Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator

Default If You're Having Problems With The Patch, Please Post Here

Hey guys -

ONLY IF If you're having a problem with applying the patch that was released today, please post and ONLY include this information. Anything in addition to this will be deleted:
    1. A description of the issue
    2. Your PC specs (you can get this information by going to Run... and type in dxdiag)
    3. Your OS information
    4. Any modifications you've made in the .inis or any type of modification to any files in the gearsPC directory structure.
    5. What version of the game does the user have installed (English, French, Italian, German, Iberian Spanish, LATAM Spanish, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian)
    6. Where did they get the update from: via Windows LIVE or from http://gearsofwar.com/GearsPC/.

Thanks!
    Last edited by tanya; 02-25-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The1Boxxer

1. Please insert DVD (Could not be found yadda yadda)
    2. Intel Dual Core 4300 @ 1.80Ghz
    2046 RAM
    8600 Nvidia GT (Need anything else?!)
    3. OS - Vista Premium 32 bit
    4. No mods whatsoever, only got the game yesterday!!

When I try and download the update, it never installs because of an error message I receive that says
    1. "old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

2.Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.40GHz, 2046 MB RAM

3. XP Pro

Ok here's my problem. This game has crashed with each update applied. I load up my last checkpoint which is "Last Stand". Once I complete this, the next Act will not load and the game crashes every time. It stays in a black screen for a few moments and then crashes. Also, if I attempt to play a multiplayer match it crashes within 1 or 2 minutes.
    The errors that come up are either a C++ error or wargame-g4wlive.exe error.
    I have had this game for almost 2 months now and can't get to Act 3 because all it does is crash.

Another thing, I have yet to see what the editor looks like. I have never been able to get it to open without it crashing instantly.

I know my PC specs are well beyond the requirements, so I have no idea what is wrong.

My specs are:
    Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition - Service Pack 2
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.51 GHz
    2048MB RAM
    DirectX 9c
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Display Mode 1024x768

I have all of the updates installed for Gears of War, as well as Games For Windows Live and Visual C++ 2008. This game was also originally installed under a fresh OS install. I have also tried to install it on another drive and get the same results.

Any suggestions on what can be done to fix this? I have tried every solution on these boards and nothing works.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TRIN3XX

1. The DVD-ROM cannot be located
    Please insert the DVD-ROM and restart the application
    2. System Manufacturer: Foxconn
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), 2.7GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    3. Windows vista home premium 64-bit
    4. No mods at all
    5. English
    6. Live.

EDIT: I've also tryed updating safedisc, deleting temp folders, and reinstalling gears of war
    Last edited by TRIN3XX; 02-25-2008 at 06:28 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

ok mine is

"please insert right DvD in a drive and restart the application"
    Athlon 6400+ 4g ram 8800 640mb
    O.S. Vista Premiun 64 bit
    only changed Antivirus (Norton---> Kaspersky) i dont if this is important but i tryed to reistall the game and turn off the firewall but the patch wrong the same

1. Please insert DVD (Could not be found yadda yadda)
    2. Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz, 4Gb RAM, XFX Geforce 8800GTS 512Mb
    3. OS - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
    4. I have all of the updates installed for Gears of War, as well as Games For Windows Live and Visual C++ 2008. This game was also originally installed under a fresh OS install

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OfTheWired

1. still crashes unless I use the -nosound argument
    2. Athlon X2 6400+, Radeon HD 3870 X2, Auzentech X-Mystique Gold soundcard
    3. Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    4. No ini mods used since nobody can tell me what the possible properties under the ALAudio header are for and I'm quite sure my problem lies in the sound dept.

Super Moderator

LAIN: it's likely that you just need to update your sound drivers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

A new patch has once again improved the stuttering quite a bit, but its still very much present It seems to happen more in chunks now, like when a new areas about to come up, itl start getting choppy/stutter around a bit for a few seconds.

Heres my specs for a refresh -

PSU - Corsair 520w
    Video Card - GeForce 8800GT 512Mb
    Video Driver - v169.25
    CPU - AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Motherboard - MSI K9N Neo (Latest Bios)
    Memory - Corsair 4GB (1GB x 4 sticks)
    Sound Card - Onboard Realtek HD Audio
    Sound Card Driver - v1.87
    Mouse - Normal PS/2 Mouse
    OS - Vista Home Premium 32bit Service Pack 1

Default same problem

whenever I download the new patch for Gears of war for the pc it just shuts off the game then when it is done downloading , I try to start gears of war but it will not start. I have tried numerous solutions but the game won't start at all. Is anyone else getting the same problem or am I the only one?
    Last edited by Wowzer7; 02-25-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Angry Directx 10 Textures Blue and Red, Error

