Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Default PS3 mod cooking update

Folks,

I just wanted to give you an update:

We're very close to releasing an update to the Unreal Engine 3 editor, that comes with the PC version of UT3, that will allow UT3 mod-makers to cook their mods into the required PS3 format. We've been doing some internal testing and we're hoping to expand to a wider group tomorrow or Friday. If all goes well then we should see the update released next week which is what I expect will happen. Obviously the process works, as we put out a few mods before Christmas and people seem to be playing them, but it is the update to the editor that we're testing.

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Mark Rein; 01-02-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Skaarj

NICE.... Thanks 4 Da Update
    Rest In Peace Chad "Pimp C" Butler {UGK FOREVER}

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Crab_is_Fn_A

Thanks for updating
    {V}_{^w^}_{V} - Eena

Banned

big news! thanks

any info bout a ps3 patch?

Banned

yes, thanks again. To clarify, is the paperwork from Sony complete? In other words, is it too late for them to go back on this deal? Because I don't trust them.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: diablo3515

Hey Mark what will the xbox version have on it when it comes out. Will it have the current mods and upcoming ones or will it just be the standard game.

Boomshot

Cool. Good job.
    DuelRemove v2 (fixed) // UT3 Wishlist

"I am certain there is too much certainty in the world" - Michael Crichton

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: irishdudewill

Excellent news Mark. Thanks.
    Bacon, it's what's for dinner!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Good stuff

BTW any word on whats happening with Gears PC ? Many of us are still experiencing issues (me personally, stutter) and we havent heard anything in the way of an official "were fixing it" post or something

Anyhoot good news, once i finally start the map making malark (bought a second copy of UT3, Special Edition of course, just for the tutorials ), il be using this feature .

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very nice to hear, hope the PC community is excited (and willing!) to start sharing with the PS3 players.

MSgt. Shooter Person

nice to hear

thanks for the hard work
    Taking mediocrity to all new levels of meh.

Banned

Default Tanks for the Great

Thanks for the update and for all the **** that will go with it.
    I hope to see this patch next week or I gone speak.

This game is the best and puts the best to the test.

Totol conversions that are extensive Mods are on the road to making dropped jaws.

Bigger maps with greater graphics what else could you want from the console masta's

Mods make games great when u dont need credit cards.

Thanks for the update My Niffa

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSNID: Herbyg

Sweet this is great news, Thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person

thats what's up right now.

Prisoner 849

E-gasm initiated.

I can't wait for this! Marcus Reinix brings in the good news once again.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

YES finally,great news....any info on a PS3 patch? There are things in the PS3 version that need to fixed asap...

MSgt. Shooter Person

I look forward to the release. It'll be interesting to see how well the PS3 handles most of these mods.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you for giving us updated information.

Fantastic..thanks Mark!!

Banned

Yay for PS3 users, they got an update and actual communication. Cook up some lovin with the PS3!

Now.. *waves*

Hi, PC users over here, hope you didn't forget about us..
    Last edited by Ethyn; 01-02-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks Mark!!!!yay!!!!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MD Contra

How about fixing the pc version first

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there a limit on the file size for a mod that wants to be ported to the PS3?
    Sentient Goo

MSgt. Shooter Person

Good news, this means more mods for me.....
    PSN = xFirexIcex

Hope there will be a more practical way to do multiple map installation than keep changing that userdata.jam thing

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great news, now will we be able to download the editor for free so that PS3 players can cook their own maps?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Monumental View Post
    Great news, now will we be able to download the editor for free so that PS3 players can cook their own maps?
    No, this is a feature of the PC version of the game and you need the content that comes with the PC version to make mods anyway so you need to own the PC version to make mods for either platform.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by R.Flagg View Post
    Is there a limit on the file size for a mod that wants to be ported to the PS3?
    I'm sure there is but unfortunately I don't know what it is. We encourage people to test their mods before releasing them to the wild. I'm sure some of the more reputable mod sites will do their own testing before posting them.

Banned

Mark I know that this is EXTREMELY off topic, but I was wondering if you'd mind shedding some light on whether or not you guys would be able to add split-screen for PS3 down the road? If its not possible or likely just level with us...I'm dying to play with friends/family members at the same time.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there anyway you guys can release just a mod/cooker only for pc for the ps3 owners so that we don't need to down 50 dollars just to mod even if the mod application costs few dollars? I.E. like taking out all the necessary things to play it as a game and keeping in minimal to mods purpose only?

Quote Originally Posted by mikehc69 View Post
    Mark I know that this is EXTREMELY off topic, but I was wondering if you'd mind shedding some light on whether or not you guys would be able to add split-screen for PS3 down the road? If its not possible or likely just level with us...I'm dying to play with friends/family members at the same time.
    i agree with you man me and my brother play gears of war all the time on the xbox live,it would be really great if you guys would come up with a way to play this game split screen with friends and family.

O i don't wanna sound like i am not grateful thanks mark!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Mark or other Epic staff, one more question

Is there anyway you can separate the MODS thread to PC and PS3 or somehow make the SEARCH function accept PS3? Currently, it doesn't accept PS3 because it's less than 4 letters

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StuntF50

Great news Mark. But are you going to do anything about the mods crashing the game? =[
    STUNT

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up When is a PAtch coming for the PS3?

Hey Mark,

I know I complained and all in the beginning, but I actually apologize to your staff. However my complaints had alot of leverage and after talking to a game designer I understood on how important deadlines are and how publishers are hecklers for release dates. I know that putting in splitscreen would of taken a while along with the mod support. Business wise, Epic committed a smart move to not miss the holiday season in North America.

However there are 3 Huge problems still on the PS3 Version, that definitely need to be checked out:

1) Mic support is very shoddy. Can you make the Commication's voice activated, I.e. no button to talk?
    [ I am surprised because in GOW it was great]

2) Constant game freezes.
    [I thought it was mods, but alot of people are complaining stating," They have no mics and are connected to the PSN."]

3) Latency issues.
    [ I only find that the the midway servers have the greatest pings, but very few servers are actually decent. Alot of people do not host either because they find out thier game is laggy. Perhaps your team could share code or improve the PS3 talking to each other to reduce lag from the guys who made Warhawk. No offence.]

Great game and actually got alot of people to but the ps3 just to play the game. The problem however is that servers are dying off because people are getting "sick of" system freezes, lag, and playing a team game with no communication.

P.S. I actually bought the PC version just to make mods for the PS3. Good job on the marketing gimmic

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome! Thanks Mark and everyone at Epic.

Many Hazaas are in order. ^_^

Default that blows

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    No, this is a feature of the PC version of the game and you need the content that comes with the PC version to make mods anyway so you need to own the PC version to make mods for either platform.
    So us who purchased it for the PS3 get boned and have to go buy a pc version if we want to make mods. I think you guys should rethink that and offer it to us in a download.

craig k
    Last edited by craigny1; 01-03-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast