Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

hmmm i wonder if anybody has thought that UED could be ran on a ps3 verry easily and with little problems. all it would take is being able to dump the disc to your ps3s Harddrive and then have a UED specially coded to run on the ps3 and access the ut3 files that it would need. It would required a mouse and keyboard and some other things like that but it wouldnt be that far fetched. the ps3 has more than enough power to run the apps needed.

nothing is impossible just improbable. a one in a million chance is still good enough odds to pursue something at all costs. just get some of the pc guys problems fixed first because they are still your base community and need to be well taken care of if you want to see the ps3 version live.

I know Mark or anyone will probably read this post but for those of you who did thanks for listening to my incoherent babble.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laggmaster View Post
    hmmm i wonder if anybody has thought that UED could be ran on a ps3 verry easily and with little problems. all it would take is being able to dump the disc to your ps3s Harddrive and then have a UED specially coded to run on the ps3 and access the ut3 files that it would need. It would required a mouse and keyboard and some other things like that but it wouldnt be that far fetched. the ps3 has more than enough power to run the apps needed.

nothing is impossible just improbable. a one in a million chance is still good enough odds to pursue something at all costs. just get some of the pc guys problems fixed first because they are still your base community and need to be well taken care of if you want to see the ps3 version live.

I know Mark or anyone will probably read this post but for those of you who did thanks for listening to my incoherent babble.
    You would be missing way too much ram and UED run on windows kernel.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN Darth-Krayt

Don't be fooled by what seems like a little bit of RAM on the PS3. The Cell processor is designed to not need as much RAM. It does applications RIGHT NOW, as apposed to cacheing things away in RAM to be done "later" so to speak. And not only does it (ps3) have RAM for backup anyway for developers that havn't figured out how to not need it. Each core of the processor actually has some of it's own Ram as well for running it's own seperate applications. Noone ever seems to talk about that extra RAM for each core of the Cell. The editor could certainly be run on the PS3. It would just have to be designed specifically for it. Guess what. That's never gonna happen. It's not worth it. That would cost alot to develop for. It would basically be creating a whole new Unreal Engine to run on the PS3. While that is a thought that makes me salivate due to the possibilities, it would not be economic at all. Cell processors are basically brand new technology that is making it's first appearance on PS3. With a couple years, if the plan works out, the Cell processor will be the industry standard, like intel or AMD is now. If you don't believe the Cell is an incredible piece of technology, you are mis, or disinformed. And need only to look at the work being done at Folding@Home. This has been running for years on PCs all over the world. And the amount of work done by all those PCs in all those years was done twice over in less than 8 months by just the PS3's that had owners that decided to chip in their PS3's processing power when they weren't using it. If it becomes standard in PCs though, programmers are going to have to start thinking a little bit differently. Because of exactly what I was talking about before. When properly being developed for, the Cell processor has no need for RAM. It's THAT fast. And this is only with the current 3.2 Ghz main processor with back-up 333mhz processors. You know those specs are going to go up in time just like regular processors. The potential in the Cell processor is pretty amazing. But people want proof first. And that is what the PS3 is. Watch the games that come out a year, 2 years from now. The performance will be to great to be ignored by the industry. But. Will it be used to it's potential? That will be what tells the tale. Are developers going to be willing to learn it within a year or two from now? Some devs aren't trying, and sometimes avoiding learning the Cell.....like Valve and EA. Other devs are already singing it's praises. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Larry L; 01-05-2008 at 07:23 PM.
    PSN ID- Darth-Krayt

Monster Hunter, Mortal Kombat vs DC, Unreal Tournament 3, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Ghostbusters, The Eye of Judgment, Killzone 2, Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, Gran Turismo 5p, MGS4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larry L View Post
    Don't be fooled by what seems like a little bit of RAM on the PS3. The Cell processor is designed to not need as much RAM. It does applications RIGHT NOW, as apposed to cacheing things away in RAM to be done "later" so to speak. And not only does it (ps3) have RAM for backup anyway for developers that havn't figured out how to not need it. Each core of the processor actually has some of it's own Ram as well for running it's own seperate applications. Noone ever seems to talk about that extra RAM for each core of the Cell. The editor could certainly be run on the PS3. It would just have to be designed specifically for it. Guess what. That's never gonna happen. It's not worth it. That would cost alot to develop for. It would basically be creating a whole new Unreal Engine to run on the PS3. While that is a thought that makes me salivate due to the possibilities, it would not be economic at all. Cell processors are basically brand new technology that is making it's first appearance on PS3. With a couple years, if the plan works out, the Cell processor will be the industry standard, like intel or AMD is now. If you don't believe the Cell is an incredible piece of technology, you are mis, or disinformed. And need only to look at the work being done at Folding@Home. This has been running for years on PCs all over the world. And the amount of work done by all those PCs in all those years was done twice over in less than 8 months by just the PS3's that had owners that decided to chip in their PS3's processing power when they weren't using it. If it becomes standard in PCs though, programmers are going to have to start thinking a little bit differently. Because of exactly what I was talking about before. When properly being developed for, the Cell processor has no need for RAM. It's THAT fast. And this is only with the current 3.2 Ghz main processor with back-up 333mhz processors. You know those specs are going to go up in time just like regular processors. The potential in the Cell processor is pretty amazing. But people want proof first. And that is what the PS3 is. Watch the games that come out a year, 2 years from now. The performance will be to great to be ignored by the industry. But. Will it be used to it's potential? That will be what tells the tale. Are developers going to be willing to learn it within a year or two from now? Some devs aren't trying, and sometimes avoiding learning the Cell.....like Valve and EA. Other devs are already singing it's praises. Time will tell.
    Thats one of the most intelligent things I've read in a forum. Well said

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Npeaen View Post
    My question falls to exactly what kind of mods the PS3 will be able to run. Of course over time with PC UT3 we'll get total conversions and whatnot, but could that sort of thing be applied to the PS3 version? Near as I can tell, all the PS3 can handle are mutators and maps.
    i been asking that on a few threads. glad to see someone else see's it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Guys look what i am gonna do, ill just download UT3 for PC and get UnrealEd. It's not fair for someone who paid more money than the PC users to get the PS3 version, not to have what the pc version has!!!!!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by RealSubZero View Post
    Guys look what i am gonna do, ill just download UT3 for PC and get UnrealEd. It's not fair for someone who paid more money than the PC users to get the PS3 version, not to have what the pc version has!!!!!!!!
    hey thats piracy and thats wrong go out and buy the game if you really want the editor. support Epic they gave you a great game and have been almost completely neglecting pc users to get us mod support.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: cmagus

Well the patch to allow us to cook to PS3 i guess has just been released.I have applied it but looking around for info mine is still cooking out to pc obviously and I don't see any settings or options to do so anyone know the process for cooking out to PS3?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Well the patch to allow us to cook to PS3 i guess has just been released.I have applied it but looking around for info mine is still cooking out to pc obviously and I don't see any settings or options to do so anyone know the process for cooking out to PS3?
    Is it really out?? Wow maybe we will see some mods converted sometime tonight.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: cmagus

http://www.epicgames.com/download/ps3modtools.exe

Quote:
    PS3 Mod Tools Installer

This patch includes the necessary tools for converting mods to the PS3 format.

Please see http://udn.epicgames.com/PS3Mods/ for detailed instructions on using the tools. These instructions will probably evolve over time as the community makes more and more mods, so check back often!

Happy modding!

Banned

Great news, hopefully mod makers don't mind converting some of their maps and mutators over now. There are a ton of great ones I'd like to have.

I noticed over on Filefront that there are no models or skins yet for the PC version is this because Epic isnt allowing new Char models in this game or is it because of the complexity of creating a new player model for this game.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fr0z3nB0nes

There are new models such as the xan one that has been created.

Use the forums, there aren't enough mods yet for filefront to be used for models etc.

Unreal Editor PS3 Beta Mod Tools Up For Grabs!

http://n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=97390

Someone plz cook the 3rd person mod plZZZZ

how do you save for ps3? the cook button? i don't see anything under export or save

Banned

I'm confused. Has it officially been released then? I see some other threads being deleted and people saying Epic isn't going to release it until tomorrow. But the download is online. Is it working?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Apparently it's released, but where's the official post? I think someone who was testing it leaked it.
    Last edited by xFirexIcex; 01-06-2008 at 07:10 PM.
    PSN = xFirexIcex

Banned

Ah jeez...well if it was a leak I hope its at least the finished version.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Laggmaster View Post

I'm sure EPIC has gone over the possibilities already. But consider if ya makes some direct PS3 mods you gotta cookem back to the PC too....
    Home page on hold, stay tuned
    -megaboarder-

Banned

Well the first mod cooked with the updated tool set does not work:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=595600

It doesn't look good for PS3 users.

MSgt. Shooter Person

it works!!!!!!! 3rd person....

i'm on the ps3, just installed action-cam and it works. keep em comin
    Last edited by humanschmoke; 01-07-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Yeahhh, finally, tried already, and it works fine!!!!
    Costa Rica...

MSgt. Shooter Person

really? how do i downlaod it to my PS3, can some one give me the file structure and i have the game using a european console will user created content still work on my console.