Gears of War PC-Directx 10 Error in some textures appear red or blue 8800GTX

Angry Visual C++ Runtime Error

1)The game crashes in every attemp to continue from the Act 3 Part 2 (Investigating for Cart Control Room after finding the strander) that comes up with a error report titled as Visual C++ Runtime Error with G4Wlive.exe error ...everytime with no logical reason.. ( I have played to this part of the game with no stuttering , no crashes , no any other problems.. )

2)Intel E6750@3600mhz
    Asus P5K-E Mainboard with 1006 Bios(latest)
    2 x 1GB Kingston Hyperx 9600 @1200mhz
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 320MB 171.17 whql Driver
    Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Music

3)Microsoft Windows XP SP2

4)NO modification

5)English

6) Ingame patching (i think it is Windows Live)

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissus View Post
    1)The game crashes in every attemp to continue from the Act 3 Part 2 (Investigating for Cart Control Room after finding the strander) that comes up with a error report titled as Visual C++ Runtime Error with G4Wlive.exe error ...everytime with no logical reason.. ( I have played to this part of the game with no stuttering , no crashes , no any other problems.. )

2)Intel E6750@3600mhz
    Asus P5K-E Mainboard with 1006 Bios(latest)
    2 x 1GB Kingston Hyperx 9600 @1200mhz
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 320MB 171.17 whql Driver
    Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Music

3)Microsoft Windows XP SP2

4)NO modification

5)English

6) Ingame patching (i think it is Windows Live)
    now i installed the latest official beta (!) driver of NVIDIA # 169.44 , and my problem has been solved (i also installed the latest Directx March Redist) ...

was that all happening because of Driver # 171.17 , pff..

Well Who, Try deleting the wrap_oal.dll file in your Gears of War/binaries folder. This helped solve my modified.exe problem !
    Ofcourse make a backup of that file !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    Well Who, Try deleting the wrap_oal.dll file in your Gears of War/binaries folder. This helped solve my modified.exe problem !
    Thanks I will try this and tell you if that was the problem.
    MSI K9A2 CF-F V2 - Crossfire ATI HD3870 512mb GDDR4 -TvWonder Hd650 - X -Fi Xtreme Music - 250 gb hdd - 8gb ddr2 1066 - AMD Phenom II X4 940

MSgt. Shooter Person

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Untitled1.jpg

So, I entered my serial number. Created an account, once I try to update, I get this error. If anyone could help please.

I was able to update Games for Windows Live!!! But once I get to this update, it doesn't let me, please help!!!

Also, I tried to download the patch from Gears of War website. But, I get the same problem.

I really want to play online, also, I want to save my games.

Cheers.
    Last edited by r3eee; 03-09-2008 at 01:11 PM.
    Q6600 G0 | Gigabyte DSR3 | BFG OC 8800GT 512MB | OCZ 2GB 800MHz

Angry Wtf!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    That didnt work!!!!Epic is wosrt than UBISOFT AND EA to the 3rd POWER!!!! Please fix this software that came out your BEHIND.GETIT!!!!!!!!!!!
    MSI K9A2 CF-F V2 - Crossfire ATI HD3870 512mb GDDR4 -TvWonder Hd650 - X -Fi Xtreme Music - 250 gb hdd - 8gb ddr2 1066 - AMD Phenom II X4 940

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Ogs View Post
    A new patch has once again improved the stuttering quite a bit, but its still very much present It seems to happen more in chunks now, like when a new areas about to come up, itl start getting choppy/stutter around a bit for a few seconds.

Heres my specs for a refresh -

PSU - Corsair 520w
    Video Card - GeForce 8800GT 512Mb
    Video Driver - v169.25
    CPU - AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Motherboard - MSI K9N Neo (Latest Bios)
    Memory - Corsair 4GB (1GB x 4 sticks)
    Sound Card - Onboard Realtek HD Audio
    Sound Card Driver - v1.87
    Mouse - Normal PS/2 Mouse
    OS - Vista Home Premium 32bit Service Pack 1
    You man live in a placebo world. No stuttering issue has been addressed with the latest patch.
    You can't live with women. You can't live without women.
    Fuzzy logic example.

Default Lost saved games and checkpoints with patched Gears

I applied the most recent "title update" a few days ago, then played several more levels/chapters. Just now I tried to fire up the game and resume where I left off last night, and... I couldn't f*****g believe it: the game STILL DELETES CHECKPOINTS -- can't resume the campaign.

Come on Epic, fix this already. You've now deleted files containing user data from my system at least three times.

