Default Material not displaying on geometry-please help :)

Alright. Total noob here. I created a simple cube x, y, z 512 and hit the subtract button. It displays with the checker texture when the viewport is unlit. I created a material with a diffuse and normal texture. They are displaying on the shpere in the material editor. I right click and assign my material and only see the default checker texture still. What am I not doing? Any help is sooooo appreciated. Thanks

Redeemer

Left Click, not right click, thats it.

Select your surface in unlit view, then left click on material in material browser.

Thanks. That isn't working. It does give me the option to assign my material when I right click, but nothing changes when I do. It must be something else. I notice also when I double click my material in the generic browser, it brings up the material editor, but in the editor the material is called "preview material"? So I don't even know if I am editing my material.

Default Nevermind

Figured it out.

MSgt. Shooter Person

How about you being helpful and letting everybody else know what u did to fix it? that way it's not a completely wasted thread
    Visit MY EBAY STORE
    VISIT MY MYSPACE PAGE
    Xfire: NeoGzus
    UT3 nick= NeoGzus2142
    TerrorSquad Clan Server# 8.12.23.30:7777 TWISTED 24/7