Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ihateguests

Default Hosts that boot when loseing

Don't you hate when a host is loseing a game to you, and they boot you for it? I mean its happend to me a few times, most notibly force of god who booted after i killed him 4 times in row, and REDSASSY who booted me when i was only 9 kill away from winning. Just PATHETIC.

Prisoner 849

Lies! ForceOfGod doesn't lose. He told us so in a buncha threads

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN:Teckniec

I've never played with FOG before but I've had other hosts boot me for being too good lol

Green_Day_584

lol. a clanmate of mine was booted for killing the admin of a local server in Aus.

Redeemer

This is one of the reasons why I hated console online playing.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: totalEnVy

it happens to me daily...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: plugh

Don't think of it as pathetic, think of it as they are doing you a favour, you really wouldn't want to hang around morons like that in real life, so why do it online. There's plenty of really nice, decent people out there, who play for fun and who don't mind losing. You just need to find them : )

Green_Day_584

point. but then again, its nice kicking those losers a$$es. heheheh :P

Iron Guard

Best post ever!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PC: In73gr4L

Quote Originally Posted by plugh View Post
    Don't think of it as pathetic, think of it as they are doing you a favour, you really wouldn't want to hang around morons like that in real life, so why do it online. There's plenty of really nice, decent people out there, who play for fun and who don't mind losing. You just need to find them : )
    You'll find them on the PC version.
    You give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    In a nice apartment on the 1337th floor of Morpheus

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweakd View Post
    Best post ever!
    ForceOfGod = Juck Norris ? xD

B2T:
    The booternoobs want to show you in their own way, that your destiny is something above them

Look for -=TeamDemonic=- server - VCTF / CTF maps - default game maps plus our own custom - we play almost every night from 7-9PM EST - we are here for FUN - don't mind losing as we play for fun - you will only get kicked/booted if you are being an a** or cannot keep your language clean (we DO have kiddies who play on our server).

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

You'll find them on the PC version.
    There's an element of truth in there, I guess the PC unrealers have more experience in online gaming, and only the ones who display good sportsmanship survive the test of time, as ultimately they are the one's not obsessed with climbing the stats ladders.

OK, some words of advice...
    Ladies & Gentlemen, this game is supposed to be fun, if you're not having fun, please do not try to ruin everyone else's game by n00b calling, cries of 'my team sucks' or indeed as we've seen in this case unwarranted kicking of better players. Just go to spec, join another server or quit the game entirely and go and do something else.
    At the end of the game, if it was a well balanced good game, then be sporting, say GG (good game), WP (well played). If you didn't enjoy it, and you can't find anything nice to say, then say NOTHING. It really isn't hard to do, and it makes yours and everyone elses time online much more fun.

: )

Banned

It happened to me once. But, it was for sucking out loud.

Spawn camping will get you booted too.
    Last edited by cokkenballs; 04-18-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solevaliant

if you're not having fun, please do not try to ruin everyone else's game by n00b calling, cries of 'my team sucks...
    If more people took this advice then I'd be inclined to play a lot more than I do now (which is still pretty often, but sometimes I just don't feel like putting up with this stuff). The "stupid team" comments are especially annoying because they only discourage team play and further reduce your chances of a win.

Prisoner 849

Wow it takes so much time to get people to join a game in the first place, kicking anyone out is just crazy. I would never kick anyone out of my server even if they killed me 15 times in a row.
    UT3Mod.com Direct-download mod resource for PS3. Check it out!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

If more people took this advice then I'd be inclined to play a lot more than I do now (which is still pretty often, but sometimes I just don't feel like putting up with this stuff). The "stupid team" comments are especially annoying because they only discourage team play and further reduce your chances of a win.
    Yep, they should be banned. So often in UT2004, you'd get some leet kiddy spawn killing with his lightning gun, whilst his team were struggling to get flags, and all you'd hear was "n00b team, look at my score! I'm the only one making any effort!". The fact of the matter is he isn't contributing to the team effort in any way, shape or form. It ruined a lot of UT2004 VCTF servers for me, I really don't want to see that sort of behaviour again in UT3.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
    Wow it takes so much time to get people to join a game in the first place, kicking anyone out is just crazy. I would never kick anyone out of my server even if they killed me 15 times in a row.
    wouldnt worry too much there... i usually kill myself
    UT3 Tweaker | UT3 Cache Converter | www.Brad-G.com |
    AMD 3400+ 64 bit 3.0 Ghz processor | 2 GB xtreme DDR | ATI X1950 PRO 512 mb

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would never kick anyone either, bit lame really. If someone kills me it makes me more determined to get them back. To be honest I prefer being on the slightly poorer team coz it usually provides a better game, gotta take the kills with the thrills.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Wow looks like there are a few cool people out there who don't boot if you want add me to your friends list its wait for it .......... ihategeuests lol

True story: I was playing Suspense one night in a best of 3 captured flags... The score was 2-2. The host had the flag & I had the flag. Given the variables, we both reached our bases at roughly the same time. The host booted me, presumably for being the flag carrier. When I re-joined the game was over.

This is one of many tales that I can share.

MSgt. Shooter Person

yah I hate when they do that...bunch of pu$$1e$!

i remember an admin in 2k4 that used to do that all the time.

think his name was disturbed or something; but he was semi-infamous for it among the vctf community
    My Site: http://www.silentmoose.com/

Maps:
    DM-Storage
    VCTF-RiverValleyBrawl - WIP

Iron Guard

Countless times I've been accused of hacking because of my player prediction and kicked from servers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It annoys me a lot!!!! It has happened to me a few time...
    <3 Lecie

UT3 SN is lecie

Add me to your friends list if you like

MSgt. Shooter Person

I find it's generally a bigger problem in TF2, but it's still very much annoying here as well. Still, if I'm obviously winning by a landslide, I'll tend to ease up on them or just go impact hammer exclusive.
    The everlasting peace of mind that comes with time and smashing through the windshield.

And as is customary for us PC guys (and the occasional gal):
    Intel Q8400 @ 3.2ghz|Asus P5N-D|CREATIVE SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium|3 gigs Corsair XMS2 ram|eVGA 470GTX and eVGA 8800GT for PhysX|NZXT Alpha Tower|Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Banned

it hapend to me too i whas playing i a host game i won at the lost moment and he boot me wene i hgost game and i lose i thont boot pll i only kick pll when the enter in the tank base by the tank in suspence with there manta and give pll no change too get a weapon

The problem is worse on BF2142, kill a couple of French or German players who play in a clan and axpect a ban
    "Traditionally, insanity is the behavior whereby a person flouts societal norms and may become a danger to themselves and others." - Wikipedia

ingame: Insenia

Heh, now we know FarceOfGod's secret to remaining undefeated...
    UT3 PC tag: Vulkor

Veteran

Solution: play on dedicated servers..
    I run VoxHouse (VHSGames) and the UnrealDB.
    Film & Game producer, using and teaching UDK & Unreal Engine 4. Please stop by and say a good word on my project thread.
    Also feel free to join us on #udkc irc.gamesurge.net or via web: http://myclodel.com to chat live with others in the UDK community.

Banned

Please post the names of the Hosts / players who do this so we can all avoid these weaklings / sore losers.

Banned

Force isnt the only undefeated clan. Come check out the Blackcats, undefeated VCTF.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Force isnt the only undefeated clan. Come check out the Blackcats, undefeated VCTF.
    Force vs Blackcats anyone?
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

Banned

Well if they didn't play with mods, we might look them up.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bersy View Post
    Solution: play on dedicated servers..
    Shouldn't have to, every one should be a good sport about it. like I said before I have never booted any one in UT3 just because they were about to beat me in my own room so why would they, other then the immature factor I mean.
    Just Say No To Being A Bot Slayer And Padding Your Stats.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Well if they didn't play with mods, we might look them up.
    Thats another thing that pisses me of ForceOfGod likes to brag he is the number one player for UT3 on ps3, although he is ranked #1 on the custom server, it is only on the custom server not the pure server.
    Just Say No To Being A Bot Slayer And Padding Your Stats.