Banned

1.I try dowloading the patch and it freezes the second before it's finished, every time
    2. 2GB Corsair Dominator, factory overclocked 1,066mhz; 320 GB Seagate Memory Storage; 8800GTX Nvidia Geforce Graphics 512 Mb; Intel Quad Core 2.44 ghz.
    3. Windows XP sp2
    4. Only the Unreal Editor, It was the only way to make it usable because it was hidden for some reason.
    5. English
    6. via Windows LIVE

Unhappy help?

On my PC (which I use a big 40 inch TV lol...no I do really) and my TV doesn't support 1260x760 or somthing near that and gears of war has that for it's defalt so when i go on it it's black but has sound and you see 2 secs of it so i need to change the resulation to 1360x760 without going on the game what can I do!!!!!!!????

i cant just instal patch 1.3

My Os is Xp service pack 3, i have 4 gb ram
    Video card is a 9600Gt
    Intel core2 quad

Gears of war version is 1.0 and its in spanish, i hadnt modified any file
    plz help

i download the patch from the website
    Last edited by NotNoob; 06-30-2009 at 05:48 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

1) Stuttering seems to be still present.
    2) Still no icons group?
    3) At the beginning of the game, when Marcus is still in prison, some sort of lines at the bottom of the screen appears (sort of line flashing, difficult to explain). Not a big problem, but it looks like the game is not "polished".
    4) Still playing, so I don't know about random crashes that may occur during the game. I'm still investigating. If something goes wrong, I'll report it.
    5) Chapter 5 seems to be selectable, even if I'm still playing chapter 1 (it's still unselectable, at the end, it's like it has been unlocked, which is not my case).

Fresh install on:
    a) Intel Core 2 Duo T7300@2.00Ghz
    b) 2GB of RAM
    c) nVidia Geforce 8600M GT (Forceware 169.09, tested also on 174.20)
    d) Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit (Build 6000, SP1 is still not available here...)
    e) Obviously, DirectX 10
    f) Italian version of the game

I do not have feature requests for next patches, but at least 3 things seems reasonable for the future (take this like advices):

1) A patchlevel version indicator. Under Unreal Tournament III, we always know which version the game is (the version number appears in the game menu). Why not in Gears of War? Not having such visual may be confusing.
    2) Patch release notes: it could seem stupid, but knowing what has been fixed may help futher testing.
    3) A public or private beta testing before patch releases. Quite frankly, it's frustrating seeing people who can't play with the latest patch four months after a game release.

I own all Epic games: while you're doing an extremely good job with Unreal Tournament III and its maintainance, I can't tell the same for Gears of War, and this is a pity (and I don't understand why, Epic has always been excellent in their support).
    Anyway, thanks for this wonderful game. I love Unreal Tournament III and Gears of War.
    Renato

EDIT: Just found another problem: if you click on the credit section from the game menu, graphics become corrupted and I can't see the credits at all. Wired, I can't see who the creators of this game are...
    Last edited by mjordan; 02-26-2008 at 12:35 PM.
    Fuzzy logic example.

1. The DVD-ROM cannot be located
    Please insert the DVD-ROM and restart the application
    2. System Manufacturer: Clevo Co.
    System Model: M570RU
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 4094MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX
    3. Operating System: Windows VistaÖ Ultimate
    4. No mods at all
    5. English
    6. Live.

This sucks. No Gears for my flight tomorrow

Since installing any of the patches including the new one from http://gearsofwar.com/GearsPC/ the game will not start, i click the icon be it via "Games" or from the autorun dvd or directory. I click the icon the disk spins and nothing happens. Nothing is modded in anyway the game worked fine until i attempted to update (which i only tried to update as all my save files were deleted and thought an update would fix this)

Operating System: Windows Vista™ 64bit Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 3070MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Driver Version: 7.15.0011.6925 (English)
    Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5559 (English)

[UPDATE]

If i run the game in xp compatible mode i get the "Please insert correct DVD-ROM..." so now im actuallying getting somthing.

Any other info you need please ask or if any of you know of any fixes i can do to get the game to run.
    Last edited by Susagepig; 02-25-2008 at 07:25 PM.