The File Structure is PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS30086-MODIMPORT\USERDATA.JAM
    Boot UT3 then go to Community i think (not sure ^^) My Content and Press Square for import.

And Yes it works on a european Console, i have one too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by locy View Post
    The File Structure is PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS30086-MODIMPORT\USERDATA.JAM
    Boot UT3 then go to Community i think (not sure ^^) My Content and Press Square for import.

And Yes it works on a european Console, i have one too.
    thats the way mine is, why wont it work?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: McBrightside

Quote Originally Posted by RealSubZero View Post
    Yeah, but you knew before hand that the PS3 version wouldn't have the editor.
    That's like me stealing a slushy from Quik-N-Cold after finding out that the inferior slushy I bought from ShiverMeTimbers is only 3/4 the size...

I could have gone and found that out before buying my inferior slushy..

MSgt. Shooter Person

Your slushy anology made me feel very introspective about my life and where it's going.

MSgt. Shooter Person

hmmmm, is it out or not??? Is there any map or model available?

MSgt. Shooter Person

So I guess the links to the tools were taken down?

Ok, I found a new link:
    http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...s3modtools.exe
    Last edited by mustapha; 01-07-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    On Tap:
    DM-BathroomIII_Beta2a for PC
    DM-BathroomIII_Beta2a for PS3
    Currently Brewing:
    DM-BathroomIII (Final)

MSgt. Shooter Person

well the links are posted in the mod section by a admin Here so i guess it is officially released

MSgt. Shooter Person

YES he's officially release and have explication and all, the patch 1.1 is required, the link is just over there: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=597312

now you have all you need to cook up into the propier format!!
    can't wait to have a lot of map and mod!!
    PSN: XxDeidaraxX
    XBL: Xx Madara xX

MSgt. Shooter Person

one question...can we download the mods and then convert em? or is software like UnrealEd necessary???

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    No, this is a feature of the PC version of the game and you need the content that comes with the PC version to make mods anyway so you need to own the PC version to make mods for either platform.
    That was on page 3.
    BeyondUnreal
    źBeyondUnreal Assassins╗ Live in your world, DIE in ours.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dutch JaFO

Quote Originally Posted by SpineDr View Post
    I noticed over on Filefront that there are no models or skins yet for the PC version is this because Epic isnt allowing new Char models in this game or is it because of the complexity of creating a new player model for this game.
    Epic does allow new character-models, however there are several issues that prevent users from creating them :
    = it has become incredibly complex

= we can't create new factions, which means that there won't be any models with alternate first-person limbs, gibs or voicepacks as all these are tied to the factions

= only the human and krall skeletons have been released (the robots are not listed on the UDN)

= you need to manually edit the UtCustomChar.ini unlike the PS3-version which is apparently smart enough that it can import and automagically make the changes required.

As a result all of the models are in the beta-section and given the limitations that the PS3 cooking places on 'new' content it appears that PS3-users will only ever get to see a few new shoulderpads for existing characters instead of complete custom characters like the mutant mouse ( see : http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=596770 )
    Q : Why ask Epic, when we can mutate the hell out of this game ?
    A : Because we need their help for the low-level stuff like a way to change the voicepacks for characters ...

And to everything else "Less Whining, more Fragging and Mutating"

MSgt. Shooter Person

no! i want the mutant mouse on my ps3!

Quote Originally Posted by JaFO View Post
    As a result all of the models are in the beta-section and given the limitations that the PS3 cooking places on 'new' content it appears that PS3-users will only ever get to see a few new shoulderpads for existing characters instead of complete custom characters like the mutant mouse ( see : http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=596770 )
    Thats very disappointing I really enjoy new models I had alot for UT2004, I only have the PS3 version since I'am not ready to upgrade my computer and this 5 year old rig would barely walk the game much less run it. Mutant mouse is sweet.

What kind of Memory devices does Ps3 support?
    I have a Free agent External hard drive and a mutator on it,cooked and ready in proper format but when i launch the UT3 for ps3 and go to import it just shows "Insert storage media".Is ps3 external hard drive compatible?

Thanks in advance.

the external hard drives are compatible iceman, i imported my first map with my 300 gig seagate external harddrive. Hopefully your not asking if the PS3 can even detect the external if so you must reformat the drive to FAT32 and then the ps3 will pick it up just fine.

Darn,I already have alot of stuff on the hard drive and didn't wanna reformat it,but I'll Meddle around with it.Thanks!
    Last edited by Iceman10; 01-09-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman10 View Post
    Darn,I already have alot of stuff on the hard drive and didn't wanna reformat it,but I'll Meddle around with it.Thanks!
    Create a small partition on your drive and format it to FAT32. No need toe completely format it.
    Time flies like the wind, but fruit flies like bananas.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast