Default Gears of War exe?

Ok when i try to run the game C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\wargame-g4wlive.exe: You cannot run the game with modified executable code. Please Reinstall the game . is what pops up and i just finished reinstalling and this stupid game gave me the same problem. I just bought the game and if this is happening i am gunna be really pissed. is there a fix or anything. NO I AM NOT RUNNING A CRACKED VERSION. NO I HAVE NOT EDITIED THE EXECUTABLE. Running from the cd and just got the game what the heck is going on ?
    Last edited by Turnap; 02-09-2008 at 12:19 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

you have to use startup.exe

Same error

Should work:-
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\startup.exe

(If not work? Should go update Gears of War.)

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think the standard response to this problem (if a restart doesn't fix it) is to reinstall the game. Also, I struck this problem a fair bit before I figured out I had an ever-so-slightly dodgy piece of RAM in my rig so it might not hurt to try memtest as well.

If you do have faulty memory you'll have to reinstall anyway so....

(Edit: Whoops, just read you original post more carefully and realised you've already reinstalled. I stand by my other advice - run memtest on your machine and rule out bad RAM as a possibility. You could also try a different install disk if you have access to one - a friend with the game perhaps?)
    Last edited by Jashobeam; 02-10-2008 at 06:52 AM.

^^^^^^^ Nope no bad ram and it wont work... this is pissing me off > i want my money back!!!!!!!

Ok I have the same problem. It started yesterday when I tried to start the game. I have had this game since it first came out and have played it faithfully since day one. All of a sudden I get This window when I try to start the game
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\wargame-g4wlive.exe: You cannot run the game with modified executable code. Please reinstall the game.
    I have a legal copy and I'm running Vista Home Premium 32bit. I reformatted my entire hard drive and re-installed the OS and the game and I still get the same thing. Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

It's an expired certificate problem that has happened. In order to play the game, (Campaign only mind you) you need to set you computer clock to a date previous to 1/28/09. If you want to play online, once you get the game launched with a previous date, go back to Windows and return your computer clock to the present date and time. This is the only way to get Windows Live to work properly at the moment, at least until they present a patch of some sorts. Good luck.

Arrow Christ

I think you need to just sit tight and wait for an official update. I'd rather wait a few days (or weeks seeing that GOW2 is Epic's new baby now), than spend months trying to fix something that can't really be fixed in the first place . And lool u formatted ur pc, lol! Nice going, chump.
    Last edited by GStreakT; 02-06-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asmodeus1989

Quote Originally Posted by GStreakT View Post
    I think you need to just sit tight and wait for an official update. I'd rather wait a few days (or weeks seeing that GOW2 is Epic's new baby now), than spend months trying to fix something that can't really be fixed in the first place . And lool u formatted ur pc, lol! Nice going, chump.
    Good post. I too have the same problem, but I use the temp fix each time I play with no problems. Patch should be with us soon.
    Rock Xtreme 770 2.2ghz 800fsb, 7950gtx go, 3gb 667

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sonofnone

I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM AND iJUST CHANGED THE DATE AND IT LET ME BACK IN i DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK FOR YOU BUT EPIC NEEDS TO FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sonofnone

Since I'm a newbee to the forum I would like to say that this prob with Gears is a pain in the A-- it is still way better on my pc than xbox anyday,I have been reading alot of rants about the 360 version and feel it takes way more skill to play on a pc than a console! just my opinion

here the solution that worked for me:
    download the newest patch (it just has to be a newer than ur version of the game) and install it. the wargame-g4wlive.exe will be updated and u can play again

well u do have a problem if u allready have the latest version but otherwise this should work