So is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Reinstalling?

hmmmmmmmm where can i donwload this new patch

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by flamestart View Post
    Log in with your Live Silver account and the download will be presented with a message. Note that you're off topic here. This is a thread to report problems.
    Fuzzy logic example.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

If you've still got Live working it should auto-install when you start the game.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

yeah sorry about that but the game wont even start up for me how am i suppost to log in

yeah the game wont even install i run it it goes to a black screen and crashes i get this error

Assertion failed: PrecacheSize > 0 [File:.\Src\UnLinker.cpp] [Line: 882]

Stack:

RaiseException() Address = 0x76b0b09e (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll]
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x724e8e69 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_10b2f55f9bffb8f8\MSVCR8 0.dll]
    Address = 0xfb7c12 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\wargame-g4wlive.exe]
    Address = 0xe872544c (filename not found)

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

yeah the game wont even install i run it it goes to a black screen and crashes i get this error

Assertion failed: PrecacheSize > 0 [File:.\Src\UnLinker.cpp] [Line: 882]

Stack:

RaiseException() Address = 0x76b0b09e (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll]
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x724e8e69 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_10b2f55f9bffb8f8\MSVCR8 0.dll]
    Address = 0xfb7c12 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\wargame-g4wlive.exe]
    The patch on http://gearsofwar.com/GearsPC/ should, in theory, be the latest one. No guarantees.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

Iron Guard

Could we see a changelog?

Testing right now...

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rafaelfranca

1. A description of the issue
    Windows Live always popup me to update my game (i have installed it ten times and restarted, nothing works...)

2. Your PC specs (you can get this information by going to Run... and type in dxdiag)
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
    Language: Portuguese (Regional Setting: Portuguese)
    System Manufacturer: INTEL_
    System Model: D975XBX2
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)
    Monitor: SyncMaster 931BW/906BW/931CW , SyncMaster Magic CX931BW (Digital)
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6921 (English)
    -------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: SigmaTel Audio1
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7621&SUBSYS_80860419& REV_1002
    Driver Name: sthda.sys
    Driver Version: 5.10.5258.0002 (English)

3. Your OS information
    Windows XP Service Pack 2 x86.

4. Any modifications you've made in the .inis or any type of modification to any files in the gearsPC directory structure.
    Nothing...

5. What version of the game does the user have installed (English, French, Italian, German, Iberian Spanish, LATAM Spanish, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian)
    English.

6. Where did they get the update from: via Windows LIVE or from http://gearsofwar.com/GearsPC/.
    No one!

---------------------------

EDIT:

I have manually installed the update from gow website...
    It runs... no problems until now...

Just one, my save games all are erased! any ideia?

Where is the changelog about the update?

Thanks
    []'s

1. will not start after downloading the update
    2.Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4000+ 2.60 GHz /Ram 2.00GB/
    64.bit operating system.
    3. Windows Vista Home
    4.no modifications
    5. English
    6. I got the update from logging into my account then it updated and would not start up afterwards. I have also tried a patch on gamespot.
    Last edited by Wowzer7; 02-26-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Default Problems with the patch...

1) Same as everyone else...please insert the correct DVD...
    2) Dell XPS Intel Dual Core 4300 @ 2Ghz, 2046 RAM
    ATI Radeon X1300/1550
    3) Windows Vista Home
    4) No modifications at all.
    5. English.
    6. updated from: via Windows LIVE. They said I'd be kicked off if I didn't.

Iron Guard

Really bad performance after this last update. Framerate has dropped by about 5fps overall and its downright unplayable in some areas now. More stuttering. GFWL crashed about 15 minutes after installing the update. I am not happy.

AMD XP-M 2.2
    7600GS AGP
    1.5GB DDR Dual Channel

Update: More GFWL crashing. Its crashing more since this patch than in all the time Ive had the game. Usually happens during coop matches when one of us dies and it starts loading up a checkpoint, then it starts thrashing my HD and then crashes.

Update: Reinstalled the game fresh and manually installed the latest GFWL and TU patch. Still crashes during coop matches when you die and need to load a checkpiont usually. Doesn't crash during versus and rarely if ever during single player. Was not a problem before.
    Last edited by Ashrak; 03-08-2008 at 08:35 PM.

1. "not a valid win32 application" when i try to run the patch. this happens regardless where i download it from, or if i get it in-game. i also had the same error with the previous patch. have tried sourcing the file from many places so i can rule out a corrupt download. don't have this problem with any other exe files ever on my pc.

2. intel core 2 quad 2.4Ghz, nvidia 8800GT 512MB, 4GB RAM

3. windows xp pro SP2

4. no modifications at all

5. english game version

6. have tried update through the game, on the gears website, basically anywhere i could find it

Iron Guard

It still crashes. Very irritating. Its hard enough to find someone to play coop with and when you finaly do and start playing the game crashs about 15 minutes in. Wasn't like this before the the last update. It seems to happen less if your connected to a good fast host. If your connected to a laggy host it crashes more frequently.

I may have to reinstall.. but I don't want to lose my checkpoints or my achievements.
    Last edited by Ashrak; 03-03-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast