.../fileinfo.html
    Super Kewl | Proud member of {pdX}.tdm, and [Ci].ctf.

Banned

subscribed, and favorited, downloaded. nice video. welcome aboard!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great tutorial Paul Stiles...This makes my love for you even stronger and perhaps one day we can extend our love as far as the universe.But for now lets just keep it Turkey and Ham.

Iron Guard

Well seeing as how thar quick little video seems to be helping people out I may make more. If there was client side demo rec I could make even better videos. wink wink.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I noticed a few strategies, but a written one would be nice
    PSN ID: Eleven-Seven

Whats the point of doing what can't be done with style?

Banned

If you need help defeating Godlike bots, just send Lukec7 a friend invite. I charge reasonable rates to irradicate bot infestations and guarantee my work. Liscensed and Fully Bonded.

See ya.

I tried dueling a godlike bot after watching this and it was a complete joke, it wasn't even fun anymore. The only times it killed me were when it managed to sneak up on me and when it got the stinger.

Anyway, looks like I'm officially done facing bots.
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Nightanim1.gif
    http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Tailsnakes.jpg
    I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name. - Lupe Fiasco

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeathFrogg

I dont mean to laugh, but HA! only godlike.

I beat the top one in a duel by 3 points! Oh!
    Intel e6600 @ 2.66GHz, Galaxy 8800GT 512mb, Corsair 800mhz 4-4-4-12 2GB, Intel extreme serieis MTB,BenQ Monitor 19"
    We can only see around 30-40fps, BUT it is motion blur which allows us to process and recognize what we see above the specified fps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IceFrogg View Post
    I dont mean to laugh, but HA! only godlike.

I beat the top one in a duel by 3 points! Oh!
    not to burst your bubble, but Bebo, and most people from gameradius are in the top 1% of skill level in UT3. they don't play godlike bots for a challenge, it's obviously a tutorial to help newbies.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I used to get owned by ut2k4 godlike bots so i never tried ut3s godlike bots untill a few days ago. To my surprise i won quiet easily 3-9 without any help or tips.

But I have a few tips that might help others. If these have been mentioned already sorry!

My 1st tip is the most important one & will get you there fastest. The best and most obvious way to get good enough to beat godlike bots is, you need to start on a difficulty level you can sometimes win on and keep PRACTICING untill you can win everytime without hardly trying or concentrating (this is a sure sign your ready for the next difficulty) once you feel comfortable on this difficulty, whack the slider up another difficulty and start practicing again & continue to repeat this process untill you have reached your desired difficluty. Of course theres more to it than just that but your pickup the other stuff on the way. Like when turning up the difficulty your see how the bots act a little differently on each difficulty, which will help you learn how to adapt to them better & faster, rather than jumping straight into the deep end. A few other important tips imo are - Know the maps layouts well & locations of all pickups ect. Know when to run away and when to attack. Bots are somewhat predictable in regards to the paths they choose when going for guns/items so you can be one step ahead of them at times. If you are going to die, RUN AWAY and grab some health FFS!!. Learn how to use all guns equally, that is also VERY important. Always have a plan & dont stand around to long, learn how to navigate the maps so well you could run around them backwards and not hit any objects/get stuck ect. Get good at dodging non instant hit weapons like rockets/link guns primary fire ect ect..
    Nobody is going to beat godlike bots without putting in alot of practice time 1st but dont worry, in time it'll all come naturally.

These tips apply best to deathmatches.

edit: Just to elaborate a little on why imho navigating the maps backwards is also important and a few more tips. If your health is low or your out in the open being chased by a relentless bot, if you can navigate the map backwards you'll be able keep an eye on the bots position and where they are shooting at you while trying to dodge it all, shoot back & stay alive untill you have found some health, cover, got the kill or been killed. These are perfect times to start spamming whatever weapons you have.
    Spam shooting or blind firing weapons in the right place at the right time can also be another effective way of scoring a few kills but, if your going to do it, do it when you have a feeling there might something there cuz it could backfire & they could easily sneak up behind you.
    Which brings me to another tip, sound. Always keep a ear open for gun fire or bots picking up items as this can tell you exactly where they are giving you a huge advantage if either A) You want to launch an attack on them or B) Run in the opposite direction with ur tail between ya the legs.
    Also if at any point they start to run away from you this is a sign they probably have hardly any health or ammo which means, you need to finish them off quickly.
    Final tip for the mo- Logically the higher ground players should have an advantage.. but thats not always the case.

Ut veterans probably know all this stuff already. Newbies might find something useful in there tho.

PS:I have not watched the vid just thought id throw in a few tips.
    Last edited by AdZ; 04-23-2008 at 06:11 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GEARS COMBATANT

Cool, I'm watching the vid now, but just some constructive criticism...In your vids you should turn the overall sound up..When I was first watching I thought it was silent...And I have to have my speakers turned all the way up just to hear you...Not a big reason to complain, but still...Just saying..I'll post back in a few when I've seen it all the way through..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GEARS COMBATANT

Just watched it, and I have to say you brought up a few tactics I've never consciously thought of....I'm not that great at UT3 yet, but I think I'm starting to "get the hang of things"...And I'm sure these tips could help me when practicing against bots...One more piece of constructive criticism, try not to talk in such a monotone voice, no offense, but it sounds a little boring...Also, even if you dont have it loud, it's always good to have a little music playing in the background, so people dont get bored watching your vid...Just saying....I also subscribed so I can catch any future video's that you make....I'm "GearsCombatant1"...

Iron Guard

Yeah, I talk quietly without enthusiasm all the time. The guys I hang out with get shocked when I make a joke cause I'm just a quiet person. I was going to put some music in but didn't want to spend any more time on the video. It was just a super quick thing to maybe get people thinking. Just listen to Euphoria by Collide with the volume down while watching my video cause the was the song I was probably going to use.