Iron Guard

Map - Deathmatch (PC/PS3) DM-Daikyu (FINAL 1.10) PC & PS3

Name: DM-Daikyu

Description:
    Its a small map for 2-8 player in the asian theme.
    Its also a good map for 1on1 matches and sniper duels.

Some action screens:

Comments:
    Its my first real UT3 map. I experimented a lot with this map to make it visualy and gameplay wise appealing.

Download PC

Download PS3

1.10 change notes:
    - fixed some collision bugs
    - changed/fixed some textures
    - small changes with static meshes

1.05 change notes:
    - fixed some collision bugs
    - changes with static meshes
    - added preview pic

1.0 change notes:
    - changed/fixed some textures
    - improved the bot paths
    - some small changes with static meshes
    Last edited by Davision; 02-13-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: PS3 version

MSgt. Shooter Person

wow this looks fantastic! Very good esp for your first UT3 map!!

Banned

I was just about to post to the beta thread or old final thread ... anyway fantastic map with great flow and amazingly good visuals ... I have two major issues with this map and a bug to report. First the bug ... bots tend to get stuck near the stairs leading to the RL and FC rooms ... they get stuck in the corner of the stairs (the nook part where the stairs meets the upper pathway) and that is not fun even if the kills are easy ... also the sniper rifle dominates this map ... anyway to make that less the case. I can't tell you how many times I got killed by bots with amazing Sniper kills even though I am only playing this map on experienced ... WTF??? LOL damn bots!!! The other issue is the brightness of the crystal room downstairs ... can you please tune that down?

Other than those three things the level is great and I love it .... and yes I will be happy to cook this for the PS3 ... this is one of those levels that should cook with no issues. But do you think you are going to address any of the things I brought up or do you want me to cook it as it is now?

Edit: It is really hard to believe this is your first level. Great stuff ... now you do models and levels ... pretty soon you will be ready to do your own complete mod. When that happens let me know and maybe I can be a part of it.
    Last edited by AnubanUT2; 02-10-2008 at 01:50 PM.

Iron Guard

I knew about that bug with the bots getting stuck a that place, i thought i fixed it but i tested again now and after letting only 1 bot play the map he got stuck again like you said but that was after ca 10 minutes of play time so i dont think its that bad and with other players hes focused at shooting stuff and not trying to walk through a wall.

The sniper rifle skills of the bots is really strange but thats with all maps i allready made no sniper ammo because of that and the helmets can be a good help, i think the trick is to let them camp at the sniper spot and make a shock combo up there or flak cannon second fire.
    The Crystal need to shine like that, i just like all the nice shadows coming from that light source, its a magical crystal

So, i will keep the map like that.
    Next time post such things in the beta thread before i go final! , anyway thx

Would be cool if you can cook this map, although i cant play it with my PS3 because i simple have only the PC version

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davision View Post
    Next time post such things in the beta thread before i go final! , anyway thx
    LOL ... it was only in beta a couple of days ... well this 1.05 version anyway ... you have to give us a little more time than that. but okay its not a prob ... the level is still a blast and that bug makes up for those damn sniper kills. ... I'll get on the cooking soon.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Harmatia

Anuban, are you running patch 2 beta? I find the snipers to be balanced just fine with it.

Without the patch, the snipers are all going for your head instead of the other bots =P
    | Asus M2N32 590 Sli | AMD x2 6400+| XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 640; core:658, memory:960, shader: 1414| 2 GB Corsair XMS DDR2 6400| (*useless) Physx by Ageia | Creative Xi-fi Xtremegamer | Samsung 2232GW 22" WS |

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harmatia View Post
    Anuban, are you running patch 2 beta? I find the snipers to be balanced just fine with it.

Without the patch, the snipers are all going for your head instead of the other bots =P
    Nope don't have that patch ... it sure would be nice if someone from the community sent it to me.

Anyway this level works fine on the PS3 and D-man check your pm for the link so you can share this beaut with the rest of the community.

Thumbs up yay Final version !

thank you !
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

Iron Guard

Added the PS3 version
    thx for the PS3 cook Anuban
    LOL ... it was only in beta a couple of days ... well this 1.05 version anyway ... you have to give us a little more time than that.
    Right, i will post much early next time. But before i make a new map i will do more work on the rodents faction because the new patch is coming.

Good to hear that

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice map,
    Thx for this great job ^^
    http://www.unreal.fr

Community Unreal.fr :
    Steam
    Xfire

hey great map!, but i found a few issues, first:

i get stuck here:

and here if i jump:

and the other thing, is that the bots jump forever in the jump pads

Banned

^^^ that is what beta testing is for (as I was told ) ... you can't wait until a level goes final and then start finding all kinds of errors ... it is up to us as community members getting free content to bring these things to the map authors before it goes final. I have to disagree with you though ... I have never gotten stuck and bots do not jump forever in the jump pads ... it varies wildly ... sometimes they work fine other times it takes the bots a couple of times or they get killed by me. You know I was playing some retail maps earlier this morning and I noticed all kinds of bot stupidity and places where bots get stuck so even the pros are not perfect.

Iron Guard

Damn , i updated the final!

I fixed the bugs now and i think i fixed the bug with the bots running in front of the wall and i also changed the light of the crystal a bit. I saw that a bot jumped forever at the jump pad but thats also a rare bug, like the bots walking in front of the wall. It happens more often that they need to jump twice to land at the top but i couldnt figure out how to improve that. I dont know how you got stuck in the stones but i changed the collision of them.
    Thx for the hints Aranis and Anuban. Next time i will post a beta much earlier so you can give me this input before i go final.

Sry to all that thought they downloaded the final version... its my first map
    Last edited by Davision; 02-12-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davision View Post
    Damn , i updated the final!

I fixed the bugs now and i think i fixed the bug with the bots running in front of the wall and i also changed the light of the crystal a bit. I saw that a bot jumped forever at the jump pad but thats also a rare bug, like the bots walking in front of the wall. It happens more often that they need to jump twice to land at the top but i couldnt figure out how to improve that. I dont know how you got stuck in the stones but i changed the collision of them.
    Thx for the hints Aranis and Anuban. Next time i will post a beta much earlier so you can give me this input before i go final.

Sry to all that thought they downloaded the final version... its my first map
    I see no PS3 link, while the title states there should be one...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Great map...

Thought I'd comment here too. Thanks for a great map!! SCREENSHOT

- Q

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erp View Post
    I see no PS3 link, while the title states there should be one...
    I will be cooking this sometime tomorrow so be patient .. one more day is not going to kill you.

Edit: As a matter of fact this and Dm-Cryostatis are the last two maps I am cooking for the PS3 community ... no need to go into any explanations as to why.

These instructions here are easy enough for anyone to follow and if anyone has questions I will be happy to answer them.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=597904
    Last edited by AnubanUT2; 02-13-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Iron Guard

@ Qx9
    Nice Screenshot, i wish i could play the game in such high settings.

@ AnubanUT2
    thx for your effort

MSgt. Shooter Person

D/L now...will give feedback.
    |V | r||=
    www.liandri.com

Core 2 Q6600 @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs)
    2046MB RAM
    750G Seagate Barracuda's X2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640
    Saitek Gaming Keyboard
    Logitech G5
    Viewsonic VX924 Monitor

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice map but too small and cramped for my preferences. But thats just IMO.
    |V | r||=
    www.liandri.com

Core 2 Q6600 @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs)
    2046MB RAM
    750G Seagate Barracuda's X2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640
    Saitek Gaming Keyboard
    Logitech G5
    Viewsonic VX924 Monitor

Iron Guard

Added the PS3, thx to Anuban
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+DaikyP.../fileinfo.html

@|<r@$cHR
    Its supposed to be more like a 1on1 map

MSgt. Shooter Person

Time map looks nice
    and the leveldesign is good.

what is the problem then ?

well,... imo this is not a deathmatch map :-/ it's symetrical... including weapons..

This map would make a great CTF / Double Domination map. But i dont think it suits good for deathmatch.
    *VoM*Kensei,
    Leader of *Victoria o Muerte* clan,
    www.vom-ownage.org

Iron Guard

There is also a symetrical deatchmatch map that come with the game, i dont understand the problem! :P
    I tryed it just for fun with CTF but its too small to be a good CTF map, Double Domination would be cool but that is a gametype that is not included in the game.

Banned

^^^ There is no problem man ... some people just don't like these kind of DMs, that is just one person's opinion ... don't let it bother you at all. As you can see the majority of folks in the community really enjoy playing this level. You will never please everyone ... you ought to know that by now.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great map with awesome flow. For some reason when I did the fly-by, I didn't expect myself to like this map, but after playing I found it to be a lot of fun. On top of that you've done some nice decorating in the side rooms, especially with the concentrated lighting on certain statues/objects.

Banned

Good smash map, although wouldn't mind seeing a passage either side of the central one to add a little more variety.

Banned

what fov are you using to take the screenshots, and how are you getting that high of fov?

MSgt. Shooter Person

gr8 map. i remember playing this online with 2 other guys. lots of fun ^^

Redeemer

Cool

OK, nobody fly up and look into the blinding sunlight because I don't believe we're meant to do that. This small map has a good oriental-themed atmosphere which would make one nightmare of a CTF map. The gameplay is good, but the crystal room is still way too bright (magical or not) and I noticed the bots getting stuck near the flak cannon (not on the stairs so much as right at the pickup site) and up top near the middle. The connectivity is there, but this one doesn't seem to flow as well as it could. It was definitely a lot of fun though.