Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Default d3dx10_35.dll was not found?

I already removed the game once and then re-installed it...it says Re-installing the application may fix this problem but.....It has not? Ayone have the same problem if some let me know how to fix it please!

Message when i try start the game reads

"This application has failed to start because d3dx10_35.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bU|p4h

Reinstall DirectX...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Or

Download the file here and put it into System32:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...html?d3dx10_35
    Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind. - Edward D. Morrison

MSgt. Shooter Person

Direct X....installation failed.... something about refering to your logs in the windows system folder....ima try the other thing i guess..

MSgt. Shooter Person

what is system32 ?? sorry if i sound dumb -_-

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

C:\Windows\System32\

Put the file in there, and it should work.
    Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind. - Edward D. Morrison

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can't seem to get it to work... i bet if i could jsut get direct x to work...it would be fine...but thats the problem there is something wrong with my directX i guess...because when i try to install it...it will not work because of something about looking into LOG's

MSgt. Shooter Person

The Message reads..... (when i try to install that download you gave me the link to)

"An Internal system error occured.
    Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Did you try to put the file from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...html?d3dx10_35 into C:\Windows\System32\ ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes i did try putting that file into system32, it is in there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
    Reinstall DirectX...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Or

Download the file here and put it into System32:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...html?d3dx10_35
    The first link is DX9 for XP, he needs Vista's DX. I don't think that's available.

As for the second file -- Epic may have edited DirectX DLLs for their specific game... which may mean you need to get the d3dx10_35.dll from someone else with UnrealTournament3 and put it in the same folder as ut3.exe (to override system32 default)
    Core i7 920, Foxconn Renaissance, 6GB OCZ DDR3, GeForce GTX460 + GTX 260
    X-Fi Platinum, Bose QC15 Headphones, Windows 7 x86-64
    Rosewill RK-9000 (PS/2 Adapt. NKRO), Adesso Cybertablet 12000, LG Wide 20" LCD + Samsung 23" 1080p LED + LG Wide 22" Glossy LCD

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Okay, I uploaded my Vista DX d3dx10_35.cab file, just put the contents of it, which means extracting it with WinRar, in the System32 folder, and it should work.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7j5domnmvm9

And no Epic didn't do that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

No i have XP...i do not have VISTA...........................

Hmmm Then i am completely lost....?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hmm.. do you have msn? Kinda easier that way

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have AIM my name on there is XiVb4m an xbox live.... my gamertag is XiVB4M same name as aim... get at me on either one...thank you

MSgt. Shooter Person

i have MSN aswell.. actually... let me PM you the Name on there

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I added you..

MSgt. Shooter Person

i am on there right now your offline

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConSIderSuicide View Post
    No i have XP...i do not have VISTA...........................

Hmmm Then i am completely lost....?

um, xp does not have dx10... this is your entire problem. disable dx10 in your config file (my docs, my games, ut3, utgame, config, utengine.ini) AllowD3D10=True to AllowD3D10=False

MSgt. Shooter Person

i do not see an utengine.ini in the utgame/config folder.... i only see a cookerfrontedend_game and a buncha default"........" stuff.

Banned

i do not see an utengine.ini in the utgame/config folder.... i only see a cookerfrontedend_game and a buncha default"........" stuff.
    reading makes life easier...

MSgt. Shooter Person

.......Okay well i did read...i even clicked on these default things and scrolled through the ntoepad to see any place where it said allowd3d10=true so that i could change it to allowd3d10=false, and on the cookerfrontend_game thing and did the same i did not see anything "allowd3d10=" " "

Banned

call me a PITA but i refuse to insult your intellect by reading something to you again... i suggest you go back and read what i said instead of skimming over it. ironically it isnt even sure to fix your problem, as dx10 should never be needed in a dx9 environment. i dont see why its making a call to d3dx10_35.dll in the first place.

MSgt. Shooter Person

dude i guess u may think im stupid...but honestly i did read over carefully what u said but now your just confusing me because i took a good 20 minutes trying to see wat u were saying and in my utgame/config i do not see and utengine.ini and in the default "engine" notepad thing in there i went through it and looked for anything that said allow..... Thank you for the help neways, it is appericated

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well i am sorry for this whole thing, But in the original message it read d3dx9_35.dll was not found now dx10 i finally figured this out and feel incredibly stupid, what can i do now, that i know it needs d3dx9_35.dll rather than the 10...........SORRY for the inconvience

MSgt. Shooter Person

well actually............i just removed the dx10 from system32....and it is saying that dx10 is missing so it wont start because of that now(rather than the dx9 message, even tho the dx9_35.dll is still not there)... i am super confused..

Banned

*sigh* i hate to make you look stupid thats why i wanted you to figure it out!
    i said inside of MY DOCUMENTS click my games, ut3, utgame, config... not inside of the ut3 install directory.

plain as day if you ask me yet for some reason you insisted every time on ignoring the my documents/my games/ part

but still dx9 issues o.0 thats weird

just download the dll from google and place it in your system32 folder and keep going until you have them all.

MSgt. Shooter Person

dude i dont have a my games in my documents.... i looked there first then figured i could just go through it the other way....

MSgt. Shooter Person

i think the main problem is my Direct X setup thing... when i run it, it tells me
    " an Internal system error occured....please refer to DXerror.log and directx.log in your windows folder to deteremine the problem.. the thing is just messed up or something mann

MSgt. Shooter Person

i did this DirectX diagnostic tool thing that i found inside of my windows/system32 folder and it said that system.dll file is missing (there are two other that are there) in the list that are named system.dll and it says i should reinstall directX to get the lastest version but it wont let me reinstall directX

Banned

*in his best indian voice* please insert your windows reinstall cd and restart your computer.

MSgt. Shooter Person

man thats what i didnt want to end up doing its gonna erase all my pictures isnt it?

MSgt. Shooter Person

im gonna loose all my stuff thought arnt i?

MSgt. Shooter Person

what if i were to just buy windows vista...would that do the same thing?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I got that message in the DX diagnostic tool to go away by removing the .net framework... now is there a way i can get this damn game to work!

Banned

man thats what i didnt want to end up doing its gonna erase all my pictures isnt it?
    No
    im gonna loose all my stuff thought arnt i?
    No
    what if i were to just buy windows vista...would that do the same thing?
    No idea. Solve the problem you have before creating others.

Just reinstall Windows. Don't do a "fresh" install that's likely to format the hard drive.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thats the thing though im back at my original problem...removing the .net framwork of 2.0-3.5 and sticking with 1.1 there is no system.dll problem it is just back to the dx3dx9_35.dll problem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

and what is a "fresh" install? how can i avoid that

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

So the file you're missing is not d3dx10_35.dll but d3dx9_35.dll?

MSgt. Shooter Person

nah i have both of them now...but it still says that the d3dx9_35.dll is missing, and if i take the d3dx10_35.dll out it says that one is missing......but reguardless 9_35 in the system32 folder or not it still says it is missing and refuses to run, also i think it is my directX i cannnot update it or anything it says something about the dxerror.log to check it but i dont know were that is

MSgt. Shooter Person

woahh...u put the d3dx9_35.dll file agian in there and maybe its in maybe not...but now i get the message that the game failed to start because XINPUT1_3.dll was not found.......This is NEWWWWW maybe i am getting closer? well help me when u get a chances thanks everyone for your time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast