Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Map - Deathmatch (PC/PS3) DM-Wizard Final 1.0 (PC/PS3 Download) Remake of the Halo map.

Name: DM-Wizard
    Version: Final 1.0
    Compatibility: UT3 v1.1
    Description: This is a remake of the Halo map named Wizard. This was a great close quarters map and I felt it would be right at home with Unreal Tournament 3. This also has full bot pathing so you can play singleplayer without having to find a server with someone hosting this map.
    PC Download: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Wizard.../fileinfo.html
    PS3 Download:

Changes:
    • Added the Bio Rifle
    • Readded center column
    • Changed weapon placement
    • Added more detail

Legal: This is a remake from scratch, none of the materials from the original Halo have been used in this map.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules.htm <Official statement from Microsoft about user content based off of Microsoft products.
    Comments: I hope you all enjoy this map, it was a good learning experience making it. Please post and tell me if you like it
    Special Thanks to SteelerWolf for his *working* ladder volume!

Screenshots: Click the images for high resolution versions!
    EDIT: You guys killed my photobucket bandwidth
    Go here for screenshots until my bandwidth is back: http://gallery.filefront.com/zubren/124163/

Last edited by WarTourist; 01-24-2008 at 08:38 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Haven't played the map on Halo but it looks good so I will try it out! Thank you.

Thanks for cooking this for the PS3. You are a god among men.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Neobara View Post
    Thanks for cooking this for the PS3. You are a god among men.
    yes you are a a MAN! that wont let MS frighten you

Default Wont work

I downloaded it but my ps3 dusen`t read it it`s says no dater available.
    Last edited by domeno; 01-14-2008 at 01:50 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

will try once i get home.. thanks

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by domeno View Post
    I downloaded it but my ps3 dusen`t read it it`s says no dater available.
    Is anyone else having this problem? I don't have a PS3 so I can't exactly test these things. I cooked it the same way I cooked the beta so maybe you extracted it wrong, or downloaded the wrong region?

Ah Wizard/Warlock we had some fun times together back in the day. I'm most definitly going to give this a shot. There are only a few halo maps that would work in UT i reckon, And this is most certainly one of them. Foundation Possibly, lockout, we'll have to wait and see

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Zubren View Post
    Is anyone else having this problem? I don't have a PS3 so I can't exactly test these things. I cooked it the same way I cooked the beta so maybe you extracted it wrong, or downloaded the wrong region?
    the file structure etc all appears fine... will have to wait 3 hours till i get home from work to try

No probs here. I tried it and it worked just fine. I unpacked it using WinRAR to a memory stick, put the stick in my PS3 and imported it. Played it once. Never played Halo before, and my thoughts were that this is a really small level like a typical QIIIA level. Not too complex or great, but now and again might be fun to play.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Now we need a Master Chief model to go with it!
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
    Video Card: ATI 4870 1GB
    Memory: 3GB, DDR2 667
    Motherboard: ASUS M2N-MX SE

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

Zubren great work man I tested it on the PS3 and its great....please remake more Halo like maps.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Harmatia

Very enjoyable map with UT3 gameplay. Some of the powerups seems a little awkwardly placed... I would have preferred something up in the center where the shock rifle is... but overall it plays extremely well.

C'mon man. Hang 'em high =)
    | Asus M2N32 590 Sli | AMD x2 6400+| XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 640; core:658, memory:960, shader: 1414| 2 GB Corsair XMS DDR2 6400| (*useless) Physx by Ageia | Creative Xi-fi Xtremegamer | Samsung 2232GW 22" WS |

MSgt. Shooter Person

love this map it is really fun you did a really great job!!!

I loved the map on Halo:CE, honestly my favorite map of that series, its an awesome addition to my UT3 maps, thanks!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

Your map made news on a gaming site PSU.com

@ Omega: yup and I just saw it on n4g.com, the fanboys are up in arms over this, but they are tools for the most part, thanks again for the map, cant wait to see what else you make!

possibly a resistance map? *drools at thought of UT3 nottingham*

MSgt. Shooter Person

resistance map? *drools at thought of UT3 nottingham* lol
    yes but i have alredy seen a (("resistance")) map ibut i do not renember the name of it
    its on thies site.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Zubren, I am begging you to make a remake of Lockout from halo2 and make it for PS3 also. If you do then I'll praise you as my god. (and please make it as much like lockout as you can)
    PSN = xFirexIcex

Worked fine for me. Just played it on my PS3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fopums View Post
    @ Omega: yup and I just saw it on n4g.com, the fanboys are up in arms over this, but they are tools for the most part, thanks again for the map, cant wait to see what else you make!

possibly a resistance map? *drools at thought of UT3 nottingham*

Damn,why would they get there panties in a bunch....its not like its the original map...oh well...

But yeah a Resistance mod map in UT3 would be awesome...nottingham would fit perfectly.I hope Zubren mods more Halo maps....

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well damn, this got a lot more attention than I thought. Looks like I'll be remaking more Halo maps. I don't have a PS3 but I'll see what I can do about having a look at that Nottingham map for you guys

MSgt. Shooter Person

great map man..i have so much fun on it...appreciate the time and effort you took in making and cooking it for the ps3...cant wait to see any other halo maps you may be doing...or even Resistance maps....

Banned

why the ps3 version is not there now??

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN= NDN_Shadow

Well Zubren, if you're interested in making Nottingham, you can look at my Resistance Map Request thread in the requests section. It has all the map layouts and weapon locations. I haven't checked your map out yet, since the map isn't on UT3MOD.com yet, but I'll make sure to do it as soon as I can.
    Last edited by NDN_Shadow; 01-14-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Banned

oh that looks great!! NICE WORK!!!!!!

please someone add this to www.ut3mod.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

great map man

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

Well damn, this got a lot more attention than I thought. Looks like I'll be remaking more Halo maps. I don't have a PS3 but I'll see what I can do about having a look at that Nottingham map for you guys
    Awesome news...we all look forward to what maps you remake.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i can't join games online. i played it but it won't let me join a game with 66 ping and i'm on ps3 what's the deal?

MSgt. Shooter Person

By the way Zubran, what Will Mr Bret Hart do next? (creator of the timberland mod)

-He supposingly didn't want to cook it because he was afraid of being sued, yet he reports that he didn't copy any textures or such off Halo. It was supposingly just the map idea.

Rember folks:
    You can be sued for duplication or infringement on a IP.
    You can't be sued for imitation. (which Zub, you did exactly that)

Good job on the map, but alittle too small for my taste.
    ---------------------------------------

Bret, if you are reading this...This wasn't a taunt but you should watch and learn the events to see if it is indeed safe enough for you. Share the wealth.

MSgt. Shooter Person

A master chief mod would be grounds for copyright infringement even if you didn't copy any textures or models. I am sure MS wouldn't sue if it was done the 360 version however.

However,

You make a mod of people wearing green armor, with helmets and face mask with no insignias and called the mod something else....Who knows?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: [PSN]-DSKEmilio

PS3's can't have helmets yet, so it wouldn't be masterchief. Whoa, why am I getting into that?

Anyway, keep up the good work. I think this version of the map is very polished, and works great with the UT3 formula. Thanks again!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Omegasyde View Post
    A master chief mod would be grounds for copyright infringement even if you didn't copy any textures or models. I am sure MS wouldn't sue if it was done the 360 version however.

However,

You make a mod of people wearing green armor, with helmets and face mask with no insignias and called the mod something else....Who knows?
    Actually there have been a few custom Master Chief models that have been released for different games that haven't received any trouble.
    For example:

That one came out for Counter-Strike:Source and Half-Life 2. It's technically more detailed than the Halo 3 model, but the Halo 3 model still looks better. But anyway, custom content can't be sued over. If he reused assets from Halo 1 and Halo 2, then it would be a problem. For example, Project Torlan for Unreal Tournament 2004. That mod disappeared completely.

well.... has anybody checked this out? not only this page but the first as it relates to the MS legality issue.
    http://forums.gametrailers.com/showt...=279331&page=2
    I think that bloodgultch WIP screenshot looks familiar.....also sorry if this is spammish, I can edit my post.

edit: somebody posted a shot of Bret's bloodgultch and claimed it, got to love the internet huh?

and after a few rounds with wizard I concur the map is very well put together, it was actualy better then I expected, as in I thought it was the "original" wizard for a moment
    Last edited by fopums; 01-15-2008 at 01:56 AM.

We need an official thread about how Microsoft is not going to hunt you down if you make a Halo mod, even if its' explicitly titled MASTER CHIEF FROM HALO 1, 2, OR 3. As long as the creator of said mod doesn't use any textures from the source material and gives proper credit to Bungie/Microsoft/whatever, everything is fine. Proof is here, in Microsoft's Content Usage Page:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules.htm

Read and be educated. No one ever bring this up again.

Edit: Also, Omegasyde, i contacted Bret Hart and gave him the same link i posted above. He said that he didn't want to cook the map for the PS3 because he didn't want to go through the "hassle". =/
    Last edited by Neobara; 01-15-2008 at 01:37 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Neobara View Post
    We need an official thread about how Microsoft is not going to hunt you down if you make a Halo mod, even if its' explicitly titled MASTER CHIEF FROM HALO 1, 2, OR 3. As long as the creator of said mod doesn't use any textures from the source material and gives proper credit to Bungie/Microsoft/whatever, everything is fine. Proof is here, in Microsoft's Content Usage Page:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules.htm

Read and be educated. No one ever bring this up again.

Edit: Also, Omegasyde, i contacted Bret Hart and gave him the same link i posted above. He said that he didn't want to cook the map for the PS3 because he didn't want to go through the "hassle". =/
    Wow, THANK YOU for finding an official statement on this. And if Bret Hart doesn't want to publish his map for the PS3, that's his own fault. He's pretty much losing out on about 60% of the userbase that would actually play his map.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

Wow, THANK YOU for finding an official statement on this. And if Bret Hart doesn't want to publish his map for the PS3, that's his own fault. He's pretty much losing out on about 60% of the userbase that would actually play his map.

Yeah I tried to tell Bret,nothing will happen but you cant force people if they are afraid to try and not do research of there own of what they can do when doing remake mod maps from other games.

Oh well,I appreciate the work Zubren....keep the Halo maps coming as much as you can lol,and if you can make a model as well..please do.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Oh sweet I love the halo maps, and now you might do nottingham that will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DSKEmilio View Post
    PS3's can't have helmets yet, so it wouldn't be masterchief. Whoa, why am I getting into that?

Anyway, keep up the good work. I think this version of the map is very polished, and works great with the UT3 formula. Thanks again!
    Actually they can.
    Directly from http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PS3Mods.html:
    NOTE: New heads do not work on the PS3 as they are based on entirely new characters, which are not moddable on the PS3. The best solution is to make a helmet that covers the entire existing head.

So, it is possible

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ctarpon23 View Post
    Actually they can.
    Directly from http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PS3Mods.html:
    NOTE: New heads do not work on the PS3 as they are based on entirely new characters, which are not moddable on the PS3. The best solution is to make a helmet that covers the entire existing head.

So, it is possible
    Yeah i heard about this too some person said that it might be the code that might be wrong with it the ps3 is looking for the code helmet instead of head. which the pc uses head. I hope some one will try this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast