Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Map - Deathmatch (PC/PS3) DM-Agony-SE [Final - Pictures - Download PC & PS3]

Ok here is my version of Agony for UT3.

I was not going to an exact one to one brush, but to scale and design it to feel like the old Agony, yet have the freedom of movement we all expect for UT3. It is scaled about 20% larger than the UT99 version to compensate for the chunky feel that UT3 has and so it does not feel like a one-on-one map.

I tried to keep most all the pickups and player starts close to what one would remember from the UT99 version.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

PC Download:
    http://www.stridersrealm.com/Files/DM-Agony3-SE.zip

PS3 Download:
    http://files.filefront.com/Agony3+SE.../fileinfo.html

Thanks to Xtradian, Chief Justice, and AnubanUT2 and the other forums members for their comments and suggestions as I worked this project. Thanks to AbubanUT2 for cooking the PS3 version for me and thanks to Epic and Sidney 'Clawfist' Rauchberger for the original UT99 design, as well as creating such an awesome game.
    Last edited by LordStrider; 02-10-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    What we do in life echoes in eternity.

DM-Agony3-SE

Banned

Tnx man. Was this in the beta section too? Missed it then. Looks cooler than the other Agony version, or is it an update / final version of that one (+ rename). I'm gonna test it on my PS3.

Banned

Congrats on releasing the final version LS ... for those folks on the PS3 just be aware that there is no music because this map uses a custom soundtrack ... the original soundtrack for the map.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome!!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yay, great!
    Thanks man.

It's already on the redirect so it'll hopefully spread quickly!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great job Strider! keep up the awesome mapping ! can't wait to see this on ABG!

Chef
    Good food+good wine= good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Erp View Post
    Tnx man. Was this in the beta section too? Missed it then. Looks cooler than the other Agony version, or is it an update / final version of that one (+ rename). I'm gonna test it on my PS3.
    Yes I started this in the beta section about six weeks ago.

This is not an update of the other Agony version, but was done from scratch to get a happy medium between "exact UT99 scale" and allowing enough room for UT3 play. This version you can double jump and get through the doors still. I tried to keep things simple, yet work some details, lighting and shadows to give it a good feel. It should play ok even on low end systems.
    Last edited by LordStrider; 02-10-2008 at 06:53 PM.

DM-Agony3-SE

MSgt. Shooter Person

This Looks Incredible!! Downloading now

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by LordStrider View Post
    Yes I started this in the beta section about six weeks ago.

This is not an update of the other Agony version, but was done from scratch to get a happy medium between "exact UT99 scale" and allowing enough room for UT3 play. This version you can double jump and get through the doors still. I tried to keep things simple, yet work some details, lighting and shadows to give it a good feel. It should play ok even on low end systems.
    Gameplay is spot on! plenty of room to trick jump around and has that Ut99 comfortable feel to it. The scale feels right on the money with that map which I think is sorely lacking the in the UT3 stock DM maps which are awfulness incarnate imo, thank god for the wonderful and talented community of mappers and coders, you guys make a good game, GREAT!

Chef

Banned

Looks kind of dark to me.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice map and gameplay.
    GG ^^
    http://www.unreal.fr

Community Unreal.fr :
    Steam
    Xfire

Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart View Post
    Looks kind of dark to me.
    Darker from the screenshots or gameplay? The screenshots are a good bit darker than what the actual lighting really is.

DM-Agony3-SE

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well done LordStrider for a great remake, nice to see the final version hit the forum.
    This was one of my favorite maps for ut99 and this remake brings that fun to UT3.
    The Enforcer in place of the Ripper works out well and I like the extra deco.
    Thanks for the thumps-up in your read-me.
    I am sure that this map will be played by alot of people for years to come.
    Nice work.
    Last edited by Xtriaden; 02-11-2008 at 08:39 AM.
    My PC Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz 4MB L2 Cache, eVGA Nivdia 8800 Gtx (768 mb), eVGA nForce 680i SLI LGA775 motherboard, 2 GB XMS2 Dominator DDR2 800mz Ram, Raptor 150 GB HD 10,000 RPM, (+2 x 500 GB for storage). UT3 Plays ok on Max setting

Smile Excellent

Agony has always been my favourite DM map from the moment it was released for UT. I must have downloaded 3 different versions of hack jobs for Agony 03/04 before I found one that was really good. None can compare to what the the author has done here. Exactly as described, the map is a wee bit larger in scale than the original. However it has that same feel as the original and the music is there too. I'm so envious that you accomplished what I've tried to do so many times, but never got it. Well done!
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool map.

Someone needs to make Goldeneye's Bunker
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
    Video Card: ATI 4870 1GB
    Memory: 3GB, DDR2 667
    Motherboard: ASUS M2N-MX SE

Iron Guard

Very cool man, appreciate your work on this. Any chance of making cybrosisII?
    "Good elephant clock second of two kinds of widespread revolve a way"

WUDILALA

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by btcomm View Post
    Very cool man, appreciate your work on this. Any chance of making cybrosisII?
    hehehe I've already hinted at Strider that there is enough to do just making 99 and 2k4 remakes ( aka, maps that ROCK! ) to keep him busy till 2012 or so

Nice work again bud! can't wait till I get
    a comp built for UT3!

Chef

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ahhhh, memories. I remember this map from way back. Remake looks good.

Now where's Zeto, Peak, KGalleon?

Better yet, where's classic assault? AS-Frigate, AS-OverLord, AS-Bridge?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ahhhh, memories
    Yeah, the memories, mmm.

Gratz on a job very well done!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi LordStrider, is there any chance you can submit your map to http://www.mapraider.com/ a nice looking site, but it dose not have my favorite UT3 Map:-) so please take a look at the site if you get a chance.
    My PC Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz 4MB L2 Cache, eVGA Nivdia 8800 Gtx (768 mb), eVGA nForce 680i SLI LGA775 motherboard, 2 GB XMS2 Dominator DDR2 800mz Ram, Raptor 150 GB HD 10,000 RPM, (+2 x 500 GB for storage). UT3 Plays ok on Max setting

MSgt. Shooter Person

This map's a keeper... I like the stained glass, that what i liked about the original too.
    "All you base are belong to us!" -C.A.T.S.

Custom Chars:
    Erinyes v1.1: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=603554
    Terminator v1.1: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=608358

MSgt. Shooter Person

very good remake of the map.
    btw, all maps looks dark, you just need to increase the brightness to 8 or 9.

Iron Guard

I probably downloaded this one long ago now, wonder why I didn't comment on this beautiful work? Nicely done.
    I want to play Unreal for a living.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Far better than the other ****.

Banned

excessive use of rocket launchers placed on this map makes the gameplay terrible and one-sided. other than that, it looks nice.

Banned

What are you talking about? There is only one RL pickup on the entire level. And remember this is remake of a classic level from UT99. It follows the weapon layout exactly. Maybe you have this confused with another level?

Banned

this is a rocket launcher placed at deemer, also there is a rocket launcher played at normal location of top of 50 armor. Rocket ammo is scattered all across the map making anyone with decent knowledge of map control unlimited rocket ammo. Which creates spam and rocket arena.

Banned

I don't know what version of the map you have but the version I have has ONE RL pickup and only three ammo packs scattered around to pickup. I don't know how you figure that is too much but whatever I'm not going to bother discussing this any further.

Banned

maybe because i have utcompv2 running, it switched the deemer pick up with a rocketlauncher? i don't have any weapon replacement mutators running so i don't understance how i see two rocket launchers that are in close range of each other in this map

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    excessive use of rocket launchers placed on this map makes the gameplay terrible and one-sided. other than that, it looks nice.
    One Redeemer:

One Rocket:

Sorry, but you must have something else going on. There is only one rocket launcher in this level. It is populated very close to the original 99 version.

DM-Agony3-SE

Default Enforcer - Howto

I've had a few questions about the Enforcer and how to do it.

Sometime back, Anuban pointed me to a post at: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=598091

Code:
    Begin Map
       Begin Level
          Begin Actor Class=UTWeaponPickupFactory Name=UTWeaponPickupFactory_7 Archetype=UTWeaponPickupFactory'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory'
             Begin Object Class=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent Name=PickupLightEnvironment ObjName=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61 Archetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PickupLightEnvironment'
                Name="DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61"
                ObjectArchetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PickupLightEnvironment'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=ParticleSystemComponent Name=GlowEffect ObjName=ParticleSystemComponent_0 Archetype=ParticleSystemComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:GlowEffect'
                bJustAttached=True
                OldPosition=(X=1263.397461,Y=-1066.138062,Z=-880.000000)
                LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)
                Name="ParticleSystemComponent_0"
                ObjectArchetype=ParticleSystemComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:GlowEffect'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=StaticMeshComponent_124 ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_124 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshComponent'
                Begin Object Class=MaterialInstanceConstant Name=MaterialInstanceConstant_7 ObjName=MaterialInstanceConstant_7 Archetype=MaterialInstanceConstant'Engine.Default__MaterialInstanceConstant'
                   Parent=Material'PICKUPS.WeaponBase.Materials.M_Pickups_WeaponBase_Glow'
                   Name="MaterialInstanceConstant_7"
                   ObjectArchetype=MaterialInstanceConstant'Engine.Default__MaterialInstanceConstant'
                End Object
                StaticMesh=StaticMesh'PICKUPS.Health_Large.Mesh.S_Pickups_Base_HealthGlow01'
                Materials(0)=MaterialInstanceConstant'MaterialInstanceConstant_7'
                bAcceptsDecals=False
                CastShadow=False
                bAcceptsLights=False
                CollideActors=False
                BlockActors=False
                BlockZeroExtent=False
                BlockNonZeroExtent=False
                BlockRigidBody=False
                Name="StaticMeshComponent_124"
                ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshComponent'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=BaseMeshComp ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_115 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:BaseMeshComp'
                LightEnvironment=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61'
                LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True)
                Name="StaticMeshComponent_115"
                ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:BaseMeshComp'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=CylinderComponent Name=CollisionCylinder ObjName=CylinderComponent_4 Archetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:CollisionCylinder'
                Name="CylinderComponent_4"
                ObjectArchetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:CollisionCylinder'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=PathRenderingComponent Name=PathRenderer ObjName=PathRenderingComponent_115 Archetype=PathRenderingComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PathRenderer'
                Name="PathRenderingComponent_115"
                ObjectArchetype=PathRenderingComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PathRenderer'
             End Object
             WeaponPickupClass=Class'UTGame.UTWeap_Enforcer'
             BaseGlow=ParticleSystemComponent'ParticleSystemComponent_0'
             LightEnvironment=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61'
             PathList(0)=ReachSpec'ReachSpec_3681'
             PathList(1)=ReachSpec'ReachSpec_3682'
             visitedWeight=10000000
             CylinderComponent=CylinderComponent'CylinderComponent_4'
             MaxPathSize=(Radius=72.000000,Height=44.000000)
             NavGuid=(A=1535896318,B=1310355258,C=2085330875,D=841397379)
             NetworkID=1
             Components(0)=CylinderComponent'CylinderComponent_4'
             Components(1)=PathRenderingComponent'PathRenderingComponent_115'
             Components(2)=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61'
             Components(3)=StaticMeshComponent'StaticMeshComponent_115'
             Components(4)=ParticleSystemComponent'ParticleSystemComponent_0'
             Base=WorldInfo'WorldInfo_11'
             Tag="UTWeaponPickupFactory"
             Location=(X=1263.397461,Y=-1066.138062,Z=-836.000000)
             CollisionComponent=CylinderComponent'CylinderComponent_4'
             Name="UTWeaponPickupFactory_7"
             ObjectArchetype=UTWeaponPickupFactory'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory'
          End Actor
       End Level
    Begin Surface
    End Surface
    End Map
    Basically you place a weapon pickup and assign a weapon to it. Then right click that weapon base and select "copy".

Go back to your Windows Desktop and open Notepad and then paste into notepad. You will now have a bunch of text within Notepad.

You want to change the weapon pickup to:

WeaponPickupClass=Class'UTGame.UTWeap_Enforcer'

Then recopy your Notepad text and go back to the Editor. Right click and "Paste Here". You should now have a weapon base that should spawn the enforcer.

Basically you can transition it from UnrealEd to Notepad with the Copy/Paste function. It's a hack but it does work. Just make sure you save your level and test it prior, but it worked fine for me. You may be able to just copy the above code and paste direct into the editor, but I have not checked for conflict with the assigned names.

It might be safer to create the weapon base, copy the code, delete the weapon base, then paste the new.
    Last edited by LordStrider; 04-04-2008 at 08:19 AM.

DM-Agony3-SE

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tactical Burst

It definately works!
    I'm surprised and never thought we could simply access to this code by right clicking this way LOLLL. Great job, but the only question I have is... the Weapon Factory disapeared under the Enforcers >>>> Modified - simply rendered my map and everything is fine and perfect.

Awesome!
    You got the credits guys <<!

NOTE:
    The gears of war link dosn't work
    Last edited by Hyrage; 04-04-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Glad to hear it is working.

DM-Agony3-SE

Quote Originally Posted by Xtriaden View Post
    Hi LordStrider, is there any chance you can submit your map to http://www.mapraider.com/ a nice looking site, but it dose not have my favorite UT3 Map:-) so please take a look at the site if you get a chance.
    Took me a few months, but finally got some time to do this....LOL.

DM-Agony3-SE

Iron Guard

Thanks for map and the bump, I already have another version of this map (or maybe the beta?), but this one looks much better.
    If it can't be modded, it ain't worth ****.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This went on the server right away, a few months ago, and supplied us with lots of fun and memories from the old days.

Thank you very much.

Thx for this cool map, but link doesn't work!
    Plz re-up on hotfile/rapid/mega/fileplanet...

thx
    Last edited by voyager; 01-15-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    Thx for this cool map, but link doesn't work!
    Plz re-up on hotfile/rapid/mega/fileplanet...

thx
    This one works:

http://www.filefront.com/11905364/DM-Agony-3-SE/

Redeemer

Thumbs up very good remake!

OK, so this one is actually named DM-Agony3-SE and it seems more similar to original UT version than DM-Agony2 from HOLP2. It has excellent gameplay and flow, is darker and has more use of shadows with good lighting. I noticed the grass, leaves and sky, which were done well. I like the addition of the enforcers to make double enforcers and the little details that create its atmosphere. I don't think I even used a rocket launcher in this one.

Both UT3 Agony versions have stained glass babes that I could see; my ones in UT I can't see too well because I'm running OpenGL (w/ S3TC textures). I made a comment in my review of Agony2 that the items were off, but that is not the case and they are fine in both versions if maybe different between the two. The bots were better in this one. Both versions are good and different, so I'll keep them both.

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Bump! - Good remake. Still an instant classic. Found some new links since the download link on the first post is dead (4 years ago).

Working link for PC (and PS3 too):
    http://ut3gow.com/node/99

Other working links for PC:
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4431
    http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=2769

